IGNORED

Is Faith an outgrowth of mental illness?

Mije

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  480
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,580
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  9

Faith is never unsound. Unless it's not base on truth. Our faith is through the good news of Jesus. Very sound. 

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  480
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,580
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  9

11 hours ago, Jayne said:

Neither.  Mental illness can no more produce faith than a hangnail, broken arm, cancer, or a migraine.

Faith is a gift from God.

Sometimes when people go through struggles, they try to be more trusting, full of faith, or seeking God more.

Sometimes when people go through struggles, it attacks the faith.

Most people in their lifetimes go through both.

My depression/anxiety does not inflame my faith nor was my faith an outgrowth of my illness.

God saved me and gifted me with the faith.

Well said. Paul had a thorn in the flesh as he said. Paul said when we are weak then we are strong through Christ. I think that's why God allows us to have affliction of all types. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  308
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,149
  • Content Per Day:  4.60
  • Days Won:  327

11 hours ago, TrueFollowerOfChrist said:

Maybe I'm playing semantics, but I don't think "disability" is a bad word. I would call someone with no arms or legs disabled. Does that make me mean? I don't think so. That's the word we used to use without issue for people born other than fully normal ( normal being having all body parts and mental faculties ). I'm aware of who you are talking about. He travels the world talking to people. He probably prefers that life to the boring one most people with arms and legs live. Disabled people aren't inferior,  they're just different in a specific way. I'm not using it in a derogatory way. 

And have I said you used " disability" as a bad word?Or insinuate " meanness?

What does" he prefers that life to the boring one" mean- probably a typo?

Perhaps I simply cannot connect with you,you don't seem to get anything I say - it has zero to do with you,it's nothing personal so you needn't think it is. .   I believe I see things very differently with the Eyes of my Heart- I'm not of the cancel culture,I see nothing wrong with a " word":like disability- not my point at all ..  I do , however,see some problems with the way the world sees things....

With love in Christ,Kwik

Let me try something different for you specifically,maybe you might better see where I'm coming from- and I definitely don't partake of the semantics debates- as a matter of fact,debate is a turn off to me,easy to just say" bye" lol

Okay,do you think " cancer" is a bad word? Of course you don't,but it's a label,descriptive kind of word- isnt it? Most use it as part of their title or they take ownership of it,agree? Eg:" I HAVE cancer" or " I AM a cancer patient"- see?

So now,we do know that cancer is a very real thing,don't we?It is diagnosed by the physician( HEAR),we (SEE)the evidence of this physical thing in scans,we (FEEL) the effects of it(symptoms) .....so far I've explained everything the carnal mind takes in and what is going on the the flesh.

Yet we are Promised,by God that none of this is so- we must Walk by Faith & not by sight....We Know that He Who is in us us Greater than he who is in the world .... We ARE Healed by His Stripes .....All manner of sickness & disease.....More than a Conqueror in Christ .....we are Victorious ... .by our Faith we are Healed.....ask,in His Name & it shall be Given.. ...power of Life & death is in the tongue ..  the Authority to step on serpents &:scorpions..... Bind & loose on earth as it is in Heaven....no weapon formed against us shall prosper..... Need I go on? I'm sure you get the drift!

Yet,folks will accept a label,a title,take ownership ,believe what they see & hear,listen to every evil report and lose HOPE,be resolved to the FACTS( man's fact) instead of standing firmly on God's Truth!

Many know" cancer" is a mutation of cells,how did they mutate? Should we get into science or what about the Word of God instead!The enemy has attacked the body,probably easier than the Heart & Mind of a Born Again Believer,-but it can attack anyone," the rain falls on the just and the unjust-"

Now in case you didn't know I've been diagnosed with lung cancer well over a year ago- a decade earlier I was diagnosed with Stage 4 incurable terminal colorectal cancer..    prognosis was" get your affairs in order"

Fast forward to the end of that chapter and after it spread to bone,liver,lymph nodes- it vanished! Glory to God and the then disbelief of a team of oncologists- it was Miraculously Cured! Praise Jesus!

So here I am,a Living Testimony of Faith,Faith in God's Word ... "Me" I have nothing to do with God's Power & Might,I SIMPLY Believe that God is Able and His Word is Faithful and True

So now here's my point-:why is " mental disorder" any different?Why would a person with " disabilities be any different,if in fact they are disabled by whatever the issue? Do you see my view better?

A person suffers from some malfunction in their brain or body chemistry,depression,mania,bi-polar,psychosis or whatever one " labels " or gives a Title too and you hear" Hi,I'm a paranoid schizophrenic AND my name is Julia" or " I have chronic depression"......

True follower,why take ownership and accept man's fact,walk by sight,trust those feelings,symptoms and everything else the flesh & carnal mind is bound by?

I am certainly not telling anyone to stop medications,name it & claim it or what God Has for them....what I am saying is TRUST God and see from an Eternal Mind with the Heart & Mind of Christ,Believe His Promises,we are not Given a spirit of fear but of a sound mind ...  I am talking to the Believer,these words are nothing to the unbeliever ..... Though,they too many see HOPE in Christ

I think I've rambled quite enough .... Be Blessed,maybe to you can " get me" now

❤️

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,061
  • Content Per Day:  1.59
  • Days Won:  0

44 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

And have I said you used " disability" as a bad word?Or insinuate " meanness?

What does" he prefers that life to the boring one" mean- probably a typo?

Perhaps I simply cannot connect with you,you don't seem to get anything I say - it has zero to do with you,it's nothing personal so you needn't think it is. .   I believe I see things very differently with the Eyes of my Heart- I'm not of the cancel culture,I see nothing wrong with a " word":like disability- not my point at all ..  I do , however,see some problems with the way the world sees things....

With love in Christ,Kwik

Let me try something different for you specifically,maybe you might better see where I'm coming from- and I definitely don't partake of the semantics debates- as a matter of fact,debate is a turn off to me,easy to just say" bye" lol

Okay,do you think " cancer" is a bad word? Of course you don't,but it's a label,descriptive kind of word- isnt it? Most use it as part of their title or they take ownership of it,agree? Eg:" I HAVE cancer" or " I AM a cancer patient"- see?

So now,we do know that cancer is a very real thing,don't we?It is diagnosed by the physician( HEAR),we (SEE)the evidence of this physical thing in scans,we (FEEL) the effects of it(symptoms) .....so far I've explained everything the carnal mind takes in and what is going on the the flesh.

Yet we are Promised,by God that none of this is so- we must Walk by Faith & not by sight....We Know that He Who is in us us Greater than he who is in the world .... We ARE Healed by His Stripes .....All manner of sickness & disease.....More than a Conqueror in Christ .....we are Victorious ... .by our Faith we are Healed.....ask,in His Name & it shall be Given.. ...power of Life & death is in the tongue ..  the Authority to step on serpents &:scorpions..... Bind & loose on earth as it is in Heaven....no weapon formed against us shall prosper..... Need I go on? I'm sure you get the drift!

Yet,folks will accept a label,a title,take ownership ,believe what they see & hear,listen to every evil report and lose HOPE,be resolved to the FACTS( man's fact) instead of standing firmly on God's Truth!

Many know" cancer" is a mutation of cells,how did they mutate? Should we get into science or what about the Word of God instead!The enemy has attacked the body,probably easier than the Heart & Mind of a Born Again Believer,-but it can attack anyone," the rain falls on the just and the unjust-"

Now in case you didn't know I've been diagnosed with lung cancer well over a year ago- a decade earlier I was diagnosed with Stage 4 incurable terminal colorectal cancer..    prognosis was" get your affairs in order"

Fast forward to the end of that chapter and after it spread to bone,liver,lymph nodes- it vanished! Glory to God and the then disbelief of a team of oncologists- it was Miraculously Cured! Praise Jesus!

So here I am,a Living Testimony of Faith,Faith in God's Word ... "Me" I have nothing to do with God's Power & Might,I SIMPLY Believe that God is Able and His Word is Faithful and True

So now here's my point-:why is " mental disorder" any different?Why would a person with " disabilities be any different,if in fact they are disabled by whatever the issue? Do you see my view better?

A person suffers from some malfunction in their brain or body chemistry,depression,mania,bi-polar,psychosis or whatever one " labels " or gives a Title too and you hear" Hi,I'm a paranoid schizophrenic AND my name is Julia" or " I have chronic depression"......

True follower,why take ownership and accept man's fact,walk by sight,trust those feelings,symptoms and everything else the flesh & carnal mind is bound by?

I am certainly not telling anyone to stop medications,name it & claim it or what God Has for them....what I am saying is TRUST God and see from an Eternal Mind with the Heart & Mind of Christ,Believe His Promises,we are not Given a spirit of fear but of a sound mind ...  I am talking to the Believer,these words are nothing to the unbeliever ..... Though,they too many see HOPE in Christ

I think I've rambled quite enough .... Be Blessed,maybe to you can " get me" now

❤️

Hello. Your response was quite long (LOL). As much as I want to respond to everything you mentioned,  it would take me hours to do so.  I apologize that I don't have that kind of time right now. Perhaps maybe later I will. But I didn't feel right not responding at all,  so here it is.  I honestly feel like you misunderstood what I was trying to say. Perhaps I worded it badly and didn't get across my true meaning. For that I apologize. I wasn't in any way trying to be offensive or rude. I don't think there was anything wrong with what I said,  but it's definitely possible that what I said could have been easily misunderstood.  Sometimes I'm not the best with my words. So I'll simply say God Bless. 

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,061
  • Content Per Day:  1.59

32 minutes ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

I don’t see that it would make you mean saying that, a person without legs or arms are disabled and no doubt on disability allowance.

Disabled people aren’t inferior of course not, of course they are different, in how they look, they certainly aren’t inferior when it comes to learning...unless of course they have mental illness also.

I don’t see you as mean, I think you explained disability very well.and certainly understand what you were saying.

Thank you for your kind words. I admit,  this discussion has been a bit discouraging to me. I'm not sure if people are looking for arguments on here or if the way I word things is often poorly worded which leads to misunderstanding.  I like reading your posts more than anyone else's on this site. You are always so warm and compassionate to everyone you talk to. The love of Jesus truly flows freely from you. God Bless You.

• Loved it! 1

1 minute ago, TrueFollowerOfChrist said:

Hello. Your response was quite long (LOL). As much as I want to respond to everything you mentioned,  it would take me hours to do so.  I apologize that I don't have that kind of time right now. Perhaps maybe later I will. But I didn't feel right not responding at all,  so here it is.  I honestly feel like you misunderstood what I was trying to say. Perhaps I worded it badly and didn't get across my true meaning. For that I apologize. I wasn't in any way trying to be offensive or rude. I don't think there was anything wrong with what I said,  but it's definitely possible that what I said could have been easily misunderstood.  Sometimes I'm not the best with my words. So I'll simply say God Bless. 

Answers whenever you have the time,no worries- or another time,another thread,lol

I took nothing you said offensively or personally so don't feel I've misunderstood you,it's just seems you didn't get what I was saying and thought maybe I could clarify for you- no problems here!

And yes,I'm not one for the long winded posts and sorry bout that( I can't even read the long ones myself,lol) but there's much to explain

You have a God Filled Great Sunday ❤️:Talk when you get back if you like👍

15 hours ago, Mije said:

Thank you @Sower🙂

I tried to clarify my initial poor choice of words- I was immaturely trying to capture attention and played with my words (I was in a bad place at time of posting). I do NOT think mental illness CAUSES faith, I simply wonder if mental illness can sometimes be a vehicle for a unique perspective.

This certainly is a weird thread- a lot of the responses were not very helpful. I’m trying to understand what is real and what is not and how my personal faith is affected by my personal situation.

Thank you for your careful thought and response.

Blessings Mije

I don't think your anything negatively about your OP- and don't worry about your choice of wording,it was what was on your heart at that time- you've initiated " discussion," and through a discussion we can figure it out along the way,together!

I'm sorry you haven't found anything helpful so far but perhaps if we knew better what you are struggling with we might be able to lend you a helpful hand -;in everything my hope is to support and encourage,lift you up and edify,everything is meant for your Good.So,if there's anything you don't quite get,ask,ask how it's meant and I know I'd be more than happy to explain as best I could.... Or differently that you could relate to!

We all have struggles,trials and very temporary situations because our lives are indeed very temporary - but our Lord Promised a Life More Abundant in Him.So,whatever your situation or circumstance God is not Limited in any Way,not by space or time! He Will certainly take you THROUGH anything Brother and will Provide all your needs- like US to be with you as well,you're not alone!

With love in Christ, Kwik

Your Faith can elevate you higher than your personal situation- and you will be very aware of what is real & what is not- your Personal,Intimate Relationship with God in Christ is what(WHO)!is REAL👍❤️🙏

• Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  162
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  03/28/1967

Threads get kind of screwy at times- posters respond only to the initial prompt and miss the evolution of ideas. This makes it difficult to keep it together. And then side conversations happen. And a whole lot of Bible verses get thrown into the mix both in and out of context. It can make one’s head spin😂‼️

But thank you @kwikphilly for the kindness. This forum has helped, I received some timely encouragement just a little while ago. 

I’m struggling a bit over here but it always works out one way of another- just wondering if there’s a purpose behind it besides the pain of it.

The race ends eventually, right? Might as well buckle in for the ride!

• Loved it! 1

43 minutes ago, Mije said:

Threads get kind of screwy at times- posters respond only to the initial prompt and miss the evolution of ideas. This makes it difficult to keep it together. And then side conversations happen. And a whole lot of Bible verses get thrown into the mix both in and out of context. It can make one’s head spin😂‼️

But thank you @kwikphilly for the kindness. This forum has helped, I received some timely encouragement just a little while ago. 

I’m struggling a bit over here but it always works out one way of another- just wondering if there’s a purpose behind it besides the pain of it.

The race ends eventually, right? Might as well buckle in for the ride!

Absolutely,the good Race has a finish line and a PRIZE!!! Praise Jesus!

Everything we go through in life DOES have a Purpose,pain is just a symptom that unfortunately we sometimes have to endure,for a time- nothing last forever on this ole earth!Sometimes it's hard to see the Purpose for what we are handed but as Believers we Know there is one,ultimately for our Good and to the Glory of God!

Live each day with Great Expectations- I'll leave the Scriptures be for right now,I'm trusting you turn to the Word of God in your quiet time,when you can Receive the Word!And then come here & ask questions,lots of questions .....Faith Comes by Hearing the Word of God( oops,there's a verse of Scripture!lol)

I'm glad you got some help,I hope you feel the love & support we send your way.Yep,buckle up and hang in there -:just be confident in WHO is in the Driver's Seat-;God is with you❤️

In His Love,Kwik

• Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,277
  • Content Per Day:  1.24

On 2/12/2023 at 9:48 AM, kwikphilly said:

Amen sister Kwik, it is beneficial to understand: The Power Of Agrrement and how it can effect us:Mentally, Physically, Spiritually.

In God all things are possible and we are far better of making our agreement with and in alignment with the Power Of The Word Of God than over any illness.

In Christ Jesus we  are: .A New Creation : 2 Corinthians 5:17

ww are more than Conqueres Romans: Ch 8:37

2 Corinthians 5:17…16So from now on we regard no one according to the flesh. Although we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer. 17Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away. Behold, the new has come! 18All this is from God, who reconciled us to Himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation:…

Romans: Ch 8

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.7:amen: Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you.:amen: Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you,:amen: :amen::amen:.12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.:amen:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.:amen:16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:amen::17:amen:; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.:amen:19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.:amen:22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.24 For we are saved by hope:amen:: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.:amen:27 And He that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because He maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.:amen:28 :amen: to them who are the called according to his purpose:amen:.29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?3:amen:He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?33:amen: Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.:amen:34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.:amen::amen::amen:

35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.

37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.:amen:

38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord:amen:

Thank you sister Kwik, it was a blessing reading your post.

God Bless you ! :amen:

• Praise God! 1