• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.75
  • Days Won:  226

31 minutes ago, farouk said:

@missmuffet Galatians is indeed a great antidote to legalism...

We go by the New Covenant now and the blood Jesus Christ shed on the Cross.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,632
  • Content Per Day:  12.17
  • Days Won:  31

Just now, missmuffet said:

We go by the New Covenant now and the blood Jesus Christ shed on the Cross.

Amen, indeed.................. The Lord Jesus as per Hebrews 9.15 is 'the Mediator of the new covenant'....

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  782
  • Content Per Day:  1.51
  • Days Won:  1

On 12/11/2022 at 8:26 AM, Kat70s said:

I grew up very isolated and fundamentalist. I struggle with what's legalism vs just following the Bible. I know that we don't have to follow the law, and Christ died for us freeing us from the law.

I tend to drift towards legalist churches (comfort in the known). I have been put off of a few churches because of a woman preacher..I was raised about women are silent in the churches.

Just wondering what y'all think, thanks!

Katrina 

On 12/11/2022 at 4:21 PM, Starise said:

If you are anything like me, you feel a discomfort deep in your spirit. I can't live with that long term.

I can either spend my time trying to explain it away or justify it which is a loosing battle, or simply take measures to go to a church I am comfortable with or at least willing to get past the smaller issues. A small issue is a larger issue to others. I believe we each need to do what we are led to do of our own conciences no matter what anyone else thinks or says.

I could not regularly attend any church with a woman pastor, but I have also seen many messed up churches of those who have a male pastor, so maybe a church seems to check all the right boxes, but hearts aren't right. To me this is just as bad or worse.

There's a similar church right down the road from the to the one we attend. The denominational heads of that church have decided homosexual clergy are ok. I have seen these kinds of things literally kill local churches. Instead of having the gumption to pull away from those apostate denominations, they stay in with them and suffer often both monetarily and spiritually. Something has clearly broken down at the leadership level. What else could swe trust them with? I refuse to be the guinea pig for some social experement graduating human oddities from their denominational seminaries.

No perfect churches. There are churches who are striving to do what's right though. Then there are those who have drifted so far away they no longer resemble churches.

I once set foot in a church I didn't know had a woman pastor.  A male pastor started the service, but when it came time for the sermon he sat and she went up into the pulpit.  I never finished the service; this was Easter and I was expecting something rousing though I was uneasy about a woman pastor, but then she went off the deep end, making the Resurrection "spiritual -- it happened within their hearts".

We got up and left at that point.  I've never even walked into another church with a woman pastor.  To have a complete ministry, churches should have women in various parts of the ministry, even ordained, but the head pastor should be a man.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  782
  • Content Per Day:  1.51
  • Days Won:  1

On 12/11/2022 at 4:21 PM, Starise said:

I could not regularly attend any church with a woman pastor, but I have also seen many messed up churches of those who have a male pastor, so maybe a church seems to check all the right boxes, but hearts aren't right. To me this is just as bad or worse.

There's a similar church right down the road from the to the one we attend. The denominational heads of that church have decided homosexual clergy are ok. I have seen these kinds of things literally kill local churches. Instead of having the gumption to pull away from those apostate denominations, they stay in with them and suffer often both monetarily and spiritually. Something has clearly broken down at the leadership level. What else could swe trust them with? I refuse to be the guinea pig for some social experement graduating human oddities from their denominational seminaries.

No perfect churches. There are churches who are striving to do what's right though. Then there are those who have drifted so far away they no longer resemble churches.

The real question is whether those clergy are required to remain celibate.  If they are then it's no different than having a single man as a pastor; until married they have to abstain.

• Well Said! 1