• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

5 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

The pronouns he, she, him, and her are an offensive identifying by gender. The correct words are now they and them. The Washington Redskins are an offensive, the correct word now is Washington. See where I'm going? 

Let's leave the derogatory words in the past. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,878
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

19 minutes ago, OneLight said:

This is one of the oldest arguments, isn't it.  What do you do with the millions of people who died before Christ ever came to be our sacrifice, or never heard of Jesus after He was sacrificed for our sins?  Are they all automatically destined for the lake of fire and brimstone, or will Jesus judge them righteously at His judgment?

Jesus already has settled this matter and Peter has preached about it...

Jesus foretold about it before it has happened and it happened 2000 years ago. 

The time is coming and it is at hand that the dead will hear the voice of the Son of Man and those who hear they will raised to Life...

John 5:25 
New Living Translation
“And I assure you that the time is coming, indeed it’s here now, when the dead will hear my voice—the voice of the Son of God. And those who listen will live.

Edited by Your closest friendnt

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

21 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Jesus already has settled this matter and Peter has preached about it...

Jesus foretold about it before it has happened and it happened 2000 years ago. 

The time is coming and it is at hand that the dead will hear the voice of the Son of Man and those who hear they will raised to Life...

John 5:25 
New Living Translation
“And I assure you that the time is coming, indeed it’s here now, when the dead will hear my voice—the voice of the Son of God. And those who listen will live.

I don't not see "the dead" as someone who has died and has been buried, but those who are dead in their sins, meaning those still alive (physically) but have not yet accepted life through Christ.  Let's read all of what Christ said in John 5:24-30

Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.  Most assuredly, I say to you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God; and those who hear will live.  For as the Father has life in Himself, so He has granted the Son to have life in Himself, and has given Him authority to execute judgment also, because He is the Son of Man.  Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice and come forth—those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation.  I can of Myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is righteous, because I do not seek My own will but the will of the Father who sent Me."

Your partial quote cannot mean that the time that those who are dead and in the grave will hear Jesus as Jesus then went on to say that "the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice and come forth—those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation."

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,878
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, OneLight said:

I don't not see "the dead" as someone who has died and has been buried, but those who are dead in their sins, meaning those still alive (physically) but have not yet accepted life through Christ.  Let's read all of what Christ said in John 5:24-30

Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.  Most assuredly, I say to you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God; and those who hear will live.  For as the Father has life in Himself, so He has granted the Son to have life in Himself, and has given Him authority to execute judgment also, because He is the Son of Man.  Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice and come forth—those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation.  I can of Myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is righteous, because I do not seek My own will but the will of the Father who sent Me."

Your partial quote cannot mean that the time that those who are dead and in the grave will hear Jesus as Jesus then went on to say that "the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice and come forth—those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation."

Do you understand what happened to Jesus at the time he died and for those three days till the time of his raising from the dead?  

Let's start with that...and you will see it for your self...

PS the dead are the forefathers, for sure Jesus died for them also. So they can also have their sins under the blood of Jesus Christ...they died before Jesus Christ, the only way to hear the Gospel it is from Jesus Christ himself...

Don't you know that the Gospel had to be preached to them first before it would be preached to the living...

Jesus Christ sent his disciples to the living in the world...and not to those who had died before and he did not send his disciples to Abraham and those in his Bossom, because the disciples at death they will be gathered to him and not to the Bossom of Abraham because Abraham was gathered to Jesus at that time when Jesus went to him right after the Cross...

Don't you know, have you not heard that Abraham knew of that day and he rejoiced knowing of that day.

Don't you know the mission of John the Baptist and why they called "prodromos", that he had to go before the Lord and announce his coming...

Peter said Jesus went to all who died before him even those before the flood who died in the flood...

6 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Do you understand what happened to Jesus at the time he died and for those three days till the time of his raising from the dead?  

Let's start with that...and you will see it for your self...

PS the dead are the forefathers, for sure Jesus died for them also. So they can also have their sins under the blood of Jesus Christ...they died before Jesus Christ, the only way to hear the Gospel it is from Jesus Christ himself...

Don't you know that the Gospel had to be preached to them first before it would be preached to the living...

Jesus Christ sent his disciples to the living in the world...and not to those who had died before and he did not send his disciples to Abraham and those in his Bossom, because the disciples at death they will be gathered to him and not to the Bossom of Abraham because Abraham was gathered to Jesus at that time when Jesus went to him right after the Cross...

Don't you know, have you not heard that Abraham knew of that day and he rejoiced knowing of that day.

Don't you know the mission of John the Baptist and why they called "prodromos", that he had to go before the Lord and announce his coming...

Peter said Jesus went to all who died before him even those before the flood who died in the flood...

A few things here.  First, you give no supporting scripture, just theology or theories.  Second, some of what you say made no sense, as in Jesus having to preach to the dead before preaching to the living, which came right after the question of what Jesus did for three days after His death.  Third, you jumble the timing sequence so it is very hard to follow.

Instead of theory, provide scripture.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  302
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  0

"I am the way and the truth and the life.  NOBODY comes to God EXCEPT THROUGH ME" 

Jesus said that.  If you don't believe it because it offends you, you will end up in hell when you die.  

Be skeptical if you want to be.  It won't change what Jesus himself said.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

On 10/21/2022 at 2:43 PM, missmuffet said:

Many people hold the belief that everyone is going to heaven. The Bible is clear that the unredeemed will dwell forever in hell. 

Matthew 25:46

And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

You do know that "Hell" and "punishment" are not the same word, don't you?  If you want to say hell is in the Bible, then perhaps you can give us an example of that. 

If you want to study what the Bible says about hell, you may also what to do a study on the word destruction. 

Far too many people talk about Dante's hell. They never realize that Dante's trilogy is fiction and not Bible truth. 

There is nothing wrong with fiction, as long was we use the imagination for good and not for evil. This was the reason for the flood. 

Genesis 6:5 KJV "And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually".

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

1 hour ago, JohnR7 said:

You do know that "Hell" and "punishment" are not the same word, don't you?  If you want to say hell is in the Bible, then perhaps you can give us an example of that. 

If you want to study what the Bible says about hell, you may also what to do a study on the word destruction. 

Far too many people talk about Dante's hell. They never realize that Dante's trilogy is fiction and not Bible truth. 

There is nothing wrong with fiction, as long was we use the imagination for good and not for evil. This was the reason for the flood. 

Genesis 6:5 KJV "And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually".

Suit yourself.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,798
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

6 hours ago, OneLight said:

This is one of the oldest arguments, isn't it.  What do you do with the millions of people who died before Christ ever came to be our sacrifice, or never heard of Jesus after He was sacrificed for our sins?  Are they all automatically destined for the lake of fire and brimstone, or will Jesus judge them righteously at His judgment?

This is where we all need to remind ourselves that He is just and that His ways are best. His judgment is perfect

1 minute ago, ayin jade said:

This is where we all need to remind ourselves that He is just and that His ways are best. His judgment is perfect

I fully agree.  Jesus will righteously judge the hearts and minds of each of us.

• Thumbs Up 2