IGNORED

How to make the electorate even more cynical.

teddyv

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  1

15 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

I'm listening to those who've got much to say about Republicans,then those who talk about the Dems & Libs

If you ask me( which no one is,lol) I think we are all Americans and would do well to remember that- since the internet & the wacked out opinionated news media( they used to report " news" long ago) that's the source of our division and civil unrest

I watched a video about the crazy,conspiracy theory republicans yesterday regarding gas stoves( I'm conservative/ republican) - the " news" reporters were so blatantly anti- republican it was pretty sickening...... Anyone watching it would undoubtedly have walked away saying" what's wrong with those stupid republicans & the funny thing is if they didn't find & exaggerate the ridiculous issue no one would even know about it because no one but " they" are even talking about it,not important

They wanted to bash Ron D it seems,I live here in Florida- nobody is talking about gas stoves, lol - least of all our Governor! But get a hater,they'll come up with 16 stories from the news & internet regarding how that's all we are concerned with????

Social media,news media,internet will destroy this Country imo,not the twits they talk about.....the people are brainwashed- they're all bonkers!

That gas stove thing was both sad and hilarious at the same time.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,026
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,354
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

Quote about George Santos from this article in this link....

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2023/01/the-everything-guide-to-george-santoss-lies.html

"So what has Santos said about his life that is actually true?

As he has claimed, Santos is a 34-year-old Republican born in Queens who will represent New York’s wealthiest congressional district. Other than that, pretty much everything is under scrutiny."

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,272
  • Content Per Day:  4.88
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

20 hours ago, The Barbarian said:

This is the new republican party.    I think it can be salvaged, but it's not going to be easy.

It needs to rededicate itself to American principles.   A break won't help it any more than giving a burglar a break helps the burglar.    It just enables him.

Reform is possible, but first they have to want to change.

He is NOT the Republican Party. The ones who need to be reformed are the racist Democrats who preach racial divide, infanticide, and lawlessness.

Edited by Rick-Parker
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,245
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

12 hours ago, Debp said:

Quote about George Santos from this article in this link....

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2023/01/the-everything-guide-to-george-santoss-lies.html

"So what has Santos said about his life that is actually true?

As he has claimed, Santos is a 34-year-old Republican born in Queens who will represent New York’s wealthiest congressional district. Other than that, pretty much everything is under scrutiny."

I would wager a donut or two that those who elected him really don't care.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  5,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

Just now, Rick-Parker said:

He is NOT the Republican Party.

What could be Trumpier than to lie about his accomplishments, education, etc?    He's just emulating the master.

1 minute ago, Rick-Parker said:

The one who need to be reformed are the racist Democrats

I notice that the officials showing up at events with white supremacists are republicans like Trump and Marjorie Taylor Greene.    That's kind of a tip-off.

And this...

the-gop-thinks-one-line-from-trumps-jan-6-speech-will-excuse-the-rest-of-it-and-everything-else-he-did-to-incite-the-capitol-siege-4264588957.jpg.8197d29b1a0aa62608b058cf5fd8cbf8.jpg

Seems to have a lot of MAGA hats and Trump banners out.   And the perps who have so far been brought to justice have all been republicans.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

42 minutes ago, other one said:

The information is mixed.  The local republican party has denounced him and asked him to resign.   

Nassau County Republicans, including Rep. Anthony D’Esposito (R-N.Y.), on Wednesday urged Rep. George Santos (R-N.Y.) to resign from office over him fabricating portions of his resume during his successful campaign to win election to the House.

“George Santos’s campaign last year was a campaign of deceit, lies and fabrication,” Nassau County GOP chairman Joseph Cairo said in a press conference Wednesday. “Today, on behalf of the Nassau County Republican Committee, I am calling for his immediate resignation.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3808787-local-ny-republicans-call-on-santos-to-resign/

But his backers might not care...

Santos' major backers include a migrant smuggler, an unlikely Trump donor, the cousin of a sanctioned Russian oligarch and a convicted felon. 

A controversial donor, who along with his apparent domestic partner gave a combined $34,500 to Santos, is Andrew Intrater, the CEO of a company which once had ties to a sanctioned Russian oligarch Intrater is the CEO of Sparrow Capital — an investment firm formerly known as Columbus Nova. 

Intrater is a prolific donor to Republican candidates and causes — he paid $250,000 to attend former President Donald Trump's inauguration in January 2017. 

Intrater did not respond to a request for comment.

Cheng Gao, an immigrant from China with a Trump Tower apartment who also attended the former president's 2017 inauguration, gave $11,200 to Santos for his 2022 campaign. Gao could not be reached for comment. CBS News has not learned how either Intrater or Gao came to be Santos supporters. 

Meanwhile, Rocco Oppedisano's family was visibly involved with Santos's campaign. Reportedly an Italian national, the 54-year-old, donated $500 to a victory committee benefiting Santos' campaign in September according to FEC records. That donation to the son of Brazilian immigrants who campaigned as tough on immigration, drew attention after the Daily Beast reported that Oppedisano had pleaded guilty to smuggling undocumented migrants into the U.S. in 2019. A further review of Oppedisano's court records show his criminal record also includes convictions for grand larceny, DWIs, and possession of ammunition by a convicted felon. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/george-santos-donors-what-we-know/

It looks like big republican donors and republican officials are fine with Santos and his behavior, but rank and file republican voters, not so much.

Edited by The Barbarian
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  1,628
  • Content Per Day:  1.15

5 hours ago, Rick-Parker said:

He is NOT the Republican Party. The ones who need to be reformed are the racist Democrats who preach racial divide, infanticide, and lawlessness.

Changing the subject and accusing Democrats of preaching racism, infanticide, and lawlessness is a) total nonsense and b) avoiding the subject being discussed.

• Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  1,628
  • Content Per Day:  1.15

5 hours ago, other one said:

They don't care about being lied to?  If they based their votes on his lies, they should definitely care.  As should Kevin McCarthy.

• Oy Vey! 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,245
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

30 minutes ago, JimmyB said:

They don't care about being lied to?  If they based their votes on his lies, they should definitely care.  As should Kevin McCarthy.

sometimes you just vote for who's available when you are not going to vote for the other person.  That's partly how Joe got into the white-house as far as I'm concerned.

Maybe they thought a lying Republican is better than a Democrat.

I've voted for situations like that concerning both parties.

On 1/17/2023 at 2:27 PM, teddyv said:

That gas stove thing was both sad and hilarious at the same time.

I wonder if someone at Fox News made a bet that the right would buy even that story.   If they did, they won.

• Oy Vey! 1