Dead Marriages

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  228
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1

Should a person stay in a dead marriage?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

On 8/4/2023 at 12:15 AM, Annette443pink said:

Paul made it clear as did Jesus that we are to stay in a marriage, and not leave them because we are unhappy or the spouse  isn't  a Christian.

We are to live for Jesus, honoring  him in our difficult lives, witnessing to them of the love of Jesus.

Please ensure that you know the theology  of marriage,  the command for wives to obey their  husband is balanced by the command that husbands are to love their wives as sactifically as Jesus lo es us, giv8ng up everything for us.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

On 8/3/2023 at 6:15 PM, Annette443pink said:

Having been married (by the grace of God and my Beloved Bride) going on 43 years this coming Christmas Day (New York City December 25, 1980)... I can say while at times marriage seems to be dead and a waste of life... it is actually neither. Marriages (all of them) have periods of ups and downs. And getting through the drudgery downs are investments in the heavenly ups that will surely come. Don't act / overreact to either extreme. The heavenly ups will never last forever. The drudgery downs  never last forever... if no one overreacts or makes a detrimental decision to to betray the marriage or end  it.

I'm thinking of all the divorcees I know who wish they'd given their marriage more chances to succeed. 

Or of widows and widowers who would give their very lives to have more time with their beloved departed (even though they drove each other bonkers at times in life, or seemed indifferent for a period of time). 

My Beloved Bride and I posed some years back for an anniversary photo to send to loved ones...

We stood abreast of one another wielding weapons of domestic destruction for fun... she rared back with a skillet to bonk me on the head and I  had a shovel on my shoulder like a baseball bat.

Anyone in marriage understood the photo... at times this is what we wanted to do to one another... but not really... not to act it out...

What prompted the idea was a shopping day at Wal-Mart. I was my usual loving self that day... ahem... actually, my Beloved Bride says I was quite a pill that day... and as we grappled from one aisle to the next grousing over anything and everything, she said "we need a  skillet." 

"Need a skillet? We don't need another skillet. We have plenty at home." I replied.

She said, "Oh I only need it here... to hit you in the head!"

My response... "Well good! Now I don't feel bad about wanting to clobber you with a shovel back in the garden center."

We both laughed and hugged and apologized over the snits we were in over virtually nothing. And the photo was a humorous way of showing the world we are in love despite it all.

Remember, one couple is a marriage of two sin-natured, fallible human beings attempting to make one blissful life together.

And the reason our spouse gets under our skin so easily is because we do not allow anyone else that deeply into our heart, our mind, our psyche... but we retain our own individuality which at times drives the other freakin' nuts.

Best to realize this, respect one another, count to ten, go on a long walk to cool down, and refuse to threaten each other (especially with the d word).

Ruth Bell Graham (wife of evangelist Billy Graham) once answered a question: "No, divorce is never an option. Murder, maybe. But never divorce." LOL

She was being facetious yet earnest.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Love it..... really very sweet....

Good to hear from you,God Bless you and your beautiful Bride

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Marriage ain't always smooth sailing, but when things get rough, it's like putting your faith to the test. Sticking around in a "dead" marriage can be heavy, but it's also about exploring every angle, seeking guidance, and trying to revive what's gone dim. Remember, there's no one-size-fits-all answer, but trust your instincts and seek that higher guidance.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,398
  • Content Per Day:  12.14
  • Days Won:  31

Seriously, if we read the passage about the grace of God in Ephesians 2, we can see that grace can indeed transform.

But it's not about giving God a timetable for results - as some might argue - but rather a matter of trust that reaches into eternity.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  790
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

Marriages can be killed (by adultery or abuse). But they don't just die of their own accord.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

On 8/3/2023 at 6:15 PM, Annette443pink said:

What is a dead marriage

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,589
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

1 hour ago, other one said:

What is a dead marriage

One that reads " together forever "  on a tombstone?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,589
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 8/3/2023 at 7:15 PM, Annette443pink said:

Hi, While I think God has provided for divorce and even wrote out procedures He stated He had to do so  because of  the hardness of the hearts ( Of men I presume).  Thee are also writings pertaining to what one is expected to do after divorcing, so... 

But; I am more struck by the question asked being followed by the signature statement that follows:

"Humility is perfect quietness of heart. It is for me to have no trouble: never to be fretted or vexed or irritated or sore or disappointed. It is to expect nothing, to wonder at nothing that is done to me, to feel nothing done against me. It is to be at rest when nobody praises me, and when I am blamed or despised. It is to have a blessed home in the Lord, where I can go in and shut the door, and kneel to my Father in secret, and am at peace as in a deep sea of calmness when all around and above is trouble. It is the fruit of the Lord Jesus Christ's redemptive work on Calvary's Cross, manifest in those of His own who are definitely subjected to the Holy Spirit.

Andrew Murray"