IGNORED

Catholics Vs. Protestants (I don't get it)

Not of the World

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

7 minutes ago, Anne2 said:

In speaking of protestants, Calvin would be an example.

From Got questions.

"In 1553 came a confrontation with a heretic named Michael Servetus, who was eventually executed in Geneva for his heresy; this incident has been a source of controversy ever since.

Michael Servetus was a Spanish physician and theologian who rejected orthodox Trinitarian doctrine."

Also protestants, having temporal rulers to support their power to kill others, just as Rome did.

There are those which agree with Calvins  doctrine completely, or partly. There are those which do not want to call themselves a Calvinist because they do not want to be associated with the character of the man. I feel the same way sometimes. Protestantism has simply come to the point that any disagreement what so ever, or even some new doctrine becomes fashionable they claim a new sectarian identity, all else are guilty of the past. Which causes often times the phenomenon

To sum it up, and said another way: There's enough blame to spread all around. :D

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,499
  • Content Per Day:  1.49
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

To sum it up, and said another way: There's enough blame to spread all around. :D

Exactly LOL.

I remember once asking a Roman Catholic priest abot the Mary stuff and icons. I asked what about my conscience not allowing that? He said to me, we inform the conscience. Ah, what disappointment I had. 

So, when it comes to "ECUMENISM" all coinsels after the split has no authority. Ah Dennis I am hopeful. Disunity weakens the Glory of God in Christ Jesus IMO. It is what my hope is today. Do I stumble with my flesh? You bet I do but i do try.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,854
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, OneLight said:

Is that your way of agreeing they are false believers or would you say they are believers in Jesus while not following His commandments??

I think you just solved the puzzle...

Trying to identify them, those people were in the New Covenant...They were people of faith...they had a good understanding of spiritual matters..They helped the people even the people of Jesus Christ and not only them because Jesus is a healer and many looked up to him as a healer and Jesus healed them...he did not choose whom to heal and whom not to heal when they came to him..

But when Jesus went looking for someone to heal, he did it for a special purpose. 

Edited by Your closest friendnt

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

9 hours ago, JohnR7 said:

Billy Graham was Anglican (Episcopal), not Catholic or Protestant. So he believed in the universal (catholic) church. 

I am not sure where you got your information that Billy Graham was Anglican--I don't find anywhere that he was anything but a Baptist/Protestant pastor and evangelist.  

William Franklin Graham Jr. (November 7, 1918 – February 21, 2018) was an American evangelist and an ordained Southern Baptist minister who became well known internationally in the late 1940s. He was a prominent evangelical Christian figure, and according to a biographer, was "among the most influential Christian leaders" of the 20th century.[2]

I also believe that there are Christians in most denominations (possibly excluding cults).  This is known as the "invisible" universal church of true believers.  A Christian is a person in whom Christ lives by His Spirit.  

Jesus also said that "no man comes to the Father but by Me".  No one goes to heaven by being a good person except for Jesus Himself  Who had to be perfect to go to heaven by His works.  The rest of us get there by God's grace, receiving that the blood of Christ was payment for our sins, the gift of faith, and being born of the Holy Spirit.  It is His presence within us that makes us acceptable to the Father, not ourselves.  It is this Treasure, the Holy Spirit, in earthen vessels.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

8 hours ago, Not of the World said:

Well, in getting back to the topic, does anyone here believe that Catholics are automatically condemended to Hell and are there any Catholics here that believe that non-Catholics are automatically condemned to Hell?  

No one is automatically condemned for anything. Every name is written in the Lamb's books of life. Their name has to be blotted out. 

Revelation 3:5 says, “The one who conquers will be clothed thus in white garments, and I will never blot his name out of the book of life.

John 3:15 makes it abundantly clear: "that whoever believes will in Him have eternal life". So to answer your question, it is not belief in the Catholic Church that saves people. It is faith in Christ Jesus. 

Revelation 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Catholics may have Holy Water, but that is not the water that saves us. They do not even believe that their Holy Water is able to save people. 

Whosoever means everyone. Let them come and be saved. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,854
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, OneLight said:

Is that your way of agreeing they are false believers or would you say they are believers in Jesus while not following His commandments??

3 hours ago, OneLight said:

Matthew 7:21-23

“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.  Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’  And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’"

This Jesus said when he was teaching the people. What does Jesus wanted to caution the people about...

Jesus begins to say that many are listening to what I say and infront of everyone they say 'Lord, Lord' (it's like they hear and they promise to follow and do what the Lord was telling them..

Jesus was telling them that some are hearers but are not doers...

And Jesus is warning them that the hearers will not render the kingdom of Heaven...suggesting that the doers will, because they do the will of my Father...Hear Jesus is telling them to do are in the will of his Father. 

Emphasis is to do the things in the will of my Father in Heaven.

This is the about the first group...they did not do the things within the will of my Father in Heaven...

With the things Jesus is saying he is established himsel as the Son of God..the Messiah...saying that His Father in Heaven is his Father he did not include anyone else...

And Jesus continues to establish himself as the one who is given from the Father the Judgement, this is to Judge the works of the people.

Like He was telling the people that on that day you will stand before me as for the Judgment of your works and he continues to say that some will suffer loss...of having their works recognized by Jesus because they were practicing unrighteous. 

Jesus here identifies himself with what was written in the Psalms, "you loved righteousness and you hated unrighteousness".

Jesus shows that he disassociate himself from his children who did all those wonderful things and other people were benefit in his name...so the people who were helped gave glory to the Lord...

Those people in that matter they were ok... but because they practice unrighteousness Jesus did not give them the rewards they expect...and he tried to teach the people how important is to practice righteousness in this Life...

Jesus acknowledged the good they did and the fact that they let people know it is about Jesus but because they practice unrighteousness Jesus refused to give them a place next to him and he rewarded them a place far far from him...

If that happened while they lived Jesus will give them another chance to repent and stopped practicing unrighteousness so Jesus can honor them a place close to himself..

Entering the Kingdom of Heaven is not what happens to someone after he dies and they were not qualified to enter the Kingdom of Heaven because of their works...no this matter has to be decided by the blood of the Lamb of God and not of works of righteousness...who the believer can enter in the favor of the Lord and our Savior Jesus Christ.  

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  873
  • Content Per Day:  0.46

9 hours ago, Not of the World said:

Well, in getting back to the topic, does anyone here believe that Catholics are automatically condemended to Hell and are there any Catholics here that believe that non-Catholics are automatically condemned to Hell?  

No.

There are Catholics who are not with the real Jesus, but God will draw them and spiritually convert them.

And I think it is evident how a number of Protestanta are not submitting to Jesus in His yoke with "rest for your souls" (in Matthew 11:28-30). But God is able to draw unsaved Protestants to Jesus.

But ones are isolating themselves with their own ideas and ways. God is theoretical, to them.

"But he who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with Him " (1 Corinthians 6:17)

"Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us." (Romans 5:5)

So God is not distant and impersonal with His children.

Edited by com7fy8

14 hours ago, Not of the World said:

I was raised a Catholic but decided to become non-demoniational about 6 years ago (I'm 56) as I gleaned that the RCC is not, in spite of their claims, the true church of Christ here on Earth.  With that said, it is my experience and my belief that there are MANY Godly Catholics and I believe that they are saved.  

I am 73 and a former Roman Catholic with 12 years of parochial school teaching as a foundation.  I haven't been a Roman Catholic for about 53 years.  I believe some Catholics are saved when they deviate from the authorized Papal teachings.

The main tenants of Catholicisim and Protestantism are the same, right?  Jesus is God, he came to Earth and sacrified himself for our sins, whoever believes in him and who lives a life that is pleasing to him will receive eternal life, right?  

Some would have you believe that.  Most born again Christians believe we are saved by grace apart from works while most Roman Catholics believe you are saved by grace with works a requirement.

On some social media sites I see Catholics that believe that the only path to salvation is through the RCC and, conversely, I see Protestants that claim that all Catholics are going to Hell.  

I think both views are extreme and erroneous.  What are your thoughts?

The Bible is pretty clear on the subject.

3 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

But when Jesus went looking for someone to heal, he did it for a special purpose. 

He went looking for the faith to heal. It did not have to be the person. It could be an employer, parent, friend. But someone had to have the faith to believe. 

6 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

saved by grace with works a requirement.

Works do not save us. Works are evidence that we are saved. You have to produce fruit. You can not get the cart in front of the horse. We have to have love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control.