• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.59
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

I just don't know- some say I was Saved as a wee little girl.:noidea:

Maybe you do know, but you just can't say, or shall I say, aren't allowed to say, for WHATEVER reason.  

Do you remember your first thoughts? Dreams?  I do.  And they are fairly vivid.  For a long time, when I first got serious,  I searched for them in the Bible, and I thought I would find them, they seem so real.  I can't hardly wait to get to heaven, so many many questions ...

I think when you speak, I hear you somewhat like you are a part of my being that I don't yet know myself, but one day will.  It gives me chills sometimes.  It's like with you, I can see how GOD works through another with completely different gifts and callings, and it brings me peace that I look forward to but can't have right now because MY calling is so different and I sure hope you can understand what I am saying because I probably sound like a nut.  Then again, I'll bet you do that to alot of souls.  

I live A LONG time loving God, or what I knew of Him, with all my heart.  I don't know why I got to live that way for so long, but I did.  So, do you ever wonder if those who were predestined (no freewill, like the prophets God called who didn't want the job and tried to talk God out of it one way or another like Moses, Jonah, and was it Jeremiah??)  KNEW GOD differently than those who are called? 
Example, there are those who HAVE AN all LIFE CHANGING experience when they are born again, and it is like they NEVER KNEW, before that point, the 'goodness' (for lack of words right now) of God leading your life

and then there are those who 'are baptized' who are more like Jesus was, where it needs to be done to follow the will of God and NOT SAYING they don't want it or have any 'miraculous' events take place also, but it is more of acknowledgement of the path they have always been on.  OK, I am asking questions I have never asked and if inappropriate please just delete the whole reply, as I know I have no real Scripture to back any of these...

• Interesting! 1

• Group:  Royal Member

3 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

I replied before this,I was responding to your OP ..

Now I have to read your next submission to the Topic before I respond👍

And I didn't read this before that.  How funny!!

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Selah7 said:

It only takes our Father’s wonderful and beautiful and all-sufficient GRACE to believe.  During the lowest times in my life, when perhaps I could have pushed God away, all I wanted was my Bible.  It was God’s GRACE drawing me to His Word and His faithful promises to me.  The Comforter met me there.  His words are what still carry me through each and every day.  My Redeemer lives!     S e l a h

Praise the Lord!!! and we can only pray that is the truth of all Christians.  But when we read things like

"Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord," 2 Peter 1:2 KJV 

"But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen." 2 Peter 3:18 KJV

"Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord." Colossians 3:16 KJV

that makes us realize, WE have to WORK to be a good soldier of Christ, knowing the GRACE is there to help us accomplish the desires of God.  

Do you ever feel like you just keep teaching salvation to the saved, but when trying to bring forth any knowledge that will keep the saved from being deceived (and losing that salvation through lack of knowledge), becomes almost impossible?  

Do you feel we remain in the season of spreading the good news or do you think we have moved into the season of not only spreading the good news but ALSO spreading how important the knowledge to withstand the fiery darts of Satan has become?  to not be deceived or overcome?   

1 hour ago, NConly said:

If I told how my child hood was no one would believe

Not one?  Are you sure?  If telling would make one person believe, wouldn't that be enough?  If you were telling it for the purposes of God, would it matter anyhow?  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,238
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

What do you mean by "believe"? If I was to look at the 12 and read the NT I get a good idea what it means to believe and I don't think there are many out there in the world today that believe if I was using His word and those in NT as examples. See you have to look at me as one of those your ALL IN or your not in at all. Not the best thinking that's for sure haha.

I know Jesus said if you were blind you would have no sin you say you see your sin remains. Its like seeing someone in mud. Some will say can you not see your in water others will say no your in dirt. Man and the enemy still telling us how easy it is to be lost even though your blind. 

Christ was not just some preacher out there yelling crying "please come to me". Why did those that took that woman tossed her at His feet just drop the stones one by one? Just Him saying "you with out sin cast the first stone"? That did it? No.. they would have toss those stones anyway. WHO is HE? He is truth He is the word. When He spoke it cut right to the heart. There was a light everyone saw. Today man with all his flaws tells you about Jesus the Catholic savoir, the Mormon savior, the STA savoir, Allah the Muslim a.. maybe might be the savoir.. on and on. 

So when you say believe in who? It is as He said if you were blind you would have no sin. Most are blind even believers to some degree are blind. There are so many things IF we truly believed He was who He said He was we would be doing every moment of every day. Just two things here... We would be praying and we would be praising Him continually "repeated frequently in the same way, regularly, without interruption; constantly". But were still human and just like in School we have clicks.. people stay in their own little group patting each other on the back praising each other. In truth its Christ were pushing away. 

If were talking about sheep and goats then how we treat the least of His brethren we are as He said really treating Him. To believe can simply seeing parts of creation and ...oh I want to know that God! That easy yet still being blind. So to bring this all home help you see this coming from someone "If I truly believe, If I truly love Him". Its a truth yet its wrong yet very hard to shake. He always says.. you will  never make it unless I pick you up, unless I lead you, unless you lean on me you will never make it. As a very old man of God said .. he was dying but had nothing what so ever to give a KING. God did something before He died because he never did anything.. that man never knew how faithful he was in prayer. 

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  11

15 minutes ago, DeighAnn said:

Praise the Lord!!! and we can only pray that is the truth of all Christians.  But when we read things like

"Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord," 2 Peter 1:2 KJV 

"But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen." 2 Peter 3:18 KJV

"Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord." Colossians 3:16 KJV

that makes us realize, WE have to WORK to be a good soldier of Christ, knowing the GRACE is there to help us accomplish the desires of God.  

Do you ever feel like you just keep teaching salvation to the saved, but when trying to bring forth any knowledge that will keep the saved from being deceived (and losing that salvation through lack of knowledge), becomes almost impossible?  

Do you feel we remain in the season of spreading the good news or do you think we have moved into the season of not only spreading the good news but ALSO spreading how important the knowledge to withstand the fiery darts of Satan has become?  to not be deceived or overcome?   

Yes, but in little bits and with discernment so that we “don’t overload their donkey.” :)  And a lesson doesn’t have to include everything that is written about a particular subject, I don’t think.  Little by little.  After all, we are just planting seeds; our Father brings the rain.  

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  349
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,519
  • Content Per Day:  2.69
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, DeighAnn said:

Can anyone 'believe' in something in which they possess NO TRUTH?  Can we believe in Jesus, if we don't know His words?

Hi DeighAnn,

The following is my personal opinion, but I think everyone is given truth in measure, as I explain my thoughts below.

I posed a similar question not long ago. “How much belief, trust, and faith equates to saving faith?” According to scripture, faith continues to grow (i.e., Romans 12:3; 2 Cor. 10:15). I submit it can be minute (adjective), as with a single mustard seed, it can grow immensely.

Luke 13:19 It is like a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and cast into his garden; and it grew, and waxed a great tree; and the fowls of the air lodged in the branches of it.

Abraham believed in God, and it was counted toward him as righteousness. What about the fallen spiritual realm?

Satan, the devils, and demons have no truth in them, yet they believe in Jesus as the Son of God and that He will do what He said He will. However, they have no personal relationship with Him and are anti-God.

James 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

Everyone is dealt a measure of truth, some more, some less. It is what is done by that measure of truth given, seek and find the truth, and a relationship with the living God.

Jeremiah 29:13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart. Matthew 7:7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

I believe all people are given a measure of truth in their hearts by the Creator God. With the visible evidence clearly seen in the heavens and creation. I think below is the standard, even for people who have never heard of Jesus or the Gospel. Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

Romans 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: [emphasis mine]

• Loved it! 1

28 minutes ago, Selah7 said:

Yes, but in little bits and with discernment so that we “don’t overload their donkey.” :)  And a lesson doesn’t have to include everything that is written about a particular subject, I don’t think.  Little by little.  After all, we are just planting seeds; our Father brings the rain.  

not just planting...:emot-prettywink:

"I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase." 1 Corinthians 3:6 KJV

"Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the LORD: his going forth is prepared as the morning; and he shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter and former rain unto the earth." Hosea 6:3 KJV

32 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

Hi DeighAnn,

The following is my personal opinion, but I think everyone is given truth in measure, as I explain my thoughts below.

I posed a similar question not long ago. “How much belief, trust, and faith equates to saving faith?” According to scripture, faith continues to grow (i.e., Romans 12:3; 2 Cor. 10:15). I submit it can be minute (adjective), as with a single mustard seed, it can grow immensely.

Luke 13:19 It is like a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and cast into his garden; and it grew, and waxed a great tree; and the fowls of the air lodged in the branches of it.

Abraham believed in God, and it was counted toward him as righteousness. What about the fallen spiritual realm?

Satan, the devils, and demons have no truth in them, yet they believe in Jesus as the Son of God and that He will do what He said He will. However, they have no personal relationship with Him and are anti-God.

James 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

Everyone is dealt a measure of truth, some more, some less. It is what is done by that measure of truth given, seek and find the truth, and a relationship with the living God.

Jeremiah 29:13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart. Matthew 7:7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

I believe all people are given a measure of truth in their hearts by the Creator God. With the visible evidence clearly seen in the heavens and creation. I think below is the standard, even for people who have never heard of Jesus or the Gospel. Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

Romans 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: [emphasis mine]

Thank you.  One of those enjoyable reads where you hit the scroll down and find it ends and you're sad.  I'll have to hit up your “How much belief, trust, and faith equates to saving faith?", thanks for the info