• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,328
  • Content Per Day:  7.11
  • Days Won:  99

23 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

The answer to my own question is a conundrum to me- I always find it very interesting to hear others reply,it's basically a simple question with a simple answer from one Born Again Christian to the other because " we" do Believe Jesus is Who He Says He is..... The Word is clear in Isaiah 9:6

But I do not hold fast to the notion that you must FIRST Understand that God the Father,God the Son & God the Holy Spirit are ONE or perhaps at all,I'm not sure because if one is Called out & comes to the foot of the cross BELIEVING that Jesus Has Died for them,asks Forgiveness & begins a Relationship with God in Christ Jesus then Holy Spirit Will impart that Knowledge & Understanding ..... Is it " poof" they instantaneously Have all Wisdom & Knowledge- not usually

Yes,BECAUSE Jesus is God He Has the Power to Forgive, because He Gives us His Holy Spirit ( again,God) we are made Alive & quickened into a new birth  of Spirit by Spirit but that is not contingent upon what we Believe but Who we Believe and we are Saved by God's Grace-then the process begins,we learn,we grow,we mature..... So if the one who knows nothing except his longing for the love of Christ & his sincere desire to repent & be Forgiven and he Believes that Jesus is the Way,the Truth & the Life suddenly dies at that moment of Faith-yet still not knowing Jesus is God the Son,he is not Saved? I find that hard to believe ....

Most answers seem to be trying to convince  me of the Triune GodHead but I already Believe it,I always have..... I don't think you have to know much of anything except Believe Jesus Can Save the wretched sinner and ask Him into your heart to do just that ....maybe I'm wrong?

With love in Christ,Kwik

My answer to the question you posed might be different than others for a reason that you've touched upon: our experience with the Lord. 

I was neither indoctrinated nor preached to all those years ago when Almighty God came and called me to Him. This is what I understood when He called to me:

He is God.

No doctrines accompanied this understanding; no perfect knowledge, only that I was terrified. My heart was like molten lead in my chest, and I began to weep for He revealed that I belong to Him and no other. 

"But I'm horrible!," I cried out to God who was with me, for everything that I had done was also laid bare. What did the Lord say to this?

Come to Me. You are the work of My hand, set aside for My purpose before you were born. There is nothing too great for Me.

You're familiar with my testimony, of course, but I'm offering a brief summary for the sake of those who don't already know. I trusted the Lord, and He sent me over 700 miles away to a man He approved of. I was baptized in water there, and that man He approved of --- my old friend Paul --- taught me about our Lord Jesus Christ and introduced me to the scriptures. I spent four years with Paul learning.

No, we don't have to know much at all. The Lord speaks and we hear His voice, and so we know that He is God. It's as simple as that, or at least it was for me. What follows afterward is the good pleasure of the Lord. 

Did I know that the Spirit of the Lord came, revealing Himself to me? No. I only knew that He is God, and that was sufficient. His plan and purpose unfolded starting on that day, and I write now with the benefit of many trials and no small measure of tribulation behind me. What I know now, I didn't know then. :)

We are the work of His hand!

• Praise God! 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  873
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  0

13 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Most answers seem to be trying to convince  me of the Triune GodHead but I already Believe it,I always have..... I don't think you have to know much of anything except Believe Jesus Can Save the wretched sinner and ask Him into your heart to do just that ....maybe I'm wrong?

Well, I don't see you as being wrong. Willing to learn, maybe. Having more to learn, perhaps. 

I personally do not hang believing the Trinity doctrine over somebody's head as a condition for becoming a Christian. However > Jesus says those brought by God to Him are taught by God >

"'No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day. It is written in the prophets, "And they shall all be taught by God." Therefore everyone who has heard and learned from the Father comes to Me.'" (John 6:44-45)

So, I consider this is about how God is able to make sure a person learns what God has for the person. And Jesus guarantees here that our Father will teach someone in such His way, that anyone who learns from our Father will come to Jesus.

It is good to know, how God will make sure with each child He adopts. 

Plus, of course, Jesus guarantees how His sheep hear His voice . . . right? So, I would say this means a sheep will hear whatever Jesus has to say about different things.

So, if someone refuses what you offer the person and is stubborn and unhearing and unsubject in spirit . . . Jesus is "gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls," He says in Matthew 11:28-30.

But there might be people who make an idol out of the Trinity doctrine, as some sort of blessed intellectual sacrament necessary for salvation.

And ones can say, oh, Paul says > 

"if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved." (in Romans 10:9)

But before Paul gets to saying this, in the tenth chapter of his message to the Romans, he has already written nine other chapters which are related to who Jesus is and what salvation includes.

And, by the way, we have chapter nine of Romans, about if and how much God is the One really in control. Are we trusting in God who is in control or some other who is not? This is something else which has a way of being an issue.

Which Jesus are people trusting in? The One who gives us "rest for our souls" (in Matthew 11:28-30)? The One whose peace "will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus" (in Philippians 4:6-7)? Or are ones depending on some god who "maybe" will "heal" your mind of anti-love and cruel things? It is very clear how God's peace will guard the hearts and the minds of His children . . . while we obey how Philippians 4:6-7 says to pray. I would say make sure you are feeding on this, while you might be talking about the Trinity and if we need to believe in the Trinity; make sure our attention is where it belongs.

And there are people in church culture who treat God like He is distant and impersonal and does not please to personally share with His own children. But Paul is clear about how personally our God shares with every one of us > 

"Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us." (Romans 5:5)

There are ones who can bring people to a "Jesus" who saves them but then does not deeply correct them to obey God in His peace. All they are told they need is to say a copy-cat prayer and they get Heaven no matter how they sin until they die.

But I now understand that Jesus expects a person to trust in Him, by submitting to Him in His "yoke" > 

"Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me," He says in Matthew 11:28-30.

A yoke gives you very personal connection, with you obeying whoever controls the yoke, I would say. If I trust Jesus, I trust being yoked together with Him.

"But he who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with Him." (1 Corinthians 6:17)

This is deeper than any intellectual explanation of things, personal with Jesus Himself. And in this connection He is able to teach us.

But, yet, there are ones who do not so share with God in His own love - - right while they can be even harsh to criticize people who don't believe in their version of the Trinity doctrine.

So, I take each person just as he or she is, and trust God to have me share with the person however He pleases. Or . . . I do what is stupid and self-seeking, as though I am superior to the person. I am still praying, myself, for God to have me become loving the way He really wants > maybe we could say, so I am living His love's meaning of the Trinity :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,147
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

3 minutes ago, com7fy8 said:

Well, I don't see you as being wrong. Willing to learn, maybe. Having more to learn, perhaps. 

I personally do not hang believing the Trinity doctrine over somebody's head as a condition for becoming a Christian. However > Jesus says those brought by God to Him are taught by God >

"'No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day. It is written in the prophets, "And they shall all be taught by God." Therefore everyone who has heard and learned from the Father comes to Me.'" (John 6:44-45)

So, I consider this is about how God is able to make sure a person learns what God has for the person. And Jesus guarantees here that our Father will teach someone in such His way, that anyone who learns from our Father will come to Jesus.

Plus, of course, Jesus guarantees how His sheep hear His voice . . . right? So, I would say this means a sheep will hear whatever Jesus has to say about different things.

So, if someone refuses what you offer the person and is stubborn and unhearing and unsubject in spirit . . . Jesus is "gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls," He says in Matthew 11:28-30.

But there might be people who make an idol out of the Trinity doctrine, as some sort of blessed intellectual sacrament necessary for salvation.

"if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved." (in Romans 10:9)

But before Paul gets to saying this, in the tenth chapter of his message to the Romans, he has already written nine other chapters which are related to who Jesus is and what salvation includes.

And, by the way, we have chapter nine of Romans, about if and how much God is the One really in control. Are we trusting in God who is in control or some other who is not? This is something else which has a way of being an issue.

Which Jesus are people trusting in? The One who gives us "rest for our souls" (in Matthew 11:28-30)? The One whose peace "will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus" (in Philippians 4:6-7)? Or are ones depending on some god who "maybe" will "heal" your mind of anti-love and cruel things? It is very clear how God's peace will guard the hearts and the minds of His children . . . while we obey how Philippians 4:6-7 says to pray. I would say make sure you are feeding on this, while you might be talking about the Trinity and if we need to believe in the Trinity; make sure our attention is where it belongs.

And there are people in church culture who treat God like He is distant and impersonal and does not please to personally share with His own children. But Paul is clear about how personally our God shares with every one of us > 

"Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us." (Romans 5:5)

There are ones who can bring people to a "Jesus" who saves them but then does not deeply correct them to obey God in His peace. All they are told they need is to say a copy-cat prayer and they get Heaven no matter how they sin until they die.

But I now understand that Jesus expects a person to trust in Him, by submitting to Him in His "yoke" > 

A yoke gives you very personal connection, with you obeying whoever controls the yoke, I would say. If I trust Jesus, I trust being yoked together with Him.

This is deeper than any intellectual explanation of things, personal with Jesus Himself. And in this connection He is able to teach us.

But, yet, there are ones who do not so share with God in His own love - - right while they can be even harsh to criticize people who don't believe in their version of the Trinity doctrine.

So, I take each person just as he or she is, and trust God to have me share with the person however He pleases. Or . . . I do what is stupid and self-seeking, as though I am superior to the person. I am still praying, myself, for God to have me become loving the way He really wants > maybe we could say, so I am living His love's meaning of the Trinity :)

Oh good- so relieved you think I have more to learn & am willing.    

Actually,I'm being sarcastic because I'm not asking for any lessons,just opinions regarding those who I'm really unsure of whether or not they've been birthed unto Spirit....I know atheists that appear to bear good fruit

I am not 100percent about many things,not leaning on MY understanding but always open to Revelation.... It's highly likely it isn't even for me to know but I do trust that God Chooses Whom He Chooses & places us in Christs Hand- I really don't think much " knowledge" comes into play- Faith does& that's Trusting God's Grace by Christs Finished Work on that cross.......

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  391
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Birthday:  08/03/1958

7 minutes ago, com7fy8 said:

John 14:26

New International Version

26 But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

you have 3 distinct individuals here,

1.the Advocate, the Holy Spirit

2. The Father 

3. Jesus

all 3 carrying out specific duties.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

7 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Oh good- so relieved you think I have more to learn & am willing.    

Actually,I'm being sarcastic because I'm not asking for any lessons,just opinions regarding those who I'm really unsure of whether or not they've been birthed unto Spirit....I know atheists that appear to bear good fruit

I am not 100percent about many things,not leaning on MY understanding but always open to Revelation.... It's highly likely it isn't even for me to know but I do trust that God Chooses Whom He Chooses & places us in Christs Hand- I really don't think much " knowledge" comes into play- Faith does& that's Trusting God's Grace by Christs Finished Work on that cross.......

Don't let 'em take you off your square kwikphilly.  It's how they operate.  Like someone mentioned earlier,  they not in search of truth,  rather whom they may devour. "We wrestle NOT against flesh and blood.." pray forever this dude and send God's enemies running.

• Praying! 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,126
  • Content Per Day:  9.67
  • Days Won:  149

15 hours ago, Dan Knight said:

What was the first sin?

The very first recorded sin that we know of was the sin of Satan and the angels who rebelled.

15 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Was there ever a "free lunch."  :-)

Genesis 2:15 And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.

6268 עָבַד (ʿā·ḇǎḏ): v.; ≡ Str 5647; TWOT 1553—1. LN 42.7–42.28 (qal) work, labor, do, i.e., expend considerable energy and intensity in a task or function (Ge 2:5; Ex 5:18), note: this is highly generic term for almost any activity; (pual) be worked (Dt 21:3+); (hif) work (Ex 1:13; 2Ch 2:17[EB 18]; Eze 29:18+); 2. LN 35.19–35.30 (qal) serve, be a slave, be indentured, i.e., give considerable energy and intensity to give aid to another, often in a social arrangement of having lower status than free (Lev 25:46; 2Sa 16:19); (pual) be made a slave or indentured servant (Isa 14:3+); (hif) reduce to servitude, enslave (Ex 6:5; Jer 17:4+), note: for a focus on possession and low status, see also domain LN 87.76–87.86; 3. LN 53.53–53.64 (qal) worship, serve, minister, work in ministry, i.e., give energy and devotion to God or a god, including ceremonies (Ex 23:24, 25); (hof) be made to serve (Ex 20:5+); 4. LN 22.21–22.28 (hif) burden, i.e., cause an unfavorable circumstance or hardship to another (Isa 43:23, 24+); 5. LN 43 (qal) cultivate, plow, i.e., work soil (with or without an animal) as part of the agricultural process (Ge 4:2; Isa 30:24); (nif) plowed, be cultivated (Dt 21:4; Ecc 5:8[EB 9]; Eze 36:9, 34+), note: for MT text in Ge 47:21; Isa 23:10; Jer 15:14, see 6296; note: further study may yield more domains; 6. LN 43 unit: אִישׁ עָבַד אֲדָמָה (ʾîš ʿā·ḇǎḏ ʾǎḏā·mā(h))1 farmer, formally, man working soil (Zec 13:5+)

James Swanson, Dictionary of Biblical Languages with Semantic Domains : Hebrew (Old Testament) (Oak Harbor: Logos Research Systems, Inc., 1997).

I believe work in the garden was not toilsome as compared to work outside the garden. Bodies didn't grow tired and plants produced well. 

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Starise said:

The very first recorded sin that we know of was the sin of Satan and the angels who rebelled.

Let me rephrase that, ...committed by a human being..

6 minutes ago, Dan Knight said:

Let me rephrase that, ...committed by a human being..

The first sin was committed before Eve took the first bite of the forbidden tree. The sin was committed in her heart before she ever acted. 

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Starise said:

The first sin was committed before Eve took the first bite of the forbidden tree. The sin was committed in her heart before she ever acted. 

...yes..I'm listening..

• Thumbs Up 1