• Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,628
  • Content Per Day:  1.16
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Stewardofthemystery said:

Jesus said in Matthew 5:48

“Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.”

This perfection is only made possible by being born again of the Holy Spirit and being made a new man in Christ.

I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.”

The word “perfect” in scripture can also mean to be “complete”.  Just as it is written we are “complete” in Him.

And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:”

This perfection details being undefiled by sin, or without the spot, blemish, or “mark of sin”

Lets look at the word “perfect” in the Hebrew…

Gen 17:1 - And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walkbefore me, and be thou perfect. H8549

The word perfect H8549….

Strong’s Definitions

תָּמִים tâmîym, taw-meem'; from H8552; entire (literally, figuratively or morally); also (as noun) integrity, truth:—without blemish, complete, full, perfect, sincerely (-ity), sound, without spot, undefiled, upright(-ly), whole.

When the words of God talk about being undefiled “without blemish” or “without spot” it is talking about being “without the mark of sin” as sin is the “mark” of the man/beast.

Notice we, as Christ was also, are supposed to be without spot or without blemish, or without sin…

That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ:
How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless. 

Without spot= without sin

Are you "spotless?  Do you never sin?  Read Matthew 7 about judging others, then answer the question.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,122
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Ok to all of  you in this thread..   I keep reading that everyone sins and in other threads I read we are supposed to confess our sins and repent.

So each of you in this thread will you confess what sins you have committed this week and promise not to commit them again.

I think that would be much more productive than the bunch of you arguing about what the Word says about sins.

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

On 7/28/2023 at 12:52 PM, FreeGrace said:

So then, apparently you do not believe what Jesus taught!!  In John 5:24 He said:   “Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life.

So here, He establishes that those who believe POSSESS eternal life and 'will not be judged'.

Then, in John 10:28 He taught:  I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. 

So here, He taught that He is the Giver of eternal life, and RECIPIENTS of eternal life SHALL NEVER PERISH.

Yet, you claim recipients of eternal life CAN perish.

I believe what Jesus taught.

Why don't you believe what Jesus taught in Jn 5:24 and 10:28?  Or were you just unaware of what He taught?

Thank you for the reference.

I got saved recently and me and my girlfriend have sex and we are not married and I know some one who is telling me bible verses that he says shows I'm in sin and won't be saved because as he puts it I'm living in sin.

This guy is claiming I have to ask for forgiveness and quit having sex before my sins would be forgiven.  I have been going to a baptist church and they tell me all my future sins are already forgiven.  It sounds like if having sex was a sin and I'm not married than it's all good because that is already forgiven.

Based on your reference, I don't have to stop having sex with my girlfriend and I';m still saved.

We actually get drunk sometimes and smoke weed too so I'm still saved while doing these things to right?

Edited by Billy Bob
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service

4 hours ago, other one said:

Ok to all of  you in this thread..   I keep reading that everyone sins and in other threads I read we are supposed to confess our sins and repent.

So each of you in this thread will you confess what sins you have committed this week and promise not to commit them again.

I think that would be much more productive than the bunch of you arguing about what the Word says about sins.

I have already confessed my sins to my Father -- God.

10 hours ago, Stewardofthemystery said:

Jesus said in Matthew 5:48

“Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.”

This perfection is only made possible by being born again of the Holy Spirit and being made a new man in Christ.

I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.”

The word “perfect” in scripture can also mean to be “complete”.  Just as it is written we are “complete” in Him.

And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:”

This perfection details being undefiled by sin, or without the spot, blemish, or “mark of sin”

Lets look at the word “perfect” in the Hebrew…

Gen 17:1 - And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walkbefore me, and be thou perfect. H8549

The word perfect H8549….

Strong’s Definitions

תָּמִים tâmîym, taw-meem'; from H8552; entire (literally, figuratively or morally); also (as noun) integrity, truth:—without blemish, complete, full, perfect, sincerely (-ity), sound, without spot, undefiled, upright(-ly), whole.

When the words of God talk about being undefiled “without blemish” or “without spot” it is talking about being “without the mark of sin” as sin is the “mark” of the man/beast.

Notice we, as Christ was also, are supposed to be without spot or without blemish, or without sin…

That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ:
How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless. 

Without spot= without sin

What do all these out-of-context quotes mean in English?

1 hour ago, Billy Bob said:

I got saved recently and me and my girlfriend have sex and we are not married and I know some one who is telling me bible verses that he says shows I'm in sin and won't be saved because as he puts it I'm living in sin.

This guy is claiming I have to ask for forgiveness and quit having sex before my sins would be forgiven.  I have been going to a baptist church and they tell me all my future sins are already forgiven.  It sounds like if having sex was a sin and I'm not married than it's all good because that is already forgiven.

Based on your reference, I don't have to stop having sex with my girlfriend and I';m still saved.

We actually get drunk sometimes and smoke weed too so I'm still saved while doing these things to right?

I don't know if you're serious or just being provocative.  Regardless, you should pay attention to what the Bible says about this (with my emphases)...

Hebrews 10:26-31, "If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God. Anyone who rejected the law of Moses died without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. How much more severely do you think someone deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, who has treated as an unholy thing the blood of the covenant that sanctified them, and who has insulted the Spirit of grace? For we know him who said, “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” and again, “The Lord will judge his people.” It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God."

This is not something to joke about!

Edited by JimmyB

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,415
  • Content Per Day:  8.22

1 hour ago, Billy Bob said:

My "reference" is the Bible, the ONLY reference in regard to salvation.  Speaking of which, what do you mean by you 'got saved recently'?  Could you explain how you 'got saved'.  The term is being thrown around rather loosely these days, so I need to understand what you understand.  Thanks.

However, if you think your activities with your gf are ok in God's sight, you'd better duck, 'cause the Bible is very clear about disobedience.  Sex was designed by God for marriage only.  And only between the couple.  Everything else is offensive to God.

If you are really saved (the biblical way), you are a child of God, and therefore, under His Hand of discipline when you "get out of line".  

Heb 12:11 says that God's discipline is PAINFUL, so be prepared for what is coming.

Regarding salvation, God saves and forgives the sins of those who believe in His Son who died for their sins.  But for daily life, sin breaks fellowship with God, and your prayers won't be answered!  Psa 66:18 -  If I regard iniquity in my heart, The Lord will not hear:

The solution to being out of fellowship is to confess your sins.  1 Jn 1:9 -  If we confess our sins, he is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

But, if you think you can simply "confess" and then just keep on 'keeping on", ;), you are abusing God's plan for you.  You will become less and less happy/context, and more and more miserable as God applies more and more discipline to get your attention.

The Bible commands believers to "be holy, for I am holy" says God.  That's not a suggestion.  It's a command.  Disobedience leads to discipline, which is painful.

There are many examples in Scripture of God disciplining His children.

Why not ask the pastor of that Baptist church if all your "future sins" are covered and you don't need to change your behavior.

Then let me know what he says.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  289
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

I have mixed thoughts because we are all born in the flesh. However as Christians we are taught not to live for the flesh. Galations 5:19-23,25. We are urged to put away works of the flesh. 

• Thumbs Up 1