• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  1,060
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  1

17 hours ago, Michael37 said:

I don't mind your conversational style of posting

Honestly, I had no idea that I was being "controversial".  I thought I was asking legitimate questions.  

I'm grateful to be here as I have learned much in such a short time and I have grown even stronger in my faith and I have been taking what I learn here and have shared it elsewhere.  Additionally, I have shared this community with others and have encouraged them to participate. 

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

On 10/22/2022 at 7:07 AM, Not of the World said:

True or false?

The church is not a building or an internet site. The church is the people in the building or the people that are using the internet site. At least the ones that are saved. 

You maybe have problems using the word community. Words are what they are, and they mean what they mean and they are not really interchangeable. 

• Group:  Diamond Member

5 minutes ago, JohnR7 said:

The church is not a building or an internet site. The church is the people in the building or the people that are using the internet site. At least the ones that are saved. 

You maybe have problems using the word community. Words are what they are, and they mean what they mean and they are not really interchangeable. 

In a way I see this community as a "church" but I also understand the need to go to church in order to participate with others, thanks to @Jayne enlightened response to me.  :emot-heartbeat:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,147
  • Content Per Day:  4.60
  • Days Won:  327

19 hours ago, Dave-regenerated said:

Sorry, but I think you could be a troll.  You are Roman Catholic aren't you?  Not that that has much to do with, but it could.  You post controversial questions to get a reaction and then you agree with almost all the responses.

Troll? Seriously? Plus he has testified numerous times that he WAS catholic.....

I don't think there is any thing controversial in his questions- the people who reply are accountable for the way they answer

So,I must agree with Michael-" Lighten up" ,stick to the Topic & debate that if you like but not the person,remember our ToS

With love in Christ, Kwik

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/22/2022 at 7:07 AM, Not of the World said:

True or false?

In your description" true"- for many,like Orange Cat " true" ... What Worthy is- is a Ministry .....and a Blessing!

With love in Christ,Kwik

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  909
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,660
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

22 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Troll? Seriously? Plus he has testified numerous times that he WAS catholic.....

I don't think there is any thing controversial in his questions- the people who reply are accountable for the way they answer

So,I must agree with Michael-" Lighten up" ,stick to the Topic & debate that if you like but not the person,remember our ToS

Troll... ahahahahahahaha sorry, dear Sister, it just struck me as very funny...

Your giggling Brother in Christ

• Haha 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  909
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,660
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

To answer the OP...

Everywhere people who are indwelt by the Holy Spirit of God go is Church.

1 Corinthians 3:16 (KJV)
16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

An argument can be made that we are not physically "here"on this board.

But this is most definitely a gathering place.

Matthew 18:20 (KJV)
20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

We can knit pick all day long about words and their meaning "Church" "here" etc. but what truly matters

only... is if we are truly saved, and if we are then the above applies.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  245
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,040
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

5 hours ago, JohnR7 said:

This might be an appropriate time to post the history of the word "church" now in common usage to refer to both local, geographical congregations, and the general theographical assembly of believers everywhere past, present, future.

From my notes:  The word church is not an accurate translation of the original Greek word "ekklesia".

Act 7:37-38  This is that Moses, which said unto the children of Israel, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear.  (38)  This is he, that was in the ekklesia in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sina, and with our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us:

1Cor 1:2  Unto the ekklesia of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours:

Kuriakon actually means “pertaining to the lord.” It is used twice in scripture: 1 Cor 11:20 The “ Lord’s [ kuriakon]supper;” and Rev 1:10, the “ Lord’s [ kuriakon] day.” In those passages it is the supper belonging to the Lord and the day belonging to the Lord respectively.

Kuriakon, kirche, and church, all meant simply a religious building originally used by pagans and later used by Christians following pagan customs. Christians originally didn’t use buildings, which distinguished them from the pagans whose focus was on building, statues, ritual and physical objects. [Copied from The Origin Of The Word Church at scribd.com]

Throughout the Greek world and right down to NT times (cf. Acts 19:39), ekklesia was the designation of the regular assembly of the whole body of citizens in a free city-state, “called out” (Gr, ek, “out,” and kalein, “to call”) by the herald for the discussion and decision of public business (Lambert 1929, 651).

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

3 hours ago, JohnD said:

To answer the OP...

Everywhere people who are indwelt by the Holy Spirit of God go is Church.

1 Corinthians 3:16 (KJV)
16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

An argument can be made that we are not physically "here"on this board.

But this is most definitely a gathering place.

Matthew 18:20 (KJV)
20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

We can knit pick all day long about words and their meaning "Church" "here" etc. but what truly matters

only... is if we are truly saved, and if we are then the above applies.

Matthew 18:20- my dear friend lives in California,y'all know her @RustyAngeL

When we get to Praising and Worshiping we say" we are having " church" right now- HALLELUYAH!

Yep,just need 2......

• Brilliant! 2

• Group:  Diamond Member

For me, this community is the closest thing to a "church" that I know.  However, yesterday I went to a local Christian church for the first time in my LIFE!  I felt a calling to go thanks in part to @Jayne.  Unfortunately, I came down with a BAD case of diverticulitis on Friday and so I could only sit in their pew for 30 minutes before I had to return home.  I look forward to going again!  

One thing, however, is that this one guy in the back (near me) kept exclaiming "Amen!" and other things after virtually every point made by the preacher, which was irritating to me so next time I'll sit up front!  :red-neck-laughing-smiley-emoticon: