• Days Won:  0

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  774
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,949
  • Content Per Day:  3.06
  • Days Won:  1

Luke 16:16 The Law and the prophet were until John.

Bible says John was the last prophet.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

On 6/7/2023 at 7:39 PM, R. Hartono said:

Luke 16:16 The Law and the prophet were until John.

Bible says John was the last prophet.

Surly your are incorrect here...R. Hartono?

Where does the bible say John was the last prophet...and what do you do with...Eph 4:11  "And He gave some as apostles, and some as prophets, and some as evangelists, and some as pastors and teachers... 

Tatwo...:)

5 hours ago, tatwo said:

Surly your are incorrect here...R. Hartono?

Where does the bible say John was the last prophet...and what do you do with...Eph 4:11  "And He gave some as apostles, and some as prophets, and some as evangelists, and some as pastors and teachers... 

The gift of prophecy is one of 9 gifts of Holy Spirit. 

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1 Corinthians 12%3A8-10&version=KJV 

But does not make someone a prophet like John the baptist or other Old Testament prophets like Moses, Elijah, Jeremiah etc.

Because the Law and the prophets were until John.

Prophets of Old Testament communicated directly with Elohim. Which is a big difference.

I did not open his link, its insecure. So i don't know what Kenny is referring to.

Edited by R. Hartono

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  359
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

4 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1 Corinthians 12%3A8-10&version=KJV 

But does not make someone a prophet like John the baptist or other Old Testament prophets like Moses, Elijah, Jeremiah etc.

Because the Law and the prophets were until John.

Prophets of Old Testament communicated directly with Elohim. Which is a big difference.

I did not open his link, its insecure. So i don't know what Kenny is referring to.

The only way there would longer be any prophets is if God no longer speaks to his creation.

Jeremiah 35:15 (NKJV) -  15 I have also sent to you all My servants the prophets, rising up early and sending them, saying, 'Turn now everyone from his evil way, amend your doings, and do not go after other gods to serve them; then you will dwell in the land which I have given you and your fathers.' But you have not inclined your ear, NOR OBEYED ME.

Connect the dots.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.75

45 minutes ago, kenny2212 said:

The only way there would longer be any prophets is if God no longer speaks to his creation.

I can see your point here as a valid one.

But:

In the days of Jeremiah we didn't have Holy Spirit to speak to us, since the Pentecost we do so prophets are no longer needed for God to speak to his creation.

Maybe that is why Jesus warned us of false prophets to come, that we should look out for them and not find ourselves deceived.

Just my thoughts.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, FJK said:

In the days of Jeremiah we didn't have Holy Spirit to speak to us, since the Pentecost we do so prophets are no longer needed for God to speak to his creation.

Maybe that is why Jesus warned us of false prophets to come, that we should look out for them and not find ourselves deceived.

Just my thoughts.

Prophets of Old Testament communicated directly with Elohim and they wrote the Old Testament Bible as a complete Book. So God do not need any more prophet to add His message in a Book called the Bible. 

At charismatic church some people have the gift of prophecy / Xenolalia, but they never call themselves as prophets. God has His message complete in the Bible, He doesnt need another prophet to add the Bible.

Edited by R. Hartono

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  359
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

7 hours ago, FJK said:

I can see your point here as a valid one.

But:

Just my thoughts.

The Hebrew word for Prophet is "navi". It means to "to proclaim". The Prophet is the Evangelist under the Old Covenant while the Evangelist is the Prophet under the New Covenant. So, as long as there are still Evangelists, there will be Prophets. Besides - Eph. 4:11 (NKJV) (A New Testament Scripture) - And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers... 

On 6/10/2023 at 12:00 PM, R. Hartono said:

Greetings R. Hartono

Understood…and agreed...this is the word prophéteia and is the gift of communicating and enforcing revealed truth by those in the Body of Christ for encouragement among other types of edification.  

Our discussion however…is based upon your written statement Bible says John was the last prophet” on 06/07/23. To which I responded with Ephesians 4:11…that is the word prophétés one who declares the mind (message) of God, which sometimes predicts the future and more commonly, speaks forth His message for a particular situation. 

You are doing an “apples” to “oranges” comparison here…because they are different words with different applications and meanings.

On 6/10/2023 at 12:00 PM, R. Hartono said:

Again I agree with you here concerning the manifestation of the Holy Spirit in the Body of Christ as prophéteia. It would appear that this “manifestation” could potentially come upon anyone in the Body of Christ. As such…if it were an authentic manifestation of the “Holy Spirit”…once having been tested to determine its veracity as “Word of/from God”...which separates men to God...it feeds the Body. 

Once again…this is not a reference to the word prophétés”  which is the designation by which John the Baptist was referred to as a “prophet.” 

My reference of Ephesians 4:11was to the “gift” of “prophet – prophétés  to the Body of Christ from the Lord Himself as He slipped back behind the veil. Prophet is one of 5 “graces” bestowed upon the “Body of Christ” by the Lord Yahshua Christ Himself and even a cursory reading of the following 5 verses offer an explanation of their essential function in the Body of Christ on earth yet today. 

These “gifted” prophets communicate with the same God as the old testament prophets…with one difference...since Pentecost the living God dwells within the prophet themselves now…something the ancient prophets prophesied about on a occasion. 

Additionally, John the Baptist while alive…was yet under the law like Moses, Elijah, Jeremiah and Yahshua Himself….with that light…I might agree that “Bible says John was the last prophet”…that would be of the Old Testament however. This is likely why The Lord Yahshua said of John…”Truly I say to you, among those born of women there has not arisen anyone greater than John the Baptist! Yet the one who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.”

To think that the last prophet...ever...was John the Baptist or that there are no prophets today...takes a lot of Blackmagic mindfoolery...look...R. Hartono you simply must of missed these.

"Now at this time some prophets came down from Jerusalem to Antioch. One of them named Agabus stood up and began to indicate by the Spirit that there would certainly be a great famine all over the world. And this took place in the reign of Claudius." (Act 11:27-28 NASB) 

"Now there were at Antioch, in the church that was there, prophets and teachers: Barnabas, and Simeon who was called Niger, and Lucius of Cyrene, and Manaen who had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul." (Act 13:1 NASB) 

"When they had read it, they rejoiced because of its encouragement. Judas and Silas, also being prophets themselves, encouraged and strengthened the brethren with a lengthy message." (Act 15:31-32 NASB) 

"As we were staying there for some days, a prophet named Agabus came down from Judea. And coming to us, he took Paul's belt and bound his own feet and hands, and said, "This is what the Holy Spirit says: 'In this way the Jews at Jerusalem will bind the man who owns this belt and deliver him into the hands of the Gentiles." (Act 21:10-11 NASB) 

"Now you are Christ's body, and individually members of it. And God has appointed in the church, first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, administrations, various kinds of tongues." (1Co 12:27-28 NASB)

"Let two or three prophets speak, and let the others pass judgment." (1Co 14:29 NASB) 

"So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints, and are of God's household, having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus Himself being the corner stone, in whom the whole building, being fitted together, is growing into a holy temple in the Lord, in whom you also are being built together into a dwelling of God in the Spirit." (Eph 2:19-22 NASB)

"And He gave some as apostles, and some as prophets, and some as evangelists, and some as pastors and teachers..." (Eph 4:11 NASB)

If you follow John MacArthur and others like him in the "cessation of the charismata" lie...you will be deceived by being qualified as one of those people who "holding to a form of godliness, although they have denied its power; Avoid such men as these."