• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Content Per Day:  9.76
  • Days Won:  149

Hey @Dennis1209

I think I hear you saying whe can pray to the Father because we have access through the Son, and likely why Jesus told us to pray to the father.

So maybe I've been going at it all wrong. I should not feel uncomfortable praying directly to the Father then. The connection to him does not need to be cleared through Jesus, only cleared BY Jesus, right?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

6 minutes ago, Starise said:

Hey @Dennis1209

I think I hear you saying whe can pray to the Father because we have access through the Son, and likely why Jesus told us to pray to the father.

So maybe I've been going at it all wrong. I should not feel uncomfortable praying directly to the Father then. The connection to him does not need to be cleared through Jesus, only cleared BY Jesus, right?

Matthew, Mark and Luke all record the veil of the temple being torn from top to bottom, the veil that separated us from God.  There is now no more separation from His people to Him directly.  You don't need to be uncomfortable praying to the Father directly.  Even Jesus example of prayer starts out addressing the Father in heaven.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,589
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 1/6/2023 at 11:24 AM, Starise said:

When you worship God what part of Him do you focus on? 

My understanding is we can only worship the Father through the Son, or the Father only sees us through the Son.

Thoughts?

Interesting question; I suppose more and more as I have experienced God now over some 42+ years , I "focus" upon the lead (of me) by the Holy Spirit;  and so I tend think upon the agency of the Holy Spirit in relationship to  my Lord and Savior Yeshua doing His Father's will not his own.

As to Trinity: yes I can draw the diagrams  and recite this and that, but I also remember God did not when He first called me  ask me to learn recite any of that. He just called me. I experienced it, but had no vocabulary for it at all. Evidently it wasn't necessary.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

13 hours ago, OneLight said:

Matthew, Mark and Luke all record the veil of the temple being torn from top to bottom,

the veil that separated us from God. 

There is now no more separation from His people to Him directly. 

You don't need to be uncomfortable praying to the Father directly. 

Even Jesus example of prayer starts out addressing the Father in heaven.

Matthew 27:51 says, "Behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent."

>>This curtain separated the second room called the Holy of Holies from the first room, the Holy Place. 

@OneLight

In your second paragraph in your quoted post you stated:

"OneLight said: "the veil that separated us from God". 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  266
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

My understanding is we can only worship the Father through the Son, or the Father only sees us through the Son.

Thoughts?

I think that Jesus is the great example.  He always prayed to the Father and would direct attention to God instead of himself.

Thoughts?

In your first paragraph you are referring to worshiping God....many has suggested that we should worship God in the same way that Jesus worship, that Jesus is our example of how to worship God...

Considering that Jesus lived and ministered to people within the boundaries of the Sinai Covenant...and the same thing for his disciples who were also restricted by the boundaries of the Old Covenant....while they were with Jesus and before his death on the Cross...

How did the disciples and the Jews worship God before  they met Jesus. And after they met him...and how after his death and resurrection.  

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Amigo42 said:

I think that Jesus is the great example.  He always prayed to the Father and would direct attention to God instead of himself.

Jesus prayed to the Heavenly Father because there was not anyone else to pray to...

The Jews and count the disciples with them they did not know the Heavenly Father because the Heavenly Father was waiting to be reveal to them through Jesus Christ..

David needs to be congratulated because he said: the Lord said to my Lord sit at my right hand till I make your enemies your footstool.  

Every knee shal bow down to the one who has a name above every other name and this is the name of Jesus.  .

Jesus was obedient to the Heavenly Father in every way the Heavenly Father had asked him to be...

After Jesus Christ was made Lord of Lords and King of kings and has his own Throne he never risks to be disobedient to the Heavenly Father because the Heavenly Father has given him the reigns to rule the Kingdom...

He never again has to asked Jesus Christ what to do...and that comes that Jesus Christ never risks to disobeyed the Heavenly Father...

There is a reason why he is called "HEAVENLY FATHER".

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/6/2023 at 10:33 PM, JohnD said:

There is still only one God.

Like a human being is body soul spirit (tripartite having three different parts to make the whole)

But God is three identical parts a triunity (trinity) of three equal Persons who comprises the one God.

So a monotheist is actually worshipping three God then correct?

This is how I tend to see it.

10 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Interesting question; I suppose more and more as I have experienced God now over some 42+ years , I "focus" upon the lead (of me) by the Holy Spirit;  and so I tend think upon the agency of the Holy Spirit in relationship to  my Lord and Savior Yeshua doing His Father's will not his own.

As to Trinity: yes I can draw the diagrams  and recite this and that, but I also remember God did not when He first called me  ask me to learn recite any of that. He just called me. I experienced it, but had no vocabulary for it at all. Evidently it wasn't necessary.

This is why I believe it is often easier for a person not trained in any persuasion to come to God. There are not concepts to be aware of, other than that God has reached out to them. I don't see this as ignorant acceptance, I see it as uncomplicated acceptance, since apparently it is impossible to address one without addressing all three.

3 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Jesus prayed to the Heavenly Father because there was not anyone else to pray to...

The Jews and count the disciples with them they did not know the Heavenly Father because the Heavenly Father was waiting to be reveal to them through Jesus Christ..

David needs to be congratulated because he said: the Lord said to my Lord sit at my right hand till I make your enemies your footstool.  

Every knee shal bow down to the one who has a name above every other name and this is the name of Jesus.  .

Jesus was obedient to the Heavenly Father in every way the Heavenly Father had asked him to be...

After Jesus Christ was made Lord of Lords and King of kings and has his own Throne he never risks to be disobedient to the Heavenly Father because the Heavenly Father has given him the reigns to rule the Kingdom...

He never again has to asked Jesus Christ what to do...and that comes that Jesus Christ never risks to disobeyed the Heavenly Father...

There is a reason why he is called "HEAVENLY FATHER".

Not attempting to perpetuate the apparent, but I think some of this depends on how we see it. 

If there was no differentiation between the parts of God, there would be little need to have different titles such as Father , Son, and Holy Spirit.

The fact that we have titles tells us something significant. The idea here is maybe to see what God is telling us by using those titles. When we think of Fathers and Sons we see that one came before the other and that one has authority over the other. Jesus perpetuated this idea while He was on earth when He referred to His Father.

Disclaimer- I am aware there are scriptures establishing Jesus existence BEFORE He was born, so possibly the idea of who came first is not a concept in alignment with worldly sons/fathers.

• Interesting! 1

• Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,589
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

4 minutes ago, Starise said:

This is why I believe it is often easier for a person not trained in any persuasion to come to God. There are not concepts to be aware of, other than that God has reached out to them. I don't see this as ignorant acceptance, I see it as uncomplicated acceptance, since apparently it is impossible to address one without addressing all three.

Not attempting to perpetuate the apparent, but I think some of this depends on how we see it. 

If there was no differentiation between the parts of God, there would be little need to have different titles such as Father , Son, and Holy Spirit.

The fact that we have titles tells us something significant. The idea here is maybe to see what God is telling us by using those titles. When we think of Fathers and Sons we see that one came before the other and that one has authority over the other. Jesus perpetuated this idea while He was on earth when He referred to His Father.

Disclaimer- I am aware there are scriptures establishing Jesus existence BEFORE He was born, so possibly the idea of who came first is not a concept in alignment with worldly sons/fathers.

It is also foreign (to me anyway) the whole idea of a kingship, a royal line, heritage, etc. So the wording of the Bible as it relates to mankind under  God leaves me with not one unfamiliar characteristic, but two.  

The idea of the wedding feast and of Kings and their powers requires a lot of me. That my Lord is off preparing a wedding cottage ( A honeymoon cottage )  for His bride takes a little, no a lot of work, for me to pick up on. But that is the never ending pleasure to be found in reading praying upon , thinking and reading yet again and again from the Bible. 

Then to find the Holy Spirit bringing forward that word at just the perfect timing for my own enlightenment always astounds me.