• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,956
  • Content Per Day:  5.48
  • Days Won:  45
  • Birthday:  01/25/1961

B Judson, You are correct, but there are more gracious ways of saying it.

Communion is symbolic rather than literal.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  145
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  0

there are more gracious ways of saying it.

That's what they said when Jesus was flipping over the money changers tables and actually whipping people with His whip too!  Nothing wrong with a straight forward expression of truth!

Jesus and the Apostles had some things to say that could have been said much more softly, and yet they chose to speak much more bluntly.... apparently because the Holy Spirit was leading them to do so.

Sometimes a spade needs to be called a spade!

So, what's the deal with the catholics?   Are there lots of catholics on the board that would be offended at what I wrote?

Edited by B Judson

THere are an untold number of true believers attached to the Roman church

Sorry, but that's false!

Is necromancy taught in God's Word? (talking to the dead)
If you have scripture for contacting the dead, I'd like to see it.

Is praying to mary taught in God's Word?
If you have scripture for this, I'd like to see it.

Jesus said nobody comes to the Father except thru Him (John 14:6)
If God's Word teaches that Jesus had this wrong, I'd like to see scripture for that.
(I don't think Jesus got it wrong, but the catholics apparently do!)

Does scripture teach that mary is co-redeemer and equal with Jesus Christ?

Does scripture teach we can atone for our own sin in purgatory and be allowed to go to Heaven afterwards?

True Christians do not follow blatant and obvious false doctrines such as these so they would depart from the catholic church had they been actual believers which is what many have done and are doing is leaving the catholic church.

The question becomes... would the love of God leave them in their sin and not care if they perish and go to hell?

OR, would the Love of God confront false doctrine like Jesus and His Apostles did and tell them straight up this is false teaching not accepted by the Lord and you must repent and forsake these false teachings and get right with the Lord in order to truly be saved?

Ezekiel 3:18
When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand.
Edited by B Judson
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  201
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,431
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

19 minutes ago, B Judson said:

Sorry, but that's false!

If God's Word teaches that Jesus had this wrong, I'd like to see scripture for that.

Does scripture teach we can atone for our own sin in purgatory and be allowed to go to Heaven afterwards?

True Christians do not follow blatant and obvious false doctrines such as these so they would depart from the catholic church had they been actual believers which is what many have done and are doing is leaving the catholic church.

The question becomes... would the love of God leave them in their sin and not care if they perish and go to hell?

OR, would the Love of God confront false doctrine like Jesus and His Apostles did and tell them straight up this is false teaching not accepted by the Lord and you must repent and forsake these false teachings and get right with the Lord in order to truly be saved?

When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand.

The Lord has 7 letters to the churches in Revelation 2 & 3.  Some of these were involved in very egregious things, but He addresses each of them as believers and exhorts those in that particular group to be overcomers of the errors.  He does this because He loves them as members of His body.

Yes Jesus sometimes spoke in very stern and direct ways. But what are we told to do?  Be gentle, loving and kind.  We can hit people over the head with facts and perceived scriptural errors, but this usually kills and repels others instead of giving them Spirit and life.

And besides, is this inline with the topic of this thread?

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

33 minutes ago, B Judson said:

Sorry, but that's false!

and with your approach, it will simply drive them away....     If that's your agenda, you won't fit in very well here. If it's not then take Mama Etna's advice and be more gracious.   It's not like we don't have experience with it.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

Apparently, this is not in line with this thread so no need to quote me any further...

Edited by B Judson

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,956
  • Content Per Day:  5.48
  • Days Won:  45
  • Birthday:  01/25/1961

A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. The tongue of the wise useth knowledge aright: but the mouth of fools poureth out foolishness. Proverbs 15:1 - 2

• This is Worthy 1

Speaking truth from God's Word... would not be speaking foolishness at all..

Going by how Jesus and the Apostles spoke very rudely to the religious people following false doctrine.... apparently being rude has it's place.  Obviously, the Holy Spirit was leading them to do that.

Otherwise, this would mean Jesus and the Apostles engaged in sinful activity!

In other words, we are going to have to confront people in their sin and tell them straight up they they are in sin!

Now, if you'd like to do that while smiling and speaking in a very soft tone of voice where they can barely hear you while holding their hand.... you could go that route if you think that will work for you.

You do you as they say! :t2:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1
  • Praying! 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

2 hours ago, B Judson said:

In other words, we are going to have to confront people in their sin and tell them straight up they they are in sin!

And in all my 76 years of life and about 40 years as a born again christian, and 20 years here at worthy, I can tell you from decades of experience that those people you are doing that to will turn you off and never listen to a thing you've said.    And, you have lost the ability to convince anyone of anything, for non Catholic conversations carry the same weight in paying attention to someone's posts.

Those things that you seem to be all riled up about are not allowed to be expressed by them here, and in turn we don't badmouth the Catholic Church's teachings on the open forums.  If you want to post on the open forums for everyone to see, you should follow the restrictions that George (who owns and runs the place) puts out for us all.  So for the love of the Lord, get out of people face and try to touch their hearts.

I personally do not have the authority to do much, I'm just an old man giving a bit of unsolicited advice to a new person here

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1