• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,207
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

What do you think are God`s purposes for making the nations, for Israel and for the Body of Christ?

Please use scriptural references.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

10 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

What do you think are God`s purposes for making the nations, for Israel and for the Body of Christ?

Good morning, Marilyn,

I am a little unclear on your inquiry. Are you asking about the Deuteronomy 32 worldview, the disinheritance and dispersion of the people at Babel that became 70 nations? God selected Abraham for a people of His own.

When the most High divided to the nations their inheritance, When he separated the sons of Adam, He set the bounds of the people According to the number of the children of Israel.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

Hi sister, I believe we are being told something of God's purposes in these scriptures, though there may be more:

Rom 9:21-24

Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

Eph 8-11

Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;

And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,595
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

11 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

God does all to His glory. The whole of the Bible is quotation of His glory.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,038
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  0

15 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Marilyn, It's your thread and so your wording. I would word it slightly differently. God did not make the three parties. They are a natural result of the fall of man.

In the beginning God created man and put him in front of the Tree of Life. If the man had been obedient, he would have possessed the divine life of God and passed it on to his offspring. We would have had ONLY the Church.

The sin-nature caused man to sink into an irretrievable swamp of iniquity. To affect a recovery, God took out one man from this damned hoard and made a nation of him. This nation was given special treatment so that God could come to dwell with them. They were the base from which God could retrieve mankind. This was Israel.

However, when God offered Israel the fulfillment of this plan of recovery, they stumbled. God then turned to a plan He had which He had kept hidden. He took some select men and women from Israel, and some select men and women fro the Nations, and made a New Man with no connection to the past. It is IN this New Man that God effects His recovery of mankind and the earth.

True to God's character, this third variant is glorious and a tribute to His wisdom and power.

P.S. My bad. I forgot to insert scriptures. If you want my proof for any thought I've written here, just ask.

11 hours ago, Neighbor said:

God does all to His glory. The whole of the Bible is quotation of His glory.

Hi Neighbor,

Yes, good thought there.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Good morning, Marilyn,

I am a little unclear on your inquiry. Are you asking about the Deuteronomy 32 worldview, the disinheritance and dispersion of the people at Babel that became 70 nations? God selected Abraham for a people of His own.

When the most High divided to the nations their inheritance, When he separated the sons of Adam, He set the bounds of the people According to the number of the children of Israel.

Hi Dennis,

Yes, I probably could have enlarged somewhat. However, your scripture is interesting and adds to the conversation. So you see God made the nations (70) and then Israel for a special purpose.

Care to enlarge on any of that? You are mainly saying the `what has happened,` (which is important,) and we also need the `why` God made each group.

12 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

Hi sister, I believe we are being told something of God's purposes in these scriptures, though there may be more:

Rom 9:21-24

Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

Eph 8-11

Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;

And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:

Hi Heleadethme,

Good scriptures there opening up the discussion for us. And that eternal purpose is stated earlier -

`...having made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure which He purposed in Himself that in the fullness of the times He might gather in one, (harmony) all things in Christ, both which are in heaven and which are on earth - in Christ..` (Eph. 1: 9 & 10)

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, AdHoc said:

Hi Marilyn, It's your thread and so your wording. I would word it slightly differently. God did not make the three parties. They are a natural result of the fall of man.

In the beginning God created man and put him in front of the Tree of Life. If the man had been obedient, he would have possessed the divine life of God and passed it on to his offspring. We would have had ONLY the Church.

The sin-nature caused man to sink into an irretrievable swamp of iniquity. To affect a recovery, God took out one man from this damned hoard and made a nation of him. This nation was given special treatment so that God could come to dwell with them. They were the base from which God could retrieve mankind. This was Israel.

However, when God offered Israel the fulfillment of this plan of recovery, they stumbled. God then turned to a plan He had which He had kept hidden. He took some select men and women from Israel, and some select men and women fro the Nations, and made a New Man with no connection to the past. It is IN this New Man that God effects His recovery of mankind and the earth.

True to God's character, this third variant is glorious and a tribute to His wisdom and power.

P.S. My bad. I forgot to insert scriptures. If you want my proof for any thought I've written here, just ask.

Hi AdHoc,

Thank you for contributing to the discussion. Yes, you would need to give scriptures for your view. Now, we know that God is omniscient, all knowing and thus He planned and purposed not just cleaning up man`s oopses. Heleadethme mentioned the eternal purpose that God had.

1. The Nations - made by God amid man`s sin. 

`And He (God) has made from one blood every nation of men to dwell on all the face of the earth, and had determined their appointed times and the boundaries of their habitation.` (Acts 17: 26)

Quite a bit of planning their by God.

2. Israel - God knew they would be rebellious so He didn`t rely on them to fulfill His plan for them. God has promises to Israel that they would rule the world. (2 Sam. 7: 16,  Isa. 45: 4,   Ez. 17: 22,  Dan. 7: 27,  Joel 3: 2,   Zech.  14: 16 ff)

3. The Body of Christ - Yes, it is with the New Man, (B/C) ruling with Christ that brings about the restoration of all things, (in heaven and earth). 

• Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

Hi Dennis,

Yes, I probably could have enlarged somewhat. However, your scripture is interesting and adds to the conversation. So you see God made the nations (70) and then Israel for a special purpose.

Care to enlarge on any of that? You are mainly saying the `what has happened,` (which is important,) and we also need the `why` God made each group.

Good morning,

I agree with @AdHoc, but as with just about everything else biblical, there is more to the story. The late Dr. Michael S. Heiser goes into great depth and detail on this subject in his books and YouTube videos. He dubs it the Deuteronomy 32 worldview. I was skeptical of his thoughts and teachings until I did my studies and research. It would be too much to discuss, but I will mention a few highlights. The first biblical prophecy:

15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

It has been asked, "Why and how did humanity become so evil?" We all know Satan and his minions are at war with God, trying to mimic and counter everything God does and His plan. The dark side knows God's word better than we do, as evidenced by several scriptures, one being:

Matthew 8:29 (KJV) And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time? [emphasis added]

From ancient Hebrew literature, if you asked an ancient Hebrew why the world is so evil, they would respond because of not one but three events. The fall of Adam, the Genesis 6:1-4 event, and the Tower of Bable dispersion and creation of the 70 nations, and who was appointed over those nations. For a time, God was disgusted with humanity and disinherited the people, assigning lessor elohim to watch over and guide the nations. Without going into detail, they became corrupt and demanded worship.

The Lord called out Abraham for a nation of His own, a chosen people set apart from the heathen for His own (omniscient plan), and particular purpose. From then on, Satan's counter plan was to commit genocide against the Jews and contaminate the bloodline of the prophesized coming Messiah. Satan's counter plan is still in effect today, vis a vis the holocaust, the hostility toward Israel today, and the coming Antichrist slaughtering the Israelites.

God established a special covenant people, a chosen people for His own, set apart from the nations for His honor and glory.

For several reasons, I believe the global myths and legends of Titians, giants, and demi-gods were fact and not embellished fiction. I further suspect "as it was in the days of Noe" includes more than prosperity and unawareness. It is an open and announced secret of creating biological super soldiers, combining AI with the human brain, and changing our genetic makeup. Billy Crone has some well-documented facts on future evolutions in progress today.

As always, just one person's thoughts and opinion.

• Thumbs Up 1