IGNORED

A Christians' Mission & Responsibility to Save America?

Vine Abider

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.49
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

The chosen of God have always been a relatively small number. Some wheat and lots of tares. When an onslaught of evil, such as what is happening comes along, those who are christian in name only are carried away leaving those ‘In Christ’ to look around and wonder…what happened. But the Lord uses this to drive His own closer to Him and relying on Him alone.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  204
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,477
  • Content Per Day:  6.15
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

4 hours ago, BibleStudent100 said:

Vine, everything you have articulated is spot on!  As a high school teacher and community college instructor in the state of California, I am in the middle of the fray of transgenderism and so I am constantly surrounded by proponents of this anti-god trend.  But I say very little, as those who promote the non-binary agenda are zealots and their minds are made up.  Maybe they will change one day, but that is a realization they they have to come to along with an acceptance of Christ.  A colleague of mine said to me last week that those who oppose the trans movement are like "Christian Taliban."  If someone truly believes that, then he/she/they (pronouns get confusing) are indeed alienated from the Truths of the Word.  Yes, these people can repent and change as 1 Corinthians 6:9,10 says that "some of you were that way" in referencing to past sin, but this extreme belief system of accepting and now promoting non-binary issues is in our faces everyday.  

Jesus himself focused on the message of truth: God's Kingdom.  He did not get embroiled in the raucous and "left-leaning" issues of the day.  We become righteously indignant, of course, when we observe these anti-Biblical teachings, but each one must carry his own load and make decisions for himself and his family.  Years ago, I home-schooled my children to avoid exposing them to issues like the "trans movement," which is much worse today.  I fear so many good Christian will invest too much time in trying to change what can not be changed.  

I finish with Jeremiah 13:23:  "Can a leopard change its spots?"  Some movements and even people are irreformable...

Thanks for relating your experience! I spent a few years, back in the late 1980s & early 90s, working in California as a consultant/contractor to a school system. Things were not as bad at that time and we were in a more conservative areas, but you could certainly see the seeds growing.  I watched the school's administration there absolutely lay down and give all their authority to the teachers' and classified workers' unions - the unions ran the district.

And then the level of government intervention into everything was astounding!  The liberals were having a field day there, and still are.  Watching from Arizona, we see so much happening there that we don't want here!  (trouble is, Californians keep moving here and voting accordingly . . .)

But our hope is not in this world or its governments, but rather our hope is in the King!  So we pray and witness as the opportunity arises, and leave the rest to Him.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  775
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,950
  • Content Per Day:  3.05
  • Days Won:  1

On 5/22/2023 at 8:57 AM, Marathoner said:

No nation on this earth is great. Only one nation is great: the kingdom of God. 

America is great for the rich American. 😁😁😁

@Ghostdog

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  961
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,693
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Everyone in America is rich.

Rich in opportunity, rich  in privileges aplenty, rich in duty, rich in spirit of it's many peoples.  

It is indeed glorious to have been so privileged by God to be an American,  an heir of such grand people as came before me and to have such duty as to honor their many sacrifices made for all Americans and for much  of the world, all under God's sovereignty.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

• Topic Count:  248
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  4,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.55
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  10/04/1980

ill still take being candian over being american anyday

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,119
  • Content Per Day:  9.68
  • Days Won:  149

And that's just fine. We are running out of room over here as it is.:)

You have a mighty military over there-

b9ca7d87fc4835bc856cac208059326d--army-funny-funny-military.jpg

• Haha 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.49
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

I have always thought of North America…US and Canada as one people under two governments.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  775
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,950
  • Content Per Day:  3.05
  • Days Won:  1

On 1/7/2023 at 4:56 AM, Vine Abider said:

I've had this kind of notion presented to me twice this week.  The first time was with my unbelieving sister-in-law.  She is quite disturbed by the whole transgenderism in schools debacle, and wants to share a good deal of related things with me and my wife, along with a plethora of right-wing political information she says we should know about in depth and get ourselves involved with so we can stop the far left agenda.  My wife and I are both pretty conservative and don't for a moment condone the in-your-face LGBTQ (am I missing any letters?) agenda and especially as it relates to this sickening transgender promotion in our schools, etc. 

We do hear about how strongly this agenda is being promoted from a church couple, who have been completely ostracized from their grandchildren, just because they do not wholeheartedly approve and support the transgender efforts of one of their granddaughters.  

I told my sister-in-law that I am certainly aware of this and fully against these things.  But she said that if someone is not actively involved in doing something about it, they are basically guilty of letting it happen, and that we should be jumping into the fray (like her) with great zeal and applied effort.  I told her I have elected to put my energies elsewhere, but will certainly vote my conscience and speak against this agenda as the opportunity arises.  This probably puzzled her a bit as she knows my faith in Christ, and probably wondered why I wouldn't be vehemently fighting this evil thing. (I wish I had simply said that my hope is in Christ alone and I didn't feel called or lead by the Lord to expend significant  time and energy in the specific effort she spoke of . . . however, I do intend to have that witnessing conversation with her soon - Lord help me!)

The second exposure to the idea (that it's a Christian's responsibility to save America) came in listening to Christian radio yesterday.  I don't know what the exact program was or who the brother being interviewed was (he has a new book out on the subject), but he was strenuously exhorting all Christians that God would judge them if they didn't get out there and oppose the far-left agenda in any way possible.  He used that phrase, about God judging Christians for not stepping up to save America, several times.

It was then that this question came to me: Is it a Christian's mission and responsibility to save America?  I remember reading and seeing things about the Moral Majority movement back in the 1980s and 90s, and the ramifications about Christians getting into bed with the political world.  One book, by Cal Thomas & Ed Dobson (Moral Majority leaders) was called, "Blinded by Might - Why the religious right can't save America." It delved into how corrupting the religious and political marriage became, and how just trying to change the country's laws and people's moral's won't save anyone (Hint - only Christ can do that).  Cal & Ed talk about how the church got seriously derailed from its true mission, which is living and witnessing the power of the living Lord.  Did Jesus rail against the brutal and pagan Roman Empire and try to change it outwardly?  If so, I haven't found that example in the New Testament.  In fact Paul says in 1 Corinthians 5:12-13, "For what business of mine is it to judge outsiders? Do you not judge those who are within the church? But those who are outside, God judges."

So as for myself, I don't believe I am called, not is it my mission to "save" America.  (Sure, I love this country, becasue I believe that it was established with God's providence by God fearing men in godly wisdom; I do hope and pray for another Great Awakening.)   I am called to be a member in His body, to pursue Christ and love and build up others in the body.  I am called to be "faithful in a few things" that He has given meBut this is one of those things I don't sense His leading to do, that is, jump wholeheartedly into the political fray.  In fact, I used to put a lot of hope in the political realm and was once much like my sister-in-law in that respect.  I was a passionate and outspoken critic of the far-left agenda to anyone who would listen (and to some who wouldn't).  How many did that save into the kingdom of the Son of His love?  To my knowledge . . . not one.

"And the government will be on HIS shoulder . . . of the greatness of

HIS government and peace    there will be no end."

Isaiah 9:6-7

How bout saving and loving your neighbour first ?

• Topic Count:  248
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  4,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.55
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  10/04/1980

34 minutes ago, Starise said:

And that's just fine. We are running out of room over here as it is.:)

You have a mighty military over there-

b9ca7d87fc4835bc856cac208059326d--army-funny-funny-military.jpg

well we are the only country in the world thats never been defeated in battle

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,119
  • Content Per Day:  9.68
  • Days Won:  149

Well geesh you have to fight to be defeated.:)

• Haha 1