Dennis1209

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  350
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,508
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

Prophetic scripture gives us the horrible conditions humanity will be in leading up to and including the Tribulation. For the first time in human history, there is a "convergence" of everything prophetic for our times.

Human trafficking (slave trade) is today's multibillion-dollar global enterprise, an open secret kept hush by the elite, liberal media, politicians, and celebrities. The investigation into Jeffrey Epstein and his "suicide" while under suicide watch was the joke of the decade.

Mel Gibson and the movie "Sound of Freedom" has stirred up a firestorm in Hollywood, government, liberal elites, and celebrities, shedding some light and exposing a deep dark secret.

In the chapter's context, does the following verse include the global slave trade?

Revelation 18:13 (KJV) And cinnamon, and odours, and ointments, and frankincense, and wine, and oil, and fine flour, and wheat, and beasts, and sheep, and horses, and chariots, and slaves, and souls of men.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.91

Slave trade in the Roman Empire was a very normal issue. The entire Roman world was built upon the back of the slave.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.66

11 minutes ago, teddyv said:

Slave trade in the Roman Empire was a very normal issue. The entire Roman world was built upon the back of the slave.

In the old world, all of it, not just the Roman empire, it was common and normal to take defeated enemies as slaves.

Some would argue that it still is in some parts of the world where religiously oriented tribalistic wars prevail, and they would be right to a large extent.

• Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.91

3 minutes ago, FJK said:

In the old world, all of it, not just the Roman empire, it was common and normal to take defeated enemies as slaves.

Some would argue that it still is in some parts of the world where religiously oriented tribalistic wars prevail, and they would be right to a large extent.

I was specifying the Romans since that is the most direct context to the book of Revelation.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.66

1 hour ago, teddyv said:

I was specifying the Romans since that is the most direct context to the book of Revelation.

That leads to some interesting thoughts, as in do you think the Roman (European) slave trade might return in the last days?

Or should that be taken literally at all?

Something I've never considered before (at least in this context).

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,053
  • Content Per Day:  3.30
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Dennis1209 said:

Prophetic scripture gives us the horrible conditions humanity will be in leading up to and including the Tribulation. For the first time in human history, there is a "convergence" of everything prophetic for our times.

Human trafficking (slave trade) is today's multibillion-dollar global enterprise, an open secret kept hush by the elite, liberal media, politicians, and celebrities. The investigation into Jeffrey Epstein and his "suicide" while under suicide watch was the joke of the decade.

Mel Gibson and the movie "Sound of Freedom" has stirred up a firestorm in Hollywood, government, liberal elites, and celebrities, shedding some light and exposing a deep dark secret.

In the chapter's context, does the following verse include the global slave trade?

Revelation 18:13 (KJV) And cinnamon, and odours, and ointments, and frankincense, and wine, and oil, and fine flour, and wheat, and beasts, and sheep, and horses, and chariots, and slaves, and souls of men.

You're correct. Men are sooner or later enslaved. Paul was a "servant" of Christ. The word literally means "bond-servant" - a slave without rights. Strong's says it is the lowest point on the scale of servitude. Both the Law of Moses and the New Testament regulate the behavior of slaves and their masters.

"Slaves" in this verse must be literal slaves because all the other things are literal. "The souls of men" is, I judge, is total allegiance of the man. A slave need not be loyal or dedicated to his master, but still does his work. The soul is made of mind, emotions and will. If you have won or established a thought process that evokes allegiance, the feelings of the man will favor his master and he will make decisions in favor of his master. I also judge that as the context is COMMERCIAL Babylon, that great profit is to be made of such servants. A servant is usually compliant and productive because of fear, respect, love and/or privileges gained. A slave with these attributes is of great worth.

It is valuable to have slaves. But if you have the hearts and minds of your servants you can commit great responsibility to them - like Pharaoh and Joseph. Positive attributes of the soul lead to its "salvation" (1st Pet.1:6-8).

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  350
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,508
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

13 hours ago, AdHoc said:

You're correct. Men are sooner or later enslaved. Paul was a "servant" of Christ. The word literally means "bond-servant" - a slave without rights. Strong's says it is the lowest point on the scale of servitude. Both the Law of Moses and the New Testament regulate the behavior of slaves and their masters.

"Slaves" in this verse must be literal slaves because all the other things are literal. "The souls of men" is, I judge, is total allegiance of the man. A slave need not be loyal or dedicated to his master, but still does his work. The soul is made of mind, emotions and will. If you have won or established a thought process that evokes allegiance, the feelings of the man will favor his master and he will make decisions in favor of his master. I also judge that as the context is COMMERCIAL Babylon, that great profit is to be made of such servants. A servant is usually compliant and productive because of fear, respect, love and/or privileges gained. A slave with these attributes is of great worth.

It is valuable to have slaves. But if you have the hearts and minds of your servants you can commit great responsibility to them - like Pharaoh and Joseph. Positive attributes of the soul lead to its "salvation" (1st Pet.1:6-8).

Good morning,

I agree with your assessment. By the number of views and participants on this subject, it appears there is little interest in this topic spreading like cancer.

Short of quoting Hebrew and Greek lexicons, I find some things interesting. Using the KJV of the Bible, “servant(s)” is listed in 462 passages, and slave(s) translated only twice. If memory serves, the translators found using the most accurate word, “slave,” offensive and substituted the word servant(s) instead. Interestingly, the translators used the correct translation in only two verses in the Bible, Rev. 18:13 and Jerimiah 2:14, one singular and one plural.

Will the world suddenly wake up one morning under the New World Order and Antichrist and find themselves enslaved? Or is there a planned process spanning over time? I submit the latter.

I think of the oxymoron of the dozens of global “free trade” legally binding agreements containing tens of thousands of outlined legal pages and enforcement. Free - In government, not enslaved; not in a state of vassalage or dependence; subject only to fixed laws, made by consent, and to a regular administration of such laws; not subject to the arbitrary will of a sovereign or lord; as a free state, nation or people.[1]

Where do most of our food and products come from, and why are we having shortages? Answer: Free trade. The world is now interdependent for national and global survival.  

The Antichrist system will enslave and seize the world (probably the European continent) through existing organizations, laws, agreements, governments, and agencies. A system that has been previously established. I believe that agency is the United Nations, now morphing into a global power, about to unleash its New World Order Agenda 2030. Their agenda and plans for humanity are unmistakable and devilish.

As well as crime cartels, are member nations under the United Nations currently involved in the sex trafficking and slave trade? My limited research into U.N. occupation troops suggests so.

The anti-Ten Commandments, the Georgia Guide Stones, are the core of U.N. Agenda 2030, being feverishly implemented.

The following utopian world is the spirit of antichrist and covert global enslavement, as outlined in Agenda 2030: 21252030 Agenda for Sustainable Development web.pdf (un.org)

1. Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.
  2. Guide reproduction wisely – improving fitness and diversity.
  3. Unite humanity with a living new language.
  4. Rule passion – faith – tradition – and all things with tempered reason.
  5. Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.
  6. Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.
  7. Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
  8. Balance personal rights with social duties.
  9. Prize truth – beauty – love – seeking harmony with the infinite.
  10. Be not a cancer on the Earth – Leave room for nature – Leave room for nature.

• Topic Count:  203
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,476
  • Content Per Day:  6.16
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

3 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

The anti-Ten Commandments, the Georgia Guide Stones, are the core of U.N. Agenda 2030, being feverishly implemented.

The following utopian world is the spirit of antichrist and covert global enslavement, as outlined in Agenda 2030: 21252030 Agenda for Sustainable Development web.pdf (un.org)

1. Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.
  2. Guide reproduction wisely – improving fitness and diversity.
  3. Unite humanity with a living new language.
  4. Rule passion – faith – tradition – and all things with tempered reason.
  5. Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.
  6. Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.
  7. Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
  8. Balance personal rights with social duties.
  9. Prize truth – beauty – love – seeking harmony with the infinite.
  10. Be not a cancer on the Earth – Leave room for nature – Leave room for nature.

I'd not heard of the Georgia Guidestones.  Interesting reading about it in Wiki . . . surrounded in much mystery.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Content Count:  1,628
  • Content Per Day:  1.15

19 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Any time I read something like this -- "Human trafficking (slave trade) is today's multibillion-dollar global enterprise, an open secret kept hush by the elite, liberal media, politicians, and celebrities" I stop reading.  Why?  a) Because it is hyperbole and b) because it blames those whom some people envy.  Everyone who isn't part of the elite, the "liberal" media, a politician, or a celebrity blames them for their own misery.  "Every is against me, which is why my life is such a failure".  And who will save you?  Mel Gibson.  His (paid for) starring role in an alarmist movie is A JOKE!  It's too bad that some can't separate fact from fiction.

And if you're going to quote Scripture, try doing it a) in context and b) from a reliable translation.  Revelation 18:11-13, "And the merchants of the earth weep and mourn for her, since no one buys their cargo any more, cargo of gold, silver, jewels and pearls, fine linen, purple, silk and scarlet, all kinds of scented wood, all articles of ivory, all articles of costly wood, bronze, iron, and marble, 1cinnamon, spice, incense, myrrh, frankincense, wine, olive oil, choice flour and wheat, cattle and sheep, horses and chariots, slaves—and human lives."  a) World trade is hardly endangered and b) two out-of-context words don't prove anything!

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,053
  • Content Per Day:  3.30

3 hours ago, JimmyB said:

Any time I read something like this -- "Human trafficking (slave trade) is today's multibillion-dollar global enterprise, an open secret kept hush by the elite, liberal media, politicians, and celebrities" I stop reading.  Why?  a) Because it is hyperbole and b) because it blames those whom some people envy.  Everyone who isn't part of the elite, the "liberal" media, a politician, or a celebrity blames them for their own misery.  "Every is against me, which is why my life is such a failure".  And who will save you?  Mel Gibson.  His (paid for) starring role in an alarmist movie is A JOKE!  It's too bad that some can't separate fact from fiction.

And if you're going to quote Scripture, try doing it a) in context and b) from a reliable translation.  Revelation 18:11-13, "And the merchants of the earth weep and mourn for her, since no one buys their cargo any more, cargo of gold, silver, jewels and pearls, fine linen, purple, silk and scarlet, all kinds of scented wood, all articles of ivory, all articles of costly wood, bronze, iron, and marble, 1cinnamon, spice, incense, myrrh, frankincense, wine, olive oil, choice flour and wheat, cattle and sheep, horses and chariots, slaves—and human lives."  a) World trade is hardly endangered and b) two out-of-context words don't prove anything!

I understand that "souls" is correct. The Greek is "psuche" as opposed to "bios" - human life. I also understood that World Trade's security is not even mentioned. It's agenda was the topic.

However, I respect your freedom to write anything you like.