IGNORED

What are some key scriptural passages that discuss the Godhead?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

• John 1:1–2 (God the Word with God in the beginning)
  • 1 John 1:1–2 (who God the Word was with was with in the beginning)
  • Genesis 1:1–2 (who God the Word and God the Father were with in the beginning)

Yet there is only one God (Isaiah 43:10–11 / Deuteronomy 6:4).

Therefore, as it takes all three parts for us to be human (body, soul, spirit) it takes all three Persons

(Father, Word [Son], Holy Spirit) for the one God to be God.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,031
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  0

Two scriptures that immediately come to mind is John 14 and 1st Corinthians 12. God has two dealings with men in order to achieve His purpose. (i) Infusing Himself in  the believer so that the believer is made partaker of the divine life and nature, and (ii) giving His power as a mantle for ministry to build His Church. So ...

In John 14 the Lord predicts Himself going away. This going away was so that (i) God would come and make His abode in the believer (verse 23). (ii) But not only would the Father make His abode with the believer, but the Son too  (verse 20). And, (iii) as if this were not profound enough, the Holy Spirit would come to dwell in the believer too (verse 17).

... 17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
... 20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
... 23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

But the Christian not only needs God, His life and His nature intrinsically, but the job that God has given us is above our pay grade. To build a spiritual house we need Spirit-inspired abilities. So ...

In 1st Corinthians 12 we note the ministry of the Triune God actively promoting our ministry. In 1st Corinthians 1:1-6 God's involvement as Father, Son and Holy Spirit is noted.

1 Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I would not have you ignorant. ... 4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. 5 And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord. 6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

Ask yourself this:  Who raised Jesus from the dead?  He was raised only once, but who did it?

The Bible says:

• Peter says in Acts 2 that "God" did.  But who is God?
  • Paul says in Galatians 1 that God the "Father" did.
  • Jesus, himself, predicts in John 2 and John 10 that he will raise his OWN self from the dead.
  • Romans 8:11 and 1 Peter 3 say that the Spirit of God did.

So the Bible says that "God" raised Jesus from the dead.

And the Bible says that the "Father, Jesus the Son, and the Spirit" did.

This is clear evidence to me that Jesus, who was raised from the dead only ONCE, is part of the God-head.

And that the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit all are one and comprise the God-head.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.55
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

A reading through the OT thinking about this and particularly Christ, the Logos, Yahweh, the pillar of fire and smoke. The water from the rock, mercy endures forever, Almight God and Prince of Peace, Counselor. The Godhead is everywhere! The most amazing testimony and an unfathomable gift to man. The Word.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  873
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  0

People can have some bad ways of understanding God. So, just giving Jesus a "God" label could be a problem, if a person calling Jesus "God" has a bad representation of who God is.

So, now I see that Jesus came to show how God is, not to only get a label for Himself. 

"He who has seen Me has seen the Father" (in John 14:9).

If seeing how Jesus is is seeing how God our Father is, I see this means Jesus is how God is and therefore is God.

Edited by com7fy8