IGNORED

Does someone only need to believe in Jesus to be saved?

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

I don't know if I can explain it properly but I get a lot of mental blocks when I try to remember things about Jesus (even whether he was resurrected) so I have a lot of trouble recalling things about him, with this in mind is it only necessary to believe in Jesus to be saved? Like not know specifics about him such as whether he was resurrected or crucified etc. I don't know if I explained it properly, I just have a hard time thinking about him and the details about him that would be important. But is believing in him enough to be saved without having a firm grasp on other things that have to do with him such as whether he was resurrected or crucified? Maybe I have ADHD or some other mental disorder, because I just can't say with confidence that he was resurrected or even crucified even if I've read the material in the Bible. I don't know if that makes sense, but I definitely have trouble.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  908
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,653
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Okay. We all approach things in different ways to try to get our heads around a thing. We're all wired differently in some ways and the same in other ways.

From earliest revelation in scripture, the evidence that the Judeo-Christian Bible is authentically the Word of God, we find cosmological view in ancient texts that could not have originated from ancient man (who had no true concept of the cosmos or even the world around us). An example is:

Job 26:7 (KJV)
7 He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing.

In arguably the oldest book in the Bible comes the concept that planet Earth is suspended in outer space. At the time, man could not discern if the world was all there is to creation... and that the sun moon and stars were all miniature spheres or points of light in the dome shaped vault of sky overhead. Yet here is an accurate description of Earth cosmology.

Also in the oldest book of the Bible:

Job 38:13–14 (KJV)
13 That it might take hold of the ends of the earth, that the wicked might be shaken out of it?
14 It is turned as clay to the seal; and they stand as a garment.

A seal was a ring or tube of some sort with a design etched on it to rotate over clay seals or tablets before they dried usually by using a stick or thong of leather. The sun moon and stars all appeared to ancient man to rotate around the earth, how is it then that we have in ancient texts that it is actually the earth that rotates? God must have inspired the writers of the biblical texts. 

All of this is to briefly demonstrate the certainty that the Bible is the Word of the God who created all things created.

Based on that Word, not the testimony of man or the traditions of man or religion or whatever... we have prima facie proof that

• God exists (Isaiah 46:9 / Psalm 53:1 / Psalm 19:1)
  • God created all things created (Genesis 1:1 / John 1:3 / Colossians 1:16 ? Hebrews 1:2)
  • That God exists at the same time in the same way as three individuals (Father, Son, Holy Spirit)
  • God the Son created all things created in the beginning alone by himself (John 1:3 / Colossians 1:16 / Nehemiah 9:6 / Isaiah 44:24)
  • This lone Creator became human without sacrificing his deity to pay the sin debt of all mankind (John 1:1 / John 1:14 / Philippians 2:6-8 / 1 Timothy 4:10 / 1 John 2:2)
  • That there is only one way to activate that prepaid salvation in every individual account and that is by belief in the genuine Jesus (as revealed in scripture) John 3:16-18
  • God made it deliberately clear that this activation of salvation does not include works rather that human salvation is and can only be God's work alone Ephesians 2:8-10

God wants us to believe him / take him at his word.

John 6:29 (KJV)
29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

John 16:27 (KJV)
27 For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.

Sometimes you have to take things on face value albeit on God's good authority.

We do this all the time, from the way we shop, vote, drive cars, pay taxes, etc. It should not be any more difficult to accept these things than these or, say, the fact that your parents claim to be your parents... you have no way of knowing otherwise... you were too young to remember being born...

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

While having a deep understanding of all the specifics is cool, at the core, it's about believing in Jesus and what he stands for – love, forgiveness, and salvation. Faith ain't about nailing down every detail perfectly; it's about having that heart connection. If you've got that belief in Jesus, you're on the right track. We all have our moments of doubt or struggle, it's totally human.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  774
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,949
  • Content Per Day:  3.05
  • Days Won:  1

On 8/9/2023 at 11:29 PM, JohnD said:

Okay. We all approach things in different ways to try to get our heads around a thing. We're all wired differently in some ways and the same in other ways.

From earliest revelation in scripture, the evidence that the Judeo-Christian Bible is authentically the Word of God, we find cosmological view in ancient texts that could not have originated from ancient man (who had no true concept of the cosmos or even the world around us). An example is:

Job 26:7 (KJV)
7 He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing.

In arguably the oldest book in the Bible comes the concept that planet Earth is suspended in outer space. At the time, man could not discern if the world was all there is to creation... and that the sun moon and stars were all miniature spheres or points of light in the dome shaped vault of sky overhead. Yet here is an accurate description of Earth cosmology.

Also in the oldest book of the Bible:

Job 38:13–14 (KJV)
13 That it might take hold of the ends of the earth, that the wicked might be shaken out of it?
14 It is turned as clay to the seal; and they stand as a garment.

A seal was a ring or tube of some sort with a design etched on it to rotate over clay seals or tablets before they dried usually by using a stick or thong of leather. The sun moon and stars all appeared to ancient man to rotate around the earth, how is it then that we have in ancient texts that it is actually the earth that rotates? God must have inspired the writers of the biblical texts. 

All of this is to briefly demonstrate the certainty that the Bible is the Word of the God who created all things created.

Based on that Word, not the testimony of man or the traditions of man or religion or whatever... we have prima facie proof that

• God exists (Isaiah 46:9 / Psalm 53:1 / Psalm 19:1)
  • God created all things created (Genesis 1:1 / John 1:3 / Colossians 1:16 ? Hebrews 1:2)
  • That God exists at the same time in the same way as three individuals (Father, Son, Holy Spirit)
  • God the Son created all things created in the beginning alone by himself (John 1:3 / Colossians 1:16 / Nehemiah 9:6 / Isaiah 44:24)
  • This lone Creator became human without sacrificing his deity to pay the sin debt of all mankind (John 1:1 / John 1:14 / Philippians 2:6-8 / 1 Timothy 4:10 / 1 John 2:2)
  • That there is only one way to activate that prepaid salvation in every individual account and that is by belief in the genuine Jesus (as revealed in scripture) John 3:16-18
  • God made it deliberately clear that this activation of salvation does not include works rather that human salvation is and can only be God's work alone Ephesians 2:8-10

God wants us to believe him / take him at his word.

John 6:29 (KJV)
29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

John 16:27 (KJV)
27 For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.

Sometimes you have to take things on face value albeit on God's good authority.

We do this all the time, from the way we shop, vote, drive cars, pay taxes, etc. It should not be any more difficult to accept these things than these or, say, the fact that your parents claim to be your parents... you have no way of knowing otherwise... you were too young to remember being born...

You need to forgive people that God may forgive you too

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  2,378
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  1

On 8/9/2023 at 7:49 PM, plo1988 said:

I don't know if I can explain it properly but I get a lot of mental blocks when I try to remember things about Jesus (even whether he was resurrected) so I have a lot of trouble recalling things about him, with this in mind is it only necessary to believe in Jesus to be saved? Like not know specifics about him such as whether he was resurrected or crucified etc. I don't know if I explained it properly, I just have a hard time thinking about him and the details about him that would be important. But is believing in him enough to be saved without having a firm grasp on other things that have to do with him such as whether he was resurrected or crucified? Maybe I have ADHD or some other mental disorder, because I just can't say with confidence that he was resurrected or even crucified even if I've read the material in the Bible. I don't know if that makes sense, but I definitely have trouble.

A Christian is someone who has sincerely surrendered ownership of their life to Jesus (i.e. confesses Jesus as their Lord) as a faith response to His Gospel. That Gospel includes His sacrifice for our sins, and resurrection - i.e. the fact that He permanently conquered death for us.

There were many people named "Jesus" (Yeshua) in ancient Israel, and many who were "crucified" by Romans, but only one "Jesus" was permanently resurrected from the dead - paving the way for us into eternal life with God.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Jesus said in John 6:47
Very truly I tell you, the one who believes has eternal life.

But you must understand that if you only believe in Jesus then you are not a christian. The one who obeys the gospel (and the Holy Spirit) is a christian. If you believe and not obey then you are a false christian.

John 14,15-16
If you love me, keep my commands. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate to help you and be with you forever

John 14,26
But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

You need to be born again to enter heaven. You need the Holy Spirit.

John 3:5
Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit.

If you want to go to heaven just talk to Jesus. Give Him your heart. That is all. He will teach you ALL things.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

I think a better question would have been do I have to believe what some "Christian" says/believes to be saved? So here just in this thread is it your word or Gods? We have no say in this? See some believe its about them how important they are. When its not about them at all. Its His word its His sweet sweet holy Spirit that does it all you and I did nothing. Its why we lay all our crowns at His feet because some know it now but some will not until they are standing before Him that HE not they did it all.

Some have faith some do not. Its His word and it has LIFE and POWER and AUTHORITY and to just speak to a sinner "for God so loved the world He gave His only son and if you believe in Him you will not tasted death but have ever lasting life". Wait that's  not enough they need to tell us to our face and make us believe they repent and are truly sorry and if they go back to sin for days weeks months or years.. well easy they were never saved. May God have mercy on you..ooh He does and favor for a life time.

See John 3:16 to some is just written by John who by the spirit of God remembered everything Jesus said. Those words are life to those that find them. HAHA the fact they can not come to Christ unless He draws them meaning He already knows their heart wants to repent. Us? Were doing exactly what God told us not to do in Samuel. Don't look judge them by the flesh for I don't I see the heart.

The fact everyone has sin they have never repented of. Do you know why? Because you will not see it you do not believe it is sin. When you say GOD take me as I am GOD I repent of everything.. do what ever you want in my life no matter the cost. No say it and watch NOTHING what so ever happen. Why? Because you never said it with your heart. You are not willing to change YET. You are no different. You can not know you have the real truth when He is the only one that does.

Anyway.. Mark 11 25. It was said to Jews not one Christian. Christ had not even died for the sins of the world yet. Jews where known for standing when they prayed blah blah blah. If I don't forgive what SIN is it God will not or should I say already didn't forgive me for? What Christ missed that one He knew I would do after I was born from above? Its was said to Jews. Like the lords prayer awesome but its not how believers pray. Read the NT how they prayed.. 

We don't save He does. We don't make them do anything we are not the sinners God they do not answer to us. Have faith in that GOD you with your/my lips we believe in. You tell them repent.. and believe John 3:16 and your saved. We don't know the heart its NOT about YOU its HIM and them. Get out of HIS way. Let HIM do what HE said. He give them a new spirit He started something HE will not maybe not ooh only if they do this or that. NOPE He said what He starts He will finish...do you believe Him or what you see and feel? Walk by FIATH not sight. Its ALWAYS about faith. Trust HIM. He can't lie and HE knows all of this better then any man has ever lived.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  1,628
  • Content Per Day:  1.15

Ephesians 2:1-9, " As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins, in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient. All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our flesh and following its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature deserving of wrath.  But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved. And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus. For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."

Clearly, if you believe that Jesus paid the price for your sins, you are "saved".

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,027
  • Content Per Day:  4.54

On 8/9/2023 at 4:49 AM, plo1988 said:

Does someone only need to believe in Jesus to be saved?

Some claim as long as you acknowledge Jesus is real then you are saved and you can keep living in whatever sinful lifestyle you've always been involved in and it's all good and nobody's lives need to be changed as this is optional and isn't a big deal.

Then, if you say "I'm still doing sinful things like I always have" they'll contradict themselves and turn around and say you can't sin and if you still are living in sin you were never saved in the first place.

Lots of folks are confused about what it means to be born again.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,027
  • Content Per Day:  4.54

On 8/16/2023 at 7:42 AM, R. Hartono said:

You need to forgive people that God may forgive you too

This is absolutely true and correct, but hopefully the OP doesn't get confused when the once saved always saved people come along as say refusing to forgive others does not mean one will not go to Heaven when they die.

Matthew 6:15
If ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

The once saved always saved teachings claim you can never lose your salvation but according to Jesus refusing to forgive will prevent one from getting in to His Kingdom because one cannot get in without their sins being forgiven.