IGNORED

I read about Loving People over and over but!

backontrack

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  540
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  05/29/1960

11 hours ago, backontrack said:

Yes Ray nails it!

I used to watch Ray a lot and he answers questions with love.

8 hours ago, AnOrangeCat said:

"So much in this post that I really agree with but I think this is the heart of it. God judges, the Holy Spirit convicts. We can say our part with our neighbors if they're living in sin once or twice and more if it becomes relevant, but going further in most cases is probably counterproductive."

Did Jesus count everyone's sins? How many times are we supposed to forgive? Who determines what is sin if we are all sinners? Jesus opposed the religous establishment during that time because they were hypocrits. 

"There's taking a stand against something as needed, but how it's done and the degree and frequency with which it's carried out are also important."

What is needed? For the last 15 years gay movement moved to the trans movement. How'd that work out for Christains? When all along we should have been loving that poor young confussed girl not scripture bashing and virtue signalling. We are told to hate evil and we haven't done a good job of doing that. We have to attack satans darkeness all over America. That means attacking his atributes, Lieing (encompasses all), killing (healthcare?), destroying (wars?),  and stealing (finacial). Peace!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  433
  • Topics Per Day:  0.28
  • Content Count:  3,223
  • Content Per Day:  2.07
  • Days Won:  0

Wait, Ray Comfort ? I didn't scroll back and read, Anyone listening to Ray Comfort ? He's awesome if you don't.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Topics Per Day:  1.33
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  6.95
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

14 hours ago, backontrack said:

James River Church Springfield Mo lots of people getting saved every week, also many healed why? They preach the whole bible and preach about sin. Many churches fear preaching about what sin does and what happens if one does not repent and turn and except Jesus as their personal Savior. I agree we are here to love our neighbor. I disagree with your view on how we got to where we are today.

Sin is what got us here and greed, abortion takes the life of 1,00,000's of Gods children every year since 1976 Row V Wade.

We vote these Godless people in office and allow them to destroy America, take God out of schools, teach kids things they should not be taught destroy their minds as early as 5 years old. Our society has become sin sick unless we tell them in Love to open the door to Gods word many more can understand Heaven and yes HELL. Hell is real and I have a burden for the Gay community as they are lost and God hates this sin refer to Gen 19. Yes we can Love people all the way to Hell if we do not preach the word of God in a Loving way. Most will not hear but then theirs those who will planting seed of life into their minds. Jesus is real and he Loves all people.   

2 Timothy 2:19 Nevertheless the solid foundation of God stands, having this seal:

The Lord knows those who are His, and,

Let everyone who names the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

iniquity-[G93] adikia=unrighteousness

How is teaching about sin different from being 'under Law'?

Does a believer depart from unrighteousness by learning

about sin, or how to walk by faith?

The righteousness of faith defines sin in the simplest of terms,

lest there be anyone who thinks they can take this lightly, 

such as this is a high priority in a healthy Body.

Romans 14:

21 It is good neither to eat meat nor drink wine nor do

anything by which your brother stumbles or is offended or is made weak. 

22 Do you have faith? Have it to yourself before God. 

Happy is he who does not condemn himself in what he approves. 

23 But he who doubts is condemned if he eats, because he does not eat from faith;

for whatever is not from faith is sin.

If this is true for eating, it is true of every decision, every act that will

effect the lives of others, and their relationship with the Lord. Was not the offending

of others a primary trespass in the eyes of the Lord, and in the apostolic doctrine?

James 3:

1 My brethren, be not many teachers,

knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.

For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word,

the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.

Edited by Mr. M
cosmetic
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Content Count:  1,414
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

1 hour ago, Believer112 said:

Did Jesus count everyone's sins? How many times are we supposed to forgive? Who determines what is sin if we are all sinners? Jesus opposed the religous establishment during that time because they were hypocrits. 

This is an interesting point and something I've noticed myself. Jesus is presented as forgiving and understanding to a lot of people who were social outcasts, like tax collectors and prostitutes. The only people He didn't seem to have have much patience for were the hypocrites and the ones who were trying to abuse faith for their own gain.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  540
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  05/29/1960

13 hours ago, backontrack said:

James River Church Springfield Mo lots of people getting saved every week, also many healed why? They preach the whole bible and preach about sin. Many churches fear preaching about what sin does and what happens if one does not repent and turn and except Jesus as their personal Savior. I agree we are here to love our neighbor. I disagree with your view on how we got to where we are today.

Sin is what got us here and greed, abortion takes the life of 1,00,000's of Gods children every year since 1976 Row V Wade.

We vote these Godless people in office and allow them to destroy America, take God out of schools, teach kids things they should not be taught destroy their minds as early as 5 years old. Our society has become sin sick unless we tell them in Love to open the door to Gods word many more can understand Heaven and yes HELL. Hell is real and I have a burden for the Gay community as they are lost and God hates this sin refer to Gen 19. Yes we can Love people all the way to Hell if we do not preach the word of God in a Loving way. Most will not hear but then theirs those who will planting seed of life into their minds. Jesus is real and he Loves all people.   

If we only preached the gospel everything would be fine (but it seems we like to preach the do and don't more) and yes once they become curious about God and willing to try church. The problem comes after they're in church when the judgment comes from fellow Christians. I stayed out of church because of my alcoholism because my Christian family made me uncomfortable being there and not the Word. Maybe I wasn't cured of my alcoholism fast enough. About 9 months later God helped me with my booze and then a healing miracle happened to my brother-in-law and God told me in a loud audible voice to call my mom. She was having a stroke at the time. Then I was an excited Christian and I came to these forums wanting to share my experience. Well needless to say I was bow beaten with scriptured tribalism, labeled WoF Christian, and Christians' backhanded way of calling me a liar thru scripture, we like using scripture as a weapon against each other the best. Ray Comforts' message shows 10 commandments and that no man can do all perfectly, so comes Jesus to make us perfect someday. 

Lies are like cancer, it starts slowly. There's a high probability mis information started way before the culture change. Boomers should know the show "Threes Company". Guys tell me what you were thinking back then! Remember, that was taboo but by 1990 it was accepted. Media shaped our culture and will change your kid's culture, look at the lunacy now with our kids! I feel the drug abuse and homelessness that comes with it are caused by the media. War, Fear, Doom, and confusion are spewed to us individually is a message of Hopelessness. Why not get comfortably numb or act out like our kids are doing? It's a Christians' job to Love and to fight the devil. Father of lies resides at the WEF and the message is thru the media. Peace

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,272
  • Content Per Day:  7.10
  • Days Won:  99

1 hour ago, Mr. M said:

2 Timothy 2:19 Nevertheless the solid foundation of God stands, having this seal:

The Lord knows those who are His, and,

Let everyone who names the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

iniquity-[G93] adikia=unrighteousness

How is teaching about sin different from being 'under Law'?

Does a believer depart from unrighteousness by learning

about sin, or how to walk by faith?

The righteousness of faith defines sin in the simplest of terms,

lest there be anyone who thinks they can take this lightly, 

such as this is a high priority in a healthy Body.

Romans 14:

21 It is good neither to eat meat nor drink wine nor do

anything by which your brother stumbles or is offended or is made weak. 

22 Do you have faith? Have it to yourself before God. 

Happy is he who does not condemn himself in what he approves. 

23 But he who doubts is condemned if he eats, because he does not eat from faith;

for whatever is not from faith is sin.

If this is true for eating, it is true of every decision, every act that will

effect the lives of others, and their relationship with the Lord. Was not the offending

of others a primary trespass in the eyes of the Lord, and in the apostolic doctrine?

James 3:

1 My brethren, be not many teachers,

knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.

For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word,

the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.

Well said, brother. I don't have anything to add to what you wrote. Perhaps it would be good to elaborate on the faith given us to by God, which is the faith of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. 

We don't preach sin... we preach Christ crucified (1 Corinthians 1:23). We have confidence in the work and agency of the Spirit of the Lord, the One who convicts men and women alike of their wicked deeds and rebelliousness. If we are given words to speak by the Spirit, then we most assuredly speak those words in faith for as the apostle teaches, whatever is not from faith is sin. 

We trust in our Lord Jesus Christ for He is the author and finisher of our faith. We remember the lesson of Uzzah in his vanity, who sought to steady the Ark with his hand; God struck him dead (1 Chronicles 13:10). The lesson is simple: do not oppose the Spirit of God, seeking to take matters into our own hands, when the Lord gave no such commandment. That is precisely what the religion of man does. Through accusation and condemnation, zealous men take the seat of the accuser. 

Is the Lord not able to effect His work? Does He require the grumbling discontent of zealous men who look upon others with scornful disdain, speaking evil of the Lord's commandment to love our neighbor as ourselves? No. 

The Lord scourges every son and daughter whom He receives, for He is the One who teaches us how to lead godly lives in subjection to Him. That is indeed the very definition of the grace of God as written in the scripture:

For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all people, instructing us to deny ungodliness and worldly desires and to live sensibly, righteously, and in a godly manner in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus, who gave Himself for us to redeem us from every lawless deed, and to purify for Himself a people for His own possession, eager for good deeds. (Titus 2:11-14 NASB)

Some of us are preachers. Others are evangelists and teachers but as for myself, I'm a servant. Therefore, I walk in that manner which is pleasing to the Lord, and I do so in faith. A long time ago a wonderful brother said this to me: "As for you, your words are to be words of encouragement. So long as you seek to encourage others in Christ the Lord will bless your words, and He will make your words His own. Condemn no one. Serve others as the Lord has served you. Love others just as He loves you." 

It's all about walking in faith and the Spirit of God. Nothing else will do. :) 

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

On 6/23/2023 at 11:51 AM, backontrack said:

Is not the word of God the Love of Christ and if so then why do we avoid teaching about Sin, we can Love people all the way to Hell

but if they do not hear the word of God how can anyone be saved.

"How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news, who proclaim peace, who bring good tidings, who proclaim salvation, who say to Zion, “Your God reigns!”

Amen.. I forget like the song "we all need Jesus" 

"We're so quick to point a finger
We judge things from our point of view
The things that we say, the trouble it makes
It hurts you and it hurts me too
This is such a fallen world we live in
It's really not the way it's supposed to be
What if we could see each other different?
It'd probably change everything

We're all broken people, don't we all need Jesus?"

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,213
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

On 6/25/2023 at 12:36 PM, Believer112 said:

If we only preached the gospel everything would be fine (but it seems we like to preach the do and don't more) and yes once they become curious about God and willing to try church. The problem comes after they're in church when the judgment comes from fellow Christians. I stayed out of church because of my alcoholism because my Christian family made me uncomfortable being there and not the Word. Maybe I wasn't cured of my alcoholism fast enough. About 9 months later God helped me with my booze and then a healing miracle happened to my brother-in-law and God told me in a loud audible voice to call my mom. She was having a stroke at the time. Then I was an excited Christian and I came to these forums wanting to share my experience. Well needless to say I was bow beaten with scriptured tribalism, labeled WoF Christian, and Christians' backhanded way of calling me a liar thru scripture, we like using scripture as a weapon against each other the best. Ray Comforts' message shows 10 commandments and that no man can do all perfectly, so comes Jesus to make us perfect someday. 

Lies are like cancer, it starts slowly. There's a high probability mis information started way before the culture change. Boomers should know the show "Threes Company". Guys tell me what you were thinking back then! Remember, that was taboo but by 1990 it was accepted. Media shaped our culture and will change your kid's culture, look at the lunacy now with our kids! I feel the drug abuse and homelessness that comes with it are caused by the media. War, Fear, Doom, and confusion are spewed to us individually is a message of Hopelessness. Why not get comfortably numb or act out like our kids are doing? It's a Christians' job to Love and to fight the devil. Father of lies resides at the WEF and the message is thru the media. Peace

Anytime people are being saved, healed and Jesus is at the center of it all my heart jumps for joy. James River Church Springfield Mo. Happens every Sunday, every Sunday not seen this since the 1970's.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

On 6/23/2023 at 1:51 PM, backontrack said:

we can Love people all the way to Hell

We are to love our enemy and do good to those who do evil to us. Just as we are to forgive as we want to be forgiven. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Content Count:  1,213
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

1 hour ago, JohnR7 said:

We are to love our enemy and do good to those who do evil to us. Just as we are to forgive as we want to be forgiven. 

Yes Luke 6:27-36 but what about Mat 28:20 the great commission, teach them to obey everything I have commanded you and that includes go and sin no more.

Romans 10:15, Luke 15:7, Acts 14:7-21 and so on 

Love is just part of the things we do