creativemechanic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

These columns are a gold mine of life lessons. What lesson can we learn from this one.

dog to vomit.jpg

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  1

In todays world, it seems best that people are better off not getting married being that over 60% of marriages will end in divorce. If you married today there is a good chance you will be divorced in a few years.  It seems people treat marriage like a pair shoes, once they get old time to get another pair.  Either way, God hates divorce because of what it does to families and children.  

Edited by Jedi4Yahweh

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Marry a spouse that has his/her priorities straight.  

1 God first in their lives.  Our lives should revolve around God.  That means a person should become a Christian who has a relationship with the risen Christ and should marry a person who is also this and who encourages each other in their relationship with God.  Pray together and read the Bible together, discussing how it applies to their own lives.

2 spouse/marriage is second and then children (unless children are being abused or badly neglected).  Physical, emotional and spiritual needs all should be met to have a healthy family.  It takes effort to be a good husband or helpmeet, and parent.  It means doing the things the Bible instructs concerning husbands, wives and parents.

3 work.  In some areas both parents are required to work to find a place to live that the halls don't stink of urine, or that is safe.  This is difficult.

I don't believe that over 60% of these marriages will end in divorce. God is faithful to help us.  Yet some will fail unless we learn to love as God does and forgive as He forgives.  It means giving 95% of the the time and expecting very little in return from out spouse.  Our help comes from God Who made heaven and earth--not out spouse.  God is our Source.  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

Abuse is a cycle and often the flip side of the coin of passion. When it is good, it is very good. When it is bad, it can be really bad. Twice I have seen where the women had to have broken bones before she would get out of the abuse cycle. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  302
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

It's like a Jerry Springer show.  You know, the man beats his partner but she still loves him.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

13 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

These columns are a gold mine of life lessons. What lesson can we learn from this one.

dog to vomit.jpg

She is an abused women who can not leave her partner. There are many out there and reasons she can not leave him. She may end up in the hospital or dead eventually. She has a problem. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

I found this one.  It's from 1989.  You have to get a magnifying glass to see the date, but it is there.

What do I think?  What is the lesson to be learned?

I agree with missmuffet.  This is a woman who has been married multiple times to an abusive man, who is an alcoholic and a womanizer.

She will be dead soon either from his violence or from a sexually transmitted disease.  She does have a problem.  She touts his love-making.  She is heavily confusing sex with love.  

When he has her, he doesn't want her.  When he doesn't have her, he wants her.  He is a sick man.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

3 hours ago, Jayne said:

I found this one.  It's from 1989.  You have to get a magnifying glass to see the date, but it is there.

What do I think?  What is the lesson to be learned?

I agree with missmuffet.  This is a woman who has been married multiple times to an abusive man, who is an alcoholic and a womanizer.

She will be dead soon either from his violence or from a sexually transmitted disease.  She does have a problem.  She touts his love-making.  She is heavily confusing sex with love.  

When he has her, he doesn't want her.  When he doesn't have her, he wants her.  He is a sick man.

Proverb 26:11

As a dog returns to his own vomit, So a fool repeats his folly.

This is an important verse because some people  can go back to bad situations over and over after the horribleness of it caused them to leave. If nothing about a situation changes, theres no sense in returning.

I made this mistake alot with toxic friendships- cut off a person due to how they treated me. It would last a few months, wed  communicate at some point later and theyd seem friendly and id reconnect, only for them to repeat the same behavior that made me cut it off.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

Do you think this topic is worth a new thread dealing with abusive relationships/marriages?