• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,591
  • Content Per Day:  12.14
  • Days Won:  31

14 hours ago, Logostician said:

Jesus unites God with humanity.  He was God and man.  He still is.  And his Spirit in us does the same thing.  Through the Spirit we have God in us.  This is the intimately close relationship between God and man that must exist for us to live eternally in the presence of God.  God's plan is perfect.  We just need to accept his loving purpose of unity with him.

John 17:11

And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

@Logostician The Incarnation is indeed a wondrous doctrine; John 1.14; Colossians 2.9; 1 Timothy 3.16.....

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,060
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

THE  TOPIC  ---  WHY  DID  CHRIST  COME 

JOHN 18:37  pilate therefore said unto  HIM  art thou a king then  JESUS  answered thou sayest that I am a king  ---TO  THIS  END  WAS  I  BORN  --  AND  FOR  THIS  CAUSE  --CAME--  I  INTO  THE WORLD--- that I should bear witness unto the truth everyone that is of the truth heareth  MY  voice 

1 JOHN 5:6  this is he that  --came--  by water and blood  even  --  JESUS  CHRIST-- not by water only but by water and blood and it is the spirit that beareth witness  ---BECAUSE  THE  SPIRIT  IS  TRUTH---

ACTS 3:26  unto you first  GOD  having raised up  HIS  SON  JESUS  --SENT  HIM--   TO  BLESS  YOU   --   IN  TURNING  AWAY  EVERYONE OF YOU  FROM  HIS  INIQUITIES

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  206
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,485
  • Content Per Day:  6.15
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

7 minutes ago, steve morrow said:

THE  TOPIC  ---  WHY  DID  CHRIST  COME 

JOHN 18:37  pilate therefore said unto  HIM  art thou a king then  JESUS  answered thou sayest that I am a king  ---TO  THIS  END  WAS  I  BORN  --  AND  FOR  THIS  CAUSE  --CAME--  I  INTO  THE WORLD--- that I should bear witness unto the truth everyone that is of the truth heareth  MY  voice 

1 JOHN 5:6  this is he that  --came--  by water and blood  even  --  JESUS  CHRIST-- not by water only but by water and blood and it is the spirit that beareth witness  ---BECAUSE  THE  SPIRIT  IS  TRUTH---

ACTS 3:26  unto you first  GOD  having raised up  HIS  SON  JESUS  --SENT  HIM--   TO  BLESS  YOU   --   IN  TURNING  AWAY  EVERYONE OF YOU  FROM  HIS  INIQUITIES

Yes, in coming He did bear witness to the truth and to be a blessing!  So He did this and took care if the sin issue in order for what to happen?

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  269
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,231
  • Content Per Day:  3.48
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

8 hours ago, Vine Abider said:

It is that simple - that we may have life!  He is life itself ("I am the . . . life")  His Spirit brings His life into us to make us sons with an amazing inheritance: "That you may know what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance IN the saints."  (Eph 1:18)

Yes & AMEN - all those things are true in Him!  And as a result of all this grand work, He now this one comes to live in us through His Spirit uniting with our spirits to make us His children, bring us into full fellowship with God and each other, and bring us into glory!  This indwelling Spirit/Comforter/Advocate has all the ability to "present you faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy!"  (Jude 1:24)

Hallelujah!  :emot-highfive:

Hi VA,

Yes, part of God`s great purposes.

However, we need to read scripture in context otherwise we end up making God`s word all about ourselves. So.....the prophets Jeremiah and Ezekiel, who are they referring to?

“Behold, the days are coming,” says the Lord, “when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, my covenant which they broke, though I was a husband to them.” says the Lord.

“But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel: after those days, “ says the Lord, “ I will put my law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people."  (Jer. 31 - 33)

"Therefore say to the house of Israel , “Thus says the Lord God, “I do not do this for your sake, O house of Israel, but for my holy name`s sake, which you have profaned among the nations, wherever you went. And I will sanctify my great name, which has been profaned among the nations, which you have profaned in their midst; and the nations shall know that I am the Lord,” says the Lord God, “when I am hallowed in you before their eyes.

For I will take you from among the nations, gather you into your own land. Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from your idols.

I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes and you will keep my judgments and do them."

Then you shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; you shall be my people and I will be your God. (Ez. 36: 22 - 28)

Those scriptures reveal the Lord God speaking to Israel and telling them what He will do - make a new covenant with them. We need to remember that Jesus came to His own, to Israel, to bring the message of the new covenant which is God`s method of restoring Israel to Himself - through Christ, their Messiah.

We read about that in through Zechariah when Jesus reveals Himself to Israel after the tribulation. Their eyes are opened by the Holy Spirit and they receive their Messiah. (Zech. 12: 7 - 10) Their hearts of stone are changed as they receive of Christ. They then walk in His ways and teach the nations His ways also. (Micah 4: 1 - 3)

Then we ask ourselves, “What about us, the Body of Christ?”

God being omniscient, (all knowing) knew that the nation of Israel would not accept Jesus when He was manifest as a man, so that purpose was put on hold while God brought about His hidden purpose - the Body of Christ.

Thus when Jesus ascended to the Father He was appointed to the highest position, the supreme ruler over all God`s great kingdom.

`God (Father) ...seated Him (Jesus) at His right hand in the heavenly places, far above all principality and power and might and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in that which is to come.

And He put all things under His feet and gave Him to be Head over all things to the Church which is His body the fullness of Him who fills all in all.` (Eph. 1: 20 - 23)

And with Him is His Body, whom He was made head of. And this Body, collectively a spiritual organism, receives the very divine nature of the Head - Christ.

And this is the `much more heavenly inheritance` that the Body of Christ receives more than Israel which has an earthly inheritance.

All these inheritances are brought about through Christ the mediator of the new covenant, by His Holy Spirit.

Marilyn.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Interesting! 1

IN  ORDER  FOR  WHAT  TO  HAPPEN

MARK 1:14  now after that john was put into prison  JESUS  came into galilee  ---preaching the gospel of the kingdom of  GOD---

--1:15--  and saying  ---the time is fulfilled and the kingdom of  GOD  is at hand   --REPENT YE--  and believe the gospel---

--1:17--  and  JESUS  said unto them  ---COME  YE  AFTER  ME  AND  I  WILL  MAKE  YOU  TO  BECOME  FISHERS  OF  MEN

2 TIMOTHY  2:24  and the servant of the lord must not strive but be gentle unto all men apt to teach patient 

--2:25  in meekness instructing those that oppose themselves if  GOD  peradventure  will give them repentance to the acknowledging of --- THE  TRUTH  ---

--2:26--  and that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil who are taken captive by him at his will

***IN  ORDER  FOR  WHAT  TO  HAPPEN***

2 THESSALONIANS 1:7  and to you who are troubled rest with us when  THE  LORD  JESUS  shall be revealed from heaven with  HIS  mighty angels 

--1:8-- in flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not  GOD  and that  --OBEY  NOT-- the gospel of our  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST

--1:9-- who shall be punished with the everlasting destruction from the presence of  THE  LORD  and from the glory of  HIS  power

HEBREWS 5:9  and being made perfect  HE  became  the  author  of  eternal  salvation ---UNTO  ALL  THEM  THAT   --OBEY--  HIM

PROVERBS 18:21  DEATH  AND  LIFE  ARE  IN  THE  POWER  OF  THE  TONGUE  AND  THEY  THAT  LOVE  IT  SHALL  EAT  THE  FRUIT  THEREOF 

10 hours ago, steve morrow said:

IN  ORDER  FOR  WHAT  TO  HAPPEN

MARK 1:14  now after that john was put into prison  JESUS  came into galilee  ---preaching the gospel of the kingdom of  GOD---

--1:15--  and saying  ---the time is fulfilled and the kingdom of  GOD  is at hand   --REPENT YE--  and believe the gospel---

--1:17--  and  JESUS  said unto them  ---COME  YE  AFTER  ME  AND  I  WILL  MAKE  YOU  TO  BECOME  FISHERS  OF  MEN

2 TIMOTHY  2:24  and the servant of the lord must not strive but be gentle unto all men apt to teach patient 

--2:25  in meekness instructing those that oppose themselves if  GOD  peradventure  will give them repentance to the acknowledging of --- THE  TRUTH  ---

--2:26--  and that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil who are taken captive by him at his will

***IN  ORDER  FOR  WHAT  TO  HAPPEN***

2 THESSALONIANS 1:7  and to you who are troubled rest with us when  THE  LORD  JESUS  shall be revealed from heaven with  HIS  mighty angels 

--1:8-- in flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not  GOD  and that  --OBEY  NOT-- the gospel of our  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST

--1:9-- who shall be punished with the everlasting destruction from the presence of  THE  LORD  and from the glory of  HIS  power

HEBREWS 5:9  and being made perfect  HE  became  the  author  of  eternal  salvation ---UNTO  ALL  THEM  THAT   --OBEY--  HIM

PROVERBS 18:21  DEATH  AND  LIFE  ARE  IN  THE  POWER  OF  THE  TONGUE  AND  THEY  THAT  LOVE  IT  SHALL  EAT  THE  FRUIT  THEREOF 

Can you please summarize your point here?

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Jesus came here to rectify what happened in the garden of Eden and to introduce us to the Father and make a way for us to be one with him through the trinity.

2 hours ago, other one said:

Jesus came here to rectify what happened in the garden of Eden and to introduce us to the Father and make a way for us to be one with him through the trinity.

Agreed!  And that last part is really the new covenant of the Spirit indwelling us, right?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

51 minutes ago, Vine Abider said:

Agreed!  And that last part is really the new covenant of the Spirit indwelling us, right?

right.   

FALSE  TEACHERS ???

PSALM 18:1  I  WILL  LOVE  THEE  O LORD  MY  STRENGTH 

--18:2-- THE  LORD  IS  MY  ROCK   --  and my fortress  --  and my deliverer  --  my  GOD  --  my strength  --IN  WHOM  I  WILL  TRUST   --  my buckler  --  and the horn of my salvation  --  and my high tower--

ISAIAH 2:22  cease you from man whose breath is in his nostrils for wherein is he to be accounted of 

DEUTERONOMY 18:18  I will raise them up a prophet from among their brethren like unto thee and will put  MY  words in  HIS  mouth and  HE  shall speak unto them --all that I shall command  HIM--

--18:19--and it shall come to pass that --whosoever will not hearken--  unto  MY  words  -- which  HE  shall speak in  MY  name  --I will require it of him--

JOHN 14:6  JESUS  saith unto him  --I am the way -- the truth -- and the life -- NO  MAN  COMETH  UNTO  THE  FATHER  --BUT  BY  ME--

ACTS 3:22  for moses truly said unto the fathers a  PROPHET  SHALL  THE  LORD  YOUR  GOD  raise up unto you of your brethren like unto me  HIM  shall you hear  --IN  ALL  THINGS--  whatsoever  HE  shall say unto you  

--3:23-- and it shall come to pass that every soul  ---  which will not hear that prophet  -- SHALL  BE  DESTROYED  FROM  AMONG  THE PEOPLE ---

PSALM 60:11 GIVE  US  HELP  TROUBLE  FOR  VAIN  IS  THE  HELP  OF  MAN 

2 TIMOTHY  2:7  consider what I say and  THE  LORD  give thee understanding  --in all things--

JOHN 6:63  IT  IS  THE  SPIRIT  THAT  QUICKENETH  THE  FLESH  PROFITETH  NOTHING  THE  WORDS  THAT  I  SPEAK  UNTO  YOU  THEY  ARE  SPIRIT  AND  THEY  ARE  LIFE 

2 CORINTHIANS 5:18  AND  ALL  THINGS  ARE  OF  GOD  WHO  HATH  RECONCILED  US  TO  HIMSELF  BY  JESUS  CHRIST  AND  HATH  GIVEN  TO  US  THE  MINISTRY  OF  RECONCILIATION