• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

14 minutes ago, kenny2212 said:

Okay. So was Jesus' resurrected body the same as it was before his death?

Well in did have the nail scars, and the dear wound, so it had some vestige of the old body. The to disciples on the road to Emmaus did not recognize Jesus right away, whether that was by design or  because His body was different I do not know

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,444
  • Content Per Day:  8.18
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, kenny2212 said:

kenny2212 said: 

Because you count the body to be something important. Why would God resurrect the mortal body just to destroy it soon after?

I responded:

You are going to have to ask Him, when you get a chance. 

Why would you NOT believe what the Bible says very clearly, that I have shown you?

Kinda like "kicking against the goads", imho.

Okay. Where in the Bible does it say that? Give me Chapter and Verse. NOT what you THINK a Chapter and Verse says. Chapter and Verse. Can you do this?

You asked a question, I told you to ask God.  Because the Bible doesn't answer your question.

My point is that there WILL BE a resurrection of the unsaved.  Dan 12:2, John 5:29 and Acts 24:15.  One EACH, for saved and unsaved.

Then, Rev 20:4-6 tells us the resurrection of the saved will be 1,000 years BEFORE the GWT, where all the unsaved will be judged and cast into the LOF.  And the LOF is also called the "second death".  That refers to the body that was resurrected.

There.  I proved with chapter and verse that God WILL destroy the recently resurrected body of all unbelievers.

Any questions?

2 hours ago, WilliamL said:

FreeGrace said: 

The "firstfruit" in 1 Cor 15:23 refers to the resurrection of Jesus, which will be followed by ALL believers, which will be "when He comes".

"when He comes" is an incorrect interpretation. The literal Greek reads "in the Parousia of Him." His Parousia [lit. being near] will be a continuing Presence into the world, just as took place during the Exodus, when He returned and stayed to deliver His people.

I think you are straining at gnats.  Check out biblehub.com and you will see that all of the English translations have either "at His coming", "in His coming" or "when He comes", EXCEPT 

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
Each person in his order; The Messiah was the first fruits; after this, those who are The Messiah's at his arrival.

So, all of those phrases mean the same thing.  The Second Advent.

2 hours ago, WilliamL said:

During His End Time Parousia, many events will take place over many years, including the initial Rapture, then subsequent rapture of the two witnesses, and the later resurrection of the beheaded Rev. 20:4 saints.

Nice try, but no dice.  Prove to me that the 2W receive recurrection glorified bodies.

Jesus didn't come when they were caught up to heaven.  Sso 1 Cor 15:23 refutes your idea.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,135
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, kenny2212 said:

God will not raise a physical, flesh (made from the dust) body, he raises spiritual bodies.

He raises bodies.. The physical body is transformed into a spiritual body, never to see decay again.  Just as Christs physical body was transformed into a spiritual body. We will be like Him.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  5,125
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

1 hour ago, kenny2212 said:

Okay. So was Jesus' resurrected body the same as it was before his death? When did it metamorphose into an incorruptible form?

I believe it was not fully transformed until He ascended. He told Mary not to touch Him in the early morning before He ascended to the Father. After He came back, He let everyone touch Him.

42 minutes ago, FreeGrace said:

all of the English translations have either "at His coming", "in His coming" or "when He comes"

παρουσία parousía, par-oo-see'-ah; from the present participle of G3918; a being near.

One cannot be near without coming, but to restrict a coming to a single moment is to add one's own beliefs to the Word. Which is what you are doing.

46 minutes ago, FreeGrace said:

Prove to me that the 2W receive recurrection glorified bodies.

They could not survive in heaven in God's Presence without a glorified body.

59 minutes ago, WilliamL said:

FreeGrace said: 

all of the English translations have either "at His coming", "in His coming" or "when He comes"

παρουσία parousía, par-oo-see'-ah; from the present participle of G3918; a being near.

One cannot be near without coming, but to restrict a coming to a single moment is to add one's own beliefs to the Word. Which is what you are doing.

I think you just keep missing the point here.  There WILL Be a Second Coming.  That is a singular event.  In EVERY verse that mentions "resurrection" it is in the singular.

The OT prophesied of TWO comings to earth for the Messiah.  The first one has already occurred.  There is just ONE more, the second advent.

I think your theology won't allow you to accept 1 Cor 15:23 for what it clearly says.

59 minutes ago, WilliamL said:

They could not survive in heaven in God's Presence without a glorified body.

Says who?  Since Jesus' ascension, all believers go to heaven.  Paul taught as much.

2 Cor 5-

Therefore we are always confident and know that as long as we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord. 
We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord.
Here, Paul is showing clearly that the believer is either:
1.  alive physically IN the body, or
2.  absent from the body and AT HOME with the Lord.  
He couldn't say any of this if your "survival" idea about heaven were true.

1 hour ago, FreeGrace said:

I think your theology won't allow you to accept 1 Cor 15:23 for what it clearly says.

And I think your theology allows you to put things into this verse other than what it says.

Re: 2 Cor. 5 with respect to the two witnesses, the former speaks of soul bodies in heaven before the return of Christ, while their physical bodies are in the grave; but the 2w are raised to heaven with their resurrected earthly bodies. Apples 🍎 and oranges 🍊.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,078
  • Content Per Day:  1.11

10 hours ago, WilliamL said:

Your error is to base your whole End Time resurrection theology on your misunderstood interpretation of 1 Cor. 15:23. So you have to twist all the other End Time prophecies into that interpretation.

Bingo. We have a winner.

• Haha 1

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.63

1 hour ago, Jimbosan said:

I would like to point out there is nothing in the Hebrew text to indicate the word 'World'. The doctrine that teaches an endless physical world is not there, and doctrine is instruction in Righteousness which is Right Living. 2Tim 3:16&17.

Hi and welcome Jimbosan

Since that isn't where the endless physical world is taught, no problem. 

It is taught by the body of Christ.  No matter what no matter where, it is physical.  It is a heavenly physical, or a presently unseen realm physical but it is physical, forever. 

Instead of bodies that corrupt, we will have bodies that don't corrupt.  

"Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount." Hebrews 8:5 KJV