• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,165
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

8 hours ago, Ghostdog said:

do you think that a christian should medical marijuana in any circumstance?

I don't have a issue with medical use especially if it can actually treat a given medical condition to reduce suffering. That is the purpose of many medications used in the past and present. That is a far different thing than just getting high legally.

Frankly, now that medical use is being legalized in more states they are doing more research on it to finally find out, "What are the medical uses for this stuff, anyway?"

Speaking for me personally: I was a druggie that only Jesus could clean up. Yeah, I was one of those. Therefore I'll stay away from that and some other things because I liked them way too much in the past. Your mileage may vary.

• Thumbs Up 4

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,414
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

3 hours ago, walla299 said:

I don't have a issue with medical use especially if it can actually treat a given medical condition to reduce suffering. That is the purpose of many medications used in the past and present. That is a far different thing than just getting high legally.

Frankly, now that medical use is being legalized in more states they are doing more research on it to finally find out, "What are the medical uses for this stuff, anyway?"

This is where I stand on it, and dosage is important. Some of our over the counter cold medications can be used to get high and even hallucinate if taken in the right dosage. I think we also have to ask the question of what exactly counts as getting high. As much as it may seem like an inane attempt to justify drunk usage we do have to consider things like dosage and the fact that a lot of street drugs work in similar ways to over the counter/prescription medications. Where do we draw the line between a proper sedative and a downer? If SSRIs and certain street drugs both primarily work by affecting serotonin levels are they both okay or not?

All that said I do think that once a given thing becomes legal a lot of people are going to go after it just to get high, and that our governments aren't necessarily morally or spiritually right about what they legalize. It one point we basically had cocaine in sodas, for example. It's ultimately a matter that needs a lot of thought and discernment, and given the history of mistakes and blatant greed from our government we can't just blindly follow their judgment.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,275
  • Content Per Day:  7.10
  • Days Won:  99

23 hours ago, believeinHim said:

I used to think all drugs are bad, alcohol is bad, smoking is bad, it's all bad. 

While I don't do any of it, and I take prescription medication, marijuana is specifically only bad for me. There are cases and very high cases of people smoking regular cigarettes with illnesses like mine. This is specifically because of my type of illness. Someone with the opposite symptoms would benefit from medical marijuana may benefit if they have the opposite symptoms, or sometime similar symptoms, but it is used to treat it differently.

Bipolar mania has a lot of similarities to that of someone with ADHD, But the symptoms I think are treated with opposites medications. They would probably never prescribe me specifically this stuff, because of the different way my specific illness needs to be treated, though I am not a Doctor and I can not prescribe medications. This is my limited knowledge of this stuff.

As long as something doesn't go untreated for several years, People understand that it's for medical and it's not recreational, Unfortunately, and especially in this culture, Often times people self medicate for years before they are diagnosed and they were written off as neurotypical for such a long time. If someone receives help, and it helps, then it helps. I won't deny that if it helps.

There are medications that are usually prescribed for these disabilities and they usually aren't marijuana, but it some cases people survive off of it, anyway. Eventually someone might usually end up at a Doctor where they don't usually prescribe this stuff.

I think I was being judged as, 'neurotypical', alongside someone I cared about, But I don't know that for sure.

I know he go labels neurotypical, but I think they were labeling me neurotypical, as well. If he would answer me, I'd ask him. I don't think he'll answer me.

Self medicating and actually getting medicated are two different things, Because there are legal prescription drugs that are pharmaceuticals, and not marijuana that can be prescribed, I think, in pretty much all cases.

Personally, I think marijuana smells, I think cigarettes smell slightly less, and I think alcohol burns your throat going down.

But, as for my prescribed medication, I couldn't live without it.

Like you say, there are certain neurological conditions which THC (the psychoactive ingredient in marijuana) won't help. In some cases, it can make it worse (exacerbate issues). 

I applaud you for making the sensible choice! 

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,275
  • Content Per Day:  7.10
  • Days Won:  99

My issue with cannabis consumption has to do with those psychoactive compounds which were selectively bred for a very long time ago. What we know of as marijuana is a cultivar of the hemp plant. Hemp grows wild in different parts of the globe. Over time in different places, people selectively bred the hemp plant to produce bigger flowers which produced more potent psychedelic effects when burned and inhaled.

The application of heat (burning) changes the composition of tetrahydrocannibol (THC) contained within the trichomes (these are heavily concentrated on the flowers). This significantly magnifies the hallucinogenic/psychoactive effect which THC has upon the brain and the central nervous system.

It's intoxication. I understand that there might be medical uses for cannabis consumption; for example, consumption of cannabis can effectively relieve pressure on the optic nerve (glaucoma). Some patients undergoing cancer treatment report the relief of nausea associated with radiation therapy and/or chemotherapy. 

I'm not concerned about that. However, I'm not at all convinced that cannabis consumption is an effective treatment for psychological afflictions nor neurological disorders. In fact, THC in particular is dangerous for people suffering from schizotypal disorders to consume. 

Discernment is paramount. There... that was my long answer. "No" was the short version. :)

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  248
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  4,317
  • Content Per Day:  1.55
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  10/04/1980

i thought about trying it for depression and anxiety but i dont know enough about it so i didnt

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Interesting! 1

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  392
  • Content Per Day:  0.98

cbd is supposedly the same medical benefit without the thc interference.   it's thc free.

as far as thc goes, now that its proved to be a bankroll, it's far different than when one would buy from a dealer.   the emphasis is on being alert and zoning out.   the being alert isn't even being high.   it's maintaining focus in a more aware than normal feeling.

when states were thinking about unleashing this onto the masses, they were discussing about Regulations.   all that meant was there is basic 2 types of effects.  staying focused or zoning out.   and according to the price willing to pay, you can smoke and not even feel you did it, like a dud.  but you just keep focus in all activities.   so, when it came out, Saved or Not, i love Science, Mathematics, and the combination into Chemistry, i wanted to see what they were saying here, which reads in medical jargen, but i explained it in the highlighted area.

the real effect was you would want to sleep earlier.  the focus actually could be on the diet market.  you just don't want to eat.   

i am not saying i would recommend anyone to do it.   but since i know the effects and am guilty, thought i would share so people understand what is happening to people doing this.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  433
  • Topics Per Day:  0.28
  • Content Count:  3,225
  • Content Per Day:  2.07

9 hours ago, Marathoner said:

Like you say, there are certain neurological conditions which THC (the psychoactive ingredient in marijuana) won't help. In some cases, it can make it worse (exacerbate issues). 

I applaud you for making the sensible choice! 

It started when I was 19 and I am now 38. It took 4 , to 5 hospitalizations, and Involuntary care until I was 27. I'm not vaccinated for Covid, but the massive failure and drama around that has really fed in to the paranoia and conspiracy theories worst nightmar es. :runforhills:I dabble in Gab, and it is a trip , almost literally and figuratively,

So many conspiracy theorists now feel justified in their delusions surrounding Big Pharma. I think the FDA needs some kind of liability, or whatever that is, But I need my medications and I also did not get the vaccine at the same time. Yeah. People don't care. It's just Conspiracy theory after Conspiracy theory. Loll. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  302
  • Content Per Day:  0.47

Marijuana caused me to get paranoid schizophrenia at a young age.  I think I may have been prone to that illness previously but it's very difficult to say, and what complicates it is the realm of the demonic.  I eventually ended up have panic attacks, severe anxiety and depression so I needed to go on medication.  I would say that smoking that stuff at a young age is definitely not a good idea, so as long as medical marijuana is for people over the age of 25 I don't have too much of a problem with it.  Then there is cannabis psychosis, which apparently can affect people at older ages too.  And there is a definite effect of memory loss associated with it.

A Christian is supposed to be SOBER minded and alert.  I don't think there's any doubt that drugs can lead to states of demonization either and God says people who take drugs are going to hell (unless they get saved).

The trouble with "medicine" is that everybody reacts differently to them, so it's hard to be objective.  But on the other hand, if it wasn't for medicines, a lot of people would have died early or suffered with pain etc.  So ultimately I think it is a personal issue with regards to the potential for intoxication.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,117
  • Content Per Day:  9.69
  • Days Won:  149

In most cases there are more effective medicines that won 't get you high. CBD oil is an oil extract of the marijuana plant said to work well as a remedy to many ailments, however it also has side effects even though CBD oil won't get you high. If you're looking to get high or want something to space yourself out, I would seriously question WHY you aren't looking more for a medicine directly related to your condition. Getting high only makes you less of you.

My health issues led me to try the non hallucinogenic CBD oil. Not for pain, but for help in fighting my issue. Also called cannibis oil.They take out anything that makes you high. The issue there is unless you have a reliable source you never know exactly the quality of it. A lot like trying to buy pure olive oil it can be diluted. I never obtained a prescription for any of it. I guess you can get a doc's prescription to use weed as a pain killer and can likely get strong hallucinogenic results as well. As a pain killer sure, for anything else I believe the motive for health improvement is disingenuous.If you're a beliver and you are looking to get high, something is probably out of place. In my case I haven't re ordered the CBD. Maybe it helped, maybe it didn't, but since I'm now into other treatments I didn't want to mix another thing into it until I know more. I may at some point go back to the CBD which you can order online although it's fairly expensive.

Here in my state apparently they can get away with a selling a lot without a medical scrip.At one point back when I was wading through all of this I happened on a little cubicle in a shop selling all kinds of stuff. This was purely by accident because I had not entered the store looking for any of it. I knew what weed was even though I have never smoked it, but they offered these 'gummies' sold in a little jar with maybe 10 or so in it. They looked like those chewable gummy vitamins. At the time I was having trouble sleeping due to the medications they had me on. I was using melatonin, but had my eyes open for anything else that might help.The girl behind the counter told me they work well as a sleep aid, so I bought them. They turned out to be a synthesized version of THC, THC omega 9 or something like that. She was right, they do help you sleep, but made me feel the way I used to feel when I used to drink after 3 beers. Wobbley on my feet, change in depth perception along with a 'buzz' like feeling in my brain.The reason I know this is because I generally get up at least a few times every night. I would hate to have taken one of these while trying to drive or operate any type of machinery. They just made me feel wacked.

My idea of these things is that they put you on pause for however long the drug lasts.I don't see why people like the feeling. It's like being concious but your brain is off the hook.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,798
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

When people in my state were trying to pass legalizing medical marijuana, the organization behind legalizing it was a george soros group. My first introduction to anything soros did. That told me everything I needed to know about that. 

For a supposed medical drug, it is dispensed differenetly in my state. Not by pharmacists, but dispensaries that are run by anyone who got a license. There is no standard for it. The media actually got some from different places and had them tested. Turns out many had mold on it or tested positive for pesticides. 

Now they legalized recreational pot. Lucky us. (sarcasm)

My oncologist once recommended cbd oil. I looked it up. Although supposedly thc free, studies showed that different cbd products did contain some small amounts of thc and some folks failed drug tests as a result. Costing them their jobs. Cbd oil also causes liver toxicity. 

I suffer tremendous pain on a daily basis. I see no reason to use medical marijuana or cbd oil.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Praying! 1