• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,094
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

On 8/4/2023 at 1:15 AM, Annette443pink said:

Should a person stay in a dead marriage?

Depends. If he wants to kill her then no.

https://www.bethinking.org/bible/bible-scandals/5-marital-abuse

Edited by Renskedejonge

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  65
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,568
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  7

On 8/9/2023 at 12:01 PM, JohnD said:

Having been married (by the grace of God and my Beloved Bride) going on 43 years this coming Christmas Day (New York City December 25, 1980)... I can say while at times marriage seems to be dead and a waste of life... it is actually neither. Marriages (all of them) have periods of ups and downs. And getting through the drudgery downs are investments in the heavenly ups that will surely come. Don't act / overreact to either extreme. The heavenly ups will never last forever. The drudgery downs  never last forever... if no one overreacts or makes a detrimental decision to to betray the marriage or end  it.

I'm thinking of all the divorcees I know who wish they'd given their marriage more chances to succeed. 

Or of widows and widowers who would give their very lives to have more time with their beloved departed (even though they drove each other bonkers at times in life, or seemed indifferent for a period of time). 

My Beloved Bride and I posed some years back for an anniversary photo to send to loved ones...

We stood abreast of one another wielding weapons of domestic destruction for fun... she rared back with a skillet to bonk me on the head and I  had a shovel on my shoulder like a baseball bat.

Anyone in marriage understood the photo... at times this is what we wanted to do to one another... but not really... not to act it out...

What prompted the idea was a shopping day at Wal-Mart. I was my usual loving self that day... ahem... actually, my Beloved Bride says I was quite a pill that day... and as we grappled from one aisle to the next grousing over anything and everything, she said "we need a  skillet." 

"Need a skillet? We don't need another skillet. We have plenty at home." I replied.

She said, "Oh I only need it here... to hit you in the head!"

My response... "Well good! Now I don't feel bad about wanting to clobber you with a shovel back in the garden center."

We both laughed and hugged and apologized over the snits we were in over virtually nothing. And the photo was a humorous way of showing the world we are in love despite it all.

Remember, one couple is a marriage of two sin-natured, fallible human beings attempting to make one blissful life together.

And the reason our spouse gets under our skin so easily is because we do not allow anyone else that deeply into our heart, our mind, our psyche... but we retain our own individuality which at times drives the other freakin' nuts.

Best to realize this, respect one another, count to ten, go on a long walk to cool down, and refuse to threaten each other (especially with the d word).

Ruth Bell Graham (wife of evangelist Billy Graham) once answered a question: "No, divorce is never an option. Murder, maybe. But never divorce." LOL

She was being facetious yet earnest.

Thank you for sharing from your own experience and knowledge you have gained along the way. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  290
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

Matthew 19:9 give the only grounds a christian can get a divorce and have God's blessing.

• 4 months later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.42

Responses to the remarriage deception

Permission to move on

“1 Corinthians 7:15, ESV, seems to give the innocent party permission to move on.”

A believer does not seek divorce; however, when an unbelieving husband or wife seeks divorce, the believer grants the divorce, they are not bound to refuse the divorce.

This does not give permission to remarry. Where is the second witness?

On the contrary scripture is very clear on remarriage.

1 Corinthians 7:10-16
And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband:
But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried, or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife.
But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away.
And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him.
For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.
But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such [cases]: but God hath called us to peace.
For what knowest thou, O wife, whether thou shalt save [thy] husband? or how knowest thou, O man, whether thou shalt save [thy] wife?

Mark 10:4-9
And they said, Moses suffered to write a bill of divorcement, and to put her away.
And Jesus answered and said unto them, For the hardness of your heart he wrote you this precept.
But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female.
For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife;
And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh.
What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

Not directed to return to former husband

“Jesus doesn’t tell the woman at the well to go back to her first husband, John 4:5-42.”

He can’t, that’s an abomination.

Deuteronomy 24:3-4
And if the latter husband hate her, and write her a bill of divorcement, and giveth it in her hand, and sendeth her out of his house; or if the latter husband die, which took her to be his wife;
Her former husband, which sent her away, may not take her again to be his wife, after that she is defiled; for that is abomination before the LORD: and thou shalt not cause the land to sin, which the LORD thy God giveth thee for an inheritance.

Should not stay trapped in an abusive relationship

“People should not stay trapped in an abusive relationship.”

They are pemitted to leave, but not to remarry.

1 Corinthians 7:10-11
And unto the married I command, [yet] not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from [her] husband:
But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried, or be reconciled to [her] husband: and let not the husband put away [his] wife.

We need to respect and support remarriage

“Once people are remarried, rightly or wrongly, we need to respect and support that marriage.”

Compassion is for those who do not commit a sin unto death.

1 John 5:16
If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.

Jude 1:22-23
And of some have compassion, making a difference:
And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.
Adultery is a sin unto death

📝 Remarriage whilst your husband or wife is living is adultery.
https://morenoble.bearblog.dev/remarriage

1 Corinthians 6:9-10
Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Galatians 5:19-21
Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are [these]; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told [you] in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
We are to reprove and instruct those that oppose themselves.

Ephesians 5:11
And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

2 Timothy 2:24-26
And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,
In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.
When we believe, we speak.

Proverbs 24:11-12
If thou forbear to deliver [them that are] drawn unto death, and [those that are] ready to be slain;
If thou sayest, Behold, we knew it not; doth not he that pondereth the heart consider [it]? and he that keepeth thy soul, doth [not] he know [it]? and shall [not] he render to [every] man according to his works?

James 4:17
Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

References
https://morenoble.bearblog.dev/sin-unto-death
https://morenoble.bearblog.dev/abomination-to-the-lord

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,119
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

On 8/26/2023 at 8:02 AM, garee said:

It takes two to be ministry for Christ.

Actually, it takes three: don't leave out the One in the equation.

On 8/3/2023 at 5:15 PM, Annette443pink said:

Should a person stay in a dead marriage?

Who is able to raise the dead?

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  95
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  03/20/1980

On 3/16/2024 at 11:50 PM, More Noble said:

Responses to the remarriage deception

Permission to move on

“1 Corinthians 7:15, ESV, seems to give the innocent party permission to move on.”

A believer does not seek divorce; however, when an unbelieving husband or wife seeks divorce, the believer grants the divorce, they are not bound to refuse the divorce.

This does not give permission to remarry. Where is the second witness?

On the contrary scripture is very clear on remarriage.

1 Corinthians 7:10-16
And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband:
But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried, or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife.
But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away.
And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him.
For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.
But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such [cases]: but God hath called us to peace.
For what knowest thou, O wife, whether thou shalt save [thy] husband? or how knowest thou, O man, whether thou shalt save [thy] wife?

Mark 10:4-9
And they said, Moses suffered to write a bill of divorcement, and to put her away.
And Jesus answered and said unto them, For the hardness of your heart he wrote you this precept.
But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female.
For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife;
And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh.
What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

Not directed to return to former husband

“Jesus doesn’t tell the woman at the well to go back to her first husband, John 4:5-42.”

He can’t, that’s an abomination.

Deuteronomy 24:3-4
And if the latter husband hate her, and write her a bill of divorcement, and giveth it in her hand, and sendeth her out of his house; or if the latter husband die, which took her to be his wife;
Her former husband, which sent her away, may not take her again to be his wife, after that she is defiled; for that is abomination before the LORD: and thou shalt not cause the land to sin, which the LORD thy God giveth thee for an inheritance.

Should not stay trapped in an abusive relationship

“People should not stay trapped in an abusive relationship.”

They are pemitted to leave, but not to remarry.

1 Corinthians 7:10-11
And unto the married I command, [yet] not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from [her] husband:
But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried, or be reconciled to [her] husband: and let not the husband put away [his] wife.

We need to respect and support remarriage

“Once people are remarried, rightly or wrongly, we need to respect and support that marriage.”

Compassion is for those who do not commit a sin unto death.

1 John 5:16
If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.

Jude 1:22-23
And of some have compassion, making a difference:
And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.
Adultery is a sin unto death

📝 Remarriage whilst your husband or wife is living is adultery.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10
Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Galatians 5:19-21
Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are [these]; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told [you] in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
We are to reprove and instruct those that oppose themselves.

Ephesians 5:11
And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

2 Timothy 2:24-26
And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,
In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.
When we believe, we speak.

Proverbs 24:11-12
If thou forbear to deliver [them that are] drawn unto death, and [those that are] ready to be slain;
If thou sayest, Behold, we knew it not; doth not he that pondereth the heart consider [it]? and he that keepeth thy soul, doth [not] he know [it]? and shall [not] he render to [every] man according to his works?

James 4:17
Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

References
https://morenoble.bearblog.dev/sin-unto-death
https://morenoble.bearblog.dev/abomination-to-the-lord

https://www.biblescandals.com/index.html

You should check this out