• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  96
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/12/1972

This doctrine has made it into the vine to corrupt and control the family, kept it from forming.  "A life of pleasure will achieve this result, death and famine and more death, sadly " 

Many accepted Christ"s martyr ship by running away from the spouse that was selected for them from heaven.  Because it was attached to a daughter of Zion, a calling for Christ's government. 

1 Timothy 4:3, NIV: They forbid people to marry and order them to abstain from certain foods, which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and who know the truth.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

If your church is teaching this, leave.

Otherwise just where is this being  taught?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

7 hours ago, Joshua_Entangled said:

This doctrine has made it into the vine to corrupt and control the family, kept it from forming.  "A life of pleasure will achieve this result, death and famine and more death, sadly " 

Many accepted Christ"s martyr ship by running away from the spouse that was selected for them from heaven.  Because it was attached to a daughter of Zion, a calling for Christ's government. 

1 Timothy 4:3, NIV: They forbid people to marry and order them to abstain from certain foods, which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and who know the truth.

I'm 61 and never heard this taught.

By-the-by, there is no "spouse selected " for a person "from heaven".   That's not a biblical teaching.  Besides, some are gifted from God with singleness.  Although, I've never heard a person living a single life describe it as a gift.

Some people do grow to be soul mates.  

• Well Said! 1
  • Huh?  I don't get it. 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,569
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

5 hours ago, Jayne said:

By-the-by, there is no "spouse selected " for a person "from heaven".

Sure there is least there is Biblical instruction  from God. 

Was Joesph directed by God regarding Mary?

What of a very specific purpose of God in his instruction to  Hosea?

Plus there is rather specific general guidance from within the Bible too., including  1 Corinthians 7:9  as well as Jeremiah 29:6 as examples.

And I failed to mention the entire generational lineage of my Lord Jesus, none of which was random.

• Well Said! 1

9 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Sure there is least there is Biblical instruction  from God. 

Was Joesph directed by God regarding Mary?

What of a very specific purpose of God in his instruction to  Hosea?

Plus there is rather specific general guidance from within the Bible too., including  1 Corinthians 7:9  as well as Jeremiah 29:6 as examples.

And I failed to mention the entire generational lineage of my Lord Jesus, none of which was random.

???

Jeremiah 29:6 is not a universal command to marry.  It's a message to the Israelites carried away to Babylon that they might as well settle down in bondage because it was going to be several decades before they came home.

And getting married just because you can't stand not having sex is NOT a very good reason to marry.  

I'll say again. I disagree with the OP who stated that God has someone for everyone [that's what he implied].

God chose no one for me nor a host of other people.

• Interesting! 1

1 minute ago, Jayne said:

And getting married just because you can't stand not having sex is NOT a very good reason to marry. 

Oh I disagree! It is the very reason to marry. Men and women don't marry to play Barbie dolls together. 

• Praying! 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

Just now, Neighbor said:

Oh I disagree! It is the very reason to marry. Men and women don't marry to play Barbie dolls together. 

I would hope that love and respect and a reason to share a life together and a desire for a family and a steadily growing friendship would have SOME part in a marriage.

Sex is important in a marriage but it is not THE reason to marry.  If sex is the "very reason" to marry, what about all the hours of the day that you are NOT having sex.  How does that play out in a marriage is sex is "the very reason" to marry.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

2 minutes ago, Jayne said:

I would hope that love and respect and a reason to share a life together and a desire for a family and a steadily growing friendship would have SOME part in a marriage.

We are going to get into the weeds here. Many marry and do not have children. Many do not marry at all. I would think that Paul's conversation likely in answer to questions asked of him indicate strongly that if possible do not marry, but also do not burn with passion, and fathers arrange for marriage of your virgin daughters rather than have them burn with passion.

I do believe my two wives have been blessings to me from God, and that both marriages have been predestined by God to occur.

I do believe the lineage of my Lord is not a function of randomness but of predestination too.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  96
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  04/12/1972

1 hour ago, Jayne said:

Sex is important in a marriage but it is not THE reason to marry.  If sex is the "very reason" to marry, what about all the hours of the day that you are NOT having sex.  How does that play out in a marriage is sex is "the very reason" to marry.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

I'm really not sure if God Has Someone for everyone or not but certainly He Knows who will be good for us as a mate and who will not and so we do our best to inquire of Him when faced with all decisions.

I agree with Jayne that some are called to life as a single while others are not,after all it is what the Apostle Paul explained very clearly.

I don't know if anyone can grow to be " soul mates" ,I suppose 2 that are like minded in Loving our Lord with all their heart,soul & minds and ask this that they would be Blessed ...I really wouldn't know,I'm no one to speak on such things although I do Know "'God is Able"❤️

With love in Christ, Kwik

• Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1