• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,364
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Diaste said:

Interesting. I'd very much like to see an example.

We need to be very careful in our dealing with this specific prophecy, as it is dealing with
two persons at the same time. This is Hebrew literary style when it is best. I shall try to show it;
but I do not know how good I will be at it.
If one is reading the Psalms, they can be constructed in 4 different ways:
1. Synonymous parallels.
A. He maketh the storm a calm,
A. So that the waves thereof are still.
2. Antithetical parallels.
A. The Lord knows the way of the righteous,
B. but the way of the wicked will perish.
3. Synthetic parallels. Sometimes the second line simply adds to or completes the thought
of the first line.
A. As a doe longs for running streams,
B. so longs my soul for you, my God.
(Ps. 42:1)
4. Alternating parallels. As you become more aware of what to look for, you will often
find two related ideas alternating with each other and extending through several verses. Psalm
37:3-5 provides an illustration.

A. Trust in the Lord, and do good;
B. so you will dwell in the land and enjoy security.
A. Take delight in the Lord,
B. and he will give you the desires of your heart.
A. Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him,
B. and he will act.

I'll get back to you with a bit more, specifically pertaining to Daniel's 70 weeks.

Edited by Uriah
sp

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  145
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

9 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, bloom.

Sorry? I think you've misspoken a bit. Did you really mean that "God worked through His church ENDING with Messiah's 3.5 year ministry and His final Sacrifice for all sins"? I'm thinking that's backwards. Wasn't it "BEGINNING with His 3.5 year ministry and His final Sacrifice for all sins"?

Are you suggesting that haSatan is MIMICKING Yeeshuwa`s 3.5-year ministry with a 3.5-year ministry of his own?

That's possible, I suppose, since anything is possible. But, is it supported anywhere by Scripture? I don't really think so.

The Judaism before his ministry was YHVH's chosen church, obviously the covenant was changed to include the new church. Luke 21:8 does refer to a MESSIAH correct? So does Luke 17:22-24. Where is the temple, where are the sacrifices? The current Israel is a Zionist creation, this is history. The current Judah is still looking for a messiah. What will the false prophet be preaching?    

56 minutes ago, bloom said:

The Judaism before his ministry was YHVH's chosen church, obviously the covenant was changed to include the new church. Luke 21:8 does refer to a MESSIAH correct? So does Luke 17:22-24. Where is the temple, where are the sacrifices? The current Israel is a Zionist creation, this is history. The current Judah is still looking for a messiah. What will the false prophet be preaching?    

John 5:43 is more specific to a false messiah.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  1,364
  • Content Per Day:  0.58

On 4/26/2023 at 5:32 AM, Diaste said:

an example

Now let us do the same with Daniel 9:25-27
"25 Know therefore and understand, [That] from the going forth of the command To
restore and build Jerusalem Until Messiah the Prince, [There shall be] seven weeks and sixty-two
weeks: The street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublesome times. 26 "And after the
sixty-two weeks Messiah shall be cut off, but not for Himself; And the people of the prince who
is to come Shall destroy the city and the sanctuary. The end of it [shall be] with a flood, And till
the end of the war desolations are determined. 27 Then he shall confirm a covenant with many
for one week. But in the middle of the week, He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering. And
on the wing of abominations shall be one who makes desolate, even until the consummation,
which is determined, is poured out on the desolate."
A. Messiah Prince to come
[1] Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the command To restore
and build Jerusalem Until Messiah the Prince,
[2] There shall be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks;
B. The city to be rebuilt
[1] The street shall be built again, and the wall,
[2] Even in troublesome times.
A. Messiah to be cut off
[2] And after the sixty-two weeks
[1] Messiah shall be cut off, but not for Himself;
B. Desolater Prince to destroy the city
[1] And the people of the prince who is to come Shall destroy the
city and the sanctuary.
[2] The end of it shall be with a flood, and till the end of the war desolations are determined.
A Messiah to terminate sacrifices
[1] Then he shall confirm a covenant with many
[2] for one week;
[2'] But in the middle of the week
[1'] He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering.
B The desolater prince to be destroyed
[2] And on the wing of abominations shall be one who makes desolate,
[1] Even until the consummation, which is determined, Is poured out on the desolate.
Do you see how the sections under the B headings alternate and contrast with the sections
under the A headings? Do you also see that each of the A sections is subdivided into statements
[1] about the Messiah and [2] about "weeks"? And that the B sections, which introduce us to the
desolater prince, are subdivided into statements [1] about construction and destruction and [2]
about distress and desolation?
The events in the A sections are unmistakably and intimately related to the seventy
weeks. They are expressly dated to the seventy weeks, and they fit the spiritual purposes of the
seventy weeks as announced in verse 24. The events in the B sections, however, are not
expressly timed to the seventy weeks. They imply that the Holy City, Jerusalem, will be rebuilt
within the allotted time, providing a place for Messiah to appear; but they are not explicitly
dated. Neither do they directly fulfill the spiritual purpose of the seventy weeks as announced in
verse 24.
Gods purpose Dan. 9:24
A. Termination of sin through atonement
B. Introduction of everlasting righteousness [through the cross at Jerusalem and the sanctuary in
heaven]
At the end of 7+62 weeks
Messiah to arrive
After the 7+62 weeks
Messiah to be cut off
During the 70th week
Messiah to keep covenant
In the middle of the 70th week
Messiah to stop sacrifices
B EVENTS RELATED TO THE 70 WEEKS, - NOT CONFINED TO THEM (9:25-27)

It is important to pay close attention to the last statement above. I still like the analogy of the train tracks. Staying between the two rails and traveling through time. A character/event on one side, a bit further the same on the other side. 

My apologies for the broken off sentences. I simply copied and pasted form my eBook. I credit an unknown online blogger from quite a few years ago for posting the Alternating Parallels work you have seen here. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,605
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

On 4/26/2023 at 8:17 AM, bloom said:

Shalom, bloom.

Actually Luke 21 does refer to the Messiah, just not in verse 8. Here's some work I did on the Olivet Discourse long ago:

A Paraphrase of the Harmony of Matthew 24 and 25,

Mark 13, and Luke 21

By Adam C. Koraim

2/9/06

First, here I present the harmony I pieced together on 2/7/06 from the passages as translated by David H. Stern in the Complete Jewish Bible: 

241131As Yeshua came out of and left the Temple and was going away, his talmidim came and called his attention to its buildings. One of the talmidim said to him, “Look, Rabbi! What huge stones! What magnificent buildings!” 215As some people were remarking about the Temple, how beautiful its stonework and memorial decorations were, 2But Yeshuaanswered them, and said to him, 2You see all these great buildings? Yes! I tell you, 6The time is coming when what you see here, they will be totally destroyed—not a single stone will be left standing!”

3As and when he was sitting on the Mount of Olives opposite the Temple, the talmidim, Kefa, Ya’acov, Yochanan and Andrew came to him and asked him privately, 7“Rabbi, if this is so, 4tell us, when will these things happen? when will these events take place? And what sign will show that they are about to happen when all these things are about to be accomplished? And what will be the sign that you are coming, and that the ‘olam hazeh is ending?”

5Yeshua began speaking to them: 4Yeshua replied: 8He answered,

“Watch out! Don’t let anyone fool you! Don’t be fooled! For many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am he! I am the Messiah!’ and, ‘The time has come!’ and they will fool many people and they will lead many astray. 6You will hear the noise of wars nearby and the news of wars far off; 9And when you hear the noise of wars nearby and the news of wars far off and revolutions, see to it that you don’t become frightened; don’t panic. For these things must happen first, but the end will not follow immediately; Such things must happen, but the end is yet to come.”

10Then he told them, 78For peoples will fight each other, and nations will fight each other, and there will be greatearthquakes in various places, various parts of the world; there will be epidemics and famines in various places, and there will be fearful sights and great signs from Heaven; 8all this is but the beginning of the ‘birth-pains.’

912 “But you, before all this, they will arrest you and persecute you, handing you over to the synagogues and prisons; watch yourselves! 9At that time you will be arrested and handed over to be punished and put to death. They will hand you over to the local Sanhedrins, you will be beaten up in synagogues, and you will be brought before kings and governors, and on my account you will stand before governors and kings as witnesses to them, and all peoples will hate you because of me. This will all be on account of me, 13but it will prove an opportunity for you to bear witness. 10At that time many will be trapped into betraying and hating each other, 11many false prophets will appear and fool many people; 12and many people’s love will grow cold because of increased distance from Torah. 10Indeed, the Good News has to be proclaimed first to all the Goyim. 11Now when they arrest you and bring you to trial, don’t worry beforehand about what to say. Rather, say whatever is given you when the time comes; for it will not be just you speaking, but the Ruach HaKodesh.14So make up your minds not to worry, rehearsing your defense beforehand; 15for I myself will give you an eloquence and a wisdom that no adversary will be able to resist or refute. 12Brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child; children will turn against their parents and have them put to death; 16You will be betrayed even by parents, brothers, relatives and friends; some of you they will have put to death;  1317and everyone will hate you because of me. 18But not a hair of your head will be lost. 19By standing firm you will save your lives. 13But whoever holds out till the end will be delivered. 14And this Good News about the Kingdom will be announced throughout the whole world as a witness to all the Goyim. It is then that the end will come.

20“However, when you see Yerushalayim surrounded by armies, then you are to understand that she is about to be destroyed. 15“So 14now when you see the abomination that causes devastation spoken about through the prophet Dani’el standing in the Holy Place where it ought not to be (let the reader understand the allusion), 16“that will be the time for those in Y’hudah to escape to the hills. 21Those in Y’hudah must escape to the hills, those inside the city must get out, and those in the country must not enter it. 1715If someone is on the roof, he must not go down and enter his house to take any of his belongings; to gather his belongings from his house; 1816if someone is in the field, he must not turn back to get his coat. 22For these are the days of vengeance, when everything that has been written in the Tanakh will come true. 191723What a terrible time it will be for pregnant women and nursing mothers! 18Pray that it may not happen in winter.20Pray that you will not have to escape in winter or on Shabbat. For there will be great distress in the Land and judgment on the people. 2119For there will be trouble then worse than there has ever been from the beginning of the world, when God created the universe, until now, and there will be nothing like it again! 2220Indeed, if God had not limited the duration of the trouble, no one would survive; but for the sake of the elect, those whom he has chosen, he has limited it.

2321“At that time, if anyone says to you, ‘Look! Here’s the Messiah!’ or, ‘See, there he is!’—don’t believe him! 24For 22there will appear false Messiahs and false prophets performing signs and wonders—great miracles—amazing things!—for the purpose to fool even the chosen, if possible, of misleading the chosen. 23But you, watch out! 25There! I have told you in advance! 26So if people say to you, ‘Listen! He’s out in the desert!’ don’t go; or, ‘Look! He’s hidden away in a secret room!’ don’t believe it. 27For when the Son of Man does come, it will be like lightning that flashes out of the east and fills the sky to the western horizon. 28Wherever there’s a dead body, that’s where you find the vultures. 24Some will fall by the edge of the sword, others will be carried into all the countries of the Goyim, and Yerushalayim will be trampled down by the Goyim until the age of the Goyim has run its course.

29 “But immediately following the trouble of those times, 24in those days, after the trouble, 25there will appear signs in the sun, moon and stars;

the sun will grow dark,

the moon will stop shining,

25the stars will fall from the sky, and

on earth, nations will be in anxiety and bewilderment at the sound and surge of the sea, 26as people faint with fear at the prospect of what is overtaking the world; for the powers in heaven will be shaken.

3027And 26then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, all the tribes of the Land will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud [and] on the clouds of heaven with tremendous power and glory. 28When these things start to happen, stand up and hold your heads high; because you are about to be liberated!”  3127He will send out his angels with a great shofar; and they will gather together his chosen people from the four winds, from the ends of the earth to the ends of heaven, from one end of heaven to the other. 

29Then he told them a parable: 32“Now let the fig tree teach you its lesson: Look at the fig tree, when its branches begin to sprout and leaves appear, you know that summer is approaching. Indeed, all the trees. 30As soon as they sprout leaves, you can see for yourselves that summer is near. 3331In the same way, when you see all these things taking place, you are to know that the time is near, right at the door, the Kingdom of God is near! 3432Yes! I tell you that this people will certainly not pass away before it has all happened, before all these things happen. 353133Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never—certainly not—pass away. 36“But 32However, when that day and hour will come, no one knows—not the angels in heaven, not the Son, just only the Father. 37For the Son of Man’s coming will be just as it was in the days of Noach. 38Back then, before the Flood, people went on eating and drinking, taking wives and becoming wives, right up till the day Noach entered the ark; 39and they didn’t know what was happening until the Flood came and swept them all away. It will be just like that when the Son of Man comes. 40Then there will be two men in a field—one will be taken and the other left behind. 41There will be two women grinding flour at the mill—one will be taken and the other left behind. 42So stay alert, because you don’t know on what day your Lord will come. 33Stay alert! Be on your guard! For you do not know when the time will come. 43But you do know this: had the owner of the house known when the thief was coming, he would have stayed awake and not allowed his house to be broken into. 44Therefore you too must always be ready, for the Son of Man will come when you are not expecting him.

34“It’s like a man who travels away from home, puts his servants in charge, each with his own task, and tells the doorkeeper to stay alert. 45“Who is the faithful and sensible servant whose master puts him in charge of the household staff, to give them their food at the proper time? 46It will go well with that servant if he is found doing his job when his master comes. 47Yes, I tell you that he will put him in charge of all he owns. 48But if that servant is wicked and says to himself, ‘My master is taking his time’; 49and he starts beating up his fellow servants and spends his time eating and drinking with drunkards; 50then his master will come on a day the servant does not expect, at a time he doesn’t know; 51and he will cut him in two and put him with the hypocrites, where people will wail and grind their teeth! 35So stay alert! for you don’t know when the owner of the house will come, 36whether it will be evening, midnight, cockcrow or morning—you don’t want him to come suddenly and find you sleeping! 34“But keep watch on yourselves, or your hearts will become dulled by carousing, drunkenness and the worries of everyday living, and that Day will be sprung upon you suddenly like a trap! 35For it will close in on everyone, no matter where they live, throughout the whole world. 251“The Kingdom of Heaven at that time will be like ten bridesmaids who took their lamps and went out to meet the groom. 2Five of them were foolish and five were sensible. 3The foolish ones took lamps with them but no oil, 4whereas the others took flasks of oil with their lamps. 5Now the bridegroom was late, so they all went to sleep. 6It was the middle of the night when the cry rang out, ‘The bridegroom is here! Go out to meet him!’ 7The girls all woke up and prepared their lamps for lighting. 8The foolish ones said to the sensible ones, ‘Give us some of your oil, because our lamps are going out.’ 9‘No,’ they replied, ‘there may not be enough for both you and us. Go to the oil dealers and buy some for yourselves.’ 10But as they were going off to buy, the bridegroom came. Those who were ready went with him to the wedding feast, and the door was shut. 11Later, the other bridesmaids came. ‘Sir! Sir!’ they cried, ‘Let us in!’ 12But he answered, ‘Indeed! I tell you, I don’t know you!’ 13So stay alert, because you know neither the day nor the hour. 37And what I say to you, I say to everyone: stay alert!”

14“For it will be like a man about to leave home for awhile, who entrusted his possessions to his servants. 15To one he gave five talents [equivalent to a hundred years’ wages]; to another, two talents; and to another, one talent—to each according to his ability. Then he left. 16The one who had received five talents immediately went out, invested it and earned another five. 17Similarly, the one given two earned another two. 18But the one given one talent went off, dug a hole in the ground and hid his master’s money.

19“After a long time, the master of those servants returned to settle accounts with them. 20The one who had received five talents came forward bring the other five and said, ‘Sir, you gave me five talents; here, I have made five more.’ 21His master said to him, ‘Excellent! You are a good and trustworthy servant. You have been faithful with a small amount, so I will put you in charge of a large amount. Come and join in your master’s happiness!’ 22Also the one who had received two came forward and said, ‘Sir, you gave me two talents; here, I have made two more.’ 23His master said to him, ‘Excellent! You are a good and trustworthy servant. You have been faithful with a small amount, so I will put you in charge of a large amount. Come and join in your master’s happiness!’

24“Now the one who had received one talent came forward and said, ‘I knew you were a hard man. You harvest where you didn’t plant and gather where you didn’t sow seed. 25I was afraid, so I went and hid your talent in the ground. Here! Take what belongs to you!’ 26‘You wicked, lazy servant!’ said his master, ‘So you knew, did you, that I harvest where I haven’t planted? And that I gather where I didn’t sow seed? 27Then you should have deposited my money with the bankers, so that when I returned, I would at least have gotten back interest with my capital! 28Take the talent from him and give it to the one who has ten. 29For everyone who has something will be given more, so that he will have more than enough; but from anyone who has nothing, even what he does have will be taken away. 30As for this worthless servant, throw him out in the dark, where people will wail and grind their teeth!’

31“When the Son of Man comes in his glory, accompanied by all the angels, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32All the nations will be assembled before him, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates sheep from goats. 33The ‘sheep’ he will place at his right hand and the ‘goats’ at his left.

34“Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you whom my Father has blessed, take your inheritance, the Kingdom prepared for you from the founding of the world. 35For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you have me something to drink, I was a stranger and you made me your guest, 36I needed clothes and you provided them, I was sick and you took care of me, I was in prison and you visited me.’ 37Then the people who have done what God wants will reply, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38When did we see you a stranger and make you our guest, or needing clothes and provide them? 39When did we see you sick or in prison, and visit you?’ 40The King will say to them, ‘Yes! I tell you that whenever you did these things for one of the least important of these brothers of mine, you did them for me!’

41“Then he will also speak to those on his left, saying, ‘Get away from me, you who are cursed! Go off into the fire prepared for the Adversary and his angels! 42For I was hungry and you gave me no food, thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43a stranger and you did not welcome me, needing clothes and you did not give them to me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.’ 44Then they too will reply, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry, thirsty, a stranger, needing clothes, sick or in prison, and not take care of you?’ 45And he will answer them, ‘Yes! I tell you that whenever you refused to do it for the least important of these people, you refused to do it for me!’ 46They will go off to eternal punishment, but those who have done what God wants will go to eternal life.” 36Stay alert, always praying that you will have the strength to escape all the things that will happen and to stand in the presence of the Son of Man.”

Now, I will make some modifications using key words to which I’ve noticed that we have given inaccurate or at best incomplete definitions.

241131As Yeshua came out of and left the Temple and was going away, his talmidim came and called his attention to its buildings. One of the talmidim said to him, “Look, Rabbi! What huge stones! What magnificent buildings!” 215As some people were remarking about the Temple, how beautiful its stonework and memorial decorations were, 2But Yeshuaanswered them, and said to him, 2You see all these great buildings? Yes! I tell you, 6The time is coming when what you see here, they will be totally destroyed—not a single stone will be left standing!”

3As and when he was sitting on the Mount of Olives opposite the Temple, the talmidim, Kefa, Ya’acov, Yochanan and Andrew came to him and asked him privately, 7“Rabbi, if this is so, 4tell us, when will these things happen? when will these events take place? And what sign will show that they are about to happen when all these things are about to be accomplished? And what will be the sign that you are coming, and that the ‘olam hazeh is ending?”

“Watch out! Don’t let anyone fool you! Don’t be fooled! For many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am he! I am the Messiah!’ and, ‘The time has come!’ and they will fool many people and they will lead many astray. 6You will hear the noise of wars nearby and the news of wars far off; 9And when you hear the noise of wars nearby and the news of wars far off and revolutions, see to it that you don’t become frightened; don’t panic. For these things must happen first, but the end will not follow immediately; Such things must happen, but the end is yet to come.”

10Then he told them, 78For peoples will fight each other, and nations will fight each other, and there will be greatearthquakes in various places, various parts of the world; there will be epidemics and famines in various places, and there will be fearful sights and great signs from The sky; 8all this is but the beginning of the ‘birth-pains.’

912 “But you, before all this, they will arrest you and persecute you, handing you over to the synagogues and prisons; watch yourselves! 9At that time you will be arrested and handed over to be punished and put to death. They will hand you over to the local Sanhedrins, you will be beaten up in synagogues, and you will be brought before kings and governors, and on my account you will stand before governors and kings as witnesses to them, and all peoples will hate you because of me. This will all be on account of me, 13but it will prove an opportunity for you to bear witness. 10At that time many will be trapped into betraying and hating each other, 11many false prophets will appear and fool many people; 12and many people’s love will grow cold because of increased distance from Torah. 10Indeed, the Good News has to be proclaimed first to all the Goyim. 11Now when they arrest you and bring you to trial, don’t worry beforehand about what to say. Rather, say whatever is given you when the time comes; for it will not be just you speaking, but the Ruach HaKodesh.14So make up your minds not to worry, rehearsing your defense beforehand; 15for I myself will give you an eloquence and a wisdom that no adversary will be able to resist or refute. 12Brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child; children will turn against their parents and have them put to death; 16You will be betrayed even by parents, brothers, relatives and friends; some of you they will have put to death;  1317and everyone will hate you because of me. 18But not a hair of your head will be lost. 19By standing firm you will save your lives. 13But whoever holds out till the end will be delivered. 14And this Good News about the Kingdom will be announced throughout the whole world as a witness to all the Goyim. It is then that the end will come.

20“However, when you see Yerushalayim surrounded by armies, then you are to understand that she is about to be destroyed. 15“So 14now when you see the abomination that causes devastation spoken about through the prophet Dani’el standing in the Holy Place where it ought not to be [Daniel 9:27, 11:31, 12:11] (let the reader understand the allusion), 16“that will be the time for those in Y’hudah to escape to the hills. 21Those in Y’hudah must escape to the hills, those inside the city must get out, and those in the country must not enter it. 1715If someone is on the roof, he must not godown and enter his house to take any of his belongings; to gather his belongings from his house; 1816if someone is in the field, he must not turn back to get his coat. 22For these are the days of vengeance, when everything that has been written in the Tanakh will come true. 191723What a terrible time it will be for pregnant women and nursing mothers! 18Pray that it may not happen in winter. 20Pray that you will not have to escape in winter or on Shabbat. For there will be great distress in the Land and judgment on the people. 2119For there will be trouble then worse than there has ever been from the beginning of the world, when God created the universe, until now, and there will be nothing like it again! [Joel 2:2, Daniel 12:1] 2220Indeed, if God had not limited the duration of the trouble, no one would survive; but for the sake of the elect, those whom he has chosen, he has limited it.

2321“At that time, if anyone says to you, ‘Look! Here’s the Messiah!’ or, ‘See, there he is!’—don’t believe him! 24For 22there will appear false Messiahs and false prophets performing signs and wonders—great miracles—amazing things!—for the purpose to fool even the chosen, if possible, of misleading the chosen. 23But you, watch out! 25There! I have told you in advance! 26So if people say to you, ‘Listen! He’s out in the desert!’ don’t go; or, ‘Look! He’s hidden away in a secret room!’ don’t believe it. 27For when the Son of Man does come, it will be like lightning that flashes out of the east and fills the sky to the western horizon. 28Wherever there’s a dead body, that’s where you find the vultures. 24Some will fall by the edge of the sword, others will be carried into all the countries of the Goyim, and Yerushalayim will be trampled down by the Goyim until the age of the Goyim has run its course.

29 “But immediately following the trouble of those times, 24in those days, after the trouble, 25there will appear signs in the sun, moon and stars;

the sun will grow dark,

the moon will stop shining, [Yesha‘yahu (Isaiah) 13:10; Yechezk’el (Ezekiel) 32:7; Yo’el (Joel) 2:10; 3:4(2:31); 4:15(3:15)]

on earth, nations will be in anxiety and bewilderment at the sound and surge of the sea, 26as people faint with fear at the prospect of what is overtaking the world; for the powers in the sky will be shaken. [Yesha‘yahu (Isaiah) 34:4; Hagai (Haggai) 2:6, 21]

3027And 26then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, all the tribes of the Land will mourn, [Z’kharyah (Zechariah) 12:10, 14] and they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud [and] on the clouds of the sky with tremendous power and glory. [Dani’el (Daniel) 7:13-14] 28When these things start to happen, stand up and hold your heads high; because you are about to be liberated!”  3127He will send out his messengers with a great shofar;[Yesha‘yahu (Isaiah) 27:13] and they will gather together his chosen people from the four winds, from the ends of the earth to the ends of the sky, from one end of the sky to the other. 

29Then he told them a parable: 32“Now let the fig tree teach you its lesson: Look at the fig tree, when its branches begin to sprout and leaves appear, you know that summer is approaching. Indeed, all the trees. 30As soon as they sprout leaves, you can see for yourselves that summer is near. 3331In the same way, when you see all these things taking place, you are to know that the time is near, right at the door, the Kingdom from God is near! 3432Yes! I tell you that this people will certainly not pass away before it has all happened, before all these things happen. 353133The sky and earth will pass away, but my words will never—certainly not—pass away. 36“But 32However, when that day and hour will come, no one knows—not the messengers in the sky, not the Son, just only the Father. 37For the Son of Man’s coming will be just as it was in the days of Noach. [The first time the sky and the earth passed away; see II Peter 3:5, 6.] 38Back then, before the Flood, people went on eating and drinking, taking wives and becoming wives, right up till the day Noach entered the ark; 39and they didn’t know what was happening until the Flood came and swept them all away. [B’resheet (Genesis) 7:1-24]It will be just like that when the Son of Man comes. 40Then there will be two men in a field—one will be taken and the other left behind. 41There will be two women grinding flour at the mill—one will be taken and the other left behind. 42So stay alert, because you do not know on what day your Master will come. 33Stay alert! Be on your guard! For you do not know when the time will come. 43But you do know this: had the owner of the house known when the thief was coming, he would have stayed awake and not allowed his house to be broken into. 44Therefore you too must always be ready, for the Son of Man will come when you are not expecting him.

34“It’s like a man who travels away from home, puts his servants in charge, each with his own task, and tells the doorkeeper to stay alert. 45“Who is the faithful and sensible servant whose master puts him in charge of the household staff, to give them their food at the proper time? 46It will go well with that servant if he is found doing his job when his master comes. 47Yes, I tell you that he will put him in charge of all he owns. 48But if that servant is wicked and says to himself, ‘My master is taking his time’; 49and he starts beating up his fellow servants and spends his time eating and drinking with drunkards; 50then his master will come on a day the servant does not expect, at a time he doesn’t know; 51and he will cut him in two and put him with the hypocrites, where people will wail and grind their teeth! 35So stay alert! for you don’t know when the owner of the house will come, 36whether it will be sunset, midnight, rooster’s crowing, or during the day—you don’t want him to come suddenly and find you sleeping! 34“But keep watch on yourselves, or your hearts will become dulled by carousing, drunkenness and the worries of everyday living, and that Day will be sprung upon you suddenly like a trap! 35For it will close in on everyone, no matter where they live, throughout the whole world. 251“The Kingdom from the sky at that time will be like ten bridesmaids who took their lamps and went out to meet the groom. 2Five of them were foolish and five were sensible. 3The foolish ones took lamps with them but no oil, 4whereas the others took flasks of oil with their lamps. 5Now the bridegroom was late, so they all went to sleep. 6It was the middle of the night when the cry rang out, ‘The bridegroom is here! Go out to meet him!’ 7The girls all woke up and prepared their lamps for lighting. 8The foolish ones said to the sensible ones, ‘Give us some of your oil, because our lamps are going out.’ 9‘No,’ they replied, ‘there may not be enough for both you and us. Go to the oil dealers and buy some for yourselves.’ 10But as they were going off to buy, the bridegroom came. Those who were ready went with him to the wedding feast, and the door was shut. 11Later, the other bridesmaids came. ‘Sir! Sir!’ they cried, ‘Let us in!’ 12But he answered, ‘Indeed! I tell you, I don’t know you!’ 13So stay alert, because you know neither the day nor the hour. 37And what I say to you, I say to everyone: stay alert!”

14“For it will be like a man about to leave home for awhile, who entrusted his possessions to his servants. 15To one he gave five talents [equivalent to a hundred years’ wages]; to another, two talents; and to another, one talent—to each according to his ability. Then he left. 16The one who had received five talents immediately went out, invested it and earned another five. 17Similarly, the one given two earned another two. 18But the one given one talent went off, dug a hole in the ground and hid his master’s money.

19“After a long time, the master of those servants returned to settle accounts with them. 20The one who had received five talents came forward bring the other five and said, ‘Sir, you gave me five talents; here, I have made five more.’ 21His master said to him, ‘Excellent! You are a good and trustworthy servant. You have been faithful with a small amount, so I will put you in charge of a large amount. Come and join in your master’s happiness!’ 22Also the one who had received two came forward and said, ‘Sir, you gave me two talents; here, I have made two more.’ 23His master said to him, ‘Excellent! You are a good and trustworthy servant. You have been faithful with a small amount, so I will put you in charge of a large amount. Come and join in your master’s happiness!’

24“Now the one who had received one talent came forward and said, ‘I knew you were a hard man. You harvest where you didn’t plant and gather where you didn’t sow seed. 25I was afraid, so I went and hid your talent in the ground. Here! Take what belongs to you!’ 26‘You wicked, lazy servant!’ said his master, ‘So you knew, did you, that I harvest where I haven’t planted? And that I gather where I didn’t sow seed? 27Then you should have deposited my money with the bankers, so that when I returned, I would at least have gotten back interest with my capital! 28Take the talent from him and give it to the one who has ten. 29For everyone who has something will be given more, so that he will have more than enough; but from anyone who has earned nothing, even what he does have will be taken away. 30As for this worthless servant, throw him out in the dark, where people will wail and grind their teeth!’

31“When the Son of Man comes in his brightness, accompanied by all the messengers, he will sit on his radiant throne. 32All the nations will be assembled before him, and he will separate peoples one from another as a shepherd separates sheep from goats. 33The ‘sheep’ he will place at his right hand and the ‘goats’ at his left.

34“Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you whom my Father has blessed, take your inheritance, the Kingdom prepared for you from the founding of the world. 35For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you have me something to drink, I was a stranger and you made me your guest, 36I needed clothes and you provided them, I was sick and you took care of me, I was in prison and you visited me.’ 37Then the peoples who have been equitable will reply, ‘Master, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38When did we see you a stranger and make you our guest, or needing clothes and provide them? 39When did we see you sick or in prison, and visit you?’ 40The King will say to them, ‘Yes! I tell you that whenever you did these things for one of the least important of these brothers of mine, you did them for me!’

41“Then he will also speak to those on his left, saying, ‘Get away from me, you who are cursed! Go off into the fire prepared for the Adversary and his messengers! 42For I was hungry and you gave me no food, thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43a stranger and you did not welcome me, needing clothes and you did not give them to me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.’ 44Then they too will reply, ‘Master, when did we see you hungry, thirsty, a stranger, needing clothes, sick or in prison, and not take care of you?’ 45And he will answer them, ‘Yes! I tell you that whenever you refused to do it for the least important of these people, you refused to do it for me!’ 46They will go off to eternal punishment, but those who have been equitable will go to eternal life.” 36Stay alert, always praying that you will have the strength to escape all the things that will happen and to stand in the presence of the Son of Man.”

Later, I decided to work this harmony in the Greek and THEN translate it into the English.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,688
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Birthday:  08/07/1941

3 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

36Stay alert, always praying that you will have the strength to escape all the things that will happen and to stand in the presence of the Son of Man.”

The Revised English Bible 1986 Oxford Press; says ....pass safely through all the things that must happen......

This is the correct translation, the one which doesn't contradict the previous verse, or the many teachings of how we must endure until the end. 

Edited by Keras

5 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, bloom.

Actually Luke 21 does refer to the Messiah, just not in verse 8. Here's some work I did on the Olivet Discourse long ago:

A Paraphrase of the Harmony of Matthew 24 and 25,

Mark 13, and Luke 21

By Adam C. Koraim

2/9/06

First, here I present the harmony I pieced together on 2/7/06 from the passages as translated by David H. Stern in the Complete Jewish Bible: 

10Then he told them, 78For peoples will fight each other, and nations will fight each other, and there will be greatearthquakes in various places, various parts of the world; there will be epidemics and famines in various places, and there will be fearful sights and great signs from Heaven; 8all this is but the beginning of the ‘birth-pains.’

20“However, when you see Yerushalayim surrounded by armies, then you are to understand that she is about to be destroyed. 15“So 14now when you see the abomination that causes devastation spoken about through the prophet Dani’el standing in the Holy Place where it ought not to be (let the reader understand the allusion), 16“that will be the time for those in Y’hudah to escape to the hills. 21Those in Y’hudah must escape to the hills, those inside the city must get out, and those in the country must not enter it. 1715If someone is on the roof, he must not go down and enter his house to take any of his belongings; to gather his belongings from his house; 1816if someone is in the field, he must not turn back to get his coat. 22For these are the days of vengeance, when everything that has been written in the Tanakh will come true. 191723What a terrible time it will be for pregnant women and nursing mothers! 18Pray that it may not happen in winter.20Pray that you will not have to escape in winter or on Shabbat. For there will be great distress in the Land and judgment on the people. 2119For there will be trouble then worse than there has ever been from the beginning of the world, when God created the universe, until now, and there will be nothing like it again! 2220Indeed, if God had not limited the duration of the trouble, no one would survive; but for the sake of the elect, those whom he has chosen, he has limited it.

the sun will grow dark,

the moon will stop shining,

on earth, nations will be in anxiety and bewilderment at the sound and surge of the sea, 26as people faint with fear at the prospect of what is overtaking the world; for the powers in heaven will be shaken.

3027And 26then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, all the tribes of the Land will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud [and] on the clouds of heaven with tremendous power and glory. 28When these things start to happen, stand up and hold your heads high; because you are about to be liberated!”  3127He will send out his angels with a great shofar; and they will gather together his chosen people from the four winds, from the ends of the earth to the ends of heaven, from one end of heaven to the other. 

29Then he told them a parable: 32“Now let the fig tree teach you its lesson: Look at the fig tree, when its branches begin to sprout and leaves appear, you know that summer is approaching. Indeed, all the trees. 30As soon as they sprout leaves, you can see for yourselves that summer is near. 3331In the same way, when you see all these things taking place, you are to know that the time is near, right at the door, the Kingdom of God is near! 3432Yes! I tell you that this people will certainly not pass away before it has all happened, before all these things happen. 353133Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never—certainly not—pass away. 36“But 32However, when that day and hour will come, no one knows—not the angels in heaven, not the Son, just only the Father. 37For the Son of Man’s coming will be just as it was in the days of Noach. 38Back then, before the Flood, people went on eating and drinking, taking wives and becoming wives, right up till the day Noach entered the ark; 39and they didn’t know what was happening until the Flood came and swept them all away. It will be just like that when the Son of Man comes. 40Then there will be two men in a field—one will be taken and the other left behind. 41There will be two women grinding flour at the mill—one will be taken and the other left behind. 42So stay alert, because you don’t know on what day your Lord will come. 33Stay alert! Be on your guard! For you do not know when the time will come. 43But you do know this: had the owner of the house known when the thief was coming, he would have stayed awake and not allowed his house to be broken into. 44Therefore you too must always be ready, for the Son of Man will come when you are not expecting him.

34“It’s like a man who travels away from home, puts his servants in charge, each with his own task, and tells the doorkeeper to stay alert. 45“Who is the faithful and sensible servant whose master puts him in charge of the household staff, to give them their food at the proper time? 46It will go well with that servant if he is found doing his job when his master comes. 47Yes, I tell you that he will put him in charge of all he owns. 48But if that servant is wicked and says to himself, ‘My master is taking his time’; 49and he starts beating up his fellow servants and spends his time eating and drinking with drunkards; 50then his master will come on a day the servant does not expect, at a time he doesn’t know; 51and he will cut him in two and put him with the hypocrites, where people will wail and grind their teeth! 35So stay alert! for you don’t know when the owner of the house will come, 36whether it will be evening, midnight, cockcrow or morning—you don’t want him to come suddenly and find you sleeping! 34“But keep watch on yourselves, or your hearts will become dulled by carousing, drunkenness and the worries of everyday living, and that Day will be sprung upon you suddenly like a trap! 35For it will close in on everyone, no matter where they live, throughout the whole world. 251“The Kingdom of Heaven at that time will be like ten bridesmaids who took their lamps and went out to meet the groom. 2Five of them were foolish and five were sensible. 3The foolish ones took lamps with them but no oil, 4whereas the others took flasks of oil with their lamps. 5Now the bridegroom was late, so they all went to sleep. 6It was the middle of the night when the cry rang out, ‘The bridegroom is here! Go out to meet him!’ 7The girls all woke up and prepared their lamps for lighting. 8The foolish ones said to the sensible ones, ‘Give us some of your oil, because our lamps are going out.’ 9‘No,’ they replied, ‘there may not be enough for both you and us. Go to the oil dealers and buy some for yourselves.’ 10But as they were going off to buy, the bridegroom came. Those who were ready went with him to the wedding feast, and the door was shut. 11Later, the other bridesmaids came. ‘Sir! Sir!’ they cried, ‘Let us in!’ 12But he answered, ‘Indeed! I tell you, I don’t know you!’ 13So stay alert, because you know neither the day nor the hour. 37And what I say to you, I say to everyone: stay alert!”

24“Now the one who had received one talent came forward and said, ‘I knew you were a hard man. You harvest where you didn’t plant and gather where you didn’t sow seed. 25I was afraid, so I went and hid your talent in the ground. Here! Take what belongs to you!’ 26‘You wicked, lazy servant!’ said his master, ‘So you knew, did you, that I harvest where I haven’t planted? And that I gather where I didn’t sow seed? 27Then you should have deposited my money with the bankers, so that when I returned, I would at least have gotten back interest with my capital! 28Take the talent from him and give it to the one who has ten. 29For everyone who has something will be given more, so that he will have more than enough; but from anyone who has nothing, even what he does have will be taken away. 30As for this worthless servant, throw him out in the dark, where people will wail and grind their teeth!’

31“When the Son of Man comes in his glory, accompanied by all the angels, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32All the nations will be assembled before him, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates sheep from goats. 33The ‘sheep’ he will place at his right hand and the ‘goats’ at his left.

34“Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you whom my Father has blessed, take your inheritance, the Kingdom prepared for you from the founding of the world. 35For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you have me something to drink, I was a stranger and you made me your guest, 36I needed clothes and you provided them, I was sick and you took care of me, I was in prison and you visited me.’ 37Then the people who have done what God wants will reply, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38When did we see you a stranger and make you our guest, or needing clothes and provide them? 39When did we see you sick or in prison, and visit you?’ 40The King will say to them, ‘Yes! I tell you that whenever you did these things for one of the least important of these brothers of mine, you did them for me!’

41“Then he will also speak to those on his left, saying, ‘Get away from me, you who are cursed! Go off into the fire prepared for the Adversary and his angels! 42For I was hungry and you gave me no food, thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43a stranger and you did not welcome me, needing clothes and you did not give them to me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.’ 44Then they too will reply, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry, thirsty, a stranger, needing clothes, sick or in prison, and not take care of you?’ 45And he will answer them, ‘Yes! I tell you that whenever you refused to do it for the least important of these people, you refused to do it for me!’ 46They will go off to eternal punishment, but those who have done what God wants will go to eternal life.” 36Stay alert, always praying that you will have the strength to escape all the things that will happen and to stand in the presence of the Son of Man.”

Now, I will make some modifications using key words to which I’ve noticed that we have given inaccurate or at best incomplete definitions.

10Then he told them, 78For peoples will fight each other, and nations will fight each other, and there will be greatearthquakes in various places, various parts of the world; there will be epidemics and famines in various places, and there will be fearful sights and great signs from The sky; 8all this is but the beginning of the ‘birth-pains.’

20“However, when you see Yerushalayim surrounded by armies, then you are to understand that she is about to be destroyed. 15“So 14now when you see the abomination that causes devastation spoken about through the prophet Dani’el standing in the Holy Place where it ought not to be [Daniel 9:27, 11:31, 12:11] (let the reader understand the allusion), 16“that will be the time for those in Y’hudah to escape to the hills. 21Those in Y’hudah must escape to the hills, those inside the city must get out, and those in the country must not enter it. 1715If someone is on the roof, he must not godown and enter his house to take any of his belongings; to gather his belongings from his house; 1816if someone is in the field, he must not turn back to get his coat. 22For these are the days of vengeance, when everything that has been written in the Tanakh will come true. 191723What a terrible time it will be for pregnant women and nursing mothers! 18Pray that it may not happen in winter. 20Pray that you will not have to escape in winter or on Shabbat. For there will be great distress in the Land and judgment on the people. 2119For there will be trouble then worse than there has ever been from the beginning of the world, when God created the universe, until now, and there will be nothing like it again! [Joel 2:2, Daniel 12:1] 2220Indeed, if God had not limited the duration of the trouble, no one would survive; but for the sake of the elect, those whom he has chosen, he has limited it.

the sun will grow dark,

the moon will stop shining, [Yesha‘yahu (Isaiah) 13:10; Yechezk’el (Ezekiel) 32:7; Yo’el (Joel) 2:10; 3:4(2:31); 4:15(3:15)]

on earth, nations will be in anxiety and bewilderment at the sound and surge of the sea, 26as people faint with fear at the prospect of what is overtaking the world; for the powers in the sky will be shaken. [Yesha‘yahu (Isaiah) 34:4; Hagai (Haggai) 2:6, 21]

3027And 26then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, all the tribes of the Land will mourn, [Z’kharyah (Zechariah) 12:10, 14] and they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud [and] on the clouds of the sky with tremendous power and glory. [Dani’el (Daniel) 7:13-14] 28When these things start to happen, stand up and hold your heads high; because you are about to be liberated!”  3127He will send out his messengers with a great shofar;[Yesha‘yahu (Isaiah) 27:13] and they will gather together his chosen people from the four winds, from the ends of the earth to the ends of the sky, from one end of the sky to the other. 

29Then he told them a parable: 32“Now let the fig tree teach you its lesson: Look at the fig tree, when its branches begin to sprout and leaves appear, you know that summer is approaching. Indeed, all the trees. 30As soon as they sprout leaves, you can see for yourselves that summer is near. 3331In the same way, when you see all these things taking place, you are to know that the time is near, right at the door, the Kingdom from God is near! 3432Yes! I tell you that this people will certainly not pass away before it has all happened, before all these things happen. 353133The sky and earth will pass away, but my words will never—certainly not—pass away. 36“But 32However, when that day and hour will come, no one knows—not the messengers in the sky, not the Son, just only the Father. 37For the Son of Man’s coming will be just as it was in the days of Noach. [The first time the sky and the earth passed away; see II Peter 3:5, 6.] 38Back then, before the Flood, people went on eating and drinking, taking wives and becoming wives, right up till the day Noach entered the ark; 39and they didn’t know what was happening until the Flood came and swept them all away. [B’resheet (Genesis) 7:1-24]It will be just like that when the Son of Man comes. 40Then there will be two men in a field—one will be taken and the other left behind. 41There will be two women grinding flour at the mill—one will be taken and the other left behind. 42So stay alert, because you do not know on what day your Master will come. 33Stay alert! Be on your guard! For you do not know when the time will come. 43But you do know this: had the owner of the house known when the thief was coming, he would have stayed awake and not allowed his house to be broken into. 44Therefore you too must always be ready, for the Son of Man will come when you are not expecting him.

34“It’s like a man who travels away from home, puts his servants in charge, each with his own task, and tells the doorkeeper to stay alert. 45“Who is the faithful and sensible servant whose master puts him in charge of the household staff, to give them their food at the proper time? 46It will go well with that servant if he is found doing his job when his master comes. 47Yes, I tell you that he will put him in charge of all he owns. 48But if that servant is wicked and says to himself, ‘My master is taking his time’; 49and he starts beating up his fellow servants and spends his time eating and drinking with drunkards; 50then his master will come on a day the servant does not expect, at a time he doesn’t know; 51and he will cut him in two and put him with the hypocrites, where people will wail and grind their teeth! 35So stay alert! for you don’t know when the owner of the house will come, 36whether it will be sunset, midnight, rooster’s crowing, or during the day—you don’t want him to come suddenly and find you sleeping! 34“But keep watch on yourselves, or your hearts will become dulled by carousing, drunkenness and the worries of everyday living, and that Day will be sprung upon you suddenly like a trap! 35For it will close in on everyone, no matter where they live, throughout the whole world. 251“The Kingdom from the sky at that time will be like ten bridesmaids who took their lamps and went out to meet the groom. 2Five of them were foolish and five were sensible. 3The foolish ones took lamps with them but no oil, 4whereas the others took flasks of oil with their lamps. 5Now the bridegroom was late, so they all went to sleep. 6It was the middle of the night when the cry rang out, ‘The bridegroom is here! Go out to meet him!’ 7The girls all woke up and prepared their lamps for lighting. 8The foolish ones said to the sensible ones, ‘Give us some of your oil, because our lamps are going out.’ 9‘No,’ they replied, ‘there may not be enough for both you and us. Go to the oil dealers and buy some for yourselves.’ 10But as they were going off to buy, the bridegroom came. Those who were ready went with him to the wedding feast, and the door was shut. 11Later, the other bridesmaids came. ‘Sir! Sir!’ they cried, ‘Let us in!’ 12But he answered, ‘Indeed! I tell you, I don’t know you!’ 13So stay alert, because you know neither the day nor the hour. 37And what I say to you, I say to everyone: stay alert!”

24“Now the one who had received one talent came forward and said, ‘I knew you were a hard man. You harvest where you didn’t plant and gather where you didn’t sow seed. 25I was afraid, so I went and hid your talent in the ground. Here! Take what belongs to you!’ 26‘You wicked, lazy servant!’ said his master, ‘So you knew, did you, that I harvest where I haven’t planted? And that I gather where I didn’t sow seed? 27Then you should have deposited my money with the bankers, so that when I returned, I would at least have gotten back interest with my capital! 28Take the talent from him and give it to the one who has ten. 29For everyone who has something will be given more, so that he will have more than enough; but from anyone who has earned nothing, even what he does have will be taken away. 30As for this worthless servant, throw him out in the dark, where people will wail and grind their teeth!’

31“When the Son of Man comes in his brightness, accompanied by all the messengers, he will sit on his radiant throne. 32All the nations will be assembled before him, and he will separate peoples one from another as a shepherd separates sheep from goats. 33The ‘sheep’ he will place at his right hand and the ‘goats’ at his left.

34“Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you whom my Father has blessed, take your inheritance, the Kingdom prepared for you from the founding of the world. 35For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you have me something to drink, I was a stranger and you made me your guest, 36I needed clothes and you provided them, I was sick and you took care of me, I was in prison and you visited me.’ 37Then the peoples who have been equitable will reply, ‘Master, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38When did we see you a stranger and make you our guest, or needing clothes and provide them? 39When did we see you sick or in prison, and visit you?’ 40The King will say to them, ‘Yes! I tell you that whenever you did these things for one of the least important of these brothers of mine, you did them for me!’

41“Then he will also speak to those on his left, saying, ‘Get away from me, you who are cursed! Go off into the fire prepared for the Adversary and his messengers! 42For I was hungry and you gave me no food, thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43a stranger and you did not welcome me, needing clothes and you did not give them to me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.’ 44Then they too will reply, ‘Master, when did we see you hungry, thirsty, a stranger, needing clothes, sick or in prison, and not take care of you?’ 45And he will answer them, ‘Yes! I tell you that whenever you refused to do it for the least important of these people, you refused to do it for me!’ 46They will go off to eternal punishment, but those who have been equitable will go to eternal life.” 36Stay alert, always praying that you will have the strength to escape all the things that will happen and to stand in the presence of the Son of Man.”

Later, I decided to work this harmony in the Greek and THEN translate it into the English.

Roy, after reading all of that version, Preterism seems like a more viable alternative. All of them rainbow colors are appropriate in this transgender time. Now if this work was done in just in three colors denoting past, present, and future it would be much more understandable. 

2 hours ago, bloom said:

Roy, after reading all of that version, Preterism seems like a more viable alternative. All of them rainbow colors are appropriate in this transgender time. Now if this work was done in just in three colors denoting past, present, and future it would be much more understandable. 

Shalom, bloom.

FIRST of all, they are not just "rainbow colors," and I take offense at the "transgender" reference. No, the colors were chosen as close approximations to the primary colors, red, yellow (goldenrod for visibility), and blue. Then, if a particular phrase was used in more than one gospel, then it was given a color that was a MIX of those colors, the secondary colors: 

Matthew = red
Matthew & Mark = ORANGE
Mark = yellow
Mark & Luke = GREEN
Luke = blue
Luke & Matthew = PURPLE
Matthew & Mark & Luke = BROWN.

Understand? I am very visuallly-oriented.

That is why I colorize my quotations of Scripture. It allows me to use color to instantly understand who is saying what. It's not a perfect system, but it IS systematic.

In this simple system, one can - at a glance - see which words or phrases or even whole sentences appear in which of the three Synoptic Gospels throughout the Olivet Discourse.

3 hours ago, bloom said:

Shalom, bloom.

PARTIAL preterism is a viable alternative, but not FULL preterism. See, there IS a future sense to the Olivet Discourse. It's just not ALL future, as pretrib rapturists are fond of giving it. Both the FULL preterist view and the FULL futurist view are WRONG!

Perhaps, I do need to colorize between "past," "present," and "future," but using what point in time as "present?" Where do we divide between "past" and "future?" If we use today for the present, it won't be true tomorrow! "Tomorrow" is today's future. But, tomorrow, today will be the "past!" Perhaps, we should use 70 A.D. as the dividing time, because Yeeshuwa`s words are more geared for that time frame. He is talking to His students about THEIR future, leading up to 70 A.D., but then He also "digresses" to the future beyond their lifetimes all the way to His Second Coming.

Any suggestions?

6 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, bloom.

FIRST of all, they are not just "rainbow colors," and I take offense at the "transgender" reference. No, the colors were chosen as close approximations to the primary colors, red, yellow (goldenrod for visibility), and blue. Then, if a particular phrase was used in more than one gospel, then it was given a color that was a MIX of those colors, the secondary colors: 

Matthew = red
Matthew & Mark = ORANGE
Mark = yellow
Mark & Luke = GREEN
Luke = blue
Luke & Matthew = PURPLE
Matthew & Mark & Luke = BROWN.

Understand? I am very visuallly-oriented.

That is why I colorize my quotations of Scripture. It allows me to use color to instantly understand who is saying what. It's not a perfect system, but it IS systematic.

In this simple system, one can - at a glance - see which words or phrases or even whole sentences appear in which of the three Synoptic Gospels throughout the Olivet Discourse.

I am sorry you took offence to my poor attempt at humour, but being a KJV black and white type guy your work is of little understanding to my poor overwhelmed brain. My question was left unanswered "What will the false prophet be preaching in the last 42 months?"