IGNORED

Pangaea and Plate Technotics

JohnR7

1 hour ago, farouk said:

Hi @Saved.One.by.Grace Is where you were at the time in an 'earthquake zone', maybe?

St. Louis, Missouri is not considered in an earthquake zone, to my knowledge. In California, I lived in Glendale and worked in Los Angeles, California. My time in California covered 1974 to 1976.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

On 12/5/2022 at 11:13 PM, teddyv said:

The continental shelf is not like a shelf you might have on your wall.

Most of the research is done by people who are looking to mine the gas, oil or minerals and make money. 

Examples of important minerals on the shelf are diamonds, chromite (chromium ore), ilmenite (titanium ore), magnetite (iron ore), platinum, and gold.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.90
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, JohnR7 said:

Most of the research is done by people who are looking to mine the gas, oil or minerals and make money. 

Examples of important minerals on the shelf are diamonds, chromite (chromium ore), ilmenite (titanium ore), magnetite (iron ore), platinum, and gold.

Sure. These would be placer style deposits, having been moved by rivers to the continental shelf and deposited in the relatively lower energy environment. These are not primary deposits.

4 hours ago, teddyv said:

These are not primary deposits.

There is a lot of off shore drilling, so there must be money out there. At least they help to pay for the research on Plate Techtonics. Back when I was in school they were still calling it countential drift and it was still a theory 50 years ago. 

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.90
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, JohnR7 said:

There is a lot of off shore drilling, so there must be money out there. At least they help to pay for the research on Plate Techtonics. Back when I was in school they were still calling it countential drift and it was still a theory 50 years ago. 

By primary, I meant deposits that are in the rock, not in unconsolidated sediments.

Plate Tectonics is still a theory, but it is a well-supported theory.

4 hours ago, teddyv said:

Plate Tectonics is still a theory, but it is a well-supported theory.

Plate Tectonics is the best explaination we have for a lot of things. My primary concern is what goes into the text books for our young people to study and read. This actually is decided in a court of law. At least in the state I live in. 

People can reject science if they want. But they have to be prepared to offer something better. The skeptics fail to do that. Same with religion. We have to be prepared with miracles and healing that can go beyond what the doctors can do. When the doctor has done all they can do, we have to be able to offer them more. Jesus went about preaching, teaching and healing the sick. He set an example for us to follow. 

The women with the issue of blood is a good example Mark 5:25 "And a woman was there who had suffered from bleeding for twelve years. 26 She had borne much agony under the care of many physicians and had spent all she had, but to no avail. Instead, her condition had only grown worse."

After 12 years the physicians could do nothing for her. She went to Jesus and he healed her. We should be where the people go when they need prayers, miracles and healing. 

I can imagine what they did to her sense cauterization was a treatment at the time. So I can understand why people have a problem with science. But we can not throw the baby out with the bath water. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,146
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

4 hours ago, JohnR7 said:

Plate Tectonics is the best explaination we have for a lot of things. My primary concern is what goes into the text books for our young people to study and read. This actually is decided in a court of law. At least in the state I live in. 

People can reject science if they want. But they have to be prepared to offer something better. The skeptics fail to do that. Same with religion. We have to be prepared with miracles and healing that can go beyond what the doctors can do. When the doctor has done all they can do, we have to be able to offer them more. Jesus went about preaching, teaching and healing the sick. He set an example for us to follow. 

The women with the issue of blood is a good example Mark 5:25 "And a woman was there who had suffered from bleeding for twelve years. 26 She had borne much agony under the care of many physicians and had spent all she had, but to no avail. Instead, her condition had only grown worse."

After 12 years the physicians could do nothing for her. She went to Jesus and he healed her. We should be where the people go when they need prayers, miracles and healing. 

I can imagine what they did to her sense cauterization was a treatment at the time. So I can understand why people have a problem with science. But we can not throw the baby out with the bath water. 

Blessings John

I do agree with what you've said except for one thing...

You say that AFTER the Drs have done all they can do we have to be able to offer more- that's where I strongly disagree- BEFORE anything or anyone tried anything I Believe we have much MORE to offer- God FIRST,He is my First " go to" and then we follow where,what,whom & how HE Leads us to

Personally,with every horrible diagnosis in my own life I " hear no evil report" and inquire of my Lord God....I've been Lead to do NOTHING but " Be Still & Wait on the Lord" ,I've been Lead to accept chemo/ radiation,to refuse surgery & other times to have surgery and other procedures ---- so far,He Has NEVER steered me wrong and He Never Will!

God First,Trust God & lean not on our own understanding,He Knows the Plans He Has for us❤️

With love in Christ, Kwik

3 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

God FIRST,He is my First " go to" and then we follow where,what,whom & how HE Leads us to

Thanks for your testimony. It is nice to know that God really can guide us and lead us in the way we are to go. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  5,082
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

On 10/27/2022 at 3:58 PM, ayin jade said:

Glaciers are not formed of ocean water. 

Glaciers, being "rivers of ice" have to form from precipitation.   If not, they wouldn't be above sea level.    But I think teddyv has it right; the claim was not clear, and I think the original statement was meant to mean "water from the oceans."

• 3 weeks later...

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,302
  • Content Per Day:  1.71

On 12/6/2022 at 2:21 AM, Eman_3 said:

If the Earth was an apple, the water layer would be thinner than the fruit's skin. If Earth was the size of a basketball, all of its water would fit into a ping pong ball.

I hope you revise your calculations and realize that there was never enough water to trigger such massive events.

I'm not sure what you are referring too.

I think you mean the amount of water in the oceans, in which case.

The hydrological societies in America, Europe etc have calculated that if the ocean deeps and mountain ranges were evened out so the earth were relatively smooth, then there would be a quarte of a mile of water covering the whole earth.