IGNORED

Why do we not have unity of mind and spirit?

chirpy

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.96
  • Days Won:  21

3 minutes ago, chirpy said:

Maybe I really am just pro Borg...

Your comments seem valid and it is sometimes quite disheartening.. I agree.

I have had to re-validate my secondary views often and still there is so much to learn.

Thanks for the post. Belessings!!

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  969
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  2

And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Topics Per Day:  1.34
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  7.04
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

21 minutes ago, chirpy said:

I suppose we were warned, many will claim to know Jesus, but He will not know them.  Maybe that was the big caveat, so many claim to love the lord, don't,  and that is why there is no unity.   But even the apostles did not see things the same and had disagreements.....

Clearly, being born again and spirit filled has been reduced to lip service.

This is the wake-up call.

1 Peter 1:

22 Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit

unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:

23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God,

which liveth and abideth for ever.

Galatians 5:

15 But if you bite and devour one another, beware lest you be consumed by one another!

25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. 

26 Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.

While reading First Peter, and making the honest assessment that I did not love

anyone fervently from a pure heart and was in drastic need of the Spirit to purify

my soul, I began to pray into these words. I then came across Psalm 139, and had 

the audacity to pray this out loud, and with complete sincerity:

23 Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:

24 And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

I proceeded to go through the most difficult season in my life, that resulted in a 

tremendous growth spurt in the Spirit. I found a new heart of compassion for "the

least of these" and knew that my heart had been re-aligned with the heart of the 

Father, for I previously could not have cared less. I became a weeping watchman

intercessor, and found that I had lost many of the desires of life that I had previously,

while many others continued, but fell away gradually. I wondered about this and asked

the Holy Spirit why I did not immediately become desire-less of the world? He showed

me this verse:

Exodus 23:29 I will not drive them out from before you in one year, lest the land

become desolate and the beasts of the field become too numerous for you.

I understood that I had to first become more aware of the things that I held in

my heart and acknowledge my need for deliverance. Otherwise, the beasts of pride

would have had a field day. I don't know why the Spirit compelled me to share this 

testimony today, but I offer it in sincerity, and my best effort for what is still lacking

in humility.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.81
  • Days Won:  1

43 minutes ago, chirpy said:

We fight and chastise each other over trite issues...

What else should we fight and chastising each other over?

Are there better things to be fighting and chastising over?

• Haha 2
  • Huh?  I don't get it. 2

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

not sure I understand your point.... it would be nice not to fight or chastise over anything...

the snide comments made about the type of spice used on a dish, or can't believe they brought that for a dish, or did not bring a dish and only a ??... the arguments over what color for the new carpet in the chapel or what songs to sing for the next service..... or did you see so and so park in the handy capped space... how dare they.... and on and on......  does any of it edify?

yes all is human and so frequent... but trite and belittling to others....  it just gets old...

if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything seems to be a lost idiom ....

unity of mind and spirit - the big things we fight over as well ------ women in the church, homosexuality, tolerance of fornication, adultery, and on and on.... we as christians are not united .... we argue about what is sin, what is right and wrong...

my point is ---- why has the Spirit not united us?  Yes, I want us all to agree and be a happy in sync group of followers of Jesus,  the reality is..... not going to happen on this current earth.... but I wish it would, and struggle with why the Spirit will not bring it about.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Thank you all for the encouragement.  Utopia is not going to be on this earth, we must endure and be patient.  But I do wish as Christians our life and attitudes would reflect less of the world, and as a whole, as followers of Christ, the world would see a life style in us that gives hope and envy to others.

As our lives do become more divergent from the world and we do live different from the majority... maybe we will become more united and be a positive witness and messenger of hope to others. but at the moment,  I just see us Christians as not much different in our attitudes and behavior from the world.....

and yes,  all one can do is try to stay on the path and try not to worry about the path others seem to be on.  Keep our own hearts in tune and walk as best we can. 

It does say in the latter days many will fall away, so those left will stick out like a sore thumb......   time will tell

I still think I just want to be assimilated and brought into the group mind.... is that the easy way? ... takes all the work on our part away... we just become the slave, tool of the collective brain..... oh my, I digress....

maranatha

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.81
  • Days Won:  1

56 minutes ago, chirpy said:

.......... I just see us Christians as not much different in our attitudes and behavior from the world.....

I think it's important to realize that all who call themselves Christian are not always actually Christian.

Being Christian means truly following Christ and becoming separate from following the world (which stands against Christ by its nature) and living outside of the world and its ways even while living in it.

This is my thinking, there are others that may think differently and I will not judge them for it, that judgment isn't within my authority, but would encourage them to at least consider my perspective on it for any merit it may have.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,449
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

3 hours ago, chirpy said:

not sure I understand your point.... it would be nice not to fight or chastise over anything...

the snide comments made about the type of spice used on a dish, or can't believe they brought that for a dish, or did not bring a dish and only a ??... the arguments over what color for the new carpet in the chapel or what songs to sing for the next service..... or did you see so and so park in the handy capped space... how dare they.... and on and on......  does any of it edify?

yes all is human and so frequent... but trite and belittling to others....  it just gets old...

if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything seems to be a lost idiom ....

unity of mind and spirit - the big things we fight over as well ------ women in the church, homosexuality, tolerance of fornication, adultery, and on and on.... we as christians are not united .... we argue about what is sin, what is right and wrong...

my point is ---- why has the Spirit not united us?  Yes, I want us all to agree and be a happy in sync group of followers of Jesus,  the reality is..... not going to happen on this current earth.... but I wish it would, and struggle with why the Spirit will not bring it about.

Without Him we are just weak and prone to all the negative fruits of the flesh, which is our natural default.  But we are not without Him - He lives in us! 

Now it is all about letting Him live through us, and that is an act of our will.  So while we are born-again believers with the life of the Son in us, we still have freedom to choose what will be our source - our spirit which is joined to Him (1 Cor 6:17), or the flesh in which no good thing dwells (Rom 7:17-18).

We Christians often think it is a mental thing, but I think it is more about our will choosing to let Him live through us.  That is, telling Him, "Lord Jesus, in myself I don't find it to be loving or joyful or kind, but I turn from all my weakness to You right now . . . Lord please live through me and do these things You are so capable of doing!  Teach me to let You live your proper human life through me!"

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  100
  • Content Per Day:  0.33

3 hours ago, chirpy said:

I think that before the church is raptured there will be great revivals all around the world. God will gather His harvest, but remember that the wheat and the tares grow together until then. What is clear is that all humanity will be given the choice who to follow. 

Fortunately we don't have to be Borg to be of one mind in Christ! Deception is futile, and the truth will set us free. Not only will we live long and prosper, we are already in eternity. The Lord is coming soon, so not long now until we know the fullness of that reality. 

In the mean time, I'm setting my sights on agreement with the truth, as all these arguments - big and small - are just a distraction from the truth, and they are certainly not where we find freedom, which is especially important as we have a responsibility to work out our own salvation with fear and trembling.

Hopefully this is a good place to find agreement in the truth of God's Word, and maybe even some encouragement.

We are living in interesting times, for sure.