IGNORED

Is it possible that homosexuality is a birth defect?

Not of the World

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

19 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

This is not the first post that has caused controversy and conflict. That is the problem with Worthy there is no supervision. It is a free for all. People can post what they want to post. People take advantage of that and we will get all kinds of inappropriate postings. 

True, it is under-supervised, but not so much that it miss this:

The homosexual would like you to believe that. Scientific evidence shows otherwise. It is a choice. 

You like to instigate conflict which would make you a troll. 

Is name calling and accusation the best way to respond to people?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Content Count:  13,126
  • Content Per Day:  9.66
  • Days Won:  149

I believe there are a lot of believers with questions like this, much of it I credit to what some apostate churches are teaching along with what modern society is saying about it.

If we look at what the bible says though, it says homosexuality is a sin among a list of other things that are sins, so who do we believe here? The 'experts' that go around saying it's all genetic, and therefore it can't be a sin because they can't help it OR do we believe what the bible says?

Everything else should be irrelevant to an accurate understanding of the bible which comes first for the Christian when it comes to any matters of this nature, so in that light, the question really doesn't need to be asked most of the time, if the question is, "Is this wrong?" OTOH if we look at genetic disposition there is probably an argument to be made that some people might be pre disposed to it more than others are, but this doesn't let anyone off the hook so far as it being a sin. In fact the bible makes no concessions for pre disposition at all.

I could be pre disposed to anything that's a sin, but it doesn't let me off the hook.

4 hours ago, JohnR7 said:

Does anyone know what it means to be: "transgender"? It happens in 0ne out of 500, and they look like women, but they have a male organ that in some cases can produce a baby.

I don't think that is what it means:

transgender

adjective

trans·gen·der tran(t)s-ˈjen-dər  
tranz-

: of, relating to, or being a person whose gender identity differs from the sex the person had or was identified as having at birth
especially : of, relating to, or being a person whose gender identity is opposite the sex the person had or was identified as having at birth

- Merriam-Webster
It seems to be a person of either gender, who thinks they are of a different gender, than there body indicates, that may or may not have anything to do with their general appearance. I would say yes, body parts may figure in, but it is not just external organs. A uterus does not show, and I think you need one of those, and ovaries to successfully get pregnant and grow a baby. Men don't have those.
There are also chromosomes. A pair of X and Y chromosomes (XY) results in a male, and a pair of X and X chromosomes (XX) results in a female. Chromosomes don't care about how you "identify" or how you feel. They are reflections of biological reality. "Identity" as an indicator of reality, is bizarre. If I identify as a car or as a tree, does that make it true? If so, then I am not an athletic, brilliant, wise and rich guy!
All of that being said, this is not the topic! Birth defects as a root of homosexuality is. 
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

Just now, Omegaman 3.0 said:

I don't think that is what it means:

Perhaps you are thinking of transexual which is different. Transgender is an  term for persons whose gender identity, gender expression or behavior does not conform to that typically associated with their sex at birth. 

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,331
  • Content Per Day:  7.11
  • Days Won:  99

12 hours ago, Not of the World said:

I believe some are "born" gay. Is it possible that such an unnatural desire is, in some cases, a birth defect just like being born with only one arm is a birth defect?  

From the empirical viewpoint, no. There isn't a gene associated with homosexuality, my friend. 

I'm aware of all manner of conjecture where this is concerned, but that's all it is: conjecture. From hormonal conditions in the womb to how one is reared from birth, it's guesswork. Nothing has been proven. 

As far as homosexuality becoming an affliction for some, there's no question about that. It is indeed. I say let the Lord be the judge, and we do all that we can for those who are afflicted in such a way. Love our neighbor as ourselves and condemn no one. Vengeance belongs to the Lord. :) 

11 minutes ago, JohnR7 said:

Perhaps you are thinking of transexual which is different. Transgender is an  term for persons whose gender identity, gender expression or behavior does not conform to that typically associated with their sex at birth. 

I don't know John, I am not an expert in these things, that is why I quoted Merriam-Webster!

of, relating to, or being a person whose gender identity differs from the sex the person had or was identified as having at birth

However, this is STILL not the topic!

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

I don't know John, I am not an expert in these things, that is why I quoted Merriam-Webster! However, this is STILL not the topic!

It can be whatever you want it to be. I do not care, it is not my problem. 

• Huh?  I don't get it. 1

1 minute ago, JohnR7 said:

It can be whatever you want it to be. I do not care, it is not my problem. 

Come on John, I did not choose the topic, the OP did!

34 minutes ago, Starise said:

it says homosexuality is a sin

The real problem is when people try to justify themselves. God requires us to be humble before Him. 

Luke 18:13 But the tax collector stood at a distance, unwilling even to lift up his eyes to heaven. Instead, he beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner!’ 14I tell you, this man, rather than the Pharisee, went home justified. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but the one who humbles himself will be exalted.”

They want us to give them approval, and we cannot do that. So in some cases the problem is not the actual sin but our attitude toward sin. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  1,060
  • Content Per Day:  1.82
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Walter Goraj jr said:

Sin defect. There's hope for the homosexual as there is hope for the atheist.

I believe you summed it up quite succinctly.  

• Thumbs Up 1