• Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,712
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

46 minutes ago, Dave-regenerated said:

I used parenthesis on purpose.  It's in there.  I wasn't referring to the mode of salvation through Christ but to the way God deals with people when He brings them to Himself.

The parenthesis part wasn't the comments that confused me, but I do understand what your saying now. I apologize for my misunderstanding.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  302
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  0

9 minutes ago, The_Patriot21 said:

The parenthesis part wasn't the comments that confused me, but I do understand what your saying now. I apologize for my misunderstanding.

Apology accepted.  But don't do it again.  Only kidding.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  958
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,678
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

[I Never Knew You]

..."Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’  And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

[Build on the Rock]

“Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock:  and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock.

“But everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand: and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall.”....

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,460
  • Content Per Day:  8.09

4 hours ago, Alive said:

For myself, I know because the Messiah revealed Himself to me. Do you recall at the end of Luke after Jesus had risen and Luke wrote that Jesus “opened their minds” to see Him for who He was?

In the case of both Cornelius (Acts 10) and Lydia (Acts 16), their minds were opened because they were "worshipers of God", though unsaved.  iow, they recognized that God existed, was Creator and therefore worshiped Him.

God doesn't force anyone's mind to be opened.  He opens the minds of those who already worship Him.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Dave-regenerated said:

Of course the prophets (some of them) knew something of Christ but my intimation was that they didn't have full revelation.  So I think you misunderstood.

Aren't you aware of the fact that ALL of Paul's evangelism was based on "the Scriptures"?  Which means ONLY the OT since the NT hadn't been written yet.

Acts 9:20-22

20 At once he began to preach in the synagogues that Jesus is the Son of God. 
21 All those who heard him were astonished and asked, “Isn’t he the man who raised havoc in Jerusalem among those who call on this name? And hasn’t he come here to take them as prisoners to the chief priests?” 
22 Yet Saul grew more and more powerful and baffled the Jews living in Damascus by proving that Jesus is the Messiah.

Acts 17:2-3

And Paul went in, as was his custom, and on three Sabbath days he reasoned with them from the Scriptures, explaining and proving that it was necessary for the Christ to suffer and to rise from the dead, and saying, “This Jesus, whom I proclaim to you, is the Christ.”

In Acts 9, Paul proved that Jesus is the Messiah from the OT.  Same in Acts 17.

3 hours ago, Dave-regenerated said:

You are limiting God by claiming he is chained to saving people in only one way. ( I didn't say Jesus, as that is obvious.  We are Christians here).  If you don't accept other people's testimonies of salvation, nobody should be inclined to accept yours either.  Period.

Where in the Bible do you have any evidence of anyone being saved other than by faith in the Messiah?

I can guarantee that there is no evidence.

2 hours ago, The_Patriot21 said:

Fair enough, I'm human, misunderstandings happen... but I don't see any other way of reading it. You accused someone of limiting God to saving people in one way, however, scripturally there is only one way. 

So explain to me what you meant there. I'll admit I haven't read the entire thread, but I'm not seeing another way to read it off hand.

I also read the other poster the way you do.  And the Bible is so clear;  only one way to salvation.  Acts 4:12, 10:43, etc.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  302
  • Content Per Day:  0.47

6 minutes ago, FreeGrace said:

Aren't you aware of the fact that ALL of Paul's evangelism was based on "the Scriptures"?  Which means ONLY the OT since the NT hadn't been written yet.

Acts 9:20-22

20 At once he began to preach in the synagogues that Jesus is the Son of God. 
21 All those who heard him were astonished and asked, “Isn’t he the man who raised havoc in Jerusalem among those who call on this name? And hasn’t he come here to take them as prisoners to the chief priests?” 
22 Yet Saul grew more and more powerful and baffled the Jews living in Damascus by proving that Jesus is the Messiah.

Acts 17:2-3

And Paul went in, as was his custom, and on three Sabbath days he reasoned with them from the Scriptures, explaining and proving that it was necessary for the Christ to suffer and to rise from the dead, and saying, “This Jesus, whom I proclaim to you, is the Christ.”

In Acts 9, Paul proved that Jesus is the Messiah from the OT.  Same in Acts 17.

Where in the Bible do you have any evidence of anyone being saved other than by faith in the Messiah?

I can guarantee that there is no evidence.

You can't guarantee there is no evidence.  In order to do that you would have no know if any of the Israelites that weren't prophets were saved in the Old Testament. This is not part of your knowledge, so I know you are bluffing.  You simply cannot know that information by natural means.  

You need to also read the other posts in the threads because they explain the gist of the discussion. I noticed you seemed to skip them because I already wrote about limiting God and confusing that with me saying there are more ways to God than through Jesus Christ.  I'm so very sorry you didn't see it.

By the way, your combative approach is not friendly.  There may be others that have noticed that, too, and not just me?

Edited by Dave-regenerated

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,049
  • Content Per Day:  1.60

7 minutes ago, FreeGrace said:

Aren't you aware of the fact that ALL of Paul's evangelism was based on "the Scriptures"?  Which means ONLY the OT since the NT hadn't been written yet

It's amazing that people were saved in Jesus BEFORE the New Testament was written isn't it? I've never seen anyone preach salvation only using the Old Testament, yet the the early church only preached Christ from the Old Testament for the first generation.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  392
  • Content Per Day:  0.98

Without having to go by the specifics, of what the Word of God states, even though, that is what did happen.   I however know, that I am Saved, because, Specific Gifts, of the Holy Spirit, are active in my Ministry.

Have to be Saved, to be filled with the Holy Spirit, to have Gifts.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.49
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

Yes…they used the OT to show the Jews a different Messiah than they expected, but remember the apostles and many other disciples also spoke from their own testimony of Him.

Many even saw Him after He resurrected. These were eye-witnesses and they did just what Jesus told them to do.

Try to picture that kind of preaching and teaching in your mind’s eye…amazing!