• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,873
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

5 hours ago, Stan Murff said:

So you think our future sins are NOT forgiven then right?

It depends on if we have truly repented and accepted Jesus as our Lord. People who have done so don't continue on saying "it's doesn't matter how much I sin because it's all covered." Like the unforgiving servant, they show that their heart has not truly been transformed.

Are you willing to answer some questions? First, do you believe getting drunk is a sin, according to the Bible? Second, do you think it's not a problem to continue living in willful sin without any hint of remorse or fighting against it? If the answer to both is yes, I have bad news for you.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

6 hours ago, Stan Murff said:

It sounds like drinking alcohol is not a problem then, and who's to say how much is too much?

It sounds to me like the only answer you will hear, is the one you want to hear, regardless of whether it is right or not. You've gotten some good information here, what you do with it is up to you. Have a pleasant day.

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

7 hours ago, phoneman-777 said:

more than 3 days elapse

No. He arose on Sabbath eve ( From 3pm Nisan 14 to eve of Nisan 17). He is LORD of the Sabbath.

The Resurrection Was Not on Sunday.docx

The other is RCC hogwash. Hogwash seems durable, but not true. Somewhat like all the dispensational nonsense.

Take people's crutches and they invent another...:(

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  289
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

Well I think the authority on this is God himself. Based on the bible, drunkenness' is a sin. 1 Corinthians 6:9,10. Also it doesn't make sense for "future" sins to be forgiven.  God only forgives if one is repentant and stops the sin. Therefore it takes time to show one is repentant.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.92
  • Days Won:  1

9 hours ago, Stan Murff said:

It sounds like drinking alcohol is not a problem then, and who's to say how much is too much?

Have you ever considered talking to an alcohol abuse counselor?  Or attending a few AA meetings?

It might benefit you in finding the answer you seek.

Always remember, it's your life and you're the only one that can live it, no one else can live it for you.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,027
  • Content Per Day:  4.80

9 hours ago, BK1110 said:

It depends on if we have truly repented and accepted Jesus as our Lord. People who have done so don't continue on saying "it's doesn't matter how much I sin because it's all covered." Like the unforgiving servant, they show that their heart has not truly been transformed.

Are you willing to answer some questions? First, do you believe getting drunk is a sin, according to the Bible? Second, do you think it's not a problem to continue living in willful sin without any hint of remorse or fighting against it? If the answer to both is yes, I have bad news for you.

I'm hearing we are all born sinners and we sin every day and all sins are already forgiven past present and future.

So I do truly believe Jesus went to the cross and was raised from the dead for my sins, so based on what I'm hearing all around this means I cannot lose my salvation.

If you are one that is convinced you can actually lose salvation I'd like to see someone make a case for that so I can compare the bible verses you are talking about verses what everyone else is saying.

It seems like the majority of people are saying all sins are forgiven and believers absolutely cannot lose their salvation!

So is there a consensus on this or is there a conflict about this?

Edited by Stan Murff

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Stan

So basically what you'd like to hear( wouldn't we all?all) is "Yes Stan all your sins,past present and future have been Covered,Washed away by the Precious Blood of Jesus- you may do as you please"....I wanted to hear that too as a Christian still on tye milk and honestly it was alright because what we do not yet know we are really not accountable for....oh no doubt some will argue that but our Merciful,Loving God Has,by His Grace Given His Only Begotten Son that we MAY LIVE!And God Knows our heart,a truly repentant heart and tye unrepentant heart- how does one repent of sin that he knows not yet is sin?

Seems to me (& I might be wrong) but you yourself consider what you are doing is neither pleading nor acceptable in God's Sight - that's why you continue to ask" but I'm Forgiven,right?"

At this point I Believe you are accountable and willingly rebelling,the desire of your heart seems self serving...... And this is either a sin of the flesh you've not yet been Delivered of because you are not "all in" and feeding your Spirit thst you can grow and mature OR you've not truly accepted Jesus as Lord and Savior and Born Again.... it's just one or the other Stan

If you have been Born Again then I do hope you will Renew your Mind that you will Live A Life More Abundant- and yes,you are Saved BUT only you know which it is- I cannot answer that for you

With love in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  289
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

Our sins have not and will not be forgiven unless we repent. Yes the price have been paid for our sins with Jesus ransom, however its not automatic.  

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  201
  • Topics Per Day:  0.37
  • Content Count:  3,427
  • Content Per Day:  6.24
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

13 hours ago, Stan Murff said:

See my answer to this below. 

6 hours ago, The_Patriot21 said:

It sounds to me like the only answer you will hear, is the one you want to hear, regardless of whether it is right or not. You've gotten some good information here, what you do with it is up to you. Have a pleasant day.

And I think Patriot is spot on.  However, it seems like you may be toying with us a bit here too . . . perhaps not - just a sense I have.

If you are a born-again believer (and I think you are), then Christ lives in you.  This is your one hope of glory. This Person in us lives in us by His Spirit - we are joined to Him as per 1 Corinthians 6:17. Through this indwelling, He is the Anointing which speaks to us about things like drinking too much.  He will guide you into what is true and away from damaging sin, if you let Him.

I was born-again as a youngster, and had a powerful, life-changing experience of the Spirit when I was 18 - He saved me off the streets and out of some pretty serious drugs and alcohol consumption. However, at some point I fell back into some of that (mostly pot and alcohol). I would repent and pray and ask the Lord to take care of it.  At one point the enjoyment for pot smoking was gone and replaced with bad feelings when I did it.  So I didn't do it much afterward, and then quit.  I knew this was not pleasing to Him, plus the desire was gone!

Binging on booze (often alone) was a more of an issue.   It was destructive and my behavior was damaging in a number of ways (myself, others, career, wrecked cars, etc.). I sought the Lord for this.  Often times, while intoxicated, I would confide in Him - "Lord I know this isn't good and I don't really even enjoy it that much anymore.  Please help me here!"  He is faithful, and more and more the desire for getting intoxicated waned. (Praise God!!!)

Now I have the freedom to have one or maybe two drinks tops, while dining with others, etc.  The desire to have more was taken away.  Paul tells us in Ephesians 5:18 being intoxicated is a reckless and wasteful use of our resources (Greek meaning), and it is so vastly better to be filled in spirit.

And being filled in spirit is how we fulfil His desire to be "transformed into His image" (as per Romans 8:29).  If we are boozing it up, we will not be made into the image of Christ, Who gave everything for us.

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  179
  • Content Per Day:  0.61

7 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

No. He arose on Sabbath eve ( From 3pm Nisan 14 to eve of Nisan 17). He is LORD of the Sabbath.

The Resurrection Was Not on Sunday.docxUnavailable

The other is RCC hogwash. Hogwash seems durable, but not true. Somewhat like all the dispensational nonsense.

Take people's crutches and they invent another...:(

So, you disagree with the Bible that He died just before the beginning of the “high Sabbath” which is when a yearly Jewish sabbath falls on a weekly Sabbath?

Nisan 14 Friday

Nisan 15 High Sabbath

Nisan 16 Resurrection Sunday

Edited by phoneman-777