Wayne222

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

If someone does not fear God and doesn’t love the lord Jesus then you cannot love and marry them. You would be unequally yoke to them. Meaning you would not be walking together. It would fail unless you quit walking with God. And that would be a insult to the sacrifice of Christ. Even friendship with non Christians would be unequal. Fellowship with God and friendship with worldly people is impossible together. It’s being double minded.  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.90
  • Days Won:  1

This subject merits some deep consideration in respect to the Word.

2Co 6:14 -15  "You are not the same as those who don't believe. So don't join yourselves to them. Good and evil don't belong together. Light and darkness cannot share the same room. How can there be any unity between Christ and the devil? What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever?"   (ERV)

It is human nature to adopt the ways of those we seek association with, to become like them.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

If someone does not fear God and doesn’t love the lord Jesus then you cannot love and marry them. You would be unequally yoke to them. Meaning you would not be walking together. It would fail unless you quit walking with God. And that would be a insult to the sacrifice of Christ. Even friendship with non Christians would be unequal. Fellowship with God and friendship with worldly people is impossible together. It’s being double minded.  

You clearly do not live in the real world where people of very different views mix.

Are there no couples in your church where they married as non Christian and after marriage one became christian?

Do there marriages fail, do they cease walking with God?

Non christian friends, wow what a small world you live in.

So when Easter and Christmas come round, when your church does a men's meeting you have no non Christian ' friends ' to invite.

Ever noticed  that it was the pharisees  who add rules and laws onto God's commandments.

We are to imitate Jesus the ' friend ' of sinners

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,398
  • Content Per Day:  12.14
  • Days Won:  31

Amos 3.3: "Can two walk together, except they be agreed?"

There is also the fact that grace reached out to the believer "even when we were dead in sins" (Ephesians 2.5), so a situation that begins in far from ideal circumstances can be turned around in God's great love and mercy and grace.

But it is indeed important not to be unequally yoked.

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  431
  • Topics Per Day:  0.28
  • Content Count:  3,209
  • Content Per Day:  2.08

Unfortunately because of my illness, And me being an advanced aged unmarried female, An advanced aged unmarried and unwed Christian female, Unwed Christian woman,

Most of my Christian female friends from home school are already married with kids of their own. This leaves no place for me to interact with women who are Christians and living, the 'normal' Christian life. This is what I want, but there is no room for me in it.

Kids is not a good idea for me as I am dealing with a Serious Mental Illness. Being friends with women who are not Christians, is not a good idea for me, Because I am a Christain.

I can't really lead a 'normal Christian life' with a Serious Mental Illness, And too many Christians do not understand Serious Mental Illness, as in, No, it is not demons, And it is a clinical, medical condition in the brain. I don't know what I am supposed to do, or where I am supposed to be. 

• Praying! 4

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  431
  • Topics Per Day:  0.28
  • Content Count:  3,209
  • Content Per Day:  2.08

And in fact, According to the 'world' this is not even an issue, this is a non issue. According to, 'the world', An advanced aged unmarried female is of no issue, no concern.

Well it is, and it especially is to a Christian woman. Try telling that to the world, When you don't fit in with either.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,143
  • Content Per Day:  7.07
  • Days Won:  97

3 hours ago, SACREDWARRIOR said:

Hello,

As in all scripture, CONTEXT is important...I Became a Christian after I got married.....wife did not follow me in that journey for 11 years....we now have a beautiful Christ centered relationship...

The Unequally yoked passage..Is talking about a business arrangement, but does also apply to a marriage union...still we have to becareful not to Judge how God may be working in the circumstance.

THE BATTLE RAGES TIL THE LION ROARS,

Clarence

Indeed. I would never counsel a brother to divorce his wife if she were an unbeliever, knowing that the Lord plants us in the lives of others for the express purpose of showing forth His love to one and all. I would encourage him instead:

To sum up, all of you be harmonious, sympathetic, loving, compassionate, and humble; not returning evil for evil or insult for insult, but giving a blessing instead; for you were called for the very purpose that you would inherit a blessing. For,

“The one who desires life, to love and see good days,
Must keep his tongue from evil and his lips from speaking deceit.
He must turn away from evil and do good;
He must seek peace and pursue it.
For the eyes of the Lord are toward the righteous,
And His ears attend to their prayer,
But the face of the Lord is against evildoers.”

(1 Peter 3:8-12 NASB)

The Lord has done so with me, and I am neither a great nor noteworthy man. My adopted mother was bitter and loathed Christians, blaming us for the evils that were done to her over the course of her life. We were strangers when we first met, and the Lord moved upon me to protect her life with my own. Those were dark and evil times, but I was steadfast in that duty which the Spirit placed before me to walk in. He forbid me to reveal that which was hidden from this woman at the time --- I am a Christian myself --- for it was His will that one whom she despised serve in submission and silence, asking for nothing in return. Bless, and do not curse. Endure, and don't flee from our calling in Jesus Christ.  

The Lord Himself did the same for our sake. We are by no means greater than our Master. 

When the dark time passed and the Lord had delivered this woman from wicked men, I became ill with a mysterious sickness and started wasting away. There were some who said to this woman, "Get rid of him now before he dies in your house!", but she refused to abandon me. She promised that as I had refused to abandon her as her own family and even children had done, she would not abandon me. She would care for me until the end. 

She said and did all of these things without expectation of reward, ignorant of the will and purpose of our Lord and God. The wisdom of God would not be revealed until He did the impossible, returning me to vigorous health and ultimately, to her. This was His purpose, not my own. On the day when she came to me, and I both stood before her on my own two feet and spoke like a man (I had lost the ability to speak during the illness), she embraced me and wept tears of joy. "You've been returned to me! You're back!"

When the Lord raised me up, He said to me, This is your mother. Love her as I love you and serve her as I have also served you. Forgive her trespasses as I forgive your own trespasses and do not be afraid, for I am always with you.

This was when the Spirit bid me to reveal those things she didn't know: I am a Christian, a bondservant of the Lord Jesus Christ whom she loved during her youth. Whatever she did for my sake, she did for Him. She cared for me when I was sick, fed me when I was hungry, gave me water to drink when I was thirsty, and gave me clothing to wear when I had none... all without expectation of anything in return (a reward). The Lord loves her like no other, and it is His will that I serve her and stand beside her as her own son... the son who was taken away from her minutes after he was born. 

She was overwhelmed. The Spirit strengthened me to endure the long process which followed the revelation of His purpose regarding my adopted mother, and she hated me for a time. Ah, but this wasn't my strength but His own, for I wanted to run away many, many times! What did the Spirit say? Remain. Endure. Persevere. That is My will regarding you. I didn't forget that duty which the Lord placed before me, to love her just as He loves me. I was an enemy of God once... and He loved me even then. 

That's my encouragement to any brother or sister who finds themselves in a similar situation. Whether He charges us to love and serve a husband... a wife... a son or a daughter... or even a stranger, we are His bondservants. It's our joy and and the highest honor to love our neighbor as ourselves. :) 

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,407
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

8 hours ago, SACREDWARRIOR said:

As in all scripture, CONTEXT is important...I Became a Christian after I got married.....wife did not follow me in that journey for 11 years....we now have a beautiful Christ centered relationship...

The Unequally yoked passage..Is talking about a business arrangement, but does also apply to a marriage union...still we have to becareful not to Judge how God may be working in the circumstance.

This is a very good observation. The verse has been applied to marital relationships in Christian culture but looking at it and the surrounding verses it doesn't specify marriage at all. So I agree with you that the context is really more broad than people have come to interpret it.