• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  179
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  0

40 minutes ago, com7fy8 said:

You could be speaking of the Christianity that you are aware of. Here is what I have learned through the Christianity I am aware of >

What is taught in scripture is that we all have been sinners > "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." (Romans 3:23). All without Jesus have been enemies of God > "For if when we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved through His life." (Romans 6:10). And we were not beautiful in God's love and in the humility of Jesus, like 1 Peter 3:4 says to have "the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God." (in 1 Peter 3:4).

But we were ugly in sin; we were not some gorgeous woman Jesus was begging to marry Him. But we were unworthy and undeserving of His love. 

But Jesus died on the cross for us, and has saved whomever has trusted in Him (Ephesians 1:12). And if someone trusts Jesus and therefore obeys Him, "you will find rest for your souls." (in Matthew 11:29)

But if ones disobey Jesus >

"'Destruction and misery are in their ways;

'And the way of peace they have not known.'"

This is Romans 3:16-17)

This horribleness inside selfish people is not because of Jesus, but their own selfish personalities and "their ways" make them weak so they can keep on giving in to evil ways and their suffering which comes with their own selfish ways. 

And if they go to hell, it will still be their own selfish nature making them able to suffer there also, as it has made them able to suffer in this life.

Therefore, Jesus is not using hell as a threat, but their own selfish character is what makes them able to so suffer . . . while being so conceited that they judge Jesus to be not good enough for them.

I've no doubt the wicked will suffer - but for how long?

I submit God would never torture anyone, beautiful or ugly, for eternity and there isn't a text supporting it.

Some quote "smoke of their torment ascendeth up forever and ever" as "proof" but thanks to Isaiah, we can easily conclude this refers to DISTANCE not DURATION, seeing that the smoke of Edom was to go up forever and ever but the fires of Edom have long since gone out.

Some quote the "Rich Man and Lazarus" but a casual glance at the link I provided showing 14 irresolvable contradictions that arise when making that passage literal demands that it can only be a parable.

Some quote "eternal punishment" - but what does Romans 6:23 say is the punishment for sin? Eternal torment? No, it's DEATH! Eternal, everlasting death...a death from which there will be no resurrection.

Some quote "suffering the vengeance of eternal fire" which is no more everlasting than "eternal judgment" or "eternal redemption" which are all eternal in their RESULT - not their PROCESS. Same for "everlasting destruction" - it's everlasting in its RESULT, not its PROCESS. God is not going to eternally bang a gavel and yell "order in the court, order in the court" nor will Jesus keep climbing back up on crosses to be crucified. Besides, the "eternal fire" of Sodom and Gomorrah stopped burning thousands of years ago. RESULT, not PROCESS.

Some quote "tormented day and night forever and ever" - but according to Vines, the Greek "aionios" translated "forever" means "duration: either undefined but not endless - or - undefined because endless" - which means "we don't know how long it is, but it's going to end - or - we don't know how long it is because it's never going to end". We have to decide which...and since "forever" is many times used in connection with human experiences that have already ended, we can safely conclude it means "undefined but not endless" from other texts which clearly say the suffering of the wicked is not eternal:

"they shall be as though they had not been"

"never shalt thou (Satan) be anymore"

"shall sleep a perpetual sleep and not wake"

"For yet a little while and the wicked shall not be"

"shall leave them neither root nor branch" (which even Eternal Torment scholars admit is a Hebrew proverbial expression for "complete and total destruction - absolutely nothing left - total annihilation".

There's so many examples of these, that when it comes down to it, the only "proof" for Eternal Torment is wrongly interpreted texts.

Edited by phoneman-777
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  873
  • Content Per Day:  0.46

"But she who lives in pleasure is dead while she lives." (1 Timothy 5:6)

So, she is "dead", but "she lives". She is conscious but in love-dead sin. I mean, she is not alive in God's love.

But God is not making her suffer. Her own sin makes her able to suffer "torment".

"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment." (in 1 John 4:18)

So, yes there is torment which ones of Satan now already suffer . . . not because of God making them suffer.

And hell is like this. There is the being dead but conscious, and God is not making ones suffer. Their own sin nature makes them so they can suffer in the spirit of evil so love dead > "the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience " (in Ephesians 2:2)

And they are in denial about this, right now while they are so suffering. But in the resurrection of the unjust they shall reap so much more of what they are sowing, unless they repent.

Galatians 6:7-8 says each of us will reap what we have been sowing. Once we are resurrected, we will not have our bodies for feeling pleasures. We will have only how we have become spiritually, multiplied . . . reaping so much more than those little seeds we sowed in this life.

Ones will reap "corruption", and 2 Peter 1:4 says there now is "the corruption that is in the world through lust". People in lust are experiencing their lust's corruption, with its conscious suffering because of its weakness (Romans 5:6) making them able to suffer spiritual torment because of the spirit of fear (1 John 4:18).

This torment is not caused by God. So, all those arguments about word meanings and accusing God can't change this. People in sin, in Satan's evil spirit already are in torment and corruption conscious. And hell is the flaming sewer for all such evil and the vessels (Romans 9:21) being used to carry it there.

So, it is wise to get rid of all Satanic sewage, such as unforgiveness, anger, bitterness, pride, and lust, and become a vessel of Jesus and His things above.

Satan's nasty stuff is a punishment in itself!! And it is now, and can be reaped if ones do not repent.

In Romans 1:18-32 we see how ones refusing God suffered "in themselves the penalty of their error which was due" . . . already in this life, and conscious but dead, not alive in God's love but conscious in Satanic stuff of his disobedient spirit.

Ones are already tormented in their error. Their punishment is how they are becoming, to reap this possibly, instead of becoming like Jesus and pleasing our Father like Jesus pleases Him.

Their destruction is not that God has put them out of existence, but how they are in the ruin of Satan's evil spirit which God has not removed from existence. He hasn't and no scripture says God will remove the spirit of evil from existence. But there is the "everlasting fire" (Matthew 25:41) which is "prepared".

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

On 7/29/2023 at 4:46 AM, phoneman-777 said:

but if she refused, he would steal her away and put her in a torture chamber and keep her there for as long as she lives, forever, if possible.

The problem is that you misunderstand the situation.  

Joh 3:18  "He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.  Joh 3:19  And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.  Joh 3:20  For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed.

The person he proposes to is already condemned to torture and only by accepting the proposal can she escape it.   This is an act of merciful love.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,586
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

On 7/30/2023 at 10:25 AM, phoneman-777 said:

Hi, VA, since the Soul comes into existence as a consequence of the union of the Body and the Breath of Life (Genesis 2:7 KJV), at the moment of disunion when the Body returns to Earth and the Spirit returns to God (Ecclesiastes 12:7 KJV), the Soul "ceases to exist" aka "dies".

SO, TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION:

The brightness of Jesus' coming kills all living wicked (2 Thessalonians 2:8 KJV) who drop dead everywhere (Jeremiah 25:30-33 KJV) and join the dead wicked of all ages and remain dead 1,000 years until the ROTD when they rise to a "second life" where they are convinced of their guilt, drop down and confess Jesus is Lord, and then are cast into the LOF where they die the Second Death...which is eternal death...everlasting death...a death from which there will be no resurrection.

That's why John wrote that in Revelation 21:4 KJV.

Shalom, phoneman-777.

I accept that the soul is a combination of the body and a puff of living things; however, when the Messiah Yeeshuwa` returns, He brings general LIFE in the RESURRECTION, not general death! On the other hand, let's take a closer look at 2 Thessalonians 2:8:

2 Thessalonians 2:1-12 (KJV)

1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him, 2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. 3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; 4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God. 5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things? 6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time. 7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way. 8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: 9 Even HIM, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, 10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

He whom the Lord Yeeshuwa` the Messiah destroys with the brightness of His Coming is "that Wicked [one]," not all the wicked people! Everything in verses 8 and 9 are in the SINGULAR in Greek! It's Yeeshuwa` vs. the Lawless One, 0r the One against the Torah of God!

See, the thing one must remember is that Yeeshuwa` ("Jesus") is the RIGHTFUL HEIR to David's throne! That's what "Messiah" means! He is "the LORD'S Anointed!" That is, He is the One who is Anointed by YHWH God to be the King of the Jews and the King of Israel! And, just as David fully recognized that YHWH God was the TRUE King behind his own Kingdom, Yeeshuwa` will do the same!

God made a promise to David (called the Davidic Covenant) that He SHALL fulfill! Here's that promise with its background: (I use GREEN for narration, royal PURPLE for the words of YHWH God, RED for the words of the Messiah Yeeshuwa`, and BLUE for the words of anyone else.)

2 Samuel 7:1-17 (KJV)

1 And it came to pass, when the king sat in his house, and the LORD had given him rest round about from all his enemies; 2 That the king said unto Nathan the prophet,

"See now, I dwell in an house of cedar, but the ark of God dwelleth within curtains."

3 And Nathan said to the king,

"Go, do all that is in thine heart; for the LORD is with thee."

4 And it came to pass that night, that the word of the LORD came unto Nathan, saying, 

5 "Go and tell my servant David,

"'Thus saith the LORD,

"'"Shalt thou build ME an house for me to dwell in? 6 Whereas I have not dwelt in any house since the time that I brought up the children of Israel out of Egypt, even to this day, but have walked in a tent and in a tabernacle. 7 In all the places wherein I have walked with all the children of Israel spake I a word with any of the tribes of Israel, whom I commanded to feed my people Israel, saying, 'Why build ye not me an house of cedar?' "'

8 "Now therefore so shalt thou say unto my servant David,

"'Thus saith the LORD of hosts,

"'"I took thee from the sheepcote, from following the sheep, to be ruler over my people, over Israel: 9 And I was with thee whithersoever thou wentest, and have cut off all thine enemies out of thy sight, and have made thee a great name, like unto the name of the great menthat are in the earth. 10 Moreover I will appoint a place for my people Israel, and will plant them, that they may dwell in a place of their own, and move no more; neither shall the children of wickedness afflict them any more, as beforetime, 11 And as since the time that I commanded judges to be over my people Israel, and have caused thee to rest from all thine enemies."

"'Also the LORD telleth thee that HE will make thee an house. 

12 "'"And when thy days be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy SEED after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom. 13 He shall build an house for my name, and I will stablish the throne of his kingdom for ever. 14 I WILL BE HIS FATHER, AND HE SHALL BE MY SON. If he commit (If He be twisted into) iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men, and with the stripes of the children of men: 15 But my mercy shall not depart away from him, as I took it from Saul, whom I put away before thee. 16 And thine house and thy kingdom shall be established for ever before thee: thy throne shall be established for ever."'"

17 According to all these words, and according to all this vision, so did Nathan speak unto David.

This is NOT talking about Shlomoh haMelekh ("King Solomon") for we read this in 1 Kings 1:

1 Kings 1:1-40 (KJV)

1 Now king David was old and stricken in years; and they covered him with clothes, but he gat no heat. 2 Wherefore his servants said unto him,

"Let there be sought for my lord the king a young virgin: and let her stand before the king, and let her cherish him, and let her lie in thy bosom, that my lord the king may get heat."

3 So they sought for a fair damsel throughout all the coasts of Israel, and found Abishag a Shunammite, and brought her to the king. 4 And the damsel was very fair, and cherished the king, and ministered to him: but the king knew her not (had no sexual relations with her).

5 Then Adonijah the son of Haggith exalted himself, saying,

"I will be king":

and he prepared him chariots and horsemen, and fifty men to run before him. 6 And his father had not displeased him at any time in saying, "Why hast thou done so?" and he also was a very goodly man; and his mother bare him after Absalom (David's second born son). 7 And he conferred with Joab (David's nephew and man-at-arms) the son of Zeruiah (David's sister), and with Abiathar the priest: and they following Adonijah helped him. 8 But Zadok the priest, and Benaiah the son of Jehoiada (another of David's mighty men), and Nathan the prophet, and Shimei, and Rei, and the mighty men which belonged to David, were not with Adonijah.

9 And Adonijah slew sheep and oxen and fat cattle by the stone of Zoheleth, which is by Enrogel, and called all his brethren the king's sons, and all the men of Judah the king's servants: 10 But Nathan the prophet, and Benaiah, and the mighty men, and Solomon his brother, he called not. 

11 Wherefore Nathan spake unto Bathsheba the mother of Solomon, saying,

"Hast thou not heard that Adonijah the son of Haggith (another wife of David) doth reign, and David our lord knoweth it not? 12 Now therefore come, let me, I pray thee, give thee counsel, that thou mayest save thine own life, and the life of thy son Solomon. 13 Go and get thee in unto king David, and say unto him,

"'Didst not thou, my lord, O king, swear unto thine handmaid, saying, "Assuredly Solomon thy son shall reign after me, and he shall sit upon my throne"? why then doth Adonijah reign?'

14 "Behold, while thou yet talkest there with the king, I also will come in after thee, and confirm thy words."

15 And Bathsheba went in unto the king into the chamber: and the king was very old; and Abishag the Shunammite ministered unto the king. 16 And Bathsheba bowed, and did obeisance unto the king. And the king said,

"What wouldest thou?"

17 And she said unto him,

"My lord, thou swarest by the LORD thy God unto thine handmaid, saying, 'Assuredly Solomon thy son shall reign after me, and he shall sit upon my throne.' 18 And now, behold, Adonijah reigneth; and now, my lord the king, thou knowest it not: 19 And he hath slain oxen and fat cattle and sheep in abundance, and hath called all the sons of the king, and Abiathar the priest, and Joab the captain of the host: but Solomon thy servant hath he not called. 20 And thou, my lord, O king, the eyes of all Israel are upon thee, that thou shouldest tell them who shall sit on the throne of my lord the king after him. 21 Otherwise it shall come to pass, when my lord the king shall sleep with his fathers, that I and my son Solomon shall be counted offenders."

22 And, lo, while she yet talked with the king, Nathan the prophet also came in. 23 And they told the king, saying,

"Behold Nathan the prophet."

And when he was come in before the king, he bowed himself before the king with his face to the ground. 24 And Nathan said,

"My lord, O king, hast thou said, 'Adonijah shall reign after me, and he shall sit upon my throne'? 25 For he is gone down this day, and hath slain oxen and fat cattle and sheep in abundance, and hath called all the king's sons, and the captains of the host, and Abiathar the priest; and, behold, they eat and drink before him, and say, 'God save king Adonijah.' 26 But me, even me thy servant, and Zadok the priest, and Benaiah the son of Jehoiada, and thy servant Solomon, hath he not called. 27 Is this thing done by my lord the king, and thou hast not shewed it unto thy servant, who should sit on the throne of my lord the king after him?"

28 Then king David answered and said,

"Call me Bathsheba."

And she came into the king's presence, and stood before the king. 29 And the king sware, and said, 

"As the LORD liveth, that hath redeemed my soul out of all distress, 30 Even as I sware unto thee by the LORD God of Israel, saying, 'Assuredly Solomon thy son shall reign after me, and he shall sit upon my throne in my stead'; even so will I certainly do this day."

31 Then Bathsheba bowed with her face to the earth, and did reverence to the king, and said,

"Let my lord king David live for ever."

32 And king David said,

"Call me Zadok the priest, and Nathan the prophet, and Benaiah the son of Jehoiada."

And they came before the king. 33 The king also said unto them,

"Take with you the servants of your lord, and cause Solomon my son to ride upon mine own mule, and bring him down to Gihon: 34 And let Zadok the priest and Nathan the prophet anoint him there king over Israel: and blow ye with the trumpet, and say, 'God save king Solomon!' 35 Then ye shall come up after him, that he may come and sit upon my throne; for he shall be king in my stead: and I have appointed him to be ruler over Israel and over Judah."

36 And Benaiah the son of Jehoiada answered the king, and said,

"Amen: the LORD God of my lord the king say so too. 37 As the LORD hath been with my lord the king, even so be he with Solomon, and make his throne greater than the throne of my lord king David."

38 So Zadok the priest, and Nathan the prophet, and Benaiah the son of Jehoiada, and the Cherethites, and the Pelethites, went down, and caused Solomon to ride upon king David's mule, and brought him to Gihon. 39 And Zadok the priest took an horn of oil out of the tabernacle, and anointed Solomon. And they blew the trumpet; and all the people said,

"God save king Solomon!"

40 And all the people came up after him, and the people piped with pipes, and rejoiced with great joy, so that the earth rent with the sound of them.

Tbe reason why I brought up this account is that it shows that Shlomoh became king while David was still alive! Therefore, knowing that God would know that this would happen BEFORE He spoke to David making him the promise above, Shlomoh was NOT the "SEED" to whom He was referring!

The messenger GaVriy'Eel ("Gabriel") confirmed this to Miryam ("Mary"), Yeeshuwa`s mother:

Luke 1:26-33 (KJV)

26 And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth, 27 To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary. 28 And the angel came in unto her, and said,

"Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women!"

29 And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation (greeting) this should be. 30 And the angel said unto her,

"Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God. 31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS. 32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: 33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end."

This confirmed the Davidic Covenant to Yeeshuwa` the Messiah of God.

But, TO THIS DAY Yeeshuwa` has NEVER taken His promised role as Israel's King! But, He SHALL! And, when He does, He shall acknowledge that His Father, YHWH God, is the TRUE King behind His throne, just as His ancestor David did!

There's a REASON why Revelation 20 talks about a Millennium, the first ONE THOUSAND YEARS of the Messiah's reign while Satan is locked away! (Notice, though, in both the Davidic Covenant and the confirmation of GaVriy'Eel, the King will reign FOREVER, not just a thousand years!)

15 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, phoneman-777.

I accept that the soul is a combination of the body and a puff of living things; however, when the Messiah Yeeshuwa` returns, He brings general LIFE in the RESURRECTION, not general death!

Hi, Retrobyter, it's an irrefutable fact the wicked cannot survive in the presence of a holy God - they'll be destroyed along with the Man of Sin by the brightness of Jesus' coming.

He whom the Lord Yeeshuwa` the Messiah destroys with the brightness of His Coming is "that Wicked [one]," not all the wicked people! Everything in verses 8 and 9 are in the SINGULAR in Greek! It's Yeeshuwa` vs. the Lawless One, 0r the One against the Torah of God!

The Lord Himself told righteous Moses no man can survive a look at His glory, and neither will the wicked Man of Sin and his wicked followers "at the brightness of His coming".

There's a REASON why Revelation 20 talks about a Millennium, the first ONE THOUSAND YEARS of the Messiah's reign while Satan is locked away! (Notice, though, in both the Davidic Covenant and the confirmation of GaVriy'Eel, the King will reign FOREVER, not just a thousand years!)

No physical chain can hold Satan, therefore these chains which bind Satan for 1,000 years are "chains of circumstance" - he'll be confined 1,000 years to a destroyed, empty Earth with only his demons and the corpses of the wicked which "at that day shall be from one end of the Earth, even to the other end of the Earth. They shall not be lamented, nor gathered, nor buried, but they shall be dung on the ground" while the living and resurrected saints depart for their 1,000 year reign of peace in heaven.

After the 1,000 years, New Jerusalem is transported to Earth where the wicked will resurrect from where they dropped dead, be sentenced as convicted criminals, and cast into the LOF prepared for the devil and his angels.

Edited by phoneman-777

20 hours ago, Willa said:

The problem is that you misunderstand the situation.  

Joh 3:18  "He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.  Joh 3:19  And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.  Joh 3:20  For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed.

The person he proposes to is already condemned to torture and only by accepting the proposal can she escape it.   This is an act of merciful love.

Whether they're destined or not, the only way people will be entering the eternal torture chamber built by the guy who "so loved them" is that he tosses them in himself.

Humans recognizes the injustice of "cruel and unusual punishment" and no one can deny that "eternal torment" would be at the top of that list.

"Shall mortal man be MORE JUST than God?"

Edited by phoneman-777

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

1 hour ago, phoneman-777 said:

Whether they're destined or not, the only way people will be entering the eternal torture chamber built by the guy who "so loved them" is that he tosses them in himself.

Hell was created for satan and his angels.  People choose for themselves whom they follow, and have chosen to follow satan into hell.  It is our own choice to resist and reject God's saving love.  

You sound very bitter and angry, like you are hurting or grieving.  I am praying that God comfort you and heal your pain, and that you can receive His love for you.

8 hours ago, Willa said:

Hell was created for satan and his angels.  People choose for themselves whom they follow, and have chosen to follow satan into hell.  It is our own choice to resist and reject God's saving love.  

You sound very bitter and angry, like you are hurting or grieving.  I am praying that God comfort you and heal your pain, and that you can receive His love for you.

I assure you, I'm not bitter at anyone, but I used to be bitter at God years ago before I learned the truth about Eternal Torment - that it's a false idea that only exists because of its companion error, Immortal Soul doctrine. And, why do people believe Immortal Soul doctrine? Because they twist the meaning of some verses to gain support for it while ignoring others which hopelessly deny it.

They read "Who only hath immortality" but think "Who hath immortality like the rest of us". 

They read "seek for immortality" but think "no need to seek for what we already got".

They read "must put on immorality" but think "already wearing it, just not in the smoking section."

They read "never shalt thou be anymore" but think "always dunk us with his pitchfork to ensure even cooking".

Edited by phoneman-777

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,943
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

14 minutes ago, phoneman-777 said:

I assure you, I'm not bitter at anyone, but I used to be bitter at God years ago before I learned the truth about Eternal Torment - that it's a false idea that only exists because of its companion error, Immortal Soul doctrine. And, why do people believe Immortal Soul doctrine? Because they twist the meaning of some verses to gain support for it while ignoring others which hopelessly deny it.

They read "Who only hath immortality" but think "Who hath immortality like the rest of us". 

They read "seek for immortality" but think "no need to seek for what we already got".

They read "must put on immorality" but think "already wearing it, just not in the smoking section."

They read "never shalt thou be anymore" but think "always dunk us with his pitchfork to ensure even cooking".

You seem to be disagreeing with our Statement of Faith.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.94
  • Days Won:  1

18 minutes ago, phoneman-777 said:

Because they twist the meaning of some verses to gain support for it while ignoring others which hopelessly deny it.

It would help in understanding this statement if you would quote those actual verses and from which translation they come.