• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  1

Love a Buddhist, what can I do?

My boyfriend is a Buddhist, I always very worry about it but I do not know how to deal with it, we are really love each other----------from the first sight

He is a very handsome man with the virtuous personality ,I love him from the flesh to the spirit, and we sharing a lot of things, the same hobby, the same fashion and decoration style, and a lot of life opinion is very similar, expect the region!

He does not very mind about this subject because the credo of the Buddhism, but I can not ,and in the recent stage I always avoid to debate with him on this problem because I only have 2 years history to be the believer and his history to be the Buddhist is more than a decade, so when I have not very stable basin of my belief I try best not to be impacted on his Buddhist opinion.

On the the hand ,of course I want to change him, I even decide we can not be the couple if one of us is not G-D

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,800
  • Content Per Day:  6.17
  • Days Won:  58

Oh Silvia. What a hard situation. The bible tells us clearly we are not to marry someone who is not a Christian. As much as you love this man, he is a buddhist and you are not to marry him. The best way to change him is to pray for his salvation. Are there Christians you can talk to, who can help you witness to him? Otherwise, do not study buddhism. Instead show him where you have met Jesus, how you came to faith. Show him the love of God.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

What Ayin Jade said. Exactly!

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.01
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Oh Silvia. What a hard situation. The bible tells us clearly we are not to marry someone who is not a Christian. As much as you love this man, he is a buddhist and you are not to marry him. The best way to change him is to pray for his salvation. Are there Christians you can talk to, who can help you witness to him? Otherwise, do not study buddhism. Instead show him where you have met Jesus, how you came to faith. Show him the love of God.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes what my sister Jade said too. If you ar a born again believer you need to be praying for him to come to the Lord. You may have a lot in common and I'm sure he is a fine, wonderful man, however your faith will be the common ground that holds you together. I will be praying for him to come to Jesus and for you as you wittness to him.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  121
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/16/1976

The choice is between your Savior or your earthly love.

This man did not die for you, cannot save you, & cannot love you more than Jesus.

Would you really choose your boyfriend over Jesus?

This man does not have the mind of Christ and CANNOT offer you the type of love Christ offered you.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.26
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

What's wrong with Buddhism?

Buddhists die in their sin. Eternally seperated from God.

The Truth of the matter is this;

Ac

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  67
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

The choice is between your Savior or your earthly love.

This man did not die for you, cannot save you, & cannot love you more than Jesus.

Would you really choose your boyfriend over Jesus?

This man does not have the mind of Christ and CANNOT offer you the type of love Christ offered you.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This may sound harsh, but... it is the truth. You may live harmoniously, NOW, but are you thinking about marriage, children...? Have you experienced a crisis or a loss, together. I don't care if he's been Buddhist his whole life and you were saved, yesterday. (deep breath)

My husband and I just celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary. Last Sunday my husband surprised me after the church service, by marrying me, again. Our family and friends blessed us with an awesome renewal ceremony and reception. Our church family have waited in hospital waiting rooms with us, hugged us when we lost parents, were there with groceries, when we lost jobs and celebrated with us when we got job promotions. AND, we can stand, together and praise our Lord, when a brother or sister is called home to be with Him and a new saint is baptized.

Our pastor gave us a wonderful gift by making a transcript of our renewal ceremony. Let me share one of the prayers with you.

Our God, Creator and Sustainer of all life, we are grateful that you make all things new. We recognize that you give rebirth to our spirits to fashion us for eternal life, that some day You will renew the heavens and the earth, that you transform and renew our minds, and that you renew our strength to enable us to make fresh steps of faith and commitment. We praise you for refreshing renewal! We pray that You will bless this unique time of renewal as we joyfully remember the past, optimistically look to the future, and humbly experience your presence now in this ceremony of renewal. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Satan wants you to think everything is okay, harmonious, but God has given you a freewill. You are in my prayers.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  665
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  10/10/1978

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes what my sister Jade said too. If you ar a born again believer you need to be praying for him to come to the Lord. You may have a lot in common and I'm sure he is a fine, wonderful man, however your faith will be the common ground that holds you together. I will be praying for him to come to Jesus and for you as you wittness to him.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

AMEN I AGREE !!! :emot-prettywink:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  1

Thanks for all of your advices,

But from not only the website but also the real life, I think the person live in different condition can not entirely understand each other, the world is not only the pure Christianism

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,800
  • Content Per Day:  6.17
  • Days Won:  58

It is one thing to love him and not want to see him die in his sins. It is another thing entirely to say I will love him and marry him because we have so much in common except for religion. The love your pastor speaks of is not the love between man and woman.

If there is no Christian man for you, then maybe it is Gods will for you not to marry. You can trust that the Lord will provide you with a husband if that is His will. In the meantime, your bf is following a religion/ philosophy that seeks to put man first, not God. He follows something where he thinks salvation comes from within, not from Jesus. This is too big a difference and can lead you astray. The bible is clear that you should not marry someone outside Christianity. Im sorry if this is harsh. It is the truth. Seek Gods will first, not the desires of the flesh.