• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  96
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/12/1972

On 2/6/2023 at 11:52 AM, George said:

Sadly, I'm running across this more and more ... strange for me.  When I was growing up in Baltimore, we had lots of heroin overdose deaths in my age group ... now it seems that this is even more deadly than heroin!

Sadly we just got word he has passed in the hospital days after being revived in the bathroom.  

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,020
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,312
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

13 hours ago, Joshua_Entangled said:

Sadly we just got word he has passed in the hospital days after being revived in the bathroom.  

So sorry to hear.   :heart:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

On 2/8/2023 at 12:21 PM, Marathoner said:

Now my brothers and sisters will know why I wished to avoid this city before the Lord sent me here. I couldn't handle this place on account of the horrendous suffering I witnessed whenever I had no choice but come here. It was a two-hour drive through the mountain pass, and I dreaded every moment of it. 

Drug abuse isn't just limited to the homeless, but also among the well to do as well.  There was such a time I think back during the 1930's, there was no laws prohibiting drug abuse.  It wasn't till movie stars overdosed on cocaine that drug abuse became a public awareness, and the government stepping in.

It is sad, that despite the awareness of how dangerous these illicit drugs are, people still abuse drugs, alcohol, and a host of other harmful things.  People do so for so many reason's that it is hard to pinpoint the direct cause of self harm. 

One thing I do want to say, is that not all homeless are alcoholics or drug addicts.  Sometimes people become homeless through no fault of their own.  The homeless need our compassion and prayers... not scorn.  Christ died for these people too.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,125
  • Content Per Day:  7.06
  • Days Won:  97

2 hours ago, appy said:

Drug abuse isn't just limited to the homeless, but also among the well to do as well.  There was such a time I think back during the 1930's, there was no laws prohibiting drug abuse.  It wasn't till movie stars overdosed on cocaine that drug abuse became a public awareness, and the government stepping in.

It is sad, that despite the awareness of how dangerous these illicit drugs are, people still abuse drugs, alcohol, and a host of other harmful things.  People do so for so many reason's that it is hard to pinpoint the direct cause of self harm. 

One thing I do want to say, is that not all homeless are alcoholics or drug addicts.  Sometimes people become homeless through no fault of their own.  The homeless need our compassion and prayers... not scorn.  Christ died for these people too.

I wanted to avoid this city on account of the cartels, my friend. I work for the homeless and was homeless myself for many years. :) 

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  96
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/12/1972

16 hours ago, Debp said:

So sorry to hear.   :heart:

Thanks, it's really quite sorrowful to be living here while working on my career.  But I cannot fathom trying to even be out there in the world without experiencing everything I have here... hate, fear, death, overdoses, suicidal people, and quite a few diligent, merciful, kind saints serving in these dangerous streets.  All praise and honor to them.  They keep serving, and coming down here week after week.  

• Loved it! 1