• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  774
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,949
  • Content Per Day:  3.06
  • Days Won:  1

7 hours ago, tatwo said:

To think that the last prophet...ever...was John the Baptist or that there are no prophets today...takes a lot of Blackmagic mindfoolery...look...R. Hartono you simply must of missed these.

"Now at this time some prophets came down from Jerusalem to Antioch. One of them named Agabus stood up and began to indicate by the Spirit that there would certainly be a great famine all over the world. And this took place in the reign of Claudius." (Act 11:27-28 NASB) 

"Now there were at Antioch, in the church that was there, prophets and teachers: Barnabas, and Simeon who was called Niger, and Lucius of Cyrene, and Manaen who had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul." (Act 13:1 NASB) 

"When they had read it, they rejoiced because of its encouragement. Judas and Silas, also being prophets themselves, encouraged and strengthened the brethren with a lengthy message." (Act 15:31-32 NASB) 

"As we were staying there for some days, a prophet named Agabus came down from Judea. And coming to us, he took Paul's belt and bound his own feet and hands, and said, "This is what the Holy Spirit says: 'In this way the Jews at Jerusalem will bind the man who owns this belt and deliver him into the hands of the Gentiles." (Act 21:10-11 NASB) 

"Now you are Christ's body, and individually members of it. And God has appointed in the church, first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, administrations, various kinds of tongues." (1Co 12:27-28 NASB)

"Let two or three prophets speak, and let the others pass judgment." (1Co 14:29 NASB) 

"So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints, and are of God's household, having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus Himself being the corner stone, in whom the whole building, being fitted together, is growing into a holy temple in the Lord, in whom you also are being built together into a dwelling of God in the Spirit." (Eph 2:19-22 NASB)

"And He gave some as apostles, no and some as prophets, and some as evangelists, and some as pastors and teachers..." (Eph 4:11 NASB)

If you follow John MacArthur and others like him in the "cessation of the charismata" lie...you will be deceived by being qualified as one of those people who "holding to a form of godliness, although they have denied its power; Avoid such men as these."

Tatwo...:)

Its Bible who says Agabus, Judas and Silas were prophets who lived during John the baptist era who was martyred. I agree with that because Bible says it. Its actually the gift of prophecy which is one of the nine gifts of Holy Spirit. Because Agabus, Judas or Silas did not add anything to the Bible.

But if you refer to someone as a prophet in this modern time, its you who claim it, not God.

God message is completed in OT and NT, God do not need to send another prophet to add the Bible.

What goodness for you to claim here is prophet, there is a prophet ?

As God says it the law and the prophet were until John. What do this mean to you ?

Edited by R. Hartono

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  180
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

48 minutes ago, R. Hartono said:

But if you refer to someone as a prophet in this time, its you who claim it, not God.

I know this scripture has already been pointed out but what do you say about the last days

Act 2:17

In the last days, God says,   I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
  Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions,
    your old men will dream dreams

Here we are told that God will pour out his spirit and people will prophesy in the last days

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  581
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

Hartono, 

If you do not want to look at or read what I posted to you…fine…why keep the discussions going then? I really do not care if you believe me or not…I was only trying to help your understanding and I posted plenty of scriptural reference to support my response to you. The grace of Yahshua…is given to His Body as a true manifestation of His love…if you reject that…where does that leave you? John may well have been the last prophet of the OT law as stated…nowhere does it say that there are no longer prophets of God in the earth…those who teach that…deceive…accountability has drawn near.

1 hour ago, R. Hartono said:

Its Bible who says Agabus, Judas and Silas were prophets who lived during John the baptist era who was martyred. I agree with that because Bible says it.

Agabus, Judas and Silas were recorded as being prophets when the book of Acts was written which was at least 30 years after John’s beheading. Additionally that was after the law of Moses had been fulfilled…Christ was resurrected and ascended they were clearly Prophets in the NT… 

Just clarifying to you and the others that as you said…“Bible says John was the last prophet” is not correct…and restating an important reality…the Body of Christ has Prophets and they are alive and they are part of the grace that builds the Body…they are necessary…they are gifts from God.

But if you refer to someone as a prophet in this time, its you who claim it, not God

Quite clearly God has claimed some are prophets...in the "church" at this time you can read it yourself.

“Now you are Christ's body, and individually members of it. And God has appointed in the church, first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, administrations, various kinds of tongues.” (1Co 12:27-28 NASB)

God message is completed in OT and NT, God do not need to send another prophet to add the Bible.

I do not recall mentioning that there are Prophets adding to the bible…there are scriptural prophecies that are both being fulfilled right now and there are prophecies yet to be revealed as we move into eternity. Prophets are among those who bring these revelations to light in regards to the day of their fulfillment.

The scriptures claim it for one…The Lord Yahshua gave them as grace to His Body for two…the NT gives us examples of them functioning among the people of God on the earth for three…hello?

As God says it the law and the prophet were until John. What do this mean to you ?

Just that R. Hartono…Once John was gone...apparently so were the last of the OT prophets who existed under the law…exactly as it says. Once the law was “fulfilled” in Christ Yahshua…if you finish that verse you are quoting…The Law and the Prophets were proclaimed until John; since that time the gospel of the kingdom of God has been preached, and everyone is forcing his way into it.”

I hope this helps friend...if not and all you want to do is ignore what I post and then argue...I have no more energy for that with you.

46 minutes ago, Jaydub said:

I know this scripture has already been pointed out but what do you say about the last days

Act 2:17

In the last days, God says,   I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
  Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions,
    your old men will dream dreams

Here we are told that God will pour out his spirit and people will prophesy in the last days

Thats the gift of prophecy, its one of the 9 gifts of Holy Spirit.

There is no goodness for christians in this modern Times to claim "there is a prophet or here is a prophet". 

The word of God is completed in the Bible. God do not send any other prophets to add the Bible.

@tatwo

• Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  180
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

2 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

Thats the gift of prophecy, its one of the 9 gifts of Holy Spirit.

There is no goodness for christians in this modern Times to claim "there is a prophet or here is a prophet". 

The word of God is completed in the Bible. God do not send any other prophets to add the Bible.

and what does one do when God gives them the gift of prophecy?

35 minutes ago, Jaydub said:

and what does one do when God gives them the gift of prophecy?

The gift is simply a gift to utter prophecy. The gift is not a decree that somebody is a prophet. Its just a gift. 

And in modern times most prophetic messages are fake. 

Bible is completed we don't need another prophet to add message into the Bible.

Edited by R. Hartono

• Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  359
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

4 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

Its Bible who says Agabus, Judas and Silas were prophets who lived during John the baptist era who was martyred. I agree with that because Bible says it. Its actually the gift of prophecy which is one of the nine gifts of Holy Spirit. Because Agabus, Judas or Silas did not add anything to the Bible.

But if you refer to someone as a prophet in this modern time, its you who claim it, not God.

R. Hartono, we are not saying anybody should add to the bible! What we are saying is if God desires to get a message across to someone, He might send a prophet to them.

Jeremiah 35:15 (NKJV) -  I have also sent to you all My servants the PROPHETS, rising up early and sending them, saying, 'Turn now everyone from his evil way, amend your doings, and do not go after other gods to serve them; then you will dwell in the land which I have given you and your fathers.' But you have not inclined your ear, NOR OBEYED ME.

Acts 21:10-11 (NKJV) -  10 And as we stayed many days, a certain PROPHET named Agabus came down from Judea. 11 When he had come to us, he took Paul's belt, bound his own hands and feet, and said, "THUS SAYS THE HOLY SPIRIT, 'So shall the Jews at Jerusalem bind the man who owns this belt, and deliver him into the hands of the Gentiles.' "

Edited by kenny2212

14 minutes ago, kenny2212 said:

R. Hartono, we are not saying anybody should add to the bible! What we are saying is if God desires to get a message across to someone, He might send a prophet to them.

Jeremiah 35:15 (NKJV) -  I have also sent to you all My servants the PROPHETS, rising up early and sending them, saying, 'Turn now everyone from his evil way, amend your doings, and do not go after other gods to serve them; then you will dwell in the land which I have given you and your fathers.' But you have not inclined your ear, NOR OBEYED ME.

Acts 21:10-11 (NKJV) -  10 And as we stayed many days, a certain PROPHET named Agabus came down from Judea. 11 When he had come to us, he took Paul's belt, bound his own hands and feet, and said, "THUS SAYS THE HOLY SPIRIT, 'So shall the Jews at Jerusalem bind the man who owns this belt, and deliver him into the hands of the Gentiles.' "

Of course but there is no more prophet like Jeremiah in OT or Agabus in NT in this modern Times. 

• Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  359
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

5 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

Of course but there is no more prophet like Jeremiah in OT or Agabus in NT in this modern Times. 

What makes Jeremiah and Agabus so special?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  581
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

5 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

Well there you go Hartono...you went from “Bible says John was the last prophet”  to...since the bible says Agabus was a prophet in Pauls day...long after John the Baptist...John qualifies as maybe the last OT prophet. Many believe the scripture is complete...I am of the opinion others can believe as they wish...there are a number of biblical prophecies being revealed and fulfilled in our day...and this will continue until the plan of God is complete. That is part of the reason we have been graced with prophets...it's a tried and true way for the Lord Yahshua to communicate with us through us.