IGNORED

Assurance of Salvation? A Study for my friend.

Omegaman 3.0

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,138
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Just now, Mr. M said:

That's so funny. I have quoted responses, then added some scriptures (whichO they neglected to provide, making up for the lack), and they responded, "what's your point, I don't see a contradiction! Lol, like I was trying to prove them wrong, when all I did was prove them right. What should anyone do with an opinion? Back it up with two or three witnesses, please.

Oh really,what's your point! Lol

On a serious note,yes indeed " Amen" to that!

I haven't read your response,again that was ADDING to the conversation- I saw that you posted Scripture from Samuel( I happen to love love love Samuel Books & Kings,practically know them by heart- big David fan!)which in fact expounds on the Lord's " Chastening"- well done btw!Amen!

Yes,this is the UNITY of the Faith- Praise the Lord! And oh how He Inhabits our Praises❤️ Isn't that Awesome?

Funny thing is when I'm on my phone( like today) I'm so thrilled when anyone posts Scripture after what I've said without quoting Scripture because I can't copy/ paste on this dumb phone- I'm Grateful,it's Confirmation

Or,I dunno,let's say the same thing differently and argue about it? Uhhhhhh

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,138
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

I really miss Mega- I came on here today to read his words and to remember my Friend,my Brother in Christ

Anyway,I wish he were here-I even miss his super duper long winded posts,lol.  He'd be laughing right now as he knew I normally scroll past the really long ones- not his though😢

• 3 months later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  340
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  16,834
  • Content Per Day:  4.72
  • Days Won:  81
  • Birthday:  04/02/2000

On 2/6/2023 at 10:43 AM, kwikphilly said:

I really miss Mega- I came on here today to read his words and to remember my Friend,my Brother in Christ

Anyway,I wish he were here-I even miss his super duper long winded posts,lol.  He'd be laughing right now as he knew I normally scroll past the really long ones- not his though😢

It was a great study by @Omegaman 3.0. He, unfortunately for us (but fortunately for him) passed away shy of 3 months after posting.

Edited by KPaulG
  • Praise God! 1

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  145
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  0

It is possible the person is not born again.

And, it's entirely possible the person DID get born again, but as Jesus taught in Mark 4:13-20 they allowed persecution, affliction, cares of this world, lusts for other things or deceiptfullness of riches ENTER IN and choke God's Word out of their lives.

Jesus teaches us in John 15:1,2 that those that do not abide in Him and do not bare fruit are cut off. Romans 11:22 is a similar warning.

Bottom line is the Christian should recognize being a believer is like a marriage relationship between us and the Lord.

If you turn away from your wife and go committed adultery, she has every right to divorce you.  Of course the Lord gives us opportunity to repent and come back to Him, but we also run the very real risk of being turned over to a reprobate mind as we see in Romans 1:28-32

Paul addressed the Corinthian congregation as being "carnal" in his first epistle.  Yet, throughout that epistle, Paul repeatedly affirmed their eternal security.

But, based on numerous warnings in the NT... if they continue being carnal without repenting and going back to walking after the Spirit... they would not be going to Heaven.

The Lord says thru Paul...

Romans 8:6  - For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

”Death” in this context is being separated from the Lord just like the Lord told Adam and Eve in the garden that if they eat of that tree they shall die.  They lived physically for 900+ years so we know the Lord is not referring to dying a physical death...

We see in Galatians 6:7,8  that is we sow to the flesh (sin, aka not being led by the Spirit) we shall reap corruption which again is is being separated from the Lord 

Romans 8:13, 14For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

This is why the Lord says in 1 John 1:9 that if we confess our sins He is faithful and just to forgive us and to cleanse us.

He would not need to say this if we were not capable of turning away from the Lord and disqualifying ourselves where our salvation could never be lost.  We also see the Lord saying that we must forsake our sin on order to have mercy:

Proverbs 28:13 - He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.
Edited by B Judson