IGNORED

I read about Loving People over and over but!

backontrack

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,027
  • Content Per Day:  4.52
  • Days Won:  0

On 6/27/2023 at 8:36 PM, JohnR7 said:

We are to love our enemy and do good to those who do evil to us

True, but it doesn't mean we have to stay in that situation and allow someone to continually run over us and do us dirty either.

We need to separate ourselves from people as needed to prevent them from doing their evil on us.

Some folks you forgive and get away from and pray for them / love them from afar!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.68
  • Days Won:  1

42 minutes ago, Stan Murff said:

True, but it doesn't mean we have to stay in that situation and allow someone to continually run over us and do us dirty either.

We need to separate ourselves from people as needed to prevent them from doing their evil on us.

Some folks you forgive and get away from and pray for them / love them from afar!

As Jesus did:

Luke 4:28  When the people in the meeting place heard Jesus say this, they became so angry
29  that they got up and threw him out of town. They dragged him to the edge of the cliff on which the town was built, because they wanted to throw him down from there.
30  But Jesus slipped through the crowd and got away.

That was definitely a supernatural event where the Father must have made it so those folks could not see Jesus as He walked away from them.

If they were seeing Him trying to walk away they would have whacked Him, so the Father had to have done a supernatural thing to protect Jesus in that moment.

I've heard of similar testimonies of this like this happening in modern times wear people were able to escape with their lives when facing certain death.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.68
  • Days Won:  1

8 minutes ago, Stan Murff said:

I've heard of similar testimonies of this like this happening in modern times wear people were able to escape with their lives when facing certain death.

Jesus said we can do the things he did, I don't understand why so many people don't believe it.

But I do know that when you don't believe you can do something then you can't.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  958
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,672
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 6/23/2023 at 1:51 PM, backontrack said:

Is not the word of God the Love of Christ and if so then why do we avoid teaching about Sin, we can Love people all the way to Hell

but if they do not hear the word of God how can anyone be saved.

Love one another, love God.

I don't think there is risk of love sending anyone anywhere. Love is unilateral, it need not be reciprocated at all.

Love is quite different from rules making,  from do's and don'ts, and even from the sharing of the Gospel of Jesus.

• Well Said! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Content Count:  1,414
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

4 hours ago, Neighbor said:

I don't think there is risk of love sending anyone anywhere. Love is unilateral, it need not be reciprocated at all.

Love is quite different from rules making,  from do's and don'ts, and even from the sharing of the Gospel of Jesus.

I agree. You can very much disagree with someone and still show them kindness and some basic decency. That's sowing a seed.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,444
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

We are to be wise as a serpent and gentle as a dove.  We can witness in many ways that will get a person to think about the conversation you had with them.  As society moves in more ways to redefine values and the biblical way of life, the believer has to adjust, but stick to the written word as his standard.  

Sometime you just have to dust your feet when you face rejection.   Prophecy is in the word and things must come to past, so the believer cannot live in frustration, but understand that evil will increase and the closet is where you may have to spend more time, if warranted.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, FJK said:

Jesus said we can do the things he did, I don't understand why so many people don't believe it.

But I do know that when you don't believe you can do something then you can't.

This is absolutely true!

It's really the whole package Christians should be running the race to obtain where we are believing God's promises, but also recognizing that there are things we can allow to come in to our lives that will choke the Word (God's promises, warnings, and instruction)

It's critical that we renew our minds (understanding) to think in terms of "What does the Lord say about this in His Word?" at all times and then... think according to what the Lord says in His Word.

We should feed on His Word all the time as in continually thinking about what His Word says, speaking what His Word says, acting on what His Word says, and telling others what His Word says.

And we need to always understand that if we sow to the flesh (do sinful things) we shall of the flesh reap corruption which is an immediate open door to the devil to enter our lives and cause evil to happen to us because the result of sin means we are no longer abiding IN Christ.

IF we were to sin (should be a very, very rare occurrence for the mature believer), we should ask for forgiveness for our sin, confess it as sin to the Lord (acknowledge we have done wrong) and forsake our sin (stop doing it!)

These are all needful things to remain in right standing with the Lord.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,213
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

23 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Love one another, love God.

My response is this, Loving people is what we are supposed to do but if we Love only and do not spread the Gospel to them we can love them all the way to Hell. If they do not hear how can they be saved love is a good thing but we must combine Love with the Gospel. What's the old saying silence is golden!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  958
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,672
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

1 hour ago, backontrack said:

My response is this, Loving people is what we are supposed to do but if we Love only and do not spread the Gospel to them we can love them all the way to Hell. If they do not hear how can they be saved love is a good thing but we must combine Love with the Gospel. What's the old saying silence is golden!

Hi, At the risk of being repetitive, it is two different subjects. Example one can share of the gospel of Jesus , but do so in a manner that has no love exhibited at all, and do so most likely in a manner that does more harm than good. Yet yes love "ahavah "also leads to wanting to share of what Jesus has given each of us that have been called by the Holy Spirit and have turned about to worship of  Jesus as our Lord God and savior.