• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

12 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

I congratulate you for trying to defend what you are standing for but I am not attacking you, you should not feel that I am your adversary  

You have brought John 1 5:7,,

You did not include the Version of the bible...because there is a discussion about that scripture...why did you not copy and paste from another version that say that they are three that give witness the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.  

No one ever has said anything against that...

What we should do is to discuss what does want to say when it says all three are one....You should be the first one as it is you who brought up.

Never said you were my enemy or adversary.  Why do you feel I see you that way?  I will admit that I do have a hard time understanding what you are saying from time to time by how you word your thoughts, but that does not make you my adversary.

There has been many brothers and sisters bringing scripture to you showing biblical proof of the Trinity.  The idea is to show proof that the Trinity, not Dualism, the how scripture portrays the Godhead.  I'm not here to argue about which manuscript should or should not be used, if marginal notes should be included, or which translation is most accurate, but that the Holy Spirit is part of the Trinity.  That is a subject for another thread.  Yet, even if I did choose another version that excluded the Textus Receptus, the other manuscripts include the Holy Spirit as an authoritative deity as He is found testifying, or bearing witness as one.

As for who brought the subject up first, it wasn't me.  Look at the title of the thread.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

11 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

In the scriptures we have both the general reference is the Holy Spirit as it is also the reference to the  Evil Spirit in another text.

I noticed you posted this in a reply to Mama Etna.  Would you provide where in scripture that the Holy Spirit is referenced to the Evil Spirit?  If you would provide the reference I can read it to see in what context it is being used.  It sounds like you are saying that the Holy Spirit is also referenced as the Evil Spirit.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  873
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, OneLight said:

The idea is to show proof that the Trinity, not Dualism, the how scripture portrays the Godhead. 

Among other things, we have imagery. God creates man in the image of God, and man turns out to be a family being with three basic persons > father, child, mother . . . like, I see, Father and His Son and the Holy Spirit > three Persons of family caring and sharing love.

And the main thing is how love is, not mainly how you explain this.

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,793
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  130
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Think of it this way ... we are a TRI-PART being ...

1Th 5:23  And may the God of peace Himself sanctify you, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blamelessly at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 

And we are made in the image of God ... so God is represented as a Tri-Unified being in Scriptures.

We see clearly that God is the FATHER ... and the SPIRIT is FROM the FATHER sent to us to REVEAL to US HIS SON!

While its a concept that may be difficult to comprehend entirely, the Scriptures do not lie ... they reveal the God whom we worship and He represents Himself in this manner. 

You see everything in 3s ... Holy, Holy, Holy ... Abraham, Issac and Jacob ...  even the negative side of things you see 3s ... Satan, the Beast (antichrist), and the False Prophet.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,878
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

4 hours ago, George said:

Think of it this way ... we are a TRI-PART being ...

1Th 5:23  And may the God of peace Himself sanctify you, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blamelessly at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 

And we are made in the image of God ... so God is represented as a Tri-Unified being in Scriptures.

We see clearly that God is the FATHER ... and the SPIRIT is FROM the FATHER sent to us to REVEAL to US HIS SON!

While its a concept that may be difficult to comprehend entirely, the Scriptures do not lie ... they reveal the God whom we worship and He represents Himself in this manner. 

You see everything in 3s ... Holy, Holy, Holy ... Abraham, Issac and Jacob ...  even the negative side of things you see 3s ... Satan, the Beast (antichrist), and the False Prophet.

Interesting. 

"And we are made in the image of God ".

The people got to Know that there are many Gods and they got to know their image.

And the people found themselves in Egypt a Land with many Gods...

And the Israelites got to know their Gods and they got to know their image and it was just when we look at the letters of the alphabet...when we identify the image of "A" then we say this is the "A" or the "B" and the same it was for the pantheon of the Egyptians Gods, they were able to looked at their image and identity by their image the God the image was representing. 

The Israelites in the dessert they made the image of the Golden Calf, an image of one of the Egyptians Gods.

(Mentioned in Exodus 32 and I Kings 12 in the Old Testament, worship of the golden calf is seen as a supreme act of apostasy, the rejection of a faith once confessed. The figure is probably a representation of the Egyptian bull god Apis in the earlier period and of the Canaanite fertility god Baal in the latter.) 

Looking at the image of this God and looking in the image of our selves we can tell with confidence that this is not the God who created us...

Every religion had their own creation story....and we have the Creation of Man...

The Lord told them not to make an image of him, because he was their God and because no one has seen him and they do not know how his image is...

In other words he was not any one of the Gods of the Egyptians or anyone of the Pharaohs who had died and the Egyptians believed that they were made into Gods after they died they believed that they were Deities-Gods. 

The point for them is not to make an image of  the Lord for many reasons and we will get to know of the reasons as we go along...one of the points is that the Lord let them have reminders and warnings..

When the High Priest enter the Most Holy place or the forbidden place he enter with the smoker and the whole place was filled with smoke and when the Lord came down in the mercy sit the High Preist could not see him and could only feel his presence and a tremendous fear should have come upon him..being in the same room as the Lord and feeling his presence...it was something that only he could experience....the first time should have been a very fearful experience but eventually he would have gotten use to it and was expecting how it was to be in his presence but he never show him because the room was full of smoke and the Lord will not come till the room was full with smoke. This is telling us that the Lord was not there all the time...that he descend there on the Mercy sit to Judge the people...

Here we see the one who was appointed to be the Judge of the whole world, the Son of Man....Jehovah who was the Judge of the Nation of Israel after his death on the Cross and thus providing the forgiveness for the sins of the whole world and a lot more than that, many of the things that were promised but the Law could not give as opening the way to the Haevenly Father and the Heavenly Inheritance and the partaking of the SpiritofGod. (if someone can understand what that means) and for that reason and others he can be the Judge of the whole world..before he was the Judge only for the people he had provided for the forgiveness of their sins through the blood of the sacrificial animals...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,059
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

WHO  IS  THE  HELPER ???

JOHN 15:5  I am the vine you are the branches  --he that abideth in  ME  and I in him--the same bringeth forth much fruit  --FOR  WITHOUT   ME  --YOU CAN DO NOTHING--

JOHN 14:6  JESUS saith unto him  --I am the way -- the truth  --  and the life--  no man cometh unto  --THE  FATHER--   BUT  BY  ME --

JOHN 14:14  --IF--  YOU  SHALL  ASK  ANYTHING  IN   --MY  NAME--   I WILL DO IT --

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  268
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,229
  • Content Per Day:  3.48
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On 1/7/2023 at 11:18 AM, Starise said:

I am asking how you all communicate in prayer to God and why? More specifically WHO do you address prayer to? I am asking how you all view the trinity which would affect how you pray and direct communication to God. I am also asking if there is any indication in God's eyes for how HE prefers we address Him, because THAT is the most important.

Lastly, to make sense of worshipping a God that contains three different parts, how would you describe the way we worship God as a single being when there are three to someone who is a monotheist?

Hi Starise,

Interesting comments on this thread. So, now the `worship` has broadened to `communicate` in prayer to God. Good, I`d like to share my thoughts as well.

When I speak to the Father I speak of His greatness, majesty, almightiness, and thank Him for sending Jesus to reveal Him and die for us. 

Then when I speak to the Lord Jesus, I am mindful that He is Head of the Body and is the one who is overseeing the building and maturing of His Body. I speak of needs I see with those I am mentoring and of any areas in my life that the Holy Spirit has highlighted needing repentance and change.

I also thank Him for my salvation and what He has been and is doing in my life.   

When I worship, I give thanks, praise and worship to God, (all three). 

• Thanks 2
  • Praise God! 1

On 1/7/2023 at 11:18 AM, Starise said:

Lastly, to make sense of worshipping a God that contains three different parts, how would you describe the way we worship God as a single being when there are three to someone who is a monotheist?

Hi again Starise,

For there to be harmony say in music, there are three notes when sung or played together giving a blended sound. Or in tuning a piano a single note has three strings to give it the one sound. 

For this to be possible the ultimate needs to be so - thus the Trinity. 

If it was just one being it would be a dictator, or two beings, just a partnership, whereas three beings in unity and of one mind reveal the harmony of the Godhead. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,878
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

13 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi again Starise,

For there to be harmony say in music, there are three notes when sung or played together giving a blended sound. Or in tuning a piano a single note has three strings to give it the one sound. 

For this to be possible the ultimate needs to be so - thus the Trinity. 

If it was just one being it would be a dictator, or two beings, just a partnership, whereas three beings in unity and of one mind reveal the harmony of the Godhead. 

@Marilyn C

Hi Marilyn C, thank you for your earlier post. And I have something to ask.  

I wanted to ask this for some time and this is about the word "the Godhead", please if you could say a few words as to what we are supposed to think....when we come across this word...

Edited by Your closest friendnt

37 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

@Marilyn C

Hi Marilyn C, thank you for your earlier post. And I have something to ask.  

I wanted to ask this for some time and this is about the word "the Godhead", please if you could say a few words as to what we are supposed to think....when we come across this word...

Fine, thank you for asking.

Divine  Procession.

Godhead  - At the source there is the provision by the whole Godhead,

Father - with the initial movement of the Father;

Son - the administration of the Son;

Holy Spirit - and the direct agency of the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit proceeds

* from the Father and

* from the Son and

* so through the Body of Christ and it members.

• Thumbs Up 1