• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,499
  • Content Per Day:  1.47
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, farouk said:

@Anne2 Interesting observation.

LOL, I think this was addressed earlier in the thread before I posted. I should have read all of that first.:taped:

• Interesting! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,561
  • Content Per Day:  12.15
  • Days Won:  31

Just now, Anne2 said:

LOL, I think this was addressed earlier in the thread before I posted. I should have read all of that first.:taped:

@Anne2 I must confess I have not read all of it, either.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  958
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,682
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

1 hour ago, teddyv said:

In discussion with the surgeon, he said he could not give anymore pain killers because the possibility of her heart stopping.

And perhaps it was so!  I learned in my own duels with hospitals there is the bottom line  dollar cost of the meds and treatments that really rules what hospitals do.

Doesn't much matter if one has the cash money to pay, once on an insurance policy  or under medicare rules  they get limited legally, both criminally and civilly. They just can't take insurance money and then take cash beyond what they were allotted under the insurance contracts.

Getting to hospice or empath changes all that! Suddenly it is all about pain relief without limit, at no cost out of pocket ever.

We as a family unit have always set up a pattern of shifts, just like a work schedule covering 24/7 care needs so that there is always a family member advocate present when one of us is down. We never leave one of us behind with only  hospital staff, no matter how good they may seem.

I have spent many a night months and perhaps even years worth of real time in  hospital rooms with family members, making sure they were properly and promptly tended to  by hospital staff and doctors.

BTW-It can be difficult to get a doctor to release  their patient  over to hospice. So it takes knowing ahead of serious immediate need how it all works and have the talk with the doctors involved. Plus talk with hospice andEmpath counselors. They are terrific at what they do!

Getting old also takes being tough. Sometimes hard nosed in your face tough in order to gain the edge of fear if not respect from some that have to work within the medical systems today. A personal advocate, a team full of them, is a Godsend for sure.

8 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

And perhaps it was so!  I learned in my own duels with hospitals there is the bottom line  dollar cost of the meds and treatments that really rules what hospitals do.

Doesn't much matter if one has the cash money to pay, once on an insurance policy  or under medicare rules  they get limited legally, both criminally and civilly. They just can't take insurance money and then take cash beyond what they were allotted under the insurance contracts.

Getting to hospice or empath changes all that! Suddenly it is all about pain relief without limit, at no cost out of pocket ever.

We as a family unit have always set up a pattern of shifts, just like a work schedule covering 24/7 care needs so that there is always a family member advocate present when one of us is down. We never leave one of us behind with only  hospital staff, no matter how good they may seem.

I have spent many a night months and perhaps even years worth of real time in  hospital rooms with family members, making sure they were properly and promptly tended to  by hospital staff and doctors.

BTW-It can be difficult to get a doctor to release  their patient  over to hospice. So it takes knowing ahead of serious immediate need how it all works and have the talk with the doctors involved. Plus talk with hospice andEmpath counselors. They are terrific at what they do!

Getting old also takes being tough. Sometimes hard nosed in your face tough in order to gain the edge of fear if not respect from some that have to work within the medical systems today. A personal advocate, a team full of them, is a Godsend for sure.

I suppose the moral is, Don't get old.... But this is not realistic.

The Lord knows our circumstances, anyway, and He is the great provider and sustainer.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.90
  • Days Won:  1

21 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

We are in Canada with universal healthcare access, so certain economic pressures are different than in the private hospital/insurance world of the US.

3 minutes ago, teddyv said:

We are in Canada with universal healthcare access, so certain economic pressures are different than in the private hospital/insurance world of the US.

So true................

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,250
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

19 hours ago, Sparks said:

The 'War on Drugs' started this month in the year 1971 in the USA.  I don't think the US government has stopped even 10% of the drug flow over these 52 years.

From what I have read and experienced over the years, I have decided that the USA's war on drugs was only to get rid of the CIA's competition.   Had a lot to do with the Viet Nam war.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,159
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  8

2 hours ago, other one said:

From what I have read and experienced over the years, I have decided that the USA's war on drugs was only to get rid of the CIA's competition.   Had a lot to do with the Viet Nam war.

You are probably right.  I just guessed that government wanted an unsolvable problem to pour our tax money into, perpetually.  

On 6/19/2023 at 6:43 PM, NConly said:

Isa 42:3

A bruised reed shall he not break, and the smoking flax shall he not quench: he shall bring forth judgment unto truth.

One site says that the  hemp is translated as flax in the Bible because they are in same family

here is a site with fair description of both

https://flax.media/en/blogs/characteristic/0067

@NConly Interesting linkage there..........

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,341
  • Content Per Day:  2.75
  • Days Won:  0

6 minutes ago, farouk said:

@NConly Interesting linkage there..........

imo back before and while Jesus was on earth many smoked it; the governments had no laws against it and this verse is just saying Jesus will not partake; he was on a mission. Now I don't know for a fact that my opinion is correct but I got that thought from a couple of Sunday school teachers