• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,510
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  0

39 minutes ago, George said:

@dad2  Do you believe the Dead Sea Scrolls is a miracle archaeological find?

I would lean that way, but am not all that familiar with them. How does it relate?

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,788
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

1 minute ago, dad2 said:

I would lean that way, but am not all that familiar with them. How does it relate?

This is a snippet from the history of the Dead Sea Scrolls discovery from "The Dead Sea Scrolls, a Full History" by Weston Fields ... page 44-45 ...

Screenshot 2023-01-02 at 10.07.31 PM.jpgScreenshot 2023-01-02 at 10.07.48 PM.jpgScreenshot 2023-01-02 at 10.08.06 PM.jpg

The DAY THE DEAD SEA SCROLLS WERE PURCHASED ... WAS THE DAY OF THE UN VOTE!  

The day of the event in his diary he said this, 

""My hands shook as I started to unwrap one of them. I read a few sentences. It was written in beautiful biblical Hebrew. The language was like that of the Psalms, but the text was unknown to me. I looked and looked, and I suddenly had the feeling that I was privileged by destiny to gaze upon a Hebrew Scroll which had not been read for more than 2,000 years."

As the UN Vote was taking place, he said this, 

While I was examining these precious documents in my study, the late news on the radio announced that the United Nations would be voting on the resolution that night—whether or not Israel would be allowed to become a nation—My youngest son Mati, was in the next room, twiddling radio knobs in an effort to get New York. ... From time to time, he would give me a brief commentary on what had been said. It was past midnight when the voting was announced. And I was engrossed in a particularly absorbing passage in one of the scrolls when my son rushed in with the shout that the vote on the Jewish State had passed. This great event in Jewish history was thus combined in my home in Jerusalem with another event, no less historic, the one political, and the other cultural.

How can someone say that God was not orchestrating the events and used a archaeological to confirm the events taking place?

Be blessed,

George

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, DeighAnn said:

Just because you can't understand it doesn't make it any less correct.

Trying to make it less than it is, doesn't change the fact that it was written, it took place as written, and even the number of years written turned out to be 100 percent  correct.

What is truly 'pitiful' is that instead of witnessing the MIRACLE of it all, you are choosing to dis it..  

And THIS IS one in which you don't even have to believe in God to see its truth.  All you have to do is look up what happened in the history books and there it is in black and white.   

'PITIFUL' the 'fruit' that ends this discussion, as I have no need to be insulted because you don't like what is put forth. Have a good year.   

If I have a good time does that mean I have it for 360 years?  How do you get the numbers? The captivity ended in 538BC according to a quick search I did. How did you connect that to 1948 again?

3 minutes ago, George said:

How can someone say that God was not orchestrating the events and used a archaeological to confirm the events taking place?

Be blessed,

George

God does orchestrate things. In the Scriptures (copies of which were found that day) it tells us about the future of Israel. That future is one of death and sorrow and trouble in the end, leading to salvation. Finding such Scriptures (or verifying they were correct) did not mean that God restored and saved Israel that day.

Israel does need to be a nation for prophesy to be true. They need to be invaded and etc etc. That does not mean that they were restored by God in 1948, regardless of whether ancient copies of Scripture was found at the time. It is significant but not in a way that means God has returned and saved Israel yet.

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,788
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

6 minutes ago, dad2 said:

Finding such Scriptures (or verifying they were correct) did not mean that God restored and saved Israel that day.

The SAME DAY of the UN Vote ... is the SAME DAY the Dead Sea Scrolls (specifically important was the Isaiah Scroll 2) were being VERIFIED after 2000 years ... in 1947 but hey according to you ... that doesn't mean anything and doesn't mean that God didn't have a hand in establishing Israel!  :)

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't force him to drink!  I'll bow out now.  Be blessed!  :)

• Well Said! 1

43 minutes ago, George said:

The SAME DAY of the UN Vote ... is the SAME DAY the Dead Sea Scrolls (specifically important was the Isaiah Scroll 2) were being VERIFIED after 2000 years ... in 1947 but hey according to you ... that doesn't mean anything and doesn't mean that God didn't have a hand in establishing Israel!  :)

Isaiah 2:2

And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the Lord 's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

If that was the message in the scrolls guess when it was for? The end.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,405
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Birthday:  05/14/1951

--

Can any nation, such as Israel presently, exist against the will of God? No.

Then the nations must exist by the will of God.

If we believe that the nation that is Israel and all the nations exist by the will of God,

Should we say then that it is exclusively a random event, or an event that is exclusively done by men, something that is done apart from the will of God? We cannot.

Israel's existence today is by the will of God. Living proof that the promises of God to the children of Israel are real and truth, and that Jesus is the eternal living God of Israel.

--

The restoration of Israel has had different levels over the years.

The level in 1948 was the substance beginning to form. The substance increased to a higher level, completing the restoration in 1967. 

Israel could not complete the restoration process until Jerusalem was restored completely to the military control of Jerusalem.

The 1967 events completed the process with the control of Jerusalem being the final piece of the restoration.

----

The events in 1967 that completed the restoration of Israel and Jerusalem, also ended the statue of Dan. 2 and completed the time of the 4th beast in Dan. 7.

It completed the times of the gentiles that Jesus spoke about, 70 AD-1967, Lk 21:20-24, 24.

---

Many prophecies center on the restoration of Jerusalem to Israel, rather than the land mass borders of the country of Israel, Lk 21:20-24, 24, for example.

--

Edited by abcdef

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,099
  • Content Per Day:  1.41

On 1/1/2023 at 11:16 PM, dad2 said:

False. He will have been working on Israel the whole tribulation, with trials designed to get them to repent. It is not some random thing. They will believe in Jesus and be sorry and saved.

Lets just drop it, I don't waste time talking to people who are like walls who don't listen. I have way to much stuff to do.

God Bless

Edited by George
Removed Personal Attack

11 minutes ago, Revelation Man said:

Lets just drop it, I don't waste time talking to people who are like walls who don't listen. I have way to much stuff to do. Plus you are an insult artist. 

God Bless

Except He will work on Israel getting them ready to accept Him in that terrible time. Sorry if that rocks your boat.

1 hour ago, abcdef said:

Can any nation, such as Israel presently, exist against the will of God? No.

That does not mean that they exist obeying Him. It means that God steps back and let's what will be in this sinful world be. He also limits the damage evil empires can cause and etc. The mere existence of Nazi Germany did not mean that God endorsed a war that killed 27 million people or whatever. The existence of modern secular Israel does not mean God dislikes Palestinians or agrees with the sodomy and wickedness that goes on there. Since bible prophesy says Israel will exist and be invaded etc etc all it means is that God knew it would exist. It does NOT mean He restored them to the land yet or that they are saved.

1 hour ago, abcdef said:

Israel's existence today is by the will of God. Living proof that the promises of God to the children of Israel are real and truth, and that Jesus is the eternal living God of Israel.

--

No. The nation prophesied about that will mostly be killed and persecuted and attacked and etc only means that God knows Israel will be there and under a time of trouble till they get saved.

The restoration of Israel has had different levels over the years.

The issue is when GOD restores saved Israel. Not when secular doomed to severe severe severe judgment Israel exists.

1 hour ago, abcdef said:

Israel could not complete the restoration process until Jerusalem was restored completely to the military control of Jerusalem.

Israel has ZERO to do with the restoration by GOD. There is no process. The only process is when they say uncle and repent and get saved. Then and only then will God restore and save and protect them.

1 hour ago, abcdef said:

It completed the times of the gentiles that Jesus spoke about, 70 AD-1967, Lk 21:20-24, 24.

False.

Luke 21:22

For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.

All things were not fulfillled in 1967. Obviously.

1 hour ago, abcdef said:

---

Many prophecies center on the restoration of Jerusalem to Israel, rather than the land mass borders of the country of Israel, Lk 21:20-24, 24, for example.

--

The VERY next verse prove that this was not 1967

Luke 21:25

And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;
Luke 21:26

Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.
Luke 21:27

And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.

Try telling the truth