• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  956
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  1

On 6/4/2023 at 4:31 PM, WilliamL said:

This is the only place I would quibble with your post. "The antichrist" not a term used in the Bible like most people (mis)use it today, and should be avoided. It only leads to confusion. My reasoning for saying so is found here:

https://www.worthychristianforums.com/blogs/entry/1150-the-antichrist-myth/

From the link:

"The Antichrist – a term broadly used throughout the Church to describe a single man who will come to rule the whole world – is a myth based upon an old rumor.

This rumor has its first and only biblical reference in 1 John 1:18 –

1 John 2:18 Little children, it is a last hour; and as you have heard that Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is a last hour. 19 They went out from us, but they were not of us…

John never acknowledges any truth to this “as you have heard” rumor. Quite the contrary, John later provides a significantly different doctrine of antichrist:"  

1 John 1:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

I am not seeing it as dispelling that truth that the antichrist shall come.  John is adding an awareness that even now, there are many antichrists for why we know it is the last time.

1 John 2:22 Who is the liar but the one [i.e. each one: see 2:18 above] denying that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one denying the Father and the Son. 23 Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father either… 4:3 And every spirit that does not confess that Jesus has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the* [spirit] of the antichrist, that you have heard is coming, and now already it is in the world.   * The Greek article to = “the” is neuter, agreeing with pneuma/spirit.

1 John 2:22-23 can be applied as towards a false prophet's words but 1 John 4:3 is about testing the spirits in the context of 1 John 4:1-4

1 John 4:1Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. 2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

John is not talking about anyone confessing that Jesus Christ had actually come in the flesh but where Jesus Christ is presently in verse 2 which is the same as what Paul is saying in the examination of our faith of Jesus Christ is in us per 2 Corinthians 13:5 .  We can know this to be true by the following two verses.

3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. 4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

To be clearer still;

Matthew 24:23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. 24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Apply that to Azusa Street Revival, holy laughter movement, slain in the spirit, being drunk in the spirit, Pensacola Outpouring, Toronto's Blessings, and even Ernest Angeley's Healing Crusade where he announces the coming of the Holy Spirit in falling on already saved believer to make them lose self control & fall backwards to get a miracle.  That is the spirit of the antichrist which is in the world.

So tying in John's warning about those who teach otherwise in denying Jesus is the Christ; this is how they say that is the Spirit of Christ moving here of there. 

Antichrist means "instead of Christ" or to be more precise "instead of the Son".  The real indwelling Holy Spirit will always keep your eyes on the Son in worship whereas the spirits of the antichrist do not, by using their visitations of signs & lying wonders to take the believers eyes off of the Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, in chasing after them to receive by a sign or miracle.

Keep your eyes on the Bridegroom for He will be coming soon & chase no more after those spirits for any filling or receiving whatsoever or risk being left behind for being out to the market.  Matthew 25:1-13

As it is, there is an antichrist coming, that son of perdition, but there are many antichrists and spirits of the antichrist in the world.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  956
  • Content Per Day:  2.45

@JoeCanada

You should consider that the elect are those chosen out of the called as the firstfruits of the resurrection to be taken at the pre great tribulation rapture event when Christ comes as the Bridegroom to judge His House first.  That would include both O.T. saints and those abiding in Him as His disciples along with those living that are abiding in Him & are willing to go by His grace & by His help.

Luke 13:24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. 25 When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are: 26 Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets. 27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity. 28 There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out. 29 And they shall come from the east, and from the west, and from the north, and from the south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God. 30 And, behold, there are last which shall be first, and there are first which shall be last.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,117
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

19 hours ago, ChristB4us said:

there is an antichrist coming, that son of perdition, but there are many antichrists and spirits of the antichrist in the world.

Indeed. There are also other antichrists coming, including the Beast, False Prophet, and Gog. Which is why I make it a point to challenge the term "The Antichrist,"  which can be misleading for uneducated believers.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,143
  • Content Per Day:  0.47

1 hour ago, WilliamL said:

Indeed. There are also other antichrists coming, including the Beast, False Prophet, and Gog. Which is why I make it a point to challenge the term "The Antichrist,"  which can be misleading for uneducated believers.

"Anti" can mean "against" or "instead of"  - or both combined, i.e against and instead of.

John 4:25

25 The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things.

The term Christ (Christos) in context of the first century, is a greek adaption for the jewish word for anointed.     The kings and the priests were considered anointeds.

"the" messiah that the Jews back then and today are looking for is referring to one special anointed, to be descended from King David, to become the King of Israel for the messianic age.

The Jews believe that the messiah will be anointed King of Israel by a known prophet.   They are also expecting Elijah to come as a lead-in to the messianic age of peace and safety among other things.

Following Gog/Magog event, the little horn person as the prince who shall come (from the EU) will be anointed the King of Israel, by the false prophet, who the Jews will mistake for Elijah.

The Jews, many of them, think the messiah will appear following Gog/Magog.  

The little horn person will appear to them to be the messiah because prior to Gog/Magog he will stage the EU army in Greece to present a deterrent to the invasion (from Daniel 8:23, it says he stands up, an idiom for prepares to go to war).

Although the Gog/Magog event will happen anyway, it will look to the Jews as though the little horn intended to fight the battles of God in defending Israel.    The Jews get the belief of the messiah fighting the battles of God in defending Israel from one of their most well-known theologians - the RamBam.

So following God's supernatural destruction of the Russian/Muslim coalition, the little horn on the pretext of keeping peace in the region (remember peace and safety, a hallmark the Jews are expecting of the messiah) will bring his EU army into the middle-east.

Actually, what he will really be interested in is securing all the oil in the region for the EU.

Once anointed the King of Israel - that's what makes him officially the Antichrist.

Is there someone right now, such a candidate?   A Jew ?   Who has established himself as a world known politician (also a requirement of the Rambam) and with military leadership and is opposed to Russian military activity? 

Yes, there is.     Zelensky of  Ukraine, which Ukraine has been put fast-track by the EU to become a full member state.    

Can't say for certain.   Will have to wait and see if Zelensky becomes the leader over a group of ten EU leaders (the ten horn kings and the ten kings of Daniel 7).

Edited by douggg

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,117
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

10 minutes ago, douggg said:

Is there someone right now, such a candidate?   A Jew ?   Who has established himself as a world known politician (also a requirement of the Rambam) and with military leadership and is opposed to Russian military activity? 

Yes, there is.     Zelensky of  Ukraine, which Ukraine has been put fast-track by the EU to become a full member state.    

You're trying to make me throw up, aren't you? What a totally disgusting proposition! The guy makes me ill.

Fortunately, chances of this coming to pass are next to nil.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,143
  • Content Per Day:  0.47

5 minutes ago, WilliamL said:

You're trying to make me throw up, aren't you? What a totally disgusting proposition! The guy makes me ill.

Fortunately, chances of this coming to pass are next to nil.

I know the Russians don't care for him.   I think he has a high approval rate among his countrymen though.

There is a song about him on You Tube - "Can one man save the world?"   has a Ukrainian flag on the video.