• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,517
  • Content Per Day:  12.16
  • Days Won:  31

Hi @Willa I saw that a while ago you said:

probably the majority of women in the USA have pierced ears. Some of us lived in the day when they clamped gold onto our ears with inhumane painful vice grips, and it was more merciful to get the pain done with once and for all.

Some of the young men and boys who have attended our local church have had their ears done also. Yes, I can see the sense of just going ahead and getting the holes put in instead of having to undergo all the clamping on the earlobes. Just do it and then be done with it (and no more pulling off the clips in huge relief at the end of a formal dress evening...).

• Well Said! 1

FYI....thread: @HopeInHim ...Any wisdom here?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,104
  • Content Per Day:  9.70
  • Days Won:  149

All of this talk all the time about it's my body it's my body. Let them get old enough to decide for themselves since it's thier body.

If a person is of age and wants to go stick holes in themselves then go for it. I've seen some ears you could hang bird feeders from ( another subject). I see circumcision a little differently because it is a sanitation and health measure. If you are Jewish there are other reasons.

If you end up with ears that look like hula hoops don't be surprised if a few people stare at you :)

• Haha 3

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Content Count:  10,225
  • Content Per Day:  7.08
  • Days Won:  99

2 hours ago, Starise said:

All of this talk all the time about it's my body it's my body. Let them get old enough to decide for themselves since it's thier body.

If a person is of age and wants to go stick holes in themselves then go for it. I've seen some ears you could hang bird feeders from ( another subject). I see circumcision a little differently because it is a sanitation and health measure. If you are Jewish there are other reasons.

If you end up with ears that look like hula hoops don't be surprised if a few people stare at you :)

Yep.

Bird feeders, eh? Fascinating. Chirp chirp... or "choip choip" depending upon where the boid in question is from. 

That could be a messy affair. :39:

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,971
  • Content Per Day:  5.44
  • Days Won:  45
  • Birthday:  01/25/1961

If people want to put holes in themselves and look like a strainer, they can go for it.  It isn't for me.  Odd topic for a thread too. :mellow:  Folks need to decide for themselves on this stuff.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  431
  • Topics Per Day:  0.28
  • Content Count:  3,218
  • Content Per Day:  2.07
  • Days Won:  0

On 11/29/2022 at 4:31 PM, farouk said:

@believeinHim PS, as regards topical subjects, here is another, I suppose..........

I am confused as to what this has to do with the other thread. Let's see, The Bible has something to say about this in reference to an awl and a slave who wants to remain with his masters. That is the only where I know in the Old Testament. My ears were pierced when I was four years old, Ear lobes, When I threw a fit to get them done while my mom was getting hers done her second ones done. She has two ear lobe piercings in each ear. 

Fortunately, For both of us at the time there was still a Claires around and there was still islands in the shopping malls so we could get them done there so it wasn't so scary looking and intimidating.

I got one of them done and cried and I didn't want to get the other one done.

My mom explained to me that I would look like a boy if I did not get the other one done, And I did not want that, And she wanted me to have pierced ears at the time, So she did not tell me I could let the first one close and I was four so I all I knew is that I did not want to look like a boy. It was well before the tomboy phase that most young girls and virtually all young women go through at some point.

I have since decided to keep them, Although with my baby face they make my face look even younger which is just something I have had to accept while trying to look my age since a couple of decades now.

I have decided to keep them, As ear lobe piercings on a woman, Generally speaking, I equate to that of along the same things as male circumcision.

If you would like to discuss this further, I believe it would {maybe} Need to be a PM, Or perhaps in the Adults Lounge ? . Blessings. :101:

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  431
  • Topics Per Day:  0.28
  • Content Count:  3,218
  • Content Per Day:  2.07
  • Days Won:  0

On 11/29/2022 at 4:31 PM, farouk said:

@believeinHim PS, as regards topical subjects, here is another, I suppose..........

@faroukI tried to answer your inquiry however it wasn't sent through, And I have not a clue why unless it is for Adults Lounge or PM, {No clue if it can be discussed in the public area really}, However if you'd like my response I think it'd have to be a DM Direct Message, Or discusssed in the Adults Lounge. You'd have to message a moderator about that part, I think. Blessings. Oh, Whoops, Never mind it wasn't showing on my flip phone. I signed in to my flip phone to check up on the latest with this and it wasn't showing up in my flip phone. Never mind. :) :101:

Edited by believeinHim

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

4 minutes ago, believeinHim said:

@faroukI tried to answer your inquiry however it wasn't sent through, And I have not a clue why unless it is for Adults Lounge or PM, {No clue if it can be discussed in the public area really}, However if you'd like my response I think it'd have to be a DM Direct Message, Or discusssed in the Adults Lounge. You'd have to message a moderator about that part, I think. Blessings. Oh, Whoops, Never mind it wasn't showing on my flip phone. I signed in to my flip phone to check up on the latest with this and it wasn't showing up in my flip phone. Never mind. :) :101:

Just didn't get to it yet is all - there's nothing wrong with what you've said here imo....I only just got here and was not around much yesterday👍

On 11/28/2022 at 10:59 AM, kwikphilly said:

I think when a girl or boy is 18 they can decide for themselves,my own son asked long before that and my answer was" no, when your 18 you can do as you please"- by age 16 he convinced me,lol. I bought him a diamond stud,he still wears it ( around 40 yrs now)

❤️

-

Hi @Rosie1jack2pauline3 Any wisdom for us here? kind of more of a trivia thread, I suppose. As @kwikphilly said in her post above, it can be appropriate for an adolescent young man or woman.  Christmas and b-day gifts are all about surprises and it can maybe be a good gift among families.

On 11/28/2022 at 1:05 AM, Marilyn C said:

Hi farouk,

Thank you for asking. However, it is not in my radar and not an interest for me. Sorry.

Marilyn.

@Marilyn C Okay, fine; I guess it's not something you would know about.....Blessings.

• Thumbs Up 1