• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,053
  • Content Per Day:  3.30
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, AlsoBroken said:

Thank you all for these replies. Very appreciated. I just get very upset when I read something that infers that I will at some future Day have to give an account for ALL my past life. Even after I was “saved” I relapsed in my addictions, made terrible choices and did terrible things. I was very unstable off and on for many years. I still grieve over all that was lost. I can’t imagine a judgement seat before which I’ll be reminded of it all and not feel total shame and humiliation. 

There are a number of considerations involved in the Judgment Seat. Some are neatly solved by God's sovereignty, and some bear consequences. The Christian is NOT saved to go to heaven. God had four purposes with man and He has not changed His mind. They are;

1. Be in His image and likeness
  2. Be a Bride up to the standard of, and for, Christ
  3. Subdue and rule the earth God's way
  4. "Dress and Keep" a Garden of fellowship

God has gone to massive and expensive lengths to set the conditions for a man to go from a depraved sinner to a man who meets these criteria. By rebirth are we made partakers of the divine nature so that we can act and think like Christ. By a process of transformation is the soul of man transformed into the image of Christ's soul. By doing things Christ's way do we get to build God's House (1st Cor.3). And by crucifying the flesh and denying the soul do we prove to God our worthiness to be His stewards. These are the things that will be decided at the judgment seat. If you are rich and you keep the riches for yourself, you will be forgiven. But you will have shown God that you are a bad manager of His resources.

If you fear men and make poor decisions to avoid ridicule and adverse popularity, God will forgive you. But you have proved that you are too weak to carry out the rule of the rod of iron.

If you have loved fame and fortune, lived well and comfortably, when all the while God was calling you to the mission field, you will be forgiven. But you have proved to be a lover of self and self interest. You will neither be rewarded nor chosen to be a co-king with Jesus.

If you have blasphemed the Holy Spirit you will be neither forgiven nor rewarded. Certain fiery chastisement waits for you.

If the Lord comes and finds you abusing other Christians, you will be neither forgiven nor rewarded. Certain fiery chastisement awaits you (Matt.24:44-51)

And so on ... Be sober. God is not mocked. Every man will reap what he sows (Gal.6:7)

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

Ad Hoc - that is a lot of preaching in response to someone you don’t know at all. Just saying. Seems like (so far) a lot of pontificators here. 

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  244
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,010
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

1 hour ago, AlsoBroken said:

Ad Hoc - that is a lot of preaching in response to someone you don’t know at all. Just saying. Seems like (so far) a lot of pontificators here. 

Pontifications on Worthy are an Occupational Hazard, @AlsoBroken 🤩

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,279
  • Content Per Day:  7.09
  • Days Won:  99

6 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

Pontifications on Worthy are an Occupational Hazard, @AlsoBroken 🤩

Indeed. :39:

• Haha 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,268
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

10 hours ago, Michael37 said:

Footwear of the Preparation of the Gospel of Peace = Stability in Readiness to Preach.

So, it seems we do not have to be called to the pulpit to have the footwear to share the good news. Cool...
That sorta gives every believer the privilege, the authority, the responsibility, to share the good news.
I reckon the enemy has really confused a lot of believers to think they are not qualified/responsible.
But Jesus is the one, as, in Christ, we can do all things.     ...Really cool..

If we have sufficient scripture to believe and be saved,
we have enough scripture to share with the lost!

• Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 1

10 hours ago, AlsoBroken said:

I hear you brother. They were meant as examples, but seem to have come out another way. I'll be more careful in future.

Thanks for the feedback.

1 hour ago, AdHoc said:

I hear you brother. They were meant as examples, but seem to have come out another way. I'll be more careful in future.

Thanks for the feedback.

Thank you and God bless you. I don’t know the age of anyone here, but it’s possible that I became a Christian when most of you were still in diapers. 😆  It’s been a very long winding road, but my Lord Jesus has never let go of my hand. I’m grateful to tears.

And I am your Sister 😉

Jan 

28 minutes ago, AlsoBroken said:

Thank you and God bless you. I don’t know the age of anyone here, but it’s possible that I became a Christian when most of you were still in diapers. 😆  It’s been a very long winding road, but my Lord Jesus has never let go of my hand. I’m grateful to tears.

And I am your Sister 😉

Jan 

I gathered a little bit from your pseudonym. You've been up the river and over the mountain. I just recently showed a brother that his trials were going to end well. Jacob's name means "supplanter" of "crook". He was not honest with his brother and his father. And so he has to flee - never to see his mother again. At Laban he is cheated and cheated. He is disappointed in his sons' behavior and must work 21 years for his wives. then, just when he needs to be able to run fro his brother, his hip is disjointed. But God was in it all. Not only is his name changed to "Israel", but he became greater than Pharaoh. When Pharaoh met him he asked for Jacob's age. Jacob's answer was; "My days have been few and evil". But then he blesses Pharaoh ... and Hebrews 7:7 tells us that the greater blesses the lesser. Pharaoh was great in political position and claimed deity even. But Jacob had been dealt with by the Lord. That made him that much greater.

Today is my 44th wedding anniversary. I can testify how valuable the older experienced sisters are for the Church. I married one. Did you ever notice - the first ever Church meeting was at Lazarus' house. You have (i) Christ as the center of attention and affection, (ii) a man in resurrection - Lazarus, (iii) a sister serving and (iv) a sister attending solely to the Words of Christ. The first ever Church meeting had DOUBLE the women. And it was the women who ministered to Christ's needs (Matt.27:55, Mk.15:41).

You are valuable sister.

Edited by AdHoc
Spelling
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

That’s beautiful AdHoc. I love the human examples that God left for us, broken people or nobodies that God used in powerful ways. Scripture is full of stories that prove His Providence throughout history, that had little or nothing to do with how high born or “successful” individuals were. The story of Joseph is one of my very favorites. What Satan meant for evil, God turned to Good and saved a whole nation. 
Thank you for your very positive reminder. ❤️

Edited by AlsoBroken
I still don’t get how the “reply” fields work here (confusing). I had to delete my former reply to use this text field.
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,231
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

On 11/1/2022 at 9:09 PM, AlsoBroken said:

“For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.”

I don’t understand what this means, given that believers are covered with Christ’s robe of righteousness and He has removed our sins, “as far as the east is from the west.” But we will still be called to account for every word spoken and act done in the flesh? 
I looked up this passage in several commentaries and they were of no help as far as my question goes. 
We are made righteous in Christ, but will still be judged? 😓

Its the bema seat. Look into it and in those days there was bema seat where they would give rewards out to those that won and what not. Those that didn't win so to speak got nothing. So we are being judged on what we did and didn't do aka rewards. Saved we all are some will get rewards some wont.