• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,339
  • Content Per Day:  2.77
  • Days Won:  0

7 minutes ago, farouk said:

@NConly What a great verse!

It is. Im getting flack over this post about timing. the key for me is the last words clearly say The former things have passed away, I assume that means the old earth has passed away also.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, ChristB4us said:

They were to expect that some of the Jews they were preaching in all the cities of Israel that believe in that kingdom of heaven will be persecuted and not to be discouraged when they see that happen to believers in those cities.

That's not what the scripture says.

According to Jesus words,they would be beaten in the the synagogues and delivered up to the gentiles ,kings and governor's.After they had endured all this,only then would they be saved.Now you claim that all this happened to the apostles one day,so what do you think they were saved from after enduring all this tribulation?

17 But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues;

18 And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles.

19 But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak.

20 For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.

21 And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.

22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

23 But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.

Edited by Shilohsfoal

1 hour ago, NConly said:

everything in this post is Former passed away

Really?

Everything?

The resurrection is passed away?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  956
  • Content Per Day:  2.38

1 hour ago, Shilohsfoal said:

That's not what the scripture says.

According to Jesus words,they would be beaten in the the synagogues and delivered up to the gentiles ,kings and governor's.After they had endured all this,only then would they be saved.Now you claim that all this happened to the apostles one day,so what do you think they were saved from after enduring all this tribulation?

17 But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues;

18 And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles.

19 But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak.

20 For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.

21 And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.

22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

23 But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.

It is because Israel is under the reign of Gentiles is why verse 18 is written after going to synagogues in verses 17.

Apply verse 22 to verse 23 to those they have preached to that go through that persecution.

Apply verse 23 to when Jesus comes back for them after preaching in all the cities of Israel;  not the places of the Gentiles outside of Israel. 

Jesus was to come back for them after sending them out all over Israel to continue with Him in ministry in Israel.  

20 minutes ago, ChristB4us said:

It is because Israel is under the reign of Gentiles is why verse 18 is written after going to synagogues in verses 17.

Apply verse 22 to verse 23 to those they have preached to that go through that persecution.

Apply verse 23 to when Jesus comes back for them after preaching in all the cities of Israel;  not the places of the Gentiles outside of Israel. 

Jesus was to come back for them after sending them out all over Israel to continue with Him in ministry in Israel.  

So you believed they went through the tribulation and then was saved from nothing?

What were they saved from?

And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

6 hours ago, Selah7 said:

Revelation 2:26-28
26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:

As you can see from this quote, overcoming and enduring are two different things.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,339
  • Content Per Day:  2.77
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Shilohsfoal said:

Really?

Everything?

The resurrection is passed away?

So I look at different than you. You appear to look at the verse being in a specific time period that All Things have not been finished. I look at the verse as speaking After All Things Are Finished. The Former Things Are Passed Away 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  956
  • Content Per Day:  2.38

34 minutes ago, Shilohsfoal said:

So you believed they went through the tribulation and then was saved from nothing?

What were they saved from?

And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

I believe that message was for the 12 disciples to share with those that believe when they suffer persecution in that city.  Note how He went from "ye" to "he" in that same verse.

1 hour ago, NConly said:

So I look at different than you. You appear to look at the verse being in a specific time period that All Things have not been finished. I look at the verse as speaking After All Things Are Finished. The Former Things Are Passed Away 

The problem is,I was referring to things before they are finished to begin with.

I was never talking about revelation 21 after all things are finished.I was speaking of those who lost their children in the great tribulation.

It's like two people standing in a field.one is consumed with fire while the other is not.Its not a joyous time when your child or parent just suffered a horrible death just before your eyes.You might be grateful that you were saved but your still going to be sad for your child.

I'm not talking about revelation 21 that takes place 1000 years after you watched you son destroyed.Im talking about when your son is destroyed and you are saved.

Edited by Shilohsfoal

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  11

3 hours ago, Last Daze said:

As you can see from this quote, overcoming and enduring are two different things.

Right.  Overcoming and enduring are two different things.  So what do you think it is that we endure until the end?