IGNORED

Is there Biblical support for public prayer requests?

Not of the World

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  1,060
  • Content Per Day:  1.88
  • Days Won:  1

Thank you in advance. :3652:

• Praying! 1

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,777
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Shalom Not of the World,

Be sure to also post your prayer request with our Worthy Prayer Team.    Simply click on the Worthy Prayer Team link, and click login and submit your prayer request!  It's that simple!

God bless,

George

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,596
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

On 11/10/2022 at 8:36 AM, Not of the World said:

Thank you in advance. :3652:

Shabbat shalom, Not of the World.

Yes, there is biblical support: Paul said to the Galatians,

Galatians 6:2 (KJV)

2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.

And, what was the "law of Christ?"

1 John 3:23 (KJV)

23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

And,

John 13:34-35 (KJV)

34 "A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. 35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another."

Remember, too, that Yeeshuwa` ("Jesus") said,

John 16:23-27 (KJV)

23 "And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you. 24 Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.

25 "These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the Father. 26 At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you: 27 For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God. 28I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father."

May God bless you in your quest for faith! Remember: Faith is not about you; it's all about TRUSTING in the God who knows what you need before you even ask Him! He's omnipotent; that is, He is ALL powerful, and He loves you unconditionally!

Also, don't forget the believers' examples in the book of Acts!

Acts 4:32-35 (KJV)

32 And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common. 33 And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all. 34 Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold, 35 And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need.

They had to know what each one needed. That requires telling someone that you need something!

Edited by Retrobyter
to add a little more
  • Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,138
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings NotW

The Body of Christ are One Body,all members of the Same Body that function as One when in One Accord because of our One Head- Jesus!

When we reach out to one another requesting prayer,one for the other,it is so we can touch and agree that we will function as we should- with the Heart & Mind of Christ Jesus and we are MOST effective & productive for the Kingdom !

Think of it this way,if you had a broken foot then your entire body would have to compensate for that foot,wouldn't it! With that broken foot you may even have to lose work until it's healed and you can get your body to where you need to be,right? Lol,might sound silly but that is us- the Body of Christ..  if one member is not doing well in any way,shape or form then " we" are all not as we should be .

I cannot use my hand without my wrist- and so on❤️In Jesus Mighty Name He Has Told us to " pray" one for the other.      And so we do,especially because we Live One Another

And we pray for whomever asks( or who we see needs)- we pray because God So Loves the world and so do we.... How do we submit prayers & supplications as God's Word Tells us to if we don't know what is needed?Ask & you shall Receive

With love in Christ, Kwik

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

Phil. 4:6 (NKJVS)   Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;

So that your request also becomes mine. I believe that prayer is actually agreeing with God and we can agree together as one heart and mind requesting His will. Your will be done, not mine--nevertheless-- and we ask.

The principle of 'importunity'.

Luke 11:5 (KJVS) And he said unto them, Which of you shall have a friend, and shall go unto him at midnight, and say unto him, Friend, lend me three loaves; 6 For a friend of mine in his journey is come to me, and I have nothing to set before him? 7 And he from within shall answer and say, Trouble me not: the door is now shut, and my children are with me in bed; I cannot rise and give thee. 8 I say unto you, Though he will not rise and give him, because he is his friend, yet because of his importunity he will rise and give him as many as he needeth. 9 And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. 10 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. 11 If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent?

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

5 hours ago, Alive said:

Phil. 4:6 (NKJVS)   Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;

Great verse!  Thank you!  

By the way, I certainly don't have any issue with prayer requests but I like to ask for Biblical support on many, many things.  After all, I was a Catholic for 50 years (I'm 56) and was told a LOT of things that turned out to lack Biblical support.  

Thanks for the responses!  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,138
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

1 hour ago, Not of the World said:

By the way, I certainly don't have any issue with prayer requests but I like to ask for Biblical support on many, many things.  After all, I was a Catholic for 50 years (I'm 56) and was told a LOT of things that turned out to lack Biblical support.  

Thanks for the responses!  

Blessings NotW

I understand completely & you just keep on asking,that's exactly what I did when I left the rcc      I called it my " debriefing" period,lol

It's far more difficult for those who were taught false doctrine than none at all ..though only " for a time".

I think it's a very good thing to ask for Scriptural confirmation and no doubt it is pleases our Heavenly Father👍 Praise Jesus!

With love in Christ, Kwik

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  9,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  06/12/1974

Prayed