• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,148
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

4 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

I am just curious if it matters?

Yahweh told us not to worship him in the manor that the pagans do their gods.   If what we do celebrating Christmas is doing that, and it seems it may well be, it matters.

Knowing the actual date....   not so much that I can see; scripture doesn't make it important or we would know.   It is a good study though for one needs to know and understand history.   That's almost never a bad thing.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,499
  • Content Per Day:  1.49
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

I am just curious if it matters?

It matters to end controversies., not start them.

The priestly courses do not fill out a 12 month year, they fall short. When a 13th month was added to reconcile the calendar to the seasons, it fell even shorter. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  181
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

Today is October the 12th.

In a previous post I used the Jerusalem number (864) to show the time difference between the established date of December 25, 1 BC for the birth of Christ and the date of His ascension May 18 30 AD.

But if we look at the latitude that relates to the square root of 864 we find a pyramid in Egypt. This pyramid is destroyed, it collapsed just like Jerusalem was destroyed by the Romans. A Pic here:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/ad/Meidoum03.jpg

This leads us to investigate the name "Jesus" which has a Greek isopsephy value of 888. The square root of 888 leads us in-between two pyramids which were erected by the same king. Let's thus use this methodology taking the square root of 888 and multiplying it by a year of 365.25 days (Julian calendar). The outcome is thus 10,884 days. 

Therefore if we compute the total number of days from December 25, 1 BC to October 12, 30 AD we will see it is 10,884 days. The time difference is 10,883 days. 

We currently use the Gregorian calendar. Therefore Julian October 12 is equivalent to Gregorian October 25. 

On October 25 the Sun rises in the middle direction between that of Fall equinox and Winter Solstice. This direction is depicted perfectly by the causeway of the central pyramid of Giza that of Khafre. A Picture at https://www.crystalinks.com/pyrkhafre.html here:

https://www.crystalinks.com/khafrecaseway.jpg

The calculations photo is here:

https://i.postimg.cc/RVsW2sKK/Birth-to-Khafre.jpg

In the above picture we see an isopsephy relation. In Greek the phrase for "twelfth day" as "DODEKATE EMERA" is equal to that of "solar eclipse" as "EKLEIPSE ELIOY":

ΔΩΔΕΚΑΤΗ ΗΜΕΡΑ = (4+800+4+5+20+1+300+8) + (8+40+5+100+1) = 1296

ΕΚΛΕΙΨΗ ΗΛΙΟΥ = (5+20+30+5+10+700+8) +(8+30+10+70+400) = 1296

But on October 25 of this year, in 13 days there will be a partial solar eclipse that will be visible from Palestine, Egypt and Greece.

https://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/5MCSEmap/2001-2100/2022-10-25.gif

Edited by Spiros

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,119
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

On 10/10/2022 at 3:35 PM, Anne2 said:

How do you know the dates of the courses. The courses did not agree with the weeks of the year.

On 10/10/2022 at 6:41 PM, Anne2 said:

The courses continued each week feast or not. In other words when ones course fell during the feasts they still served. No courses were skipped or repeated because of it. 

On 10/10/2022 at 6:41 PM, Anne2 said:

The courses continued each week feast or not. In other words when ones course fell during the feasts they still served. No courses were skipped or repeated because of it.

I did not know it was ALSO, in Josephus. But it is in the Gospel

Lu 1:5   There was in the days of Herod, the king of Judaea, a certain priest named Zacharias, of the course of Abia: and his wife was of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elisabeth.

What reference would you like me to look at? Thanks, for putting up with me lol

There is one other source that ties it all together, Sefer 'Olam Rabbah 30:86-97:

"When the temple was destroyed the first time [588 B.C.], that day was immediately after the Sabbath, it was immediately after the Sabbatical year, it was [during the service of] the priestly division of Jehoiarib, and it was the ninth day of Ab; and so the second time [the temple was destroyed]."

The priestly division of Jehoiarib was the first course. 1 Chr. 24:7 The ninth day of Ab (fifth month) in 70 AD,  the year the Second Temple was destroyed, fell on Sunday, August 5. Therefore, the course of Jehoiarib began on Saturday, August 4. If the Temple hadn't been destroyed, the course of Abijah, the eighth course, (1 Chr. 24:10), would have begun seven weeks later, therefore on Sept. 22, 70.

The full cycle of 24 courses lasted 7 days x 24 = 168 days. Precisely 168 cycles of 168 days each before Sept. 22, 70 AD was the evening of June 14, 8 BC, when Zacharias's course of Abijah commenced. It ended on June 21, three days before the Summer solstice.

Jesus was born on the Autumn equinox, Sept. 25, 7 BC. Mary's conception of Him took place about or exactly 6 months after Elizabeth's conception of John. Lk. 1:26 Therefore, Jesus was born about or exactly 6 + 9 = 15 months after John was conceived, meaning that John was conceived near the Summer solstice of 8 B.C. Which date agrees with the above chronology of Sefer 'Olam Rabbah.

Thanks for the excuse to trot out something from an old book of chronology I wrote.

17 minutes ago, WilliamL said:

There is one other source that ties it all together, Sefer 'Olam Rabbah 30:86-97:

"When the temple was destroyed the first time [588 B.C.], that day was immediately after the Sabbath, it was immediately after the Sabbatical year, it was [during the service of] the priestly division of Jehoiarib, and it was the ninth day of Ab; and so the second time [the temple was destroyed]."

The priestly division of Jehoiarib was the first course. 1 Chr. 24:7 The ninth day of Ab (fifth month) in 70 AD,  the year the Second Temple was destroyed, fell on Sunday, August 5. Therefore, the course of Jehoiarib began on Saturday, August 4. If the Temple hadn't been destroyed, the course of Abijah, the eighth course, (1 Chr. 24:10), would have begun seven weeks later, therefore on Sept. 22, 70.

The full cycle of 24 courses lasted 7 days x 24 = 168 days. Precisely 168 cycles of 168 days each before Sept. 22, 70 AD was the evening of June 14, 8 BC, when Zacharias's course of Abijah commenced. It ended on June 21, three days before the Summer solstice.

Jesus was born on the Autumn equinox, Sept. 25, 7 BC. Mary's conception of Him took place about or exactly 6 months after Elizabeth's conception of John. Lk. 1:26 Therefore, Jesus was born about or exactly 6 + 9 = 15 months after John was conceived, meaning that John was conceived near the Summer solstice of 8 B.C. Which date agrees with the above chronology of Sefer 'Olam Rabbah.

Thanks for the excuse to trot out something from an old book of chronology I wrote.

Every two or three years an extra month was added as well. We don't know when the courses were serving in the time of Christ. We do have traditions. 

6 minutes ago, Anne2 said:

Every two or three years an extra month was added as well. We don't know when the courses were serving in the time of Christ. We do have traditions. 

The courses being served up until the Temple was destroyed would have been accurately descended from the same courses as in the time of Christ. One can count on the reliability of Jewish ritualism for that.

So it comes down to whether or not you believe the reliability of the Seder 'Olam record. Which in this case I do.

22 minutes ago, Anne2 said:

you are not calculating his birth, but the temple destruction. What years were leap years between his birth and the destruction? You don't know, I don't know. Then each course served two times in the year on top of that. I am good with keeping tradition as the early churches (including Jewish ones) kept. It is simply for making controversy as far as I see it.

Edited by Anne2

10 minutes ago, Anne2 said:

What years were leap years between his birth and the destruction? You don't know, I don't know.

Utterly irrelevant to the courses, which took place on a 168-day schedule no matter how many lunar months there were in the year.

30 minutes ago, WilliamL said:

Utterly irrelevant to the courses, which took place on a 168-day schedule no matter how many lunar months there were in the year.

Exactly. You don't know what time of the year (month) Abia served, nor any one else concerning Christs birth. 

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,039
  • Content Per Day:  1.62

It doesn't matter.  We may never know the exact day this side of heaven.  That's OK. It's really NOT important.  What's truly important is what's in your heart.  God judges our hearts. If your motives and intents are pure, then I'm sure it really doesn't matter. To debate it only causes sinful arguments and stumbling blocks.  Let's avoid that and celebrate Jesus the King.