• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,877
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Jedi4Yahweh said:

I think your getting into the weeds here.  Yes, ultimately it is our fault when we sin no matter who is doing the enticing.  David took responsibility for HIS sin even though the scriptures clearly says Satan enticed him.  

Blessed [is] the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him. Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man: But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death. - Jas 1:12-15 KJV

How can the author of the text established why David decided to number the people, while fear is suggested and or David's concern about the safety of the Kingdom for the years to come...as David while in battle he was drained from his strength and one of his men saved him from death by killing the Philistine giant who was approaching him to kill him, the brother of Goliath and one of his men stand between David and the giant and he killed the giant saving David..

Now those sircumstances existed, was David's decision influence by those sircumstances alone, or by any other external unseen powers even unknown to David...

Was his near death experience?  And the fact that became vulnerable in battle to make him take his eyes off the Lord...and put it on the number of his men..

And the Lord started reducing the number of his men non stop...and we see the end result that can show us the beginning...

The point is we cannot tell we can emotional sidings with one or the other as the authors of the different versions...but God cannot be blame, and we who knows if Satan tried to take advantage of the situation and influence David to disobeyed God....

This is the most likely but David was given time, enough time to reconsider and at the end he made that decision on his own, and supposed Satan who was the God of the Philistines wanted David to disobeyed God and do the numbering and sin...David made his own decision....a decision Satan like, but he cannot take credit for that. David made a strategic decision as the commander of the army, he wanted to know how many able men he had at his disposal...

And from the end result we can only say that GOD did not stopped David directly as he was doing before by sending his prophet to tell him what to do....because that was a test...Satan was happy that David sin, but never he did credited himself for that...definitely the Lord never brought him in the picture at all...that time or at any time later on and up to this day...definitely the author wrote the account of the events that took place and he never said that the Lord told him what to write...

He used his skills to record the events...and the facts at hand...and he never boasted that he can prove the one or the other....the same thing that the people were also divided as to what happened to Moses....Definitely Moses was not the first begotten from the dead as some suggest...The people had their say and Jesus told to Peter, John and James to keep it a secret that they show Moses discuss things known in Heaven about Jesus with Elijah...

Definitely 

Edited by Your closest friendnt

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,119
  • Content Per Day:  9.67
  • Days Won:  149

21 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings- I did say" you choose",I believe? And then I did ask a specific question that came to mind in a following post- what was David's sin( regarding his taking a consensus)& I also touched on another question about " who or what compelled( invited) David to take that condenses

I tried to do the @Starise thingy but my phone just won't do it at times so perhaps you didn't see my questions? Sorry

Hi Kwik. I'm not making excuses here but I've been busting my hump all day, so not much time earlier. I now have some time but I'm on my android phone. Not terribly limiting but somewhat restricting compared to a good ol' full sized keyboard.

There is a play here locally in a Christian theatre called David. I went to see it and it was amazing. The reason I bring it up is because that play and set were so well done I had the story of David on my mind for quite awhile. 

He was called a man after God's own heart. David was a man God took special interest in. A great example of God love and correction in the face of failure.

I believe we can make at least a cursory comparison to Samson. Samson went after an ungodly woman and it ended up costing him his life eventually. David allowed himself to be drawn into a lustful situation. He had to have known people bathed on the roof. It likely did not escape him the palace was higher than the roofs of the other dwellings, so he knew going on the roof when people bathe could be opening himself up to seeing as something. 

It is really sad though that a man can be a good man his entire life, and what do many choose to remember? The few bad things.

Moses led the children of Israel out of the wilderness at God's leading but struck a rock in frustration once and paid dearly for it. There was the murder too, which seems to have been less of an issue than striking the rock for some reason. 

No question God uses evil to test and try. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  1

57 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

How can the author of the text established why David decided to number the people, while fear is suggested and or David's concern about the safety of the Kingdom for the years to come...as David while in battle he was drained from his strength and one of his men saved him from death by killing the Philistine giant who was approaching him to kill him, the brother of Goliath and one of his men stand between David and the giant and he killed the giant saving David..

Now those sircumstances existed, was David's decision influence by those sircumstances alone, or by any other external unseen powers even unknown to David...

Was his near death experience?  And the fact that became vulnerable in battle to make him take his eyes off the Lord...and put it on the number of his men..

And the Lord started reducing the number of his men non stop...and we see the end result that can show us the beginning...

The point is we cannot tell we can emotional sidings with one or the other as the authors of the different versions...but God cannot be blame, and we who knows if Satan tried to take advantage of the situation and influence David to disobeyed God....

This is the most likely but David was given time, enough time to reconsider and at the end he made that decision on his own, and supposed Satan who was the God of the Philistines wanted David to disobeyed God and do the numbering and sin...David made his own decision....a decision Satan like, but he cannot take credit for that. David made a strategic decision as the commander of the army, he wanted to know how many able men he had at his disposal...

And from the end result we can only say that GOD did not stopped David directly as he was doing before by sending his prophet to tell him what to do....because that was a test...Satan was happy that David sin, but never he did credited himself for that...definitely the Lord never brought him in the picture at all...that time or at any time later on and up to this day...definitely the author wrote the account of the events that took place and he never said that the Lord told him what to write...

He used his skills to record the events...and the facts at hand...and he never boasted that he can prove the one or the other....the same thing that the people were also divided as to what happened to Moses....Definitely Moses was not the first begotten from the dead as some suggest...The people had their say and Jesus told to Peter, John and James to keep it a secret that they show Moses discuss things known in Heaven about Jesus with Elijah...

Definitely 

Your argument is not with me but with Scriptures.  Yes, David took responsibility for this sin, but never the less he was enticed by Satan to do it.   Both are true.

Now Satan stood up against Israel, and moved David to number Israel. - 1Ch 21:1 NKJV

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

16 minutes ago, Starise said:

Hi Kwik. I'm not making excuses here but I've been busting my hump all day, so not much time earlier. I now have some time but I'm on my android phone. Not terribly limiting but somewhat restricting compared to a good ol' full sized keyboard.

There is a play here locally in a Christian theatre called David. I went to see it and it was amazing. The reason I bring it up is because that play and set were so well done I had the story of David on my mind for quite awhile. 

He was called a man after God's own heart. David was a man God took special interest in. A great example of God love and correction in the face of failure.

I believe we can make at least a cursory comparison to Samson. Samson went after an ungodly woman and it ended up costing him his life eventually. David allowed himself to be drawn into a lustful situation. He had to have known people bathed on the roof. It likely did not escape him the palace was higher than the roofs of the other dwellings, so he knew going on the roof when people bathe could be opening himself up to seeing as something. 

It is really sad though that a man can be a good man his entire life, and what do many choose to remember? The few bad things.

Moses led the children of Israel out of the wilderness at God's leading but struck a rock in frustration once and paid dearly for it. There was the murder too, which seems to have been less of an issue than striking the rock for some reason. 

No question God uses evil to test and try. 

I do hope you fix your hump,nothing worse than a busted hump- ask any camel!

I wish that play was near me,I really enjoy them- there's a church in Ft Lauderdale that puts on some wonderful Biblical productions.... Boy oh boy I'd love to see " David"

Indeed,the one little bad thing ( or 2) is what is remembered,isn't it?

Speaking of Moses & that rock... I remember back when I couldn't see the sin of disobedience , his bad temper & a bit of self righteousness which in comparison to when he killed  out of a Righteous wrath( I Believe he did not intend or anticipate the man dying)was by far,much worse in the Eyes of God Almighty,wouldn't you agree?

And Amen- God Allows( Uses) Evil  to test & try- no doubt Brother!

Edited by kwikphilly
  • Well Said! 1

I would certainly agree. I would add that Moses spent a lot of time in the wilderness after that murder. This time was surely a time when God worked on him. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  391
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/03/1958

On 9/23/2022 at 8:59 PM, DeighAnn said:

Dear Omegaman, please understand ANYONES name could be placed where your name is,  as this is to EVERYONE/anyone in hopes that SOMEONE WILL STEP UP WITH some answers, or at THE VERY LEAST quit saying it so I can quit going crazy every time someone does.  

1 Corinthians 15:44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

1 Corinthians 15:35 But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come?

1  Corinthians 15:37 And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain:

1  Corinthians 15:12 Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?

1 Thessalonians 4:13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

1 Thessalonians 4:14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

Genesis 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Revelation 6:9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:

Revelation 6:10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

Revelation 6:11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

WHY WOULD AIR/breath/spirit NEED A ROBE?  Or GOD a throne?

Genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

John 14:7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

John 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip?
he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

Matthew 22:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.

Matthew 22:30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

I realize EVERYONE wants to KEEP believing what they were taught BUT GET REAL.  

How many different places does it need to be written?  Why are there temples and chairs and wars and armies and books and hands and feet and and and and and????   

PLEASE WOULD SOMEONE SHOW ME WHERE IT SAYS we go to heaven WITHOUT A BODY,  so I can JOIN UP WITH ALL OF YOU

PLEAS WOULD SOMEONE/anyone/EVERYONE show me WHERE IS SAYS we come back TO BE REUNITED with a DEAD BODY MADE ALIVE?

Cause ALL I CAN FIND is THE DEAD being resurrected.  THE DEAD rising up THE DEAD IN CHRIST being raised.  

What is my PROBLEM with THE LIVING being raised up out from the DEAD?  besides the NEVER DIE PART?  

BECAUSE of when the DEAD ARE JUDGED, making IT IMPOSSIBLE to rule and reign with Christ for 1000 years.  

I AM WILLING TO BE WRONG WRON WRONG DEAD WRONG if only someone will SHOW ME WHERE IT IS WRITTEN

BECAUSE as of RIGHT NOW it is just a doctrine of man

Even those who believe they are 'the GENTILE CHURCH' and have nothing to do with ISRAEL 

fall backwards and speak of 

'the last day' that the OLD COVENANT people were looking forward to. (which ALREADY took place when the GRAVES were opened) (which reminds me, when DID THEY GET CLOSED AGAIN AND WHO DID IT?)

AND yes, all the CAPITOL LETTERS ARE YELLING because I KEEP asking these same questions and I KNOW YOU ALL SEE THEM yet NO ONE will give me any SCRIPTURE they are using to say that we QUIT BEING BEINGS and become spirit/air/whatever 

even though YOU ALL BELIEVE IT.  Why doesn't anyone want to share this information with me?  NOT ONE PERSON EVER HAS.  I have asked again and again and again....

Sorry back to SCRIPTURE  

2Corinthians 5:1 For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

2Corinthians 5:2 For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven:

1 Corinthians 15:44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

I believe the confusion started in the garden of Eden.  It is widely excepted that Eve believed that God was a liar. As did Adam because he ate of the forbidden fruit as well.

What lie was God accused of telling is seldom discussed.  The lie of course is that "you shall Not surely die ". That's where humans began to believe that they were immortal beings. To reinforce the truth, a bit later they were kicked out of Eden.  Why? Not because they ate the forbidden fruit,  but to keep them from eating  of the tree of life, and living forever.  And what are we taught from the pulpits today? That when we depart this existence we shall either go to heaven and live forever or to hell and live forever but " You shall Not surely die ".

Bible speaks of 2 deaths. One is the sleep appointed to all to die once and THEN the judgment.  The second death is the one God spoke of in the garden of Eden,  the surely die  death. To be un-existed. 

Christ alone has ascended to heaven. All who have died, await His 2nd coming to be resurrected from the sleep death, in the grave where there is no consciousness. 

Some to everlasting life and some to everlasting destruction.  

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.61

3 hours ago, Dan Knight said:

I believe the confusion started in the garden of Eden.  It is widely excepted that Eve believed that God was a liar.

I don't know what is taught from the 'pulpits' today except it isn't Gods Truth because if it was we would all be in agreement.  Someone would say something and the other would tell them  where it was written.  

God makes the statement and Satan puts a spin or a little twist, puts it into a question.

Genesis 2:16 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:

Genesis 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

Same exact same thing here

Matthew 3:17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Matthew 4:1 Then was Jesus led up of the spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.
Matthew 4:2 And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungred.

Matthew 4:3 And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.

God says it, Satan brings it into question.  The only way we know what is TRUTH are by the words of God. 

'It is widely accepted...' that stuff makes me RUN as 'the whole world will be deceived'....

I know she was deceived. 
I know nothing of Eve believing God was a liar.  But I do know I WOULD REALLY RUN FROM THAT STATEMENT.  

1 Timothy 2:14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

1 Timothy 2:15 Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

4 hours ago, Dan Knight said:

That when we depart this existence we shall either go to heaven and live forever or to hell and live forever but " You shall Not surely die ".

The choice is life or death, not life or eternal torture.  They take their PART in the lake of fire.  The SMOKE ascends forever,  not the torture.  

Ezekiel 28:18 Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee.

Ezekiel 28:19 All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more.

And if all that isn't enough go look at all the places FOR EVER and ever are written and you will find it doesn't mean what WE THINK it means.  

And if THAT isn't enough then we know when the New Heaven and earth come that THE FORMER THINGS ARE passed away and there is no more death or mourning and we have no remembrance.  

Just saying... these things are written.  Hard to get past them

The second death is the one God spoke of in the garden of Eden,  the surely die  death. To be un-existed. 

Yes, AGREED to be 'un existed'.  

Christ alone has ascended to heaven. All who have died, await His 2nd coming to be resurrected from the sleep death, in the grave where there is no consciousness. 

How about you be the first and tell me how someone who never dies is found amongst 'the dead'?  

Christ is not the only one to have ascended to heaven.  THE GRAVES were opened and He lead the captivity...Just like He said would be fulfilled THAT DAY.  And every day and even more than that 

How do we err not knowing the Scriptures?  EVen Moses showed at the bush...God is the God of the living and not the dead

It is only THE DEAD who await His return to be raised out from the dead, the 'saved' are returning with Him

Edited by DeighAnn

Scripture to prove this please.