• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,876
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Mama Etna said:

Harsh words do more harm than good when you are trying to steer someone in the right direction.

There is that speaketh like the piercings of a sword: but the tongue of the wise is health. - Proverbs 12:18

Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: - James 1:19

Excuse me but I do not like James. Do you have another quote? 

• Huh?  I don't get it. 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,341
  • Content Per Day:  2.76
  • Days Won:  0

Rom 12:18

If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,267
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, PATrobas said:

I was raised through High School in the RC church until I was born again through the preaching of the Gospel by two door-to-door preachers who were bold enough to tell me the truth. They didn't point out RC error but told me I must be born again to enter heaven. After I was saved I was glad to be taught the truth about what God delivered me from; Religion.

Amazing testimony, Pat. I also like you was raised in the RCC from infant baptism then 30 yrs, going to parochial school through high school. Still feel the scars from those nun's pointers....:unsure:    And know all the false teachings like yourself.

I agree with what you have said. It was those two faithful enough brothers and bold enough knocking at your door to preach Jesus and Him crucified, the good news.

I believe a soul winner can serve a tough hard to chew meal of hard scripture if it is prepared with the spirit's recipe, using truth, the word, some compassion and empathy, seasoned with love, and remembering we all had to eat the double edged  truth at one time.

I have a method (recipe) to get the message across while not pointing the finger at anyone but myself. I may meet a stranger, like one of the many delivery guys/gals delivering/picking up packages daily at my wife and my shop/business, offer cold bottled water then strike up a quick conversation while they drink.

I get talking about the economy and how these drivers have to hustle so much as my wife and I do also, just to make enough money to make ends meet paying taxes etc etc. Then move into presenting the gospel.

I'll say even though times are hard, I tell them about how God has taken care of us and our family for over 40 yrs since we were saved, (say what!) and how we always had enough to raise the family pay bills etc. God's mercy/love, as our Abba.

My spirit tells me then by their comments/demeanor if I have time to continue or wind up quickly. If still interested I'll tell then how we heard a faithful preacher at a funeral say the words "you must be saved, you must be born again, to get to heaven"

Then tell them I went home and found those words in my old catholic bible, and was so mad. Why in all those years in the RCC had not one priest or nun ever told me what I must do to be saved. I'll say years later I found out it is a sin in the RCC to believe you are saved, the sin of presumption, presuming upon God you are good enough to be saved. Back to Works salvation, which I had believed all my life up till then. Then explain works vs grace salvation. Reading more and understanding more (and the spirit working in me) I realized I probably was not saved, so I eventually had a long talk with God and told Him I believed in my heart the good news, and proclaimed it with my mouth. And a child was born.

I tell them I found out that the teaching was false, that salvation is by God's amazing grace, not of works lest a man would boast in his work. And it is through faith,which is acquired by reading/hearing the words in the bible.  I then give them a bible or more often now a small men's/women's bible promise book, and inside book mark of the Romans Road tract, which they are more apt to read, with the index for the different topics. I've had them later ask for another one for their wife/husband or friend, a small leatherette style and several keep them in their delivery trucks. They like them, reading all those neat promises.

I love all catholics, as most of my relatives and most of my old friends are catholic, at least in name. Talk to any average catholic about scripture and discover how the majority doesn't know probably a half dozen scriptures. Don't believe me, ASK. I think often about should I confront my aunt, or cousin, friend etc with the truth of the true gospel of grace vs the RCC gospel of works.
The truth of the gospel divides, with or without love administered.

My anger is not to catholics but the clergy, el popo, cardinals and bishops, priests and nuns, spreading false doctrine (against the crucifixion of our Lord) to the ignorant sheep, blind leading the blind,  as I was so many years till that old faithful preacher gave me the bad news of not being saved/born again, and the RCC bible confirmed it. I had to get lost, understanding came, chewing on the hard meat, the tough bad news,  before I could/would then cry out for God's salvation mercy.

Praise God that old preacher knew the importance of the good news, shared his love by being a faithful steward of his knowledge of the true gospel, and the bad news then became the good news. It is fun to share the gospel, and don't let the enemy stop you from enjoying sowing seed. Ask God daily to send a lost soul just for you to share God's love, and his good news. You may end up with  a friend for eternity..:)

PS;

In all my years sharing the gospel, with a partner through our church, or with my wife children and others, and watching people like Ray Comfort on you tube, I have never seen or heard the shouting, beating them over the head with a bible, preaching hell fire etc etc ever.

I try to keep/hold their interest and not chase them away.
And let the spirit do his work.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  49
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

1 hour ago, Your closest friendnt said:

You do not like Holy Scripture?

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, MichaelSnow said:

You do not like Holy Scripture?

Do you want an argument? 

Someone already sent a quote from the book of Roman's. 

What do you mean Holy scriptures?

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  244
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,005
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

4 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Excuse me but I do not like James. 

Neither did Luther:

Quote: Letter of James | Summary, Authorship, & Facts | Britannica

"The writer covers such topics as endurance under persecution, poverty and wealth, control of the tongue, care for orphans and widows, cursing, boasting, oaths, and prayer. The passage that stresses the importance of faith with good works (“So faith by itself, if it has no works, is dead.” 2:17) has been troublesome for theologians like Martin Luther who deny human participation in the process of salvation. Luther famously called the Letter of James “the epistle of straw.” The book also features the only New Testament reference to anointing of the sick (5:14)."

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

6 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

I don't understand why don't yo like  book of f James?

• Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

11 hours ago, other one said:

And in all my 76 years of life and about 40 years as a born again christian, and 20 years here at worthy, I can tell you from decades of experience that those people you are doing that to will turn you off and never listen to a thing you've said.    And, you have lost the ability to convince anyone of anything, for non Catholic conversations carry the same weight in paying attention to someone's posts.

Those things that you seem to be all riled up about are not allowed to be expressed by them here, and in turn we don't badmouth the Catholic Church's teachings on the open forums.  If you want to post on the open forums for everyone to see, you should follow the restrictions that George (who owns and runs the place) puts out for us all.  So for the love of the Lord, get out of people face and try to touch their hearts.

I personally do not have the authority to do much, I'm just an old man giving a bit of unsolicited advice to a new person here

Hey O O, you're not old,the body might get older but the spirit is renewed everyday,but I have to agree that our earthly tents are breaking down,they're not meant to last,see you in that glorious rapture!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  180
  • Content Per Day:  0.49

7 hours ago, Sower said:

Amazing testimony, Pat. I also like you was raised in the RCC from infant baptism then 30 yrs, going to parochial school through high school. Still feel the scars from those nun's pointers....:unsure:    And know all the false teachings like yourself.

I agree with what you have said. It was those two faithful enough brothers and bold enough knocking at your door to preach Jesus and Him crucified, the good news.

I believe a soul winner can serve a tough hard to chew meal of hard scripture if it is prepared with the spirit's recipe, using truth, the word, some compassion and empathy, seasoned with love, and remembering we all had to eat the double edged  truth at one time.

I have a method (recipe) to get the message across while not pointing the finger at anyone but myself. I may meet a stranger, like one of the many delivery guys/gals delivering/picking up packages daily at my wife and my shop/business, offer cold bottled water then strike up a quick conversation while they drink.

I get talking about the economy and how these drivers have to hustle so much as my wife and I do also, just to make enough money to make ends meet paying taxes etc etc. Then move into presenting the gospel.

I'll say even though times are hard, I tell them about how God has taken care of us and our family for over 40 yrs since we were saved, (say what!) and how we always had enough to raise the family pay bills etc. God's mercy/love, as our Abba.

My spirit tells me then by their comments/demeanor if I have time to continue or wind up quickly. If still interested I'll tell then how we heard a faithful preacher at a funeral say the words "you must be saved, you must be born again, to get to heaven"

Then tell them I went home and found those words in my old catholic bible, and was so mad. Why in all those years in the RCC had not one priest or nun ever told me what I must do to be saved. I'll say years later I found out it is a sin in the RCC to believe you are saved, the sin of presumption, presuming upon God you are good enough to be saved. Back to Works salvation, which I had believed all my life up till then. Then explain works vs grace salvation. Reading more and understanding more (and the spirit working in me) I realized I probably was not saved, so I eventually had a long talk with God and told Him I believed in my heart the good news, and proclaimed it with my mouth. And a child was born.

I tell them I found out that the teaching was false, that salvation is by God's amazing grace, not of works lest a man would boast in his work. And it is through faith,which is acquired by reading/hearing the words in the bible.  I then give them a bible or more often now a small men's/women's bible promise book, and inside book mark of the Romans Road tract, which they are more apt to read, with the index for the different topics. I've had them later ask for another one for their wife/husband or friend, a small leatherette style and several keep them in their delivery trucks. They like them, reading all those neat promises.

I love all catholics, as most of my relatives and most of my old friends are catholic, at least in name. Talk to any average catholic about scripture and discover how the majority doesn't know probably a half dozen scriptures. Don't believe me, ASK. I think often about should I confront my aunt, or cousin, friend etc with the truth of the true gospel of grace vs the RCC gospel of works.
The truth of the gospel divides, with or without love administered.

My anger is not to catholics but the clergy, el popo, cardinals and bishops, priests and nuns, spreading false doctrine (against the crucifixion of our Lord) to the ignorant sheep, blind leading the blind,  as I was so many years till that old faithful preacher gave me the bad news of not being saved/born again, and the RCC bible confirmed it. I had to get lost, understanding came, chewing on the hard meat, the tough bad news,  before I could/would then cry out for God's salvation mercy.

Praise God that old preacher knew the importance of the good news, shared his love by being a faithful steward of his knowledge of the true gospel, and the bad news then became the good news. It is fun to share the gospel, and don't let the enemy stop you from enjoying sowing seed. Ask God daily to send a lost soul just for you to share God's love, and his good news. You may end up with  a friend for eternity..:)

PS;

In all my years sharing the gospel, with a partner through our church, or with my wife children and others, and watching people like Ray Comfort on you tube, I have never seen or heard the shouting, beating them over the head with a bible, preaching hell fire etc etc ever.

I try to keep/hold their interest and not chase them away.
And let the spirit do his work.

Very similar testimonies we have along with present methods. I find practicing Romans 12:1&2 each morning prevents me from complaining too much when hard circumstances come, and rather see them as divine encounters. Thanks for sharing, (and the painful reminders of sharp pointers and rulers across the knuckles) - blessings.

• Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 1

57 minutes ago, angels4u said:

I don't understand why don't yo like  book of  James?

This is why...I am not going to elaborate on anything right now but if you ask me I will be more than glad to do so. 

These events took place some time after the Events that happened in Jerusalem about the death of Jesus and the preaching of the Gospel that followed. First Peter established that Jesus Christ was raised from the dead and that they are the first instance witnesses chosen to be so by God...Peter then established that Jesus was in his body the same body when he died...even though his body had changed Jesus was in the same body when he died on the Cross...(Jesus had the marks of his deadly wounds to prove it and the mark of the spear of the Roman soldier who peirce the side of Jesus seeking proof whether or not Jesus was dead at that time...and testify by signing the Roman diaries that Jesus was dead..

Peter specified that Jesus after his raising from the dead ate and drunk with them prooving that he was not in the Spirit Form or a ghost.) 

This is from Acts 10:41-44 NIV. 

41. He was not seen by all the people, but by witnesses whom God had already chosen—by us who ate and drank with him after he rose from the dead. 

(When Peter said that to the Romans they must have been shook up....to them it meant that Jesus had defeated the powers of the underworld and they gave up the people to be Judge by Jesus Christ as everyone from that time on would be Judge by Jesus Christ...Pete had understand by that time that the dead had heard the Gospel from Jesus Christ those three days and they will be judged also accordingly to having believe in Jesus Christ or not...

The Romans understood that their forefathers would have to go through that and for that reason they could not know where they were if they had believed in Jesus Christ or not...they understood that they were given the chance to believe in Jesus Christ and have their sins forgiven in his blood...in his name. 

42. He commanded us to preach to the people and to testify that he is the one whom God appointed as judge of the living and the dead. 

(This is what they were waiting to hear...that they were included in the "everyone" that they can have the forgiveness of their sins in the same way as the Jews by faith in his name) 

(By faith through his name as they were Pomans and to remain Romans...no need to be procylites like in the Covenant of Sinai.) (No need to be Circumcised and visit the Temple..)

43. The prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name.”

while this was something new to Peter and the other believers who were with him Jesus did something to astonished them He pour the Holy Spirit upon them in the same power as in the day of Pentecost....Peter and the others must have freaked out that the Holy Spirit had fallen on uncircumcised and unbaptized (water baptized) and unconfesed and without asking forgiveness and without beating their chest asking for mercy.)

44 While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit came on all who heard the message. 

• Huh?  I don't get it. 1