IGNORED

Is it wrong to assume that God is made accountable for the actions of Satan?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  906
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,648
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

The answer is that it is incumbent upon God to judge all wrong doing. This is the accountability of all who are in the position of authority. God is no exception to this rule.

God has also provided an escape for man in that his judgment was poured out on Jesus Christ whose sacrifice on the cross pays the entire sin debt for any human being who believes on him.

This sacrifice could not be applied to the fallen angels (of whom Satan is the first to fall) because the angels are in their infinite state. Man, on the other hand, has the ability to die and resurrected thereby be redeemed by Christ’s death and resurrection.

It is IMHO the very reason Christ created humanity:

• to prove his righteous judgment of the fallen angels
  • to provide salvation for this servile race (humanity) with his own sacrifice
  • which included becoming a servile human being himself

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.84
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, JohnD said:

The answer is that it is incumbent upon God to judge all wrong doing.

Essentially, Right is what God wants, what He wills, and wrong is anything and everything that stands in opposition to it.

In my way of viewing things, some would debate this.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,039
  • Content Per Day:  1.61
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, JohnD said:

This sacrifice could not be applied to the fallen angels (of whom Satan is the first to fall) because the angels are in their infinite state.

I would argue that it could not be applied to the angels because they were not created in the image of God. Only humans were created in the image of God. This is why also hypothetically, even if an angel or Satan himself were to attempt repentance, it would not be valid, since the sacrifice was never for them.

• 5 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  316
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3

No. The Creator is not responsible for The Creation’s actions. Just as good godly parents do not answer for delinquent children determined to rebel. 

Satan fell due to his own vanity, commerce (trade), and pride:

Son of Man (Jesus), take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord God; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty.
Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created. 

Thou art the anointed cherub (as in the singular for Cherubim with four faces, not little Cupid babies) that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.

Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.

Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.

Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee.

All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more.” (Ezekiel 28:12-19 KJV)

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.96
  • Days Won:  21

3 hours ago, Solus Christus said:

All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee

I likewise am annoyed when I see little school kids carrying rainbow bags on the way to school with mama. It is a travesty of ignorant parents and 'inclusive' doctrines. The kids don't know yet but the brainwashing has begun.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.84
  • Days Won:  1

On 6/25/2023 at 2:14 AM, JohnD said:

The answer is that it is incumbent upon God to judge all wrong doing. This is the accountability of all who are in the position of authority. God is no exception to this rule.

Who is God accountable to?

1 hour ago, FJK said:

Who is God accountable to?

Exactly, I am reminded of God responding to Job who had judged God, “Where were you when I laid the earth’s foundation?
    Tell me, if you understand.
Who marked off its dimensions?Surely you know!” (Job 38:4-5)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  290
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

Yup that would be wrong. God is not responsible. God created ALL creation with free will. Satan "chose" wrong therefore not Gods fault. Deuteronomy 32:4 = Everything God does is perfect!

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,163
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

On 6/25/2023 at 6:08 AM, TrueFollowerOfChrist said:

I would argue that it could not be applied to the angels because they were not created in the image of God.

Is there scripture saying that.    I don't think I considered that.   Something to ponder.

Using Job is minomer IMHO, because God was allowing Satan to expose Job’s pride of judging God, and in end Job got triple what he lost. Its like being angry at who killed Jesus, when He rose from the dead.